Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (210741 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by chuksmoney: 12:30am On Apr 10, 2015
Hello Siena
I need information on the price of windscreen for a 2007 Jetta.
Thanks for your guidance.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by hoodboy(m): 1:17am On Apr 10, 2015
chuksmoney:
Hello Siena
I need information on the price of windscreen for a 2007 Jetta.
Thanks for your guidance.
I just changed my passat 2008 windscreen for 15k including workmanship and gum
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by chuksmoney: 5:54am On Apr 10, 2015
hoodboy:
I just changed my passat 2008 windscreen for 15k including workmanship and gum
My brother how do I get in touch with you or your mechanic? Many thanks.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by hoodboy(m): 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
chuksmoney:

My brother how do I get in touch with you or your mechanic? Many thanks.
He is in surulere, he's also on Nairaland sylva 07051348099

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by chuksmoney: 4:33am On Apr 11, 2015
hoodboy:
He is in surulere, he's also on Nairaland sylva 07051348099
Many thanks my brother
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kc007(m): 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
Good day all.
Audi A4, 2001 year model, 1.8t, auto transmission with mileage of over 190000.
My present experience: I use recommended engine oil grade of 0W 40 from forte oils. I notice significant oil shortage without external leaks, though there'rr oil stains around the engine body. The engine does not smoke either.
The last engine oil change I did has covered about 3000 miles, within this period I've topped the oil with almost 3 litres.
Please Is this normal, or should I switch to conventional oil or could it be from the product?
Suggestions please!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by redcliff: 10:09pm On May 04, 2015
Dear siena,
The car i got earlier this year from europe i really dont understand what is wrong with it. The transmission light on the dashboard lit up and sometimes the car fails to enter reverse.. it was taken to be scanned and the mechanic said its the transmission range sensor and its inbuilt and therefore the whole transmission needs to be changed. Its a 2002 audi a4 1.8l turbo engine auto tranny. What do you suggest based on your experience. Regards..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Durchmann(m): 11:52pm On May 22, 2015
Hello Siena,

Going through this thread, I couldn't help but recognize the vast knowledge you've got on the Volkswagen Group.

I'd like to ask your opinion on the Touareg. I plan to get one soon. However, I don't have any one around me with some experience on this ride.

Could you please advise a brother on the pros and cons of this vehicle as well as tips, tricks and issues to look out for?

Also, any additional information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Bro. Keep up the good work.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by olusmarth(m): 7:55am On Jun 29, 2015
golf
1.6 v4
5speed gear
us
permanent awd
Good morning Sir . i just purchased my golf 4 in january dis year first problem
d AC works frm sango to oshodi nd start blowing hot...i took it to ac msn nd he daid is d thermostart i did it nd d problem still persist till date....
just dis last week d car stoped at abule egba nd refuses to start ....d car start nd goes off wen its abt picking up...i callrd a rewire to check he said he will need to scan afta wich he said d ecu is faulty dat it needs replacement (brainbox) pls i really need ur help on dis , cld a new car has ecu problems ? d ac is still nt working since den....pls wot cld b d final solution to d two problem stated above cos it has nt been fixed since den....my digit are 08073803562 08141328392...hope to read frm u soon
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by olusmarth(m): 7:59am On Jun 29, 2015
Siena:

I'll try obtaining a copy of the Volkswagen Vento Owner's Manual in English.

The issues with your horn, hazard and indicators, would suggest a fault within the steering column / combination switch. I believe your hazard switch is on top of the steering column. And your tail lamps are stuck "on." Possible scenarios:

a) Faulty combination switch.
b) Missing earth connection.

Could you also confirm if the wipers and heater blower (interior fan) work?

If the switch is missing an earth, the horn definitely won't work. Unlike the rest of the car's electrical systems that have a permanent earth, and require a switched live (+12V) to activate them, the horn is the reverse. So the horn has +12V permanent supply, as long as the ignition is switched on. The horn contact switch in the middle of the steering wheel is an earth (-12V) trigger. No earth - no horn. The hazard lamps also need the same earth to work. If the central hazard switch is open circuit, the individual indicators won't work either.

Your rear lamps stuck on - are you sure it's not the brake lights? usually if your tail lamps are on, your front sidelamps will be on too. The brake lamps on Volkswagen and Audi have a permanent +12V feed to the switch, so don't rely on the ignition being one to work.

Please confirm the brake lamps still work, and we'll take things from there.
pls do send me ur digit 08141328392 08073803562 i need u very urgent pls sir
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
olusmarth:
pls do send me ur digit 08141328392 08073803562 i need u very urgent pls sir

Please contact me via the Audi World Whatsapp group. I've added you.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
Durchmann:
Hello Siena,

Going through this thread, I couldn't help but recognize the vast knowledge you've got on the Volkswagen Group.

