Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (15336 Views)

What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices / Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
davidylan:

this would have been laughable if it wasnt quite silly. How does the quran judge history? shocked grin Are you serious? cheesy So we should all throw out our history books in favor of the quran?

after you bible calls the king of egypt in the time of Joseph son of Jacob with the title of "pharoah",you'd definitely wish to throw your so called history books.the Quran rightly refers to him as "king of egypt" and not "pharoah of egypt".these are all signs of divinity.

Bro stop this nonsense. grin This are YOUR OWN WORDS - after so many arguments on this issue and being humbled,you are still raising it?

Zhul-Qarnain is more likely to be Alexander the Great.

WHICH IS IT? Is this figure Alexander the great or not? When you were making the above hypothesis, did you consider the quran was written in arabic only? Is the english interpretation of Zhul Qarnian = alexander? How did you make the above deduction and based on exactly WHAT FACTS?

On exactly WHICH FACTS do they base this claim and why are uplawal and bashydemy on the opposite side of you in this debate?

Mr. Man,

the credibility of the Quran weighs far ahead of your doubt or anyone's whether or not Zhul-Qarnain is Alexander or not.

there was the same confusion about the city called "Iram" which is mentioned in the Quran and described as the "city of pillars".many mocked and laughed and said Muhammad (sa) was hallucinating.but what happened?Muhammad's (sa) knowledge of the unseen which is from a divine source proved him right when a stunning discovery was made not too long ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iram_of_the_Pillars#Evidence_for_Iram

so because you do not have evidence for a claim you yourself cannot disprove does not make it null or void except if you want to make use of the attitude prevalent in atheism which denies God's existence when they themselves have not disproved it but only argue based on impossible and fictional possibilities of the universe existing without a Creator,

there is absolutely no obstacle in accepting that Zhul-Qarnain is Alexander the great.and i can put forth evidence to back it up and prove the descriptions of the Quran about the personality of Zhul-Qarnain which matches Alexander's.to us we know Zhul-Qarnain who was a believer.just like we know Isa (as) who was a man and a prophet who you believe to be a "god"!

unfortunately,Uplawal and Bashy have denied it based on innocence and using the common knowledge in existence among disbelievers like yourself that calls Alexander different names like man-lover and pagan.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2011
LagosShia:

after you bible calls the king of egypt in the time of Joseph son of Jacob with the title of "pharoah",you'd definitely wish to throw your so called history books.the Quran rightly refers to him as "king of egypt" and not "pharoah of egypt".these are all signs of divinity.

Puerile and false nonsense. The title pharaoh was used (became prominent during the 18th dynasty) quite clearly in history to depict Egyptian rulers. The title "king of egypt" is nonsensical as it is practically meaningless . . . any ruler can be refered to as a "king" of whatever kingdom he or she rules. Indeed Quran 89:10 uses the title "pharaoh"!

LagosShia:

Mr. Man,

the credibility of the Quran weighs far ahead of your doubt or anyone's whether or not Zhul-Qarnain is Alexander or not.

Actually it is. the ONLY REASON you say this is because once again the quran is caught trying to force-fit another of its inventions on history. If indeed the quran had been accurate on who zhul qarnian was, muslims would never let us rest.

LagosShia:

there was the same confusion about the city called "Iram" which is mentioned in the Quran and described as the "city of pillars".many mocked and laughed and said Muhammad (sa) was hallucinating.but what happened?Muhammad's (sa) knowledge of the unseen which is from a divine source proved him right when a stunning discovery was made not too long ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iram_of_the_Pillars#Evidence_for_Iram

Huh? grin Did you do a background check on this obviously bogus claim? Perhaps you should, it simply protrays muslims as being so desperate to prove islam is historically correct that they will latch unto any form of myth. The national geographic article that is cited as the SOLE EVIDENCE for this (there is NO INDEPENDENT SCIENTIFIC PROOF) mentions nothing about a city of pillars. Actually the only "proof" for this claim is that certain "scientists" discovered the name "Iram" in some library somewhere . . . really? No artifacts, no historical record of an entire city disappearing in sand? grin

LagosShia:

so because you do not have evidence for a claim you yourself cannot disprove does not make it null or void except if you want to make use of the attitude prevalent in atheism which denies God's existence when they themselves have not disproved it but only argue based on impossible and fictional possibilities of the universe existing without a Creator,

this is quite daft. We have concrete proof of who alexander the great was. Islam is the religion struggling too hard to force a mythical fellow in the quran into his mould. The burden of proof is on you.

