Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982473 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2012
@justwise, pls I hav been calling Dem ad dey Ar not pick so I emailed Dem ad dey told me DAT my application is undergoing verification at d visa section, ad I asked earlier do I need an extension letter cos my skul Wil resume on 23 of April ad registration Wil end on d 25th of may, God bless as u answer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:52am On Apr 20, 2012
cynthykay: @justwise, pls I hav been calling Dem ad dey Ar not pick so I emailed Dem ad dey told me DAT my application is undergoing verification at d visa section, ad I asked earlier do I need an extension letter cos my skul Wil resume on 23 of April ad registration Wil end on d 25th of may, God bless as u answer.

Go ahead and request for an extension, explain to them what happened and also state when you applied and the respond from BHC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:53am On Apr 20, 2012
Evilicious: Hello everyone I want info regarding uk spouse visa have been married for 4 yrs now blessed with a beautiful child and she needs to start school soon so we are going to school her in uk and have never been to uk nor have I applied for their visa my question is which visa do I apply? Spouse or ILR cos I read in an article sayin if married for 4yrs or more one might be granted ILR if ur applictn was for spouse how tru is it? My partner has a permant job here in Nig and he goes to d uk in every once in a while, thou I have been able to get my baby her Brit passport from Nig, so plz any one wit info on d d spouse/ILR shud plz help thanks and God bless.
Evilicious:
We are legally married and he is a uk citizen
What you are entitled for (by rights) is a spouse visa, the ILR is not by rights, it is issued on merit: so, if you applied for your spouse visa, you would be issued the uk Resident Permit which could be the ILR once in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:13am On Apr 20, 2012
teeluu: @vicjuistice , i applied for a marriage visa from nigeria on the 2nd of november 2011. Am married already and my wife is uk citizen.since i applied ve not had anytin abt my application from the uk embassy and i was told settlement is now been done