Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58149 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:

Well, I don't dwell into tribal issues, neither the motive of my comment, I just believe, as a concerned citizen government and government should be for all and in interest of all, regardless of race or tribe....it may have affected Yorubas too and I've not read it anywhere that a set of Yoruba people were schemed out of the exercise.

That mentioned, my concern is, the government needs to find a competent and fair way of doing this, such that innocent people will not share from the misfortune of some terrible people in the system
competent and fair?
What does that mean?What will It look like in practice

The crux is that He is a trespasser.

Nigeria occupied Bakassi for decades. When they lost the case they quit
So let have too empty sentiments

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by soccerlite: 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
deenee:
No sentiments in this case.

People brought land. Went to state ministry of land to process C of O and they were told that the land belongs to the FHA.

Some cut their losses and moved on. Other felt they could bribe their way with money. Some bold ones decided to take the FHA to court.

The area in contention has been in court for over 5 years. Now my question is why proceed to refill and build on the land, when y'all are all clearly aware of the impending court case?

Who was selling land that belong to FHA?

Why did FHA not put notice that land in that area belongs to them?

The way people put this house isn't for sale on their building

FHA officials nko, they don't come to such area to their field post

Haba na

Be rationale

Na dem today it can be you tomorrow

Don't think it's only house
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Why not ask if Cameroon was asleep when Nigeria occupied Bakassi?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by shegzee43: 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
PHIPEX:
Who sold the land? These people did not just wake up and build a house, they bought the supposed land from someone.

How about the criminals that sold the lands?

Why does the govt wait for people to finish their building before demolishing them? "Delay defeats equity"

They even got government approval before construction. There is no way you can exonerate the government.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Major1984(m): 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
Tajbol4splend:
Look at how Israel has become the landlord from the position of tenants in the Palestinian land, look at what the Fulani people did in our own Ilorin, look at what Akeredolu's wife Anyanwu is perpetrating in Ondo State, look at what an Igbo boy Chinedu trying to become Governor in our own Center of Excellence, look at what Sardauna of Sokoto said about them in more than 50 years ago, we must find a way to curb their excesses, they are of no value to we Yorubas, we must watch them with our two eyes open and always remind them where they are from
Israel owned Israel land, you must be a terrorist to said that . Jesus was born in Betlehen in Judea, over 2 millions years ago, was Jesus a Muslim ? Mumu
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by soccerlite: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
dinkyicon:
wtf are you saying? Can you try this shii in developed countries. You guy stop spoiling Nigeria. Stop. Spoiling lagos

I just laugh at you people

Who support evil

Is it not in this life

The evil you people support will surely be your portion
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by dinkyicon: 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
soccerlite:

I just laugh at you people

Who support evil

Is it not in this life

The evil you people support will surely be your portion

nawa ooo so you went to buy house without proper due diligence? So the government should pat you on the back and allow innocent people to suffer? People built houses on drainage and roads so the government should over look it when the blue print has been there for guidance

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
casualobserver:

Stop pretending as you don’t know civil servants are crooks. And don’t put words into my mouth. I said it is possible ( I am speculating) that a civil servant sold land (legally) knowing you can’t build on the land. Even if you have a c of o you cannot have a legitimate building permit over drainage/canal.

Bottom line is that you have seen that you need permits from the MOE to build near canals and evacuation drainages. You cannot build in such a place and claim you didn’t know it was a drainage/canal. Like I said if you have a legitimate c of o, your problem is with the agency that issued it to you, go and meet them. If you have a legitimate building permit over drainage/canal go and meet the agency that issued it to you….simple. Wike said: in Abuja there are plots of land that have 5 different CofOs!

It will be interesting to see of all the many homes demolished how many can actually with full chest challenge the LASG. If your papers are legit, just get a lawyer. Abi?