LagosShia:

there is absolutely no obstacle in accepting that Zhul-Qarnain is Alexander the great.and i can put forth evidence to back it up and prove the descriptions of the Quran about the personality of Zhul-Qarnain which matches Alexander's.to us we know Zhul-Qarnain who was a believer.just like we know Isa (as) who was a man and a prophet who you believe to be a "god"!

and where is this evidence? why cant you provide it? Your evidence is that "he was a believer"? Alexander the great was certainly no believer of anything my friend. Better to stop lying like a disgraceful demon.

LagosShia:

unfortunately,Uplawal and Bashy have denied it based on innocence and using the common knowledge in existence among disbelievers like yourself that calls Alexander different names like man-lover and pagan.

perhaps they are not ready to lie for the quran unlike you.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2011
davidylan:

Puerile and false nonsense. The title pharaoh was used (became prominent during the 18th dynasty) quite clearly in history to depict Egyptian rulers. The title "king of egypt" is nonsensical as it is practically meaningless . . . any ruler can be refered to as a "king" of whatever kingdom he or she rules. Indeed Quran 89:10 uses the title "pharaoh"!
As at the time of Joseph the title “pharaoh” was not in use as the pharaoh dynasty was not in place in Egypt.egypt then had kings and not “pharaohs”.any ruler can be refered to as king and that supposition is okay with me.but not any ruler can be refered to as “pharaoh” as the bible used the title of “pharaoh” to give to someone who had not possess it mistaking all Egyptian rulers to be “pharaohs”.

Actually it is. the ONLY REASON you say this is because once again the quran is caught trying to force-fit another of its inventions on history. If indeed the quran had been accurate on who zhul qarnian was, muslims would never let us rest.
So according to you Zhul-Qarnain is a ficticious character? Just incase you’re illiterate,the term “Zhul-Qarnain” is not a name.it is a title referring to someone.”Zhul-Qarnain” means “the possessor of two horns”.[/b]if it were a name unrecognizable anywhere,then you have the right to make an issue out of it.but that is not the case.
Well, if the Quran is made-man and fake as you want us to believe,and Zhul-Qarnain is a fictitious title,Muhammad (sa) would have made sure all his characters/titles were real and not from fiction as you dream.

It is however without the shadow of doubt that Zhul-Qarnain was a recognizable personality as at the time of Muhammad (sa).infact as the Quran records,it was the jews who came to Muhammad (sa) to ask of Zhul-Qarnain. Muhammad (sa) did not just wake up one morning and started to narrate about Zhul-Qarnain.people at the time of Muhammad (sa) and in this case the jews asked him about who Zhul-Qarnain was:

[b] “They ask thee concerning Zul-qarnain Say, "I will rehearse to you something of his story."
(Holy Quran 18:83)

And here is what we know from history:

According to Tafsir ibn Kathir by Ibn Kathir, a widely used 14th-century commentary on the Qur'an:
The Quraysh sent An-Nadr bin Al-Harith and `Uqbah bin Abi Mu`it to the rabbis in Al-Madinah, and told them: `Ask them (the rabbis) about Muhammad, and describe him to them, and tell them what he is saying. They are the people of the first Book, and they have more knowledge of the Prophets than we do.' So they set out and when they reached Al-Madinah, they asked the rabbis about the Messenger of Allah. They described him to them and told them some of what he had said. They said, `You are the people of the Tawrah and we have come to you so that you can tell us about this companion of ours.' They (the rabbis) said, `Ask him about three things which we will tell you to ask, and if he answers them then he is a Prophet who has been sent (by Allah); if he does not, then he is saying things that are not true, in which case how you will deal with him will be up to you. Ask him about some young men in ancient times, what was their story for theirs is a strange and wondrous tale. Ask him about a man who travelled a great deal and reached the east and the west of the earth. What was his story And ask him about the Ruh (soul or spirit) – what is it If he tells you about these things, then he is a Prophet, so follow him, but if he does not tell you, then he is a man who is making things up, so deal with him as you see fit.

