Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980345 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
Raphel2011: @justwise and olu1234567, thanks a ton for your swift replies. God in his infinite mercies will bless you.
Something important came to my mind yesterday and its been bothering me ever since. I remember about 3 years ago, i was refused a canadian study permit. The problem now is i didnt include that in my application( i think there was a part that asked if you have been refused visa before) and that has been bothering me.
Do you think they might find out and refuse my application because of that?
The UK and Canada do not use same database, nor do they compulsively share immigration intelligence (except there are concerns), therefore, it is highly unlikely that they will find you out. But in the unforseen and unlikely event that you're found out, you will get the dreaded 10 years ban
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Connoisseur: Hello justwise

I recieved my application with a 'refusal of entry' clearance
Reason:
-The number on my invitation letter does not exist
-I stated I earn 350k monthly but the balance in my personal account does not justify that I would want to leave the UK willingly after my stay.

I applied for a visa on the 31st of july. i included;
-a letter of invitation from a company i deal with (including evidence of past transactions i.e. reciepts and invoices)
-evidence of company registration with the tax clearance
-minutes of meeting where the invitation letter was discussed and the company accepting to take full responsibility for the expenses
-a company account with a balance of almost 5m naira with a dom account in my personal name with a balance of £16k and a personal account of 700k naira
-marriage certificate and pictures, birth certificates for my twins
-title deeds for a property

If you can, would you explain where i went wrong with this apart from the number part, and how soon i could reapply so as not to appear desperate.

Thank you
Is every one of these mentioned documents genuine, did the visa officer suspect you of misrepresenting you circumstances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Vicjustice:
Is every one of these mention documents genuine, did the visa officer suspect you of misrepresenting you circumstances?

every single one of them is geninue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:17am On Aug 14, 2013
Connoisseur:

every single one of them is geninue.
With earnings of N350k monthly, nothing but a badly presented application package could deny you a visa for any country.
By the way, if the "the number on the invitation letter does not exist" does that mean the letter is fake?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:42am On Aug 14, 2013
Connoisseur: Hello justwise

I recieved my application with a 'refusal of entry' clearance
Reason:
-The number on my invitation letter does not exist
-I stated I earn 350k monthly but the balance in my personal account does not justify that I would want to leave the UK willingly after my stay.

I applied for a visa on the 31st of july. i included;
-a letter of invitation from a company i deal with (including evidence of past transactions i.e. reciepts and invoices)
-evidence of company registration with the tax clearance
-minutes of meeting where the invitation letter was discussed and the company accepting to take full responsibility for the expenses
-a company account with a balance of almost 5m naira with a dom account in my personal name with a balance of £16k and a personal account of 700k naira
-marriage certificate and pictures, birth certificates for my twins
-title deeds for a property

If you can, would you explain where i went wrong with this apart from the number part, and how soon i could reapply so as not to appear desperate.

Thank you
Does that company actually exist or is it one of those companies selling conference letters? Do you have the physical or web address of the company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 1:15am On Aug 14, 2013
justwise:
Does that company actually exist or is it one of those companies selling conference letters? Do you have the physical or web address of the company?

yeah the company exists and have got both physical and web addresses.
mind you, I have been buying from them and they send my goods on schedule. I also included all the evidence of previous transactions.

from the explanation i got from them, their new number wasnt updated on their letterhead
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 1:42am On Aug 14, 2013
Interesting that they call numbers on invitation letters. That is a good development.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 6:27am On Aug 14, 2013
Raphel2011:

Congrats bro. were you contacted that your passport is ready for pickup?

