Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Should Power Return To The North In 2015? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Power Return To The North In 2015? (13344 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC / Why Is There ''south South'' But No '' North North'' In Nigeria? / Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by dinggle: 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2011
GEJ is a mess, complete disappointment to the South-south and a strangler of the poor masses GEJ is the major reason why power should return to the North, we need a stubborn islamic leader who sees IMF as infidel and the anti-christ. Who sees corruption as haram, I don't care if Nigeria is turned into an Islamic country as long as the economic suffering ends! After all Nigerians are looking for visas to Islamic countries (Saudi, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain). The only catch is that it MUST not return to PDP.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by emiye(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2011
Time will tell, Power must return to a competent hand is the paramaount crux of the matter.

If the competent hand is from any of these (Igalla, Kanuri, Igbo, nupe, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Ibibio, Ijaw.), i am okay!!!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by samdigo(m): 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
it is backward mentality like yours that keeps Nigeria, and the rest of africa in the dark ages. always drawing lines where it is not needed, in order for the country to grow, things like south east and all that bogus shouldnt matter, we simply want a good leader,
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ypad: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2011
Let Nigerians decide by voting.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by mail4gift2(m): 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2011
dinggle:

GEJ is a mess, complete disappointment to the South-south and a strangler of the poor masses GEJ is the major reason why power should return to the North, we need a stubborn islamic leader who sees IMF as infidel and the anti-christ. Who sees corruption as haram, I don't care if Nigeria is turned into an Islamic country as long as the economic suffering ends! After all Nigerians are looking for visas to Islamic countries (Saudi, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain). The only catch is that it MUST not return to PDP.

My brother, i care very very much, you think Islamic countries are better than Christian Countries? and what will you guys do to the Christians who refuse to convert to Islam? chop off their head?

Instead of Nigeria to be an Islamic country, you guys in the north can just go your own ways and let us Christians go our own way abeg.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2011
WOW, what kind of question is this? i guess our votes dont matter then, maybe jonah didnt win the election afterall, the power just go round, how the top bloggers wish? damn naija is indeed a failure shocked
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2011
Macavelius:

there will be no break up
it doesn't matter which region gets the presidency so long the 'right person with an ounce of brain' is elected
If we keep having the right people from a particular region,won't the minorities feel marginalized ? Will ibos feel good if they can't produce the presidency just because we want to follow your opinion sir ?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by stagger: 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
I say we drive them into the desert where they belong. Then we would also have solved the Boko Haram issue once and for all.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jason2010(m): 11:30pm On Nov 04, 2011
samdigo:

it is backward mentality like yours that keeps Nigeria, and the rest of africa in the dark ages. always drawing lines where it is not needed,  in order for the country to grow, things like south east and all that bogus shouldnt matter,  we simply want a good leader,

Ok, I need you to feel me a bit on this. The Ibos haven't ruled Nigeria for once, the Ibos are the only geo political zone with 5 states while others have 6, and you think that it is alright for us to just remain happy with the status quo. I say we should disintegrate the goddamn thing called Nigeria. Then if not, an Ibo man should be president for once. I think that it is only fair. Last I checked, (as of 2010) we make up more than 20 percent of the population of 9ja. Any clear thinking person can comprehend that the Ibo have been marginalised enough. This ain't no backward mentality, it is actually a progressive mentality IMO
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by auwal87(m): 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2011
Answer

A. If election will hold in 2015, then most likely someone from the South will win, because most people from the North are not willing to participate in any election again, because they feel the 2011 election was technically flawed.

B. If election will not hold in 2015, then North might seize power through military coup
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by auwal87(m): 11:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
That is why I always stand for separation of Nigeria, because there is no sight to the end of this, only getting worse every day.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by realchange: 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2011
auwal87:

Answer

A. If election will hold in 2015, then most likely someone from the South will win, because most people from the North are not willing to participate in any election again, because they feel the 2011 election was technically flawed.