According to Maududi's conservative 20th century commentary:
This Surah was sent down in answer to the three questions which the mushriks of Makkah, in consultation with the people of the Book, had put to the Holy Prophet in order to test him. These were: (1) Who were "the Sleepers of the Cave"? (2) What is the real story of Khidr? and (3) What do you know about Dhul-Qarnain? As these three questions and the stories involved concerned the history of the Christians and the Jews, and were unknown in Hijaz, a choice of these was made to test whether the Holy Prophet possessed any source of the knowledge of the hidden and unseen things. Allah, however, not only gave a complete answer to their questions but also employed the three stories to the disadvantage of the opponents of Islam in the conflict that was going on at that time at Makkah between Islam and un-belief.

NOW FOR US TO KNOW WHO THE JEWS USED THE TITLE OF “ZHUL-QARNAIN” FOR WE MUST CHECK THE SCRIPTURES OF THE JEWS AND HERE IS WHAT WE FIND:

The Book of Daniel Chapter 8 says:
"2 In the vision I was looking and saw myself in Susa the capital, in the province of Elam, and I was by the river Ulai. 3 I looked up and saw a ram standing beside the river. It had two horns. [b]Both horns [/b]were long, but one was longer than the other, and the longer one came up second. 4 I saw the ram charging westward and northward and southward. All beasts were powerless to withstand it, and no one could rescue from its power; it did as it pleased and became strong. 5 As I was watching, a male goat appeared from the west, coming across the face of the whole earth without touching the ground. The goat had a horn between its eyes. 6 It came toward the ram with the two horns that I had seen standing beside the river, and it ran at it with savage force."

The New Revised Standard Version of the Bible gives the following interpretation from Gabriel: "As for the ram that you saw with the two horns, these are the kings of Media and Persia."

Based on this we can we confident to say that the title of “Zhul-Qarnain” surely referred to Cyrus.and this is taking all the secular sources which portrays Alexander the great as being gay and pagan worshipping idols contrary to the monotheistic image the Quran draws of Zhul-Qarnain.we can then go further to add that Cyrus was a monotheist.

Furthermore, two horns and two horned symbolism was not an unknown emblem of the kingdoms of Persia and its predecessors, for we see that Elamite kings used this symbol routinely in their insignia.

Huh? grin Did you do a background check on this obviously bogus claim? Perhaps you should, it simply protrays muslims as being so desperate to prove islam is historically correct that they will latch unto any form of myth. The national geographic article that is cited as the SOLE EVIDENCE for this (there is NO INDEPENDENT SCIENTIFIC PROOF) mentions nothing about a city of pillars. Actually the only "proof" for this claim is that certain "scientists" discovered the name "Iram" in some library somewhere . . . really? No artifacts, no historical record of an entire city disappearing in sand? grin
You are being over simplistic.i think you should read again and check if really there are no artifacts.

this is quite daft. We have concrete proof of who alexander the great was. Islam is the religion struggling too hard to force a mythical fellow in the quran into his mould. The burden of proof is on you.
The term “Zhul-Qarnain” is not a fellow.it is a title that the jews themselves used to refer to someone they recognized as at their time in Arabia.and that jewish knowledge was not available to the Arabians.

and where is this evidence? why cant you provide it? Your evidence is that "he was a believer"? Alexander the great was certainly no believer of anything my friend. Better to stop lying like a disgraceful demon.
I am talking from the genuine point of view that the term “Zhul-Qarnain” is a title and it can be given to anyone and particularly Alexander if we disregard the sources that portrays him in bad light.however as you can earlier see from my post,Cyrus is more befitting to bear the title going by the available evidence.

perhaps they are not ready to lie for the quran unlike you.
You’re plain dumb.someone like you,a disbeliever, who lives in ultimate denial called Christianity should be less worried about what the Quran says.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by plappville(f): 1:45am On Dec 15, 2011
« #103 on: December 14, 2011, 08:55 PM »
Plappville and co are in for it.

