Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,174 members, 7,845,857 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58371 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Manna4Gurls: 7:18am On Nov 25, 2023
I condemned the act from the government and as well felt little or no pity for you

Come back home and build, you guys are comfortable in another man's land cuz you have money. Invest in your home, you said no that you will not make it big. Now your life is shattered and this can cause one to move to square one unless God intervaned...

Igbo's Aku ruo ulo
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by TrumpDonald2: 7:24am On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

The government knows the law more than you do and wont try such if those properties had legal docs.

I made mention of what happened in port harcourt when mile 3 road was about to be expanded, Do you know how many properties were consumed? Sincerely, you have no idea! But people like you will still blame the government for destroying the properties of multitude, without heaping blames that built without setbacks!

I saw a video of some of those properties and I was pained. Imagine someone seeing a sand field canal, and still payed for it! That should have been the first trigger to do proper verification. People seeing the ill and still dumping money on it.

My point is that they should have been informed before the demolition. You can't just take people unawares and destroy their houses no matter what. Unless there's an ulterior motive.

The mile 3 you are talking about, i can assure
you that they were informed about the demolition.

The people living in shanties at waterside were informed before their demolition let alone mile 3.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by YeyeGbami: 7:34am On Nov 25, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
You wey wan put that kind money on something, your sense no suppose tell you to do proper diligence?

Go and ask ya grand father fool.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by nifton(m): 7:44am On Nov 25, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I live in the USA and ALL my siblings and mother too. I live a very good life. This is my real name, I'm not hiding. Please give us the details about how terrible you think the USA is, because apparently it hasn't happened to me. I've visited Europe....France, Italy, UK...several times and I strongly prefer the USA.

I already discussed this on another thread. Go and check the immigration flows. The data is online. Many more Europeans migrate to the USA than USA persons migrate to Europe. In fact I can honestly say I've not met a single USA person that permanently migrated and changed to European citizenship or has told me they have a relative that has done so. But I've met MANY Europeans migrating to USA and have gone through immigration process for CITIZENSHIP...from Sweden, Ireland, Poland, UK, France, Hungary. I mean young people in their 20s and 30s.

Even among Nigerian, African and Asian migrants who are in Europe, check them well and you will find their ultimate destination is always USA or our mother country and 51st state, the UK. I know MANY Nigerians/Africans who started out in Europe and came to the USA. I know only maybe 3 Nigerians/Africans who have migrated from USA to Europe. In all this I'm not counting the UK.

Migration flows are the FINAL ANSWER to any question about which is better, though I think the difference in living standards between say France and USA is just a semantic thing, like saying Nigeria is better than Senegal or Cameroun.

The things I saw in business in Nigeria. I learned a lot. Little and large unbelievable legalities. I've written repeatedly that most Nigerians know very little about their country.

Take this small thing. Do you know it's ILLEGAL to export granite from Nigeria? If that doesn't shock you, the REASON should. Granite export was banned because it's a key component for building roads.

The government said they need all of the abundant granite available in Nigeria because they were going to need it to build roads. I believe this was during Gowon or Murtala regime. grin Don't you just looooove Nigerian roads that have been built with our granite? LOL!!!

Let me advise Nigerians again to go read the Atlantic Magazine article The Coming Anarchy.

Nigeria is an exercise in futility. And we know who bears the most responsibility for making it into the Zoo that it has become. What a pity.

Good Luck to Nigerians!

Hello sir, I just like how you spit facts backed by evidence about Nigeria back to back and at the end, you wish Nigerians luck. grin cheesy grin
A fan of yours I am.

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by monex(m): 7:44am On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Even in your homeland, if you do not do proper verification, you can still fall in same shoes.

The point you should be emphasizing about is, doing due diligent investigations before venturing into real estate investment.

no mind Nigerians and victim mentality
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Levels1(m): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2023
new2012:

Usually people that behave like this are not even from Lagos.. check well, you're definitely not from Lagos, so will u also go to your village? if you doubt this, ask your folks.

like I said, when the white ask the blacks to go back home, they are racist, when your kind ask other tribes to back to their village, you're tribalist. unfortunately, there is no cure for this. you won't even acknowledge your error, so please keep swimming in it. goodluck.