B. If election will not hold in 2015, then North might seize power through military coup

i've often wondered, why has the north maintain dominance over the foot soldiers in nigerian army?
i don't understand that at all.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by eddydey(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
Whether u guys like it or not 2015 is stamped and sealed for igbo to rule this country.and when i say igbo i mean a real igbo man with igbo blood running in his/her vein,not somebody with igbo nick name.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by redsun(m): 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
Power belongs to rational people.And nigeria is still very short of dem.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by auwal87(m): 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2011
This is clear and true

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by graluxxy054(f): 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
Who write ds tin? Make d person take time before i pour am my own acid
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by redsun(m): 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2011
Power does not belong to thieves like it is in nigeria.Thieves belong in jail and it is time the people rise up and put them in jail.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
eddydey!:

Whether u guys like it or not 2015 is stamped and sealed for igbo to rule this country.and when i say igbo i mean a real igbo man with igbo blood running in his/her vein,not[b] somebody with igbo nick name.
[/b]
You mean like OBJ and NNAMDI sambo ?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Reggie2(m): 12:11am On Nov 05, 2011
I have an impression that many Nigerians are either ignorant of the underlying factors in Nigerian politics or are out-rightly begging the question. Someone earlier asked in this trend where power actually lies?. In my humble opinion, political power has not left the north since Biafra. Obj. with his post war political experience was just able to perform some fit while maintaining a corrupt system that kept the north in check. I doubt if they really like him over there. The north are still occupying key positions - they are everywhere - whether qualified or not! Yes JEG is occupying the presidency but is he ruling? He is paying a heavy price to keep Nigeria one and united. This is why a section of NL consider him RITARDEEN. He cannot descend on BOKO HARAM without ugly consequences. He seems to be weak regarding the middle belt crises. He had no idea that his boss was dead while his boss's wife & co  wanted to rule Nigeria with impunity. A typical proud igbo woman boldly cried out not minding the consequences; she paid a high price but I consider DORA a winner any day.

Our overall blindness for who ever is in power (because he comes from my tribe) is the bane of the country. North African type of revolution can never happen in Nigeria because of tribal allegiance.

No one cares about what their representatives are doing in the House. We are just content with allocation of zone's seats. I hear that they have time to talk about prostitution and gay matters; do these issues top our priority? I think not.

Biggest atrocities are committed at the local government level - God knows what they do there? In Europe the local government is most felt in their functions to the citizenry.

I hear people talk about the Pdp as if any meaningful political party exist in Nigeria.

Let us be realistic. Our problem is not zoning but accountability. I must however feel bold to say that if I were JEG ( I consider him weak) I will start resolving key issues which are being blocked by the north; e.g, population issues, ID cards, making people accountable to duties assigned to them, tacking corruption etc. People have given him a mandate and he has no reason not to perform. A man dies but once. The people's mandate are his shields. I hope this message gets to him
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by onome25(m): 12:18am On Nov 05, 2011
USELESS TOPIC!!!
North my ass. i just feel for the middle belt & i pray God opens thier eyes to see the wickedness of the core north.
i.am frm SOUTH - SOUTH & i believed that the SOUTH-EAST should produce a president come 2015 for equity & justice thanks
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 05, 2011
If power returns to the North , we might as well go and live in Somalia grin
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aljharem3: 12:30am On Nov 05, 2011
I dey laff o

One question I want to ask

ARE WE VOTING BASED ON ZONES AND SENTIMENT OR MERIT AND HONESTY ?

IF IT IS BASED ON ZONES AND SENTIMENT THEN I AM AFRAID NIGERIA WOULD NEVER BE GREAT BASED ON THIS.

2015 be it Ijaw, berom, manga, jukun, zuru, Itsekiri, edo, idoma, etc and he is honest then he has my vote regardless of his ethnic group

Right now as things look it is between Fashola, Sanusi in IMO

I don't really see any other candidate close to this 2.

Now Nigerian Please do not vote based on ethnic groups but based on merit if u want your lifes and your children lifes to be better than what you see today.