@Plappville,the Alexander the great is not the one the Quran mentioned,cos he died at 30's and he was an idol worshipper, sleeps with men and women,Dhul-Qarnian was a monotheist,hope you know its not only Alexander the great that was Alex,and Alexander the great was not said to have built any wall from history,any attempt to coin in Alexander the great in to the Quran is false ,besides the name Alexander was not in the Quran but Dhul-Qarnian.

What are defending blindly, are u addressing those old aboki tht ve never set eyes on the kuran but yet accept what they are told? Must muhammed mention his name? He mention his title and made drastical error with his name. U re here blabbaring.
Is this the only error he made? I will creat a thread on all his errors let me see how many u can defend.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by bashydemy(m): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2011
This plappville self what thread are you talking about
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 11:48am On Dec 15, 2011
plappville:

What are defending blindly, are u addressing those old aboki tht ve never set eyes on the kuran but yet accept what they are told? Must muhammed mention his name? He mention his title and made drastical error with his name. U re here blabbaring.
Is this the only error he made? I will creat a thread on all his errors let me see how many u can defend.

the peak of dishonesty!

why still go ahead to address and quote my post that is not the immediate last post in which i gave detailed explanation?
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by tpia5: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2011
@ topic

lagosshia

are you just posting for the sake of posting or what. You seemed sharper than this before.

The practices you are referring to in the bible (which btw are Jewish traditons) all preceded Islam.

Surely it must have occurred to you that maybe they are called Islamic now but most likely were derived from Judaism?
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2011
tpia@:

@ topic

lagosshia

are you just posting for the sake of posting or what. You seemed sharper than this before.
Oga Sir,no one made you referee and i do not need your compliments.

so if you have something to contribute,do that without drama.

The practices you are referring to in the bible (which btw are Jewish traditons) all preceded Islam.

Surely it must have occurred to you that maybe they are called Islamic now but most likely were derived from Judaism?

i must bring to your attention that none of the prophets mentioned in the bible up to Jesus claimed that or named the religion of God to be "judaism" or "christianity".to us Muslims,we believe Islamic teachings preceeded Muhammad (sa) because whatever the previous prophets taught we believe in them and the Quran orders us to love and respect them.

that aside,these practices today are islamic practices regardless of how you view or judge their source to be.furthermore,it is clear for even the blind to see that while muslims uphold them in the true spirit of following the prophets of God and Muhammad (sa) "glorifying" Jesus as we are told in the new testament about the next comforter to come after Jesus,we muslims practice our religion as the prophets did.but as for you christians,even the practices in the new testament you do not even uphold.

finally,it is only in the Quran where you find God calling and institutionalizing His religion and calling/giving it a name (ISLAM) with the coming of Muhammad (sa) who is believed to be the last prophet and messenger of God.

Holy Quran 5:3:
"This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful".
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by bashydemy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2011
Nice one Lagoshia
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by plappville(f): 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2011
LagosShia: must bring to your attention that none of the prophets mentioned in the bible up to Jesus claimed that or named the religion of God to be "judaism" or "christianity".to us Muslims,we believe Islamic teachings preceeded Muhammad (sa) because whatever the previous prophets taught we believe in them and the "Quran" orders us to love and respect them.

Liessssssssssssssss! here are just a few Quranic verses contradicting ur lies!

Quran (9:30) - And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah, Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!

Quran (4:52) - Those (Christians) are they whom Allah hath cursed,

Quran (4:47) - O you (Jews) who have been given the Book! ""believe that which We have revealed"", verifying what you have, before We alter faces then turn them on their backs, or curse them as We cursed the violaters of the Sabbath, and the command of Allah shall be executed.

The kuran contains dozens of verses that specifically describe Jews and christians in the ugliest, most hateful terms. Just leave thise ur pretending story of respecting the previews prophets.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by plappville(f): 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2011
that aside,these practices today are islamic practices regardless of how you view or judge their source to be.furthermore,it is clear for even the blind to see that while muslims uphold them in the true spirit of following the prophets of God and [b]Muhammad (sa) "glorifying" Jesus as we are told in the new testament about the next comforter to come after Jesus,[/b]we muslims practice our religion as the prophets did.but as for you christians,even the practices in the new testament you do not even uphold.