My passport n other documents were delivered to my office via UPS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2013
Connoisseur:

yeah the company exists and have got both physical and web addresses.
mind you, I have been buying from them and they send my goods on schedule. I also included all the evidence of previous transactions.

from the explanation i got from them, their new number wasnt updated on their letterhead

You are the business owner and pay yourself about 350k monthly? Have you contacted the company to complain about the non-existing phone number on the invitation letter they issued you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oloriesther(f): 10:56am On Aug 14, 2013
Vicjustice:
These petty lodgements aren't going to be problem especially if the fund in the account is not built up on them (meaning, such lodgements do not make the majority of the money in the account): there has to be other inconsistencies in your account altogether in order for this kind of petty lodgements to come into question. It is different if someone who has (let's assume) N450.000 in his account and he credits N550.000 into the account, now, that is the definition of MONEY LODGEMENT

Thanks for your response,I want to reapply by first week in sept explaining in a coverletter that the last two lodgement(120K & 67k) were refund of loan i gave 2 of my freinds. By end of Aug, my acct balance will be a little over 1M due to the deposite of my july and Aug salaries. I intend adding a my land reciept worth 800k and agreement signed between me and the person that sold the land to me. Do you advise i add the land receipt & agreement to my application as I have no other documentation on the Land.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oloriesther(f): 10:57am On Aug 14, 2013
olu1234567:

Hi, did you just submit one month's statement? Because the rule requires you to submit 6 months statement, also you can explain in the additional information section about the loans being paid back, also your bank statement must reflect their names, put an arrow beside their names and you can further write an additional information letter explaining that the money was a loan paid back and you have put an arrow beside their name to show where they paid in the money.

Also in terms of the withdrawals as long as it doesnt significantly affect your balance its fine withdrawals are a sign that the account is an active one and thats what they are looking for.

After all that has been said i feel you should wait a little longer than the end of august to reapply, just as not to seem desperate. But its only an advise and you can reappluy whenever you want.
Thanks for your response,I want to reapply by first week in sept explaining in a coverletter that the last two lodgement(120K & 67k) were refund of loan i gave 2 of my freinds. By end of Aug, my acct balance will be a little over 1M due to the deposite of my july and Aug salaries. I intend adding a my land reciept worth 800k and agreement signed between me and the person that sold the land to me. Do you advise i add the land receipt & agreement to my application as I have no other documentation on the Land.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
justwise:

[b]You are the business owner and pay yourself about 350k monthly? [/b]Have you contacted the company to complain about the non-existing phone number on the invitation letter they issued you?

You see every money i get goes back into the business so even though I make more than 350k monthly, there is no physical payment to me.
In my case, how do you think I should explain it to the visa officer cos I believe that was a major deciding factor.

About the company, they regret the inconvienence and are moving to reissue another invitation letter with a corresponding letter to their border office.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
Please which website can i use for hotel reservation in UK ( 5 days )
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
Connoisseur, pls where did you submit your application? my baby applied the same day you did, but we've not heard from the consular yet. Did they send you a text message?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
lankywizar:

My passport n other documents were delivered to my office via UPS
Did you pay for that separately during you application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2013
wola44:
Please which website can i use for hotel reservation in UK ( 5 days )

YOU can do that on the hotel website directly- read the terms and conditions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omoharry(f): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2013
I want to accompany my Aunt to the UK for a health reason that could not be attained in Nigeria.We were denied visa to he U.S despite meeting all requirements. Now we are trying the UK.I have the her medical invitation sent last week from the hospital we intend to use in the UK.
My fears are as follows:

I have been denied visa to the UK for my sister wedding last year
MY sister is inviting us and the same time the medical invitation is there should we present all of them.
Should we rent a hotel since the hospital is in London while my sister live about 500KM away
I am just scared because her condition is getting worse and i need to get her out.

Can any one advise on the right way we can package ourselves so that w cannot be denied again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
kofsy: Connoisseur, pls where did you submit your application? my baby applied the same day you did, but we've not heard from the consular yet. Did they send you a text message?

i applied in abj and paid for courier that delivered to my town.
it was the courier company that sent an sms
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
Connoisseur:

You see every money i get goes back into the business so even though I make more than 350k monthly, there is no physical payment to me.
In my case, how do you think I should explain it to the visa officer cos I believe that was a major deciding factor.