STOP THINKING LIKE IDEEIOTS FOR ONCE.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 12:30am On Nov 05, 2011
frosbel:

If power returns to the North , we might as well go and live in Somalia  grin

Pretty much. The chances of a northern dude producing a half-way decent country are zilch.

All I want is a country with some measure of hope for the future.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by mechris: 12:37am On Nov 05, 2011
Where else would it return to?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 05, 2011
For peace in Nigeria, the power should go back to the north. If not, these abokis will continue to take innocent lives. Might get worse in 2015 if they dont get the presidency back. So, for stability, it is alright if it goes to the north as long as the power is going into the hands of a credible person
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jamace(m): 4:15am On Nov 05, 2011
Power has travelled and may not return again to the North. In fact, I see power giving birth to more countries out of the present Naija before then.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by akwaowoudo(m): 4:17am On Nov 05, 2011
What a funny country!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 4:38am On Nov 05, 2011
The main issue facing Nigeria in the year 2015 is really whether Nigeria will remain one or not. The more people talk about the North taking over, the more others are convinced about secession. The country is at a critical stage and I don't see how a Northern president can fix it. Most reasonable people would agree that the North did not give a good account of leadership from 1970 to 1999.

Even the short Yar adua period was marked by reversals of good policies put in place by Obasanjo. It seems like Nigeria's progress is opposite Northern interest.
Some of us are already well convinced that the only reasonable way forward for everybody is total disintegration of Nigeria so that different peoples of Nigeria can produce their kind of president, or the type of future they desire.

There are irreconcilable differences in interests in Nigeria.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 4:52am On Nov 05, 2011
I don't like Prof Tam David West, in fact I think he is a wasted genius. He is an intelligent man who failed to rise above hate of neighbor when it mattered most. Nevertheless I would share his views on Nigeria.
Here is what Prof Tam David West said about Nigeria in 2004; it is still very relevant today:

What workable system do you recommend for Nigeria in order to move forward?

DAVID-WEST: Let me say the unsayable. I advocate a confederation. I stick out my neck to say this. I have written about it; a confederation. Detractors of the system might complain that this is akin to The Satanic Verses. That is their business.

So, to go back to your recommendation of a confederation, sir…

DAVID-WEST: Why do I say we should adopt a confederation? In a true federation, the centre cannot be so powerful as to dictate to the federating units. What we have is not a federation. It is a monocracy, wearing the veneer of federalism. When Obasanjo can, like a schoolmaster, ask a state governor to do this or I’ll deal with you, to the extent of even sending soldiers to a party chairman to force him to resign, then it’s time to rethink our sad situation. Since we are unable to practice true federalism, we must then go confederate.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/achebe-foundation/the-foundation-interviews-7-professor-tam-david-west.html
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Gbenge77(m): 5:21am On Nov 05, 2011
Dont really care,it could go anywhere as lnng as the individual genuinely cares about Nigeria
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Torch1(m): 6:45am On Nov 05, 2011
nwanna89:

For peace in Nigeria, the power should go back to the north. If not, these abokis will continue to take innocent lives. Might get worse in 2015 if they dont get the presidency back. So, for stability, it is alright if it goes to the north as long as the power is going into the hands of a credible person
Enyia kuchie onu gi ebe a. You think it is only those Jihadists that knows how to handle weapon, i dey pity those Christians in the North especially Jos if a core Northerner become a president in 2015.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Maximip(m): 7:05am On Nov 05, 2011
It's sickening that people still think the president must come from a particular region.

That's what got us into this GEJ mess.

In my own opinion, the Northerners and Westerners are the most intelligent people
in this country. The south-south people, clueless and no sense of direction. very violent
and narrow minded.

That said, I'm ok with a president from any region as long as he can bring the needed change.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Or Jonathan?: Let’s Do Some Mathematics By Dele Momodu / 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency / Video Of Okorocha Explaining The Misunderstood Statues (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.