Blasphemmmmmmm in rampant,
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by plappville(f): 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2011
LagosShia:

the peak of dishonesty!

why still go ahead to address and quote my post that is not the immediate last post in which i gave detailed explanation?

I qouted it at the time i saw it, nothing like dishonesty broda!
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2011
TRUTH is BITTER.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2011
plappville:

Liessssssssssssssss! here are just a few Quranic verses contradicting your lies!

Quran (9:30) - And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah, Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!

Quran (4:52) - Those (Christians) are they whom Allah hath cursed,

Quran (4:47) - O you (Jews) who have been given the Book! ""believe that which We have revealed"", verifying what you have, before We alter faces then turn them on their backs, or curse them as We cursed the violaters of the Sabbath, and the command of Allah shall be executed.

The kuran contains dozens of verses that specifically describe Jews and christians in the ugliest, most hateful terms. Just leave thise your pretending story of respecting the previews prophets.

People,please read what this woman is busy writing!

My dear who is even trying to convince you that we love you? You’re the hypocrites that keep insulting others and still tell them “Jesus love you” as if it was Jesus that sent you a letter.

Let me be plain with you,please do not quote the Quran for the sake of quoting.if you think we hate you,so be it.no one is here trying to buy your pleasure or comfort.

Besides,what does we muslims following and emulating true prophets of God got to do with us loving/hating  Christians and jews? I know that the Quran informs us that there are good people among the Christians and they are the closest to muslims.but that in no way compromises islam as the absolute truth.

So please do not blindly assume anyone is trying to please you or buy your favor.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2011
bashy_demy:

Nice one Lagoshia

thanks brother!
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2011
@Lagosshia, plappvile a christian,of a foreign religion ,following the previous prophet?,islam is for the humble,those seeking truth,not just for anybody.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 11:45pm On Dec 15, 2011
uplawal:

@Lagosshia, plappvile a christian,of a foreign religion ,following the previous prophet?,islam is for the humble,those seeking truth,not just for anybody.

true talk!
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by thimbook2(m): 6:53am On Dec 16, 2011
if you had all the time to do all this research in the scriptures etc etc; you ought to be able to know the Bible came before the Quran even chronologically in authorship and Mohammed had a coptic christian consort, Mary, right?

does it not stand to reason that its probably your quran that is a pale imitation of the Holy Bible? Afterall, a child born yesterday can't possibly be older than his elder brother who was born years ago?!

let's stop stirring up stuff
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 11:52am On Dec 16, 2011
thimbook2:

if you had all the time to do all this research in the scriptures etc etc; you ought to be able to know the Bible came before the Quran even chronologically in authorship and Mohammed had a coptic christian consort, Mary, right?

does it not stand to reason that its probably your quran that is a pale imitation of the Holy Bible? Afterall, a child born yesterday can't possibly be older than his elder brother who was born years ago?!

let's stop stirring up stuff

if you have proof that the Quran copied from the bible,please bring it forth so we can examine it together.

if not,i can give you proof where the christian new testament authors copied from the jewish old testament:

Proof Of Plagiarism In The Christian New Testament From The Jewish Old Testament
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-820199.0.html

also,there are evidence supporting the idea that the authors of the old testament itself copied from other texts existing before the former.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by tpia5: 11:53am On Dec 16, 2011
All the practices he mentioned are Jewish ones, based on Jewish law and religion.

So his point is moot, really. He needs to direct his questions to a Jewish forum.

He also needs to understand some ancient Arab tribes coexisted and had intermingling with Jewish people.

Some Arabs as we know them today might even have originally been Jews.

In any case, semitic culture is semitic culture.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2011
LagosShia:

if you have proof that the Quran copied from the bible,please bring it forth so we can examine it together.

if not,i can give you proof where the christian new testament authors copied from the jewish old testament:

Proof Of Plagiarism In The Christian New Testament From The Jewish Old Testament

also,there are evidence supporting the idea that the authors of the old testament itself copied from other texts existing before the former.

makes zero sense here. Of course the authors of the new testament epistles were ALL JEWS! Its like accusing a nigerian of plagiarism for relating instances in nigerian history.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by vedaxcool(m): 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2011
davidylan:

makes zero sense here. Of course the authors of the new testament epistles were ALL JEWS! Its like accusing a nigerian of plagiarism for relating instances in nigerian history.

