Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Should Power Return To The North In 2015? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Power Return To The North In 2015? (13341 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC / Why Is There ''south South'' But No '' North North'' In Nigeria? / Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by lagcity(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Worst idea. this will further intensify tribalism in Nigeria.
250+ potential presidents, basically the majority will win.

we're not gonna have 250 political parties, ok. the number of parties should capped at 3 or 4. it is not gonna make tribalism worse than it already is becos no party in their right mind will adopt Yoruba as president and VP. all the parties will struggle to be regarded as the mainstream party.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Torch1(m): 7:31am On Nov 05, 2011
Maximip:

It's sickening that people still think the president must come from a particular region.

That's what got us into this GEJ mess.

In my own opinion, the Northerners and Westerners are the most intelligent people
in this country.
The south-south people, clueless and no sense of direction. very violent
and narrow minded.

That said, I'm ok with a president from any region as long as he can bring the needed change.
i doubt if you really know the meaning of the word "intellegence", and i also doubt if you even know the regions that 've produced the majority of our past leaders. Pls help us educate your intelligent Northerners on importants of vaccine, we need to eradicate polio in that region. Intelligent ko, intelligent ni.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Torch1(m): 7:34am On Nov 05, 2011
Maximip:

It's sickening that people still think the president must come from a particular region.

In my own opinion, the Northerners and Westerners are the most intelligent people
in this country.
The south-south people, clueless and no sense of direction. very violent
and narrow minded.

That said, I'm ok with a president from any region as long as he can bring the needed change.
i doubt if you really know the meaning of the word "intellegence", and i also doubt if you even know the regions that 've produced the majority of our past leaders. Pls help us educate your intelligent Northerners on important of vaccine, we need to eradicate polio in that region. Intelligent ko, intelligent ni. Intelligent pple killing Christians becos they are infidels.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Maximip(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2011
Torch1:

i doubt if you really know the meaning of the word "intellegence", and i also doubt if you even know the regions that 've produced the majority of our past leaders. Pls help us educate your intelligent Northerners on important of vaccine, we need to eradicate polio in that region. Intelligent ko, intelligent ni. Intelligent pple killing Christians becos they are infidels.

The intelligence i'm talking about is if they get educated.

People from the south-south, even after going to school are still not very bright, not all, just more compared to the
north and west.

They were screaming marginalization one time, what are they using all the money for now other than putting it in their
private pockets.

It amazes me that not a single one of them is doing well for their states, even GEJ (for the nation)
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by onchefx: 7:56am On Nov 05, 2011
the two regions to be considers,are middle belt and the east,come 2015 i thing sen.David mark who is from the middle belt stands a better chance,cos he has all it takes to lead Nigeria.if we look at his score card he is qualified for the No.one seat
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by dustydee: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2011
I guess we will have the likes of Sambo and Mark struggling to get the ticket and knowing Nogerians they will still vote for them once they are told they will change form the ways of their predecessor. I hear them saying things like "don't judge me by the actions of my predecessor, this is the era of transformation, I will correct the errors of the past".
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jason2010(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2011
Maximip:

in this country. The south-south people, clueless and no sense of direction. very violent
and narrow minded.

I don't even know if you are worth the response. You come off as childish and condescending as heck. Look no particular tribe is more intelligent that the other in Nigeria, period. All we are saying is that the ones that haven't tasted the power should be allowed to do so in the name of fairness. Going by you line of reasoning (The south-south people, clueless and no sense of direction. very violent and narrow minded), lets brake it down:

Clueless and no sense of direction -- The North has been running Nigeria since Adam, and a South South guy has been there for less than a year. Now going by the state of things in Nigeria, who is clueless here?

Very Violent and narrow minded --- Who are the folks with a one track mind that keeps blowing up innocent people these days in Nigeria, the South South also?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by okosodo: 8:57am On Nov 05, 2011
The problem with northern leaders is that all of them do one thing, they use daft northerners to blindly fill up sensitive positions without brains, then those parastatals will die a natural death.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Yankee01: 9:01am On Nov 05, 2011
@topic
Nba nu!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by emmke(m): 9:05am On Nov 05, 2011
give it to the middle belt. Peace loving, educated and well meaning set of people. Try us and see.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ige101(m): 9:18am On Nov 05, 2011
[color=#990000]simply no,cos dey ave been in power since indepedent.if not that they are selfish this is d only chance given d SS,y wont SS CONTINUE?[/color]
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 9:22am On Nov 05, 2011
no, it is going to the north whether you like or not

we should talk about who is the best candidate out of the north rather than making all these divisive descusions

emmke:

give it to the middle belt. Peace loving, educated and well meaning set of people. Try us and see.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ArQuAbOy(m): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2011
emmke:

everybody zone wants to rule Nigeria, Goodluck
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by badmrkt(m): 9:42am On Nov 05, 2011
isn't this a clear picture of giving a piece meat to a cat to guard?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2011
emmke:

And who from the MB would you suggest? Which governor there is performing that he should be president? Or if not governor, which other politician?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by sheyguy: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2011
jason2010:

I don't even know if you are worth the response. You come off as childish and condescending as heck. Look no particular tribe is more intelligent that the other in Nigeria, period. All we are saying is that the ones that haven't tasted the power should be allowed to do so in the name of fairness. Going by you line of reasoning (The south-south people, clueless and no sense of direction. very violent and narrow minded), lets brake it down:

Clueless and no sense of direction -- The North has been running Nigeria since Adam, and a South South guy has been there for less than a year. Now going by the state of things in Nigeria, who is clueless here?