For the records, the guys u loathe could afford to buy land build houses that got destroyed. think abt this, what can you afford beyond claiming the town you're not even from?

Joke aside, I'm not that financial buoyant but then I can buy and feed your immediate family to God who made me and for benefits of doubt, we can arrange on how to see with your real eyes.

So back to the main topic, when situation like this occurred, the victim either go back home and gather himself up and start all over rather than constituting nuisance in someone else's state.

Do you know that the said White you are laying emphasis on equally do deport illegal Immigrant and this scenario is almost the same

I once lived in Anambra state and I can't forget in a hurry how the people of Idimili south ,Alor behavior to Visitors and stranger and when we can't bear it anymore we had to relocate back to our region and to God be the glory I'm doing perfectly fine.

So tell me will something bad happens to him if he relocate back home?

Or there's no better place like our state or what exactly are you driving at?

Note

This is a note of lesson to all the acclaimed developer to go back home and develop their home respectively where they can be proud of.

Stay blessed little boy
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Blackdisciple(m): 8:21am On Nov 25, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Na wa ooo. Things are too shady in Nigeria.

Honestly bro things are really shady in this country because I don't believe someone will put a 300mn building without proper documentation I don't believe it.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 8:38am On Nov 25, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Of course the Lagos State Government is pursuing a tribal, specifically anti-Igbo agenda.

But,

this happens in the Igbo States as well. I hope you know that? As in Igbo people losing their lands and houses to government? There's too many instances. What I don't get is why people ...including the victims...keep making arguments that they have property rights in Nigeria. It's crazy 🤪

The biggest and latest I remember was when Rochas Okorocha designated Orlu as a Township. Most Nigerians have no idea what it means when a place is converted to
or gazetted as a TOWNSHIP. The people of Orlu of course resisted and I don't know the outcome. What I do know is if government is determined, they can do whatever they want because it's their legal right.

Nobody owns any land in Nigeria, anywhere in Nigeria.

Good Luck to Nigerians!
Why are you sharing my post?
What a childish man you are

It is not Lagos state government but Federal government

THAT IS A FACT

So your claim about tribal agenda is false and only tells us the kind of person you are,how you reason and how emotional and petty you are
That is why I called you out.
So sharing that only confirms you are just a tribal jingoist and unintelligent small boy driven by childish emotions
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Go and ask ya grand father fool.
Not surprised, a whole bunch of you are uncultured and lack proper upbringing.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by YeyeGbami: 9:45am On Nov 25, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
Not surprised, a whole bunch of you are uncultured and lack proper upbringing.

Next time comment with culture and proper upbringing
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by WhisperedNoise: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2023
Blackdisciple:

Honestly bro things are really shady in this country because I don't believe someone will put a 300mn building without proper documentation I don't believe it.
You get it bro. 300m is a whole lot of money. Not as if he's renting the house... Will he use 300m to build a house in somewhere illegal? When he knows that the house can be demolished in the future? I don't believe it.

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Calitoscassius(m): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2023
PedoBear:

Live a good life in the US?? E be like student loans, mortgage loans, expensive healthcare costs never reach your side plus waking up to get shot by a random school shooter

Make I no go into further detail

Cancel US from your mind , there's no living good life in US

If you said some European or asian country, I for agree with you
People can get shot anywere in the world. If you invest 300 million in a property in the US you should be able to afford to pay all these you mentioned above, alota Indians and Chinese managed to do it with less money. You have to start from somewhere small before getting to the top big.

In USA you have 51 states to choose from and even south and north Americas.

Yes, anywhere in Europe would be good too to invest that money.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Calitoscassius(m): 10:45am On Nov 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

The thing tire me o. Calling the federal government to come to their rescue as if the government in Lagos and Aso Rock are different. Anyone who can invest 300 - 500 million naira in property in Lagos can do the same in Barbados and the Bahamas, but these people have their intestines tied to FESTAC.