Funny they all wrote in a foreign language, yet they were all jews, it hardly makes sense, why would a Jew write in a language that his amin audience would be unable to read, as for copying the OT, well it has been stated that Luke and Mathews were in the business of copying marks' gospel!
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2011
LagosShia:

Christians have never for once tried to look for Jesus or Moses in the Quran, yet Muslims spend their entire lives trying to look for Muhammad ( SAW ) in the Bible.

They even twist the inspired words of God to force Islamic meanings into them.

This comes across as wild desperaration and madness gone global. grin

Admit it guys, the Quran is not the word of any god not to talk of God himself, it is simply a concocted mixture of fables, myths, fairy tales, agnostic bible stories and Talmudic scripture.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 16, 2011
vedaxcool:

Funny they all wrote in a foreign language, yet they were all jews, it hardly makes sense, why would a Jew write in a language that his amin audience would be unable to read, as for copying the OT, well it has been stated that Luke and Mathews were in the business of copying marks' gospel!

another senseless comment from a brainless muslim. English is a foreign language and YET you and i are writing on this forum in that same language even though we are nigerians.

Many of the bible writers like Paul were very well educated and could speak multiple languages. People like Paul would have had to write in a foreign language like Greek (which was widely spoken at that time) to reach their foreign audiences. Jews were not the only christians at that time, others would have translated the gospels in a language that was understandable to them. Just the same way popular books today are translated into different languages . . .

Secondly, a cursory glance at many of the new testament would indicate the multiple different audiences - romans, corinthians, greeks (timothy i think), philipians, ephesians, colosians . . . all these were not jews.

Did you even think your comment thru before typing?
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 16, 2011
You are talking to people who have been blinded by the ALLAH god of this world.

These people , need that thick veil of deception torn off from their hearts , otherwise they have no hope.

Sad but true !
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by vedaxcool(m): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2011
davidylan:

Many of the bible writers like Paul were very well educated and could speak multiple languages. People like Paul would have had to write in a foreign language like Greek (which was widely spoken at that time) to reach their foreign audiences. Jews were not the only christians at that time, others would have translated the gospels in a language that was understandable to them. Just the same way popular books today are translated into different languages . . .

[size=14pt][b]In essence the bible writers ignore their primary audience to write in a language that they their primary audience would not understand, I see you thought your write up thru grin grin grin grin grin grin, Jesus spoke a language that is more or less extinct, implying that his primary audience spoke were not Greeks, I think from all indication Christianity has the dubious toga of having books that were written in a foreign language, no religion in the world wrote their religious text in a language foreign to its' founder, call me brainless, [an indication your frustration in answering simple questions posed], we all know Jesus contemporaries should have wrote their books in Aramaic not Greek, since their primary target were the Jews, but alas never was it eye witness that wrote Mark, Matthew, Luke and John, they all wrote hear say accounts of what they received orally, in essence we cannot buy the garbage that Jesus disciples who were more familiar with Aramaic decided to write books to cater for their primary target in a language foreign to their audience, it can never make sense. Scholars of the bible would tell you that Luke and Mathew copied their gospels from Mark, they will go further and state that None of this writers were eye witnesses, again they will further tell you that the so called gospel appeared long after the demise of Jesus, meaning we do not even know those who wrote the bible, there are simply anonymous books, written by unknown individuals who simply collected material and remix them to underscore their own view point![/b][/size]
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2011
vedaxcool:

[size=14pt][b]In essence the bible writers ignore their primary audience to write in a language that they their primary audience would not understand, I see you thought your write up thru grin grin grin grin grin grin, Jesus spoke a language that is more or less extinct, implying that his primary audience spoke were not Greeks, I think from all indication Christianity has the dubious toga of having books that were written in a foreign language, no religion in the world wrote their religious text in a language foreign to its' founder, call me brainless, [an indication your frustration in answering simple questions posed], we all know Jesus contemporaries should have wrote their books in Aramaic not Greek, since their primary target were the Jews, but alas never was it eye witness that wrote Mark, Matthew, Luke and John, they all wrote hear say accounts of what they received orally, in essence we cannot buy the garbage that Jesus disciples who were more familiar with Aramaic decided to write books to cater for their primary target in a language foreign to their audience, it can never make sense. Scholars of the bible would tell you that Luke and Mathew copied their gospels from Mark, they will go further and state that None of this writers were eye witnesses, again they will further tell you that the so called gospel appeared long after the demise of Jesus, meaning we do not even know those who wrote the bible, there are simply anonymous books, written by unknown individuals who simply collected material and remix them to underscore their own view point![/b][/size]

quite a dumb post regurgitating previously debunked islamic propaganda.