The commissioner for environment is a lawyer, he worked for one of the top law firms in Nigeria. He is telling you with chest on TV, not once, not twice, if you claim to have papers, go and meet the person who gave you papers, what does that tell you? He knows you have no leg to stand on. He knows 1) you don’t have any papers, 2) whatever papers you have ( if you have) you must have committed some illegality to obtain it. 3) your papers are forged.
The building permit even comes before the CofO, except you want to modify after you have gotten the CofO which will require seeking for a new permit.
I remember a case, the man was trying to process his CofO, so during inspection, an power supply line passed through his premises to the next street, those that came told him he can never get a genuine approval with that wire in his compound, that he should find a way to discuss with the community (the wire installation was done when the area wasn't developed) to chanel it through the right way(the cost will be high due to distance).
The inspectors told him that if they should collect any money from him, that he won't still get a genuine permit, sey na runs he go get, that he will have issues in future

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by pharmaking: 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
Lagos is no man's land joorrr.

Keep building, abi wetin I dey talk.

Keep demolishing any house that belongs to Igbos.

Leave our Lagos for us and go yeast.

Una go collect by force. Yoluba lo kan.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by soccerlite: 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
dinkyicon:
nawa ooo so you went to buy house without proper due diligence? So the government should pat you on the back and allow innocent people to suffer? People built houses on drainage and roads so the government should over look it when the blue print has been there for guidance

Repent and seek forgiveness

Gbogbo nkan ko ni abosi

Who can afford to buy land or build house in Lagos and not have money to chart the land they want to buy

Haba think na

The government keeps shifting the post

Ohun tabi gbin la O ma

Ire o
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Zeebuy: 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jcomtrader:
Sorry bro
Even as a SS person all my investments remain in the SS. The rest go abroad

Like i always say i would rather eat pizza with my money that invest it a territory that hates me.
Your 300m will get good property anywhere jn the world and fetch you dollar rent if you dont know what to do with jt

The new lagos speaker joined with BAT at the center have mever hidden their disdain for foreigners

This is one thing about my Igbo brothers that annoys me. Very silly bunch. I just got back to Owerri from Calabar and the Bolt guy I met in Calabar told me this same thing you said; that he'll never build in another land that isn't his region, but my Igbo brothers no go ever hear.

Anyways, I hope the others learn this lesson.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Zeebuy: 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
BOSSkesh:
It’s not tribalism
Theses houses do not have proper documentation
And built with substandard materials
Also the buildings aren’t properly planned and it’s built illegally
However the case, compensation is paid to ease the suffering
Even you know say na bullshit you dey yarn
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Zeebuy: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
dinkyicon:
Make una no dey talk this thing. Everyone who wants to buy a parcel of land will always go to the ministry of lands to get approval. You want to tell me the ministry gave approval whereas the area is government property?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Zeebuy: 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
pharmaking:
Lagos is no man's land joorrr.

Keep building, abi wetin I dey talk.

Keep demolishing any house that belongs to Igbos.

Leave our Lagos for us and go yeast.

Una go collect by force. Yoluba lo kan.
hahahahahahaha......pauper don drop quote. You know say, even if you live for 400 years you'll never be able to afford one of those houses.
Stay there and be hating. Wretched fellow
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by harjay1986: 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Even in your homeland, if you do not do proper verification, you can still fall in same shoes.

The point you should be emphasizing about is, doing due diligent investigations before venturing into real estate investment.

My own be say head must roll, all the land seller like the estate builder must be brought to book
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2023
yinkus6750:
Why build without proper documents and follow due process?
If you were on the right path, you could have sied the government.
Who has sued government in Nigeria and won?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by CoronaVirusPro: 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
harjay1986:

My own be say head must roll, all the land seller like the estate builder must be brought to book

I agree with you! They must make it to jail!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Lekan239(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks
govt and her people are all corrupt. Imagine this one claiming house that will not be above 80m naira to be 300m naira

Weather 80m or 300m, may god replenish what you lost
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by AK481(m): 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Lies from the pit of hell. Okeke just got his C of O signed.

Okafor ni..

What's his full name ?

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Daataane: 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
Very sad and painful. put yourself in these people shoes.