They will learn the hard way.
Exzctly, they are nailed down in Festac. They cannot be moved, how can so called businessmen cannot think outside Lagos? Everything or business must be done in Lagos or Naigeria. Very ignorant! and backwards, business has changed so much over the years but these people are still holding on to "my shop buy and sell business". They do not want to leave their comfort zones.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by IbeOkehie: 11:58am On Nov 25, 2023
Gajagojo:

Why are you sharing my post?
What a childish man you are

It is not Lagos state government but Federal government

THAT IS A FACT

So your claim about tribal agenda is false and only tells us the kind of person you are,how you reason and how emotional and petty you are
That is why I called you out.
So sharing that only confirms you are just a tribal jingoist and unintelligent small boy driven by childish emotions

I don't dispute it's Federal Government but what's the difference? They're both controlled by the APC.

As for tribal agenda, such parochialism exists EVERYWHERE in every diverse country. It's a NORMAL part of politics, anyone denying it must have an evil motive. Even inside Igboland there's discrimination by clan and caste. Among the Yoruba I know there's hatred between the Ijebu and Egba or something of the sort.

It's HUMAN NATURE, I simply advise everyone to make provisions for it, especially in poor, low productivity countries...because scarcity in such nations always exacerbates the tendency.

Read my comment history and you will find I'm the least tribalistic person on this forum. I only bring FACTS to my commentary, so try and learn.

Have a good day.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
new2012haacereddddrenpost=127149336:

Hate prohibits ghrowth! do what you will with that information.

And that is one commodity the children of hate have in abundance. Evil entities.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by IbeOkehie: 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Exzctly, they are nailed down in Festac. They cannot be moved, how can so called businessmen cannot think outside Lagos? Everything or business must be done in Lagos or Naigeria. Very ignorant! and backwards, business has changed so much over the years but these people are still holding on to "my shop buy and sell business". They do not want to leave their comfort zones.

Same way other tribes can't think beyond crude oil and natural gas. If those resources can be shared as national patrimony, why can't location and freedom of movement be respected?

That's the logic, but Nigerians don't do logic.

Have a good day and Good Luck to you all.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Raf4: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
Blitzerz:

You mean like Chicago state certificate abi cool

You're still mourning this lost ☹️ sorry oooo 😞
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
stuffs2002:

Whoever builds an ilegal building like that would bein Dubai or France be looking at jail time

But after the demolitions in both Abuja and Kaduna, none of it has gotten to beauty and coordination even in all these world class cities.

My point is not even against development and rule of law but even when they started building Dubai, some structures and buildings were sacrificed (both legal and illegal) but their govt were so much responsible that they didn't make the citizens homeless in the process
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by CoronaVirusPro: 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

My point is that they should have been informed before the demolition. You can't just take people unawares and destroy their houses no matter what. Unless there's an ulterior motive.

The mile 3 you are talking about, i can assure
you that they were informed about the demolition.

The people living in shanties at waterside were informed before their demolition let alone mile 3.

That you are right about. They should have been informed.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by stuffs2002: 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2023
Boyooosa:

But after the demolitions in both Abuja and Kaduna, none of it has gotten to beauty and coordination even in all these world class cities.

My point is not even against development and rule of law but even when they started building Dubai, some structures and buildings were sacrificed (both legal and illegal) but their govt were so much responsible that they didn't make the citizens homeless in the process

I am an Electrical engineer and my second masters degree in engineering is from the US.

You are talking from the point of view of a Nigerian who has never left Nigeria. This is the kind of mindset that gets Nigerians into trouble the momment they step their foot into western countries.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Blackdisciple(m): 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

You get it bro. 300m is a whole lot of money. Not as if he's renting the house... Will he use 300m to build a house in somewhere illegal? When he knows that the house can be demolished in the future? I don't believe it.

To me there's something fishy about all these demolition of a thing it is not normal at all...
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Pharaohny: 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
never invest in lagos
Don`t invest in lagos
don`t invest in lagos

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

3 point
1 you said two wrong dont make a right, why must you do wrong is the first place
2 govt should wait 10 years, so development should wait 10 years?
3 you wont forgive sanwo olu, government dont need your forgiveness

1. Just play out a scenario, you engage a security man to protect against crime. Your own security gave key to offender, thereby penetrated....I believe you will sanction the two. Not hearing about the sanction of the individuals or agencies that allowed that to play out is a signal that all the demolition might just be a joke.