I'd like to ask your opinion on the Touareg. I plan to get one soon. However, I don't have any one around me with some experience on this ride.

Could you please advise a brother on the pros and cons of this vehicle as well as tips, tricks and issues to look out for?

Also, any additional information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Bro. Keep up the good work.

Thanks bro. Please let me have your number.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Durchmann(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Siena:

OK Bro..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by jazzyv13(f): 12:10am On Jul 02, 2015
[b][/b] 2000 Audi A4 Quattro, Manual Transmission

Just replaced passenger CV Axle, which keeps "popping out" (like the axle spins upon release of the cluth, but doesnt engadge @ the wheel)...any suggestions? This is a new part & we've removed & installed it numerous times each doing the as described above...

After the last try, come to find out, tranny is bone dry, for gear oil...add gear oil, only for it to leak right out where the CV axle connects to the tranny!...what is this seal called & what is the procedure for replacement??
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by icon2: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2015
Please does anyone know any certified volkswagen passat mechanic workshop in Port harcourt, capable of handling all issues with all volkswagen passat models and engines from 2005 and above? Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by email1(m): 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello good people. I have just joined the Audi crew. (Siena, pls add me up to the group. 07032732334) I have an Audi A3 1997 model. It didn't come with the owner's manual as its a Nigerian use. Please use your good office to write down the recommended oil. Plus is Mobil 1 a good oil for it to? (Engine has been changed by original owner.)

Any recommended Audi mechanic in Abuja? Help please!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
email1:
Hello good people. I have just joined the Audi crew. (Siena, pls add me up to the group. 07032732334) I have an Audi A3 1997 model. It didn't come with the owner's manual as its a Nigerian use. Please use your good office to write down the recommended oil. Plus is Mobil 1 a good oil for it to? (Engine has been changed by original owner.)

Any recommended Audi mechanic in Abuja? Help please!

I've added you to the group. Welcome aboard!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by email1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
Siena:

I've added you to the group. Welcome aboard!

Yipee! Thanks Siena. My younger bro told me about this tread. How about the recommended oil,please?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Durchmann(m): 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
Siena:

Sienna, here's my number as well. 07064426462
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Gbengaodutona: 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
What are the maintainance tips that i need for my tokunbo golf 3,2.0 engine,manual transmissions,5 peer, injector ,with back axle,1997 model
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by redcliff: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
pierrenwob:

Hello Siena,

Thank you so much for the taking out time to give a detailed feedback. I have scanned the car and below are the error codes:

1. 17090 p0706 035 multifunction f125 switch implausible signal sporadic.
2. p1623 can bus no communication sporadic.

My Mechanic has advised that I need to change the Multi-function Switch/ Transmission Control Unit, which according to him, is 'one component' (together)[Part Number: 01J927156CJ ] in 2001 to 2005 Audi A6, Europe. According to him at the Company (VW Nigeria) in Lagos it goes for about 348,000 naira.

What is your take on the error codes and Is it advisable to buy a second hand TCU off an Audi Spare Parts dealer. I spoke with one over the phone who requested for the parts number, I sent the parts number to him and he called me back later in the day to say that he could get me one for less than 80,000 naira.

I await your most valued professional advise.

Best Regards

Did you finally get this fixed?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by billionjoys: 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by fashrules: 6:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
I am about to buy a VW Passat 2003 2.0L. It is a registered car actually, but in good and buy & drive state. It would be my first car.

I have been reading some reviews and I've noticed the high maintenance costs and low fuel economy ratings. I would like to know if I am making a right decision of choice of car, my people no go spare me if the car come they give us headaches. I would also want to know if the cost of maintenance is quite affordable and other info in between.

I really need you quick advice, @Siena and other gurus in here.

God bless you.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by lasrondo: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hi there, please i have a vw passat 2002 model(b5.5) (automatic transmission) that sometimes finds it difficult to move on a normal throttle press when put in D. i would would need to press the throttle pedal to the maximum before it moves. Although sometime it moves like the best car in the world. I have tried changing the transmission fluid but it still the same result. PLEASE KINDLY ADVICE
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by chicargo(m): 8:37am On Sep 02, 2015
Good morning.

I bought a fairly used Audi A4 quattro and the gear isn't working properly. It does not engage gear 1&2 but only starts with gear 3&4. It also does not display on the screen in the dashboard. If you engage the reverse gear, it jerks the moment it wants to engage.
I have taken it time some mechanic workshops and some say the gearbox needs to be replaced, others say it is the brainbox that is bad.
Can you advice me please.

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by BRATON: 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Sienna,
I have a 2005 New Jetta. I want to make a spare key for it. I already have the remote key fob, but needs to cut and programme it. Please kindly offer assistance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.