Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Should Power Return To The North In 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Power Return To The North In 2015? (13329 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC / Why Is There ''south South'' But No '' North North'' In Nigeria? / Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Depointer1: 3:42am On Nov 04, 2011
Let 's be considerate. As long as the power doesn't go anyway near IBB, Atiku, Gusau, and Ciroma. Am from the SW so dont call me Aboki, but to be honest I dont trust any Southern leader for a minute anymore.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by igbo2011(m): 3:49am On Nov 04, 2011
It doesn't matter where the power goes. I WANT DEVELOPMENT!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by juman(m): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
igbo2011:

It doesn't matter where the power goes. I WANT DEVELOPMENT!!!

I go for total break up.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by djustice: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
Let 's be considerate. As long as the power doesn't go anyway near Bola Tinubu, any of the Uba Brothers, Odili or Alameyeisegha, I'm cool with it to remain in the South, especially the south-south. I'm from the Core North, so don't call me Yoruba-Yoruba., but to be honest I dont trust any Northern leader for a minute anymore.

Especially since Yar'Adua reversed all the power projects and dashed all the equipment to his brother-in-law, whom he also made the Comptroller-General of Customs.

Especially since Yar'Adua imposed the inexperienced but verbose Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the CBN Governor, for the purpose of Northernising the financial industry, and seizing all the banks from good Southern Ownership and handing them over to corrupt, inept and broke-ass Northern owners at the expense of Ordinary Nigerian Shareholders.

Like I said before, I'm from the Core North!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2011
technically the south had the power for a full term and a half, the power has to go to the north, it just makes sense for that
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Chyz2: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

technically the south had the power for a full term and a half, the power has to go to the north, it just makes sense for that

The decision is made by votes.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
No, until they denounce terrorism. tongue
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by OAM4J: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2011
I doubt anything or anyone can stop it. It is almost certain.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2011
OAM4J:

lollz OAM4J wen we fulfil CIA Prophecy, they will be President of BOKO REPUBLIC. grin grin I can't see other Nigerians wanting a Northern leader right now. undecided
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
And here I was taking what djustice said seriously. Now I find out dude isn't even from the SW, talk less of being a Lagosian. I shoulda known something was screwy when he starting talk sh1t about the Oba of Lagos.

Smh.

Anyway, ideally before 2015 Nigeria is broken up. I don't really want a northerner ruling this country and dragging it back into the stone age.

Everything they touch becomes ruined.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2011
OAM4J:

My thought exactly. Unfortunately.

@Post

"Go".
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by OAM4J: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

lollz OAM4J wen we fulfil CIA Prophecy, they will be President of BOKO REPUBLIC. grin grin   I can't see other Nigerians wanting a Northern leader right now.  undecided

There are many good northerners, let just hope we get one of the good ones.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2011
Chyz*:

The decision is made by votes.

Exactly! By votes.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jason123: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
The MB/NC will determine and I see them licking the Hausa/Fulani's asses again.
All the core north needs to do is to pick a NC guy and voila! You have a united arewa back.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2011
Well David Mark is always an option for them. Besides that chap, they can forget about it and prepare for Boko Republic. shocked grin
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ak47mann(m): 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
We shall see cool cool
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by djustice: 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

And here I was taking what djustice said seriously. Now I find out dude isn't even from the SW, talk less of being a Lagosian. I shoulda known something was screwy when he starting talk sh1t about the Oba of Lagos.

Smh.

Anyway, ideally before 2015 Nigeria is broken up. I don't really want a northerner ruling this country and dragging it back into the stone age.

Everything they touch becomes ruined.

Omo Ekiti, so igba e!! Tan so fun e pe gambari ni mi? Emi ma kan s'efe n'temi ma ni, nigbati gambari ni ohun kii se gambari mo nko, kini k'emi wa so na

I am a thoroughbred Lagosian, on all sides of the parental and grandparental divide. What I said about Kabiyesi, I said with the authority of an insider in the palace, and several other palaces throughout Lagos. On the Fulanis (let's call a spade a spade) never ruling Nigeria directly or indirectly again (Gowon), I have to agree on that. Those guys are the anti-midas, man! When they touch gold, it turns into sawdust!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jason2010(m): 6:05pm On Nov 04, 2011
It should go to the East in 2015, then to the South West in 2019, then to the North in 2023, then back to the SS in 2027. There needs to be only one term. This whole thang needs to rotate, and the Ibo's ought to be next in line. We all know that the system has not been fair to the Ibo since day one
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jason123: 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2011
djustice:

Omo Ekiti, so igba e!! Tan so fun e pe gambari ni mi? Emi ma kan s'efe n'temi ma ni, nigbati gambari ni ohun kii se gambari mo nko, kini k'emi wa so na