Lasg will pretend to be blind until people invest their sweat in these projects,, they will now come later to pull it down. Na pure wickedness nothing more!

Why not stop or prevent them from working on the lands at all 🙁🙁

the same tactics that was used for online/ e bike transport in 2019/20 . that's Lagos for you ..
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by casualobserver: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
dinkyicon:
nobody in his right sense will buy property without proper documentation and due diligence

If you did due dligence they won’t be pulling down your house so clearly there are many people with more money than sense.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
shegzee43:

They even got government approval before construction. There is no way you can exonerate the government.

You really do not know this to be true
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2023
shegzee43:

You really do not know this to be true
Have seen the approval?
Who signed it?
On what date?

The way you carry rumours around as it you are a participant is funny
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by new2012: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
Levels1:

Haba

I have only give an honest suggestion from my own point of view since he said he doesn't know what else to do. Besides I don't think going back home is an offence.

Not only is it an offense, it's an insult.. telling a Nigerian to go back home is an insult because he comes from a different state.

the most important problem is that youre a bigot, you don't know it and you yet defend it. Retrace your steps, learn and change your ways.

Imagine a Nigerian in Canada being told by the white Canadian to go back to his country. it's considered racist right? then think abt your own choice of words, you're a tribalist, bigotry has eaten deep in you to a point you spew it without thinking abt it.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
The moment the dunce of a poster said '_there have been speculations that a particular ethnic group is being targeted as a result of the last elections...I lost interest in the story because it's nothing but propaganda.

Then how can someone be homeless when you have a village
Are you scared of your village or village people ?
Or have you been declared a personal non-grata in your village
If your Nigeria London rejects you, why not relocate to your village
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by HRMK: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
OKAY THEN.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by new2012: 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
IbeOkehie:
THERE'S NO PROPERTY RIGHTS IN NIGERIA. I've written this time and again. That's the LAW, not only the law it's part of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria so changing it will be almost impossible.

Any state government can do whatever it wants to your real property and there's little recourse. Which is why productive, long term investors have always avoided Nigeria. Which then leads to the perpetually lagging economy.

Be advised. Nobody owns any land in Nigeria.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Sorry.

My company rent rather than build, they've even had to go to court multiple times as government want to seize the lands because of the huge rent.

No sane investor will build structures in Nigeria, it's an actual hell, you don't want to be caught lacking. there are literarily no rule of law, the government does whatever she wants and there's nothing you can do abt it, the Judiciary is dumb and deaf, invest at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by new2012: 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Peppysco:

Many of you only read but cannot comprehend. The demolition was done by FHA, how you guys turned it to Lagos state government narrative is beyond my understanding. You even read where one of the affected landlords admitted to ignorantly building on a Federal government owned land and their numerous reconciliatory efforts with the FHA, yet, na Sanwo-Olu or Obasa be una problems.

whether it's Federal, state or whatever, doesn't matter.

what matters is now you'll understand why after 20 years at least, no industrial structure springs up..Companies rather rent as nobody knows what the government will do to your structure whenever they like.

the government at at layer are dumb, they won't prevent you from building since the land has issues, they will allow you spend your resources, allow you live there, then wake up one day and destroy your meagre resources. Even the Devil wouldn't be that wicked
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by new2012: 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
BlakKluKluxKlan:
The moment the dunce of a poster said '_there have been speculations that a particular ethnic group is being targeted as a result of the last elections...I lost interest in the story because it's nothing but propaganda.

Then how can someone be homeless when you have a village
Are you scared of your village or village people ?
Or have you been declared a personal non-grata in your village
If your Nigeria London rejects you, why not relocate to your village

Hate prohibits growth! do what you will with that information.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Vision101(m): 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2023
@Wealthoptulent
I am so sad about this, but if it's true that some Ethnic are targeted due to last election; u people went too far boasting LAGOS is no Man's Land , knowing u bought land with no proper DOCUMENTS... [b]lesson for the Others.

@me
Is FHA land Lagos state land? Does sanwa-olu have control over FHA land? Mtcheee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex / Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.