About the company, they regret the inconvienence and are moving to reissue another invitation letter with a corresponding letter to their border office.
If you are applying to travel for personal pleasure ie touring, you would have had a problem using your business account, (you would be required to present your personal bank statement). But since your purpose of travel is business related, it is absolutely ok to use your business account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Connoisseur:

i applied in abj and paid for courier that delivered to my town.
it was the courier company that sent an sms

Ok! thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
Vicjustice:
If you are applying to travel for personal pleasure ie touring, you would have had a problem using your business account, (you would be required to present your personal bank statement). But since your purpose of travel is business related, it is absolutely ok to use your business account

so could give any reason why you think emphasis was on my personal account?
also how soon can i reapply?
Someone said am having these problems cos my passport is a virgin passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
Connoisseur:

so could give any reason why you think emphasis was on my personal account?
also how soon can i reapply?
Someone said am having these problems cos my passport is a virgin passport
I didn't see the details in the notice of refusal, so I might not be able to give an accurate explanation for the reasons that your application was refused. But however, I can tell that it is mostly to blame on your business establishment. It is reasonable to know that visa officers use their personal discretions and judgements in deciding an application, therefore, onus is on you to impress and satisfy an officer that your company is organized and that it is established...
In your case, I can see that your application is badly presented (even with an out-of-service phone number of your business partner).
There is no time frame or limit or regulation binding reapplication.
Finally, it is not because you have a virgin passport: every passport is issued in virgin state: An applicant who meets the requirements with a virgin passport will be approved, while the one who fall short of the requirements with loaded passport will be refused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
Vicjustice, pls how long does it take for the embassy to review one's application, on the average.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
kofsy: Vicjustice, pls how long does it take for the embassy to review one's application, on the average.
It depends on circumstances and visa type, definitely longer than it would take to make a fresh application, but not as long as it would take to make appeal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 1:00am On Aug 15, 2013
Hi kofsy, may I know how you requested for a review? Also why?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 15, 2013
@ all, pls do i have to book an appointment in order to submit my printed visitors visa application form at vac?
Also how much is the visa fee for 6mths application?
Cant seem to see where that is written on their site as they only say it should be paid at sterling bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 15, 2013
Cyndas: @ all, pls do i have to book an appointment in order to submit my printed visitors visa application form at vac?
Also how much is the visa fee for 6mths application?
Cant seem to see where that is written on their site as they only say it should be paid at sterling bank.
It's 20,800. You'd have to pay at the application centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 15, 2013
Vicjustice:
It depends on circumstances and visa type, definitely longer than it would take to make a fresh application, but not as long as it would take to make appeal
Oh!!!! My bad... i actually didn't mean "review".... What i meant was how long it takes to get a feedback from the embassy as regards a fresh application. Just like connoisseur, my fiance submitted his fresh application on the 31st of July in Lagos but has still not heard from the consular.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2013
igbankebabe: Hi kofsy, may I know how you requested for a review? Also why?

Thanks
I'm sorry i used the wrong word. However, i'm aware that one can request for a review of ones application(when denied, of course) by writing a letter to the consular to that effect. You'd have to quote the necessary reference numbers, dates and also state reasons why you were denied and reasons why you feel your application should be carefully reviewed. They'd get back to you. A friend of mine did that when she was denied a student visa, but the Eco still stood his ground. She had to re-apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 15, 2013
kofsy:
It's 20,800. You'd have to pay at the application centre.

so there's no need to pay at the bank? I thought it ll be easier to pay at the bank than at the vac office.
Also is an appointment necessary for visitors application submission?
Or i can just go anytime?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2013
Cyndas:

so there's no need to pay at the bank? I thought it ll be easier to pay at the bank than at the vac office.
Also is an appointment necessary for visitors application submission?
Or i can just go anytime?
They no longer accept payments in the bank. There is no need for appointment,you can go anytime you're ready; except you are applying for a student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Aug 15, 2013
kofsy:
They no longer accept payments in the bank. There is no need for appointment,you can go anytime you're ready; except you are applying for a student visa.

There is

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.