I am a thoroughbred Lagosian, on all sides of the parental and grandparental divide. What I said about Kabiyesi, I said with the authority of an insider in the palace, and several other palaces throughout Lagos. On the Fulanis (let's call a spade a spade) never ruling Nigeria directly or indirectly again (Gowon), I have to agree on that. Those guys are the anti-midas, man! When they touch gold, it turns into sawdust!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by fergie321: 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
I think is the turn of an Ibo man. Nigeria state have not been fair to the Ibos. The North are too greedy and desperate for power. Their area in the country is a dessert, they have human or mineral resources.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2011
while you have baby factories, ritualists/cults, drug lords and scammers, speak about denouncing , you better start before ngozi thinks about running which i vey doubt grin

Bliss4Lyfe:

No, until they denounce terrorism.  tongue
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2011
djustice:

Lol. I really struggled with the first line, only could make out bits and pieces.

Anyway, at least we can agree that nothing good can come of the north ruling the country again.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Akanbiedu(m): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2011
I see the oligarchy has succeeded in conditioning your minds. There are good people from every part of Nigeria.

The question is when will power return to Nigerians?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by segunjowo(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
I pray for a total break up.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
Mehn, I will be amongst one of the few confused Nigerians when 2015 comes.

1. I dont not want another OBJ
2. I do not want another Y'ardua
3. I do not want an Arrogant Uche who thinks they can just demand for presidency.
4. I do not want another fisherman

2015 will be the year.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lol. I really struggled with the first line, only could make out bits and pieces.

Anyway, at least we can agree that nothing good can come of the north ruling the country again.

My thought exactly. I really don't know why OAM4J and Co subscribe to this Northern born to rule nonsense. I don't think the southwest would be in this position of marginalisation if the southeast were in power. They need to see the potential friendship in the east and foster that.

If we must go north on southwest wish, so be it but wen we get their, don't cry and point to the Igbo's like u are doin now. We have nothing to lose. We already lost it all.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

My thought exactly. I really don't know why OAM4J and Co subscribe to this Northern born to rule nonsense.
I don't think he wants it. But I think he views it as the most likely outcome.

I don't think the southwest would be in this position of marginalisation if the southeast were in power. They need to see the potential friendship in the east and foster that.
I don't mind making friendships/alliances, but personally I don't see how the SW is being marginalized.

If we must go north on southwest wish, so be it but wen we get their, don't cry and point to the Igbo's like u are doin now. We have nothing to lose. We already lost it all.
Who in the SW actually wants the north to rule again? Yar'Adua happened recently. Dude was absolutely terrible. No sane person would want another northerner in power again. . .
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by OAM4J: 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

My thought exactly. I really don't know why OAM4J and Co subscribe to this Northern born to rule nonsense. I don't think the southwest would be in this position of marginalisation if the southeast were in power. They need to see the potential friendship in the east and foster that.

I am not an advocate of any region, not even SW where I come from. I only want a good leader irrespective of where he or she comes from.

Than said, the reality of zoning which many parties subscribe to makes it obvious that power will be returning to the North in 2015.

I really don't care which zone finally gets it in 2015, but I care so much that by 2015 Nigeria should have a credible visionary leader.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
dont be jealous bro, let us make nigeria work, we dont want a war

ekt_bear:

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Depointer1: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2011
We all know that the Northerners are hungry for power, they can get it as long as they av a better candidate which I think they have but in a wrong party anyway. As for power remaining in South again would mean that the southerns re greedy.

Fasola and Okorocha are both my favorite candidates but they need rest for 4yrs. Lets watch them after their time out of office, lets see if they can still contribute to the affairs of the country without the public money.

Lest Nigeria still remain one, I go for Northern candidacy.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
Jealous of. . . what?

There is nothing to be jealous of, lol. I'm "jealous" of success and places that work, not failure.

And Nigeria with a northern president simply will not work.

History should be enough to teach us that this is pure truth, yes?

So either power remains with the south in 2015 or the country splits apart.

I don't need the gains made since 1999 reversed by another Yar'adua like incompetent at the helm
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by 1025: 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
i am from imo state and as soon as i saw this topic, certain questions came to mind and some of these questions include;

1. if we are considering the north for 2015, why didn't we allow them complete their 8 yr term in 2011?
2. what will be the condition for giving them in 2015? zoning or what?
3. how many terms will they go for this time around? 4 or 8 yrs?
4. will the igbos ever be considered? if yes, when?
5. what happens if the north refuse to let go since we agreed in democracy and death of zoning?
6. are we going to remain under pdp come 2015?

all these and a host of other questions will determine the future of this useless jungle call nigeria.
on my side, it is only God that will punish obasanjo and all those who destroyed the system and deceived all nigerians for selfish interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board / How Ondo APC Primary Was ‘rigged’ To Favour Akeredolu -APC Vice Chair Akinyelure / Chris Ngige: Igbos Held Sensitive Positions But Didn't Use It For Igbo Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.