1. Christ spoke primarily in aramaic - his audience was mainly jewish.

2. The other apostles did not write to a majority jewish audience as you stupidly and falsely allege here - for example Paul spent most of his time with gentiles hence we see books written to romans, corinthians, ephesians, philipians, colosians, greeks e.t.c. are those jews? Why would Paul write in a language that jews could understand if his roman audience could not speak hebrew or aramaic?
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by vedaxcool(m): 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2011
davidylan:

quite a dumb post regurgitating previously debunked islamic propaganda.

1. Christ spoke primarily in aramaic - his audience was mainly jewish.

Lol grin grin grin Yet all his messages were recorded in Greek! we see you make "sensible" points

davidylan:

2. The other apostles did not write to a majority jewish audience as you stupidly and falsely allege here - for example Paul spent most of his time with gentiles hence we see books written to romans, corinthians, ephesians, philipians, colosians, greeks e.t.c. are those jews? Why would Paul write in a language that jews could understand if his roman audience could not speak hebrew or aramaic?

You only rope yourself more, It seems you only know of Paul being a Biblical writer, funny enough Paul audience were only Greek speaking individuals, and so you mean to say the writers of Luke, Mark, Mathew and John were also writing for romans, corinthians etc? grin grin grin grin grin, It remains incredulous that a book intended for a jewish audience was written in a language they do not speak.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
vedaxcool:

Lol  grin grin grin Yet all his messages were recorded in Greek! we see you make "sensible" points

Senseless again. Albert Einstein spoke mostly english through his lifetime . . . his very books can be found in different languages all over the world today. So exactly what was your point again?
Christ didnt claim to have written his own book unlike mohammad . . . his words and actions were recorded by others and subsequently translated to languages accessible to non-jews.

If not for these greek records, how would muslims be arguing for mohammad in the bible? why are Christ's words missing from allah's works?

vedaxcool:

You only rope yourself more, It seems you only know of Paul being a Biblical writer, funny enough Paul audience were only Greek speaking individuals, and so you mean to say the writers of Luke, Mark, Mathew and John were also writing for romans, corinthians etc?  grin grin grin grin grin, It remains incredulous that a book intended for a jewish audience was written in a language they do not speak.

that's very stup[i]i[/i]d. Paul's audience included far more than just greeks. For example the ephesians were as far removed from rome as you could get.

Secondly Luke, the writer of the gospel of Luke, was greek so of course we would not be surprised to see his gospel written in greek!

thirdly, the gospels were not compiled as bibles for the jews to read. For starters the jews had already rejected and even crucified Christ so it is doubtful that they were all busy sitting in the synagogues waiting for brother matthew to tell them all about a Christ they just finished crucifying. Obviously Matthew, mark, luke and john wrote those much like someone would right an autobiography or a history compendium today. It would thus make sense that some would write it perhaps in their mother tongue - aramaic (like i think matthew was written) or greek; others may choose to write in a popular language (just the same way i would write a textbook in english instead of my mother tongue yoruba . . . which is far less popular and restricts accessibility). You also have to consider that others, perhaps foreigners, translated several of these books into languages that were widely accessible to others who were not traditional speakers of the hebrew language.

The claim that the gospel was "intended for a jewish audience" is equally false and just one more tired propaganda from the muslim's myopic viewpoint. Very clear when Christ gave the great commission in Matthew 28 that the gospel was for more than jews alone. Paul in fact preached MORE to foreigners than to jews. So in what language should Paul have used? Aramaic so the colosians would have not understood a word?
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
frosbel:

Christians have never for once tried to look for Jesus or Moses in the Quran, yet Muslims spend their entire lives trying to look for Muhammad ( SAW ) in the Bible.