2. May be u did not read my point on 10 years very well, I never said govt should wait for 10yrw, in fact, I'm expecting them to start the development on Monday so that we won't have the previous situations we've been having in the past

3. This is personal, I know how much I defend him when I have discussions with my friend...you are not me!

I know the stand I took when he had issues with a police officer in magodo, I know how much I tried to explain things to people in his favour, so if I think he makes a move that is negative, I should be fair enough to express it the way it is....I don't defend callousness

The man even claimed that they were not appropriately informed about the demolition and I'm yet to read a disclaimer from the govt side.

Those are my reason for that clause and to be sincere to yourself to, if you eventually find out that the action was politically motivated, will you feel disappointed or not?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by ProfXena2025: 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2023
The most painful part is how those realtors sweet tongue you to paying for these landed properties with "Own a piece of Lagos" and "No hidden charges" slangs. They could out of desperation make you make installment payments with your business income for 2-3 years only for this doom to happen. Its well o

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2023
stuffs2002:

I am an Electrical engineer and my second masters degree in engineering is from the US.

You are talking from the point of view of a Nigerian who has never left Nigeria. This is the kind of mindset that gets Nigerians into trouble the momment they step their foot into western countries.

In your western world, government officials that are corrupt, using their office to manipulate government policies go to jail or get sanctioned when they are found guilty
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
LyfeJennings:

Dey play
God no go let U forgive Sanwo and as U are hating him
Please go to your barren land

I don't play tribal games alaye, check my moniker.

Mw, before you allege me of being LP or PDP again, check my posts on NL

Thanks for not sending any message here undecided
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by stuffs2002: 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
Boyooosa:

In your western world, government officials that are corrupt, using their office to manipulate government policies go to jail or get sanctioned when they are found guilty

Isn't getting sanctioned the same thing as going to jail?

Abeg I no go reply you again.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by egharevba72047: 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2023
Na wa ooo. Things are too shady in Nigeria.Na wa ooo. Things are too shady in Nigeria....
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Peppysco: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
new2012:

whether it's Federal, state or whatever, doesn't matter.

what matters is now you'll understand why after 20 years at least, no industrial structure springs up..Companies rather rent as nobody knows what the government will do to your structure whenever they like.

the government at at layer are dumb, they won't prevent you from building since the land has issues, they will allow you spend your resources, allow you live there, then wake up one day and destroy your meagre resources. Even the Devil wouldn't be that wicked

I'm utterly surprised at your comment, seriously. Governments, all over the world have rules and regulations. Back to Nigeria, the 1976-79 land use act clearly defines land ownership and status in the country. The land victims admitted to building on a Federal government owned property and you're here claiming selective victimization. Why didn't those landlords do diligent research before commiting their hard earned resources on the properties? Whose fault is it that the builders built on government land?

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Khyrvxjzy: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2023
Boyooosa:

1. Just play out a scenario, you engage a security man to protect against crime. Your own security gave key to offender, thereby penetrated....I believe you will sanction the two. Not hearing about the sanction of the individuals or agencies that allowed that to play out is a signal that all the demolition might just be a joke.

2. May be u did not read my point on 10 years very well, I never said govt should wait for 10yrw, in fact, I'm expecting them to start the development on Monday so that we won't have the previous situations we've been having in the past

3. This is personal, I know how much I defend him when I have discussions with my friend...you are not me!

I know the stand I took when he had issues with a police officer in magodo, I know how much I tried to explain things to people in his favour, so if I think he makes a move that is negative, I should be fair enough to express it the way it is....I don't defend callousness

The man even claimed that they were not appropriately informed about the demolition and I'm yet to read a disclaimer from the govt side.

Those are my reason for that clause and to be sincere to yourself to, if you eventually find out that the action was politically motivated, will you feel disappointed or not?

am happy you said politically motivated

ok
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

am happy you said politically motivated

ok

May be our leaders have made us to lose trust in them....the reason alot of us doubt whatever thing they do, negative or positive, not until we see obvious reason to believe them
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Khyrvxjzy: 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2023
Boyooosa:

May be our leaders have made us to lose trust in them....the reason alot of us doubt whatever thing they do, negative or positive, not until we see obvious reason to believe them

you are right

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? / Cost Of Constructing A Mini Swimming Pool / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.