Very Violent and narrow minded --- Who are the folks with a one track mind that keeps blowing up innocent people these days in Nigeria, the South South also?

Power is not meant to be tasted, that's the mistake easterner made back in 1966 when they attempted to snatch it, (an action that has gotten them into where they are now) all for tasting purpose . . .  Very funny. if we are to go by the regions that re performing when it comes to a state-level assessment then i will give it back to the west in the nearest future.

@second_Highlighted_part: going by the state arrangement where every one (region) has freedom to express themselves, the SEners have not given us a reason to consider them for power. they r still well behind and they look more clueless than most regions. they talk hot but blow cold when it's time for action.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jason2010(m): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2011
sheyguy:

Power is not meant to be tasted, that's the mistake easterner made back in 1966 when they attempted to snatch it, (an action that has gotten them into where they are now) all for tasting purpose . . .  Very funny. if we are to go by the regions that re performing when it comes to a state-level assessment then i will give it back to the west in the nearest future.

@second_Highlighted_part: going by the state arrangement where every one (region) has freedom to express themselves, the SEners have not given us a reason to consider them for power. they r still well behind and they look more clueless than most regions. they talk hot but blow cold when it's time for action.

Since when did an attemp to "secede" become an attemp to[b] "snatch power" [/b]? Read it up. They didn't want to snatch power, they just wanted an independent country of their own.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Torch1(m): 10:07am On Nov 05, 2011
sheyguy:

i know that you hate SEners, but pls explain how we are lagging and how we are clueless more than other region. Igbo-phobians.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jason2010(m): 10:15am On Nov 05, 2011
Torch1:

i know that you hate SEners, but pls explain how we are lagging and how we are clueless more than other region. Igbo-phobians.

Dude forget Sheyguy, he is a stunch Ibo hater. All you gotto do is read his previous posts. Almost all of them is Ibo this Ibo that. Leave that dude alone. He ain't worth your time.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2011
namfav (m)
katsina

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015?
« #49 on: Yesterday at 07:15:25 PM »
you guys can vote anyone but if pdp wins they have to give us a president from the north, that is how the system works, it will be injustice if a northerner does not come out of pdp in 2015

Nigeria can die by 2015, it is for the best. I don't see how a particular group can want to continually over shadow the others in affairs dat concern and affect us all.

Do the so called Northerners expect to rule Nigeria in peace come 2015 after the level of violence inflicted on Nigeria and Nigerians, nationally and internationally becos a Nigerian dat is not a Northerner was elected President.

I don't see a Northerner ruling an existent Nigeria in 2015.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2011
+1

Let us all go our separate ways

It was a bad strange run while it lasted, but all things must come to an end.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by nduchucks: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

+1

Let us all go our separate ways

It was a bad strange run while it lasted, but all things must come to an end.

Your superiors who run the state governments of your region are free to declare that they've formed their own country at any time.  What's the hold up? Don't you have your own brave men like the great Ojukwu to lead you into this state of separation?

Perhaps most of you people calling for separation don't even live here. Your superiors and the masses in your region do not share your views. You people appear to be elitists tucked away in diaspora who suffer from a sad disconnect with your own people. You separatists sound like a loser husband who calls for immediate divorce because he is too lazy to solve the problems of his family and because of the difficulty the problem resolution entails. Separate ko, severance ni.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 11:02am On Nov 05, 2011
just becaus you want to blame the north for everything does not mean what you are saying is the truth, you are off the mark here, the most corrupt states in nigeria are in the east, are you giong to blame the north for that? what over shadows you is your self not the north you are talking as if nigeria will be some paradise without the north, you are safetly in england, you dont care about the struggle of nigeria today or in the future, you guys keep talking about biafra, if so then dont you determine who should lead nigeria, we want peace its clear from your blame game that you are itching for some war

Bliss4Lyfe:

Nigeria can die by 2015, it is for the best. I don't see how a particular group can want to continually over shadow the others in affairs dat concern and affect us all.

Do the so called Northerners expect to rule Nigeria in peace come 2015 after the level of violence inflicted on Nigeria and Nigerians, nationally and internationally becos a Nigerian dat is not a Northerner was elected President.

I don't see a Northerner ruling an existent Nigeria in 2015.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by sheyguy: 11:08am On Nov 05, 2011
jason2010:

Dude forget Sheyguy, he is a stunch Ibo hater. All you gotto do is read his previous posts. Almost all of them is Ibo this Ibo that. Leave that dude alone. He ain't worth your time.

when i say they r still well behind i mean "political cohesion" or their "unity-as-one-political-unit" plus they look clueless does not equal clueless except u confirming it for me.
U guys can read my posts from A - Z i know exactly what i am saying when i hit the keyboard.
4 the records, though u may find hard to believe, i am no "staunch igbo hater". i am only being objective here.

jason2010:

Since when did an attemp to "secede" become an attemp to[b] "snatch power" [/b]? Read it up. They didn't want to snatch power, they just wanted an independent country of their own.
they wanted to secede so they killed the other top ranking officers from other major tribe i already know how the average ibo works, since when did bloody coup = secession . . . keep trying to twist English/history, u hear? standard ibo genius.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aljharem3: 11:42am On Nov 05, 2011
namfav:

just becaus you want to blame the north for everything does not mean what you are saying is the truth, you are off the mark here, the most corrupt states in nigeria are in the east, are you giong to blame the north for that? what over shadows you is your self not the north you are talking as if nigeria will be some paradise without the north, you are safetly in england, you dont care about the struggle of nigeria today or in the future, you guys keep talking about biafra, if so then dont you determine who should lead nigeria, we want peace its clear from your blame game that you are itching for some war

Na gode. well said
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2011
what over shadows you is your self not the north you are talking as if nigeria will be some paradise without the north, you are safetly in england, you dont care about the struggle of nigeria today or in the future,

Very good, we are now choosing to drop the excess northern baggage to focus on our internal issues. So, go and have your boko republic in the north and let us face ourself on the south. A northerner as things stand will not be allowed to rule Nigeria in peace come 2015, dat is certain, as u make your bed so shall u lay in it.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aljharem3: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Very good, we are now choosing to drop the excess northern baggage to focus on our internal issues. So, go and have your boko republic in the north and let us face ourself on the south. A northerner as things stand will not be allowed to rule Nigeria in peace come 2015, dat is certain, as u make your bed so shall u lay in it.

babe what is wrong with you sef. It is like you just hate northerner for no reason.

why can't a northerner rule again ?

Why not look at merit and honesty instead of ethnicity and zones.

Moreover bliss4lfe I still want to meet you o
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Mrfemi1: 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2011
Quick question, will nigeria develop quiker as a nation or when she's broken down in component parts into Oodua republc, Arewa ,Biafra and others?? That will determine my tendency.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
baggage, what baggage? dont you carry your own baggage also? what kind of state do you think that a easterner will rule for nigeria? i thought you wanted  biafra just show consistency because your agenda is very clear you hate nigeria, from the start, by the way do you want a war to get your way? what peace are you talking about if you are not allowing it, you are just a mercenary or a very  little girl who is out touch with reality

Bliss4Lyfe:

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Maximip(m): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2011
jason2010:

You sound like you're from the south-south, so I understand why you think I'm childish, but lets be honest with ourselves. I've lived in the south-south and the whole place is a mess despite all the money being pumped into the region.

We really don't need him to use 4 years before we know he is leading the country nowhere. What is his track record? he has been
in some form of leadership or the other since 1999. IMO, he has no plan. NO stand on any issue. Everybody
knows this that's why terrorists groups are springing out from everywhere.

Bliss4Lyfe:

You'll be surprised that GEJ trying to go for a second term after his terrible 4 years performance is what will throw peace out of
the window.

Mr femi:

Quick question, will nigeria develop quiker as a nation or when she's broken down in component parts into Oodua republc, Arewa ,Biafra and others?? That will determine my tendency.

With good leaders, Nigeria can still stay together. If we must split, it is better divided based on religion instead of tribe.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Mrfemi1: 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2011
@Maximip: thanks 4 d reply but I actually never looked @ thiings from that perspective, I'm a yoruba christian and I love my yoruba muslim people with a passion so your theory won't work in the southwest. In between your the first person to reply a question from me on this forum. I'm a new member, thanks!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
namfav:

baggage, what baggage? dont you carry your own baggage also? what kind of state do you think that a easterner will rule for nigeria? i thought you wanted  biafra just show consistency because your agenda is very clear you hate nigeria, from the start, by the way do you want a war to get your way? what peace are you talking about if you are not allowing it, you are just a mercenary or a very  little girl who is out touch with reality

I am stating fact and u are acting up. We are tired of terrorism and being killed. 2015 America will be at hand to correct this mess created by Britain. We no do again, na by force?

alj_harem:

babe what is wrong with you sef. It is like you just hate northerner for no reason.

why can't a northerner rule again ?

Why not look at merit and honesty instead of ethnicity and zones.

Moreover bliss4lfe I still want to meet you o

Mr Harem, u loss your babe.  grin grin Nobody hate the Northerner, just want a better Nigeria for all Nigerians not just the North. If they care about Nigeria den power should be allowed to rotate and return to the North in due time fairly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments / Video Of Okorocha Explaining The Misunderstood Statues (Throwback) / Court Ruling On IPOB As Terrorist Group Denigration Of Judiciary - Ohaneze Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.