They even twist the inspired words of God to force Islamic meanings into them.

This comes across as wild desperaration and madness gone global. grin

Admit it guys, the Quran is not the word of any god not to talk of God himself, it is simply a concocted mixture of fables, myths, fairy tales, agnostic bible stories and Talmudic scripture.

have you ever being honest to yourself just for once?

you christians search the Jewish old testament and have even included it in your christian bible for prophecies about Jesus.

you have claimed thousands of prophecies in the old testament about Jesus.yet not one jew believe that the jewish messiah is Jesus,son of Mary (as).not one jew believe in Jesus with all the stories christians tell and all the prophecies they spot in the jewish old testament.

you new testament cries out in disappointment:

"He came unto his own (people,the Jews), and his own (people,the Jews) received him not".(John 1:11)

yet on the authority of Muhammad (sa) alone,1.5 billion muslims believe Jesus was the true prophet and messenger of God sent to the jews!!!!

christians like to talk to others thinking others are illitrates and foolish.frosbel thinks we do not know the difference between "old" and "new" testaments.
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by plappville(f): 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2011
@LagosShia:i must bring to your attention that none of the prophets mentioned in the bible up to Jesus claimed that or named the religion of God to be "judaism" or "christianity".to us Muslims,we believe Islamic teachings preceeded Muhammad (sa) because whatever the previous prophets taught we believe in them and the Quran orders us to love and respect them.

If the bold is true, then u and @bashy-demy and co-muslims of NL ve been disobeying ur prophet. You people ve said Jesus sinned, and that he couldn't saved himself, insulted the trinity to be fake etc.  how then u claim in ur post that the kuran ordered u to love and respectpreviews prophets??  Even ur kuran stated that other religion are cursed, u are here lieing.

quran(9:30)  The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

To respect is to accept them as they believe, why cursing them because they disbelieve u?

quran (5:72-73). : They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.

Mohammed is saying here that Jesus want christians to forbid his teaching and turn to Islam, where did he see Jesus? grin grin

kuran (10:68-69)They say: "Allah hath begotten a son!" - Glory be to Him! He is self-sufficient! His are all things in the heavens and on earth! No warrant have ye for this! say ye about Allah "what ye know not?"

This is all about the "Trinity'", If Muhammed himself refused Christ as the son of God filled with the Holy spirit, then how does the kuran ordered Muslims to respect previews prophets oooo @LagosShia? am sorry but i want to believe either u or the muhammed or both of u are contradicting each other with lies, Islam has no single respect for other belief, islam is hate, discremination, this has caused distruction to humanity.

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the "Jizya" with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (kuran 9:29)

("Jizya" is said to be the money that non-Muslims must pay to their Muslim overlords in a pure Islamic state.)

Quran 4:47) - O you (Jews) who have been given the "Book" (torah"! ""believe that which We have revealed"", verifying what you have, before We alter faces then turn them on their backs, or curse them as We cursed the violaters of the Sabbath (Christians), and the command of Allah shall be executed.

Bukhari (59:727) - Allah's Apostle [said], "Allah's curse be on the Jews and the  Christians"  This was spoken on Muhammad's death bed, and was one of the last things that he ever said.(hatred in the air.

Allah cursed Christians yet allah practice is in the book of the cursed. It means the practice u claimed is cursed as well. undecided
Re: Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians by LagosShia: 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
anty Plappville is still lost!

all your thousand words in the above is due to a simple misunderstanding:

you mix Jesus and the prophets of God with christianity and what christians believe.

trinity,begotten son of god,salvation by blood,and the rest of the BS were not taught by Jesus.

try to separate between what christians believe and what Jesus taught.then you will know that when Muslims tell you we respect and honor Jesus,Jesus is truly innocent of your pagan christian beliefs that came to be after Jesus.so please do not attribute falsehood to the true prophets of God.

we muslims honoring the prophets of God have nothing to do with our opposition to pagan doctrines christians believe in.

you are deceitfully supposing that Jesus represents what christians believe in.and sorry to disappoint you but Jesus did not found christianity,Paul and the earlly fathers of the roman catholic church did!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It True? Churches Asking You To Surrender Your Entire January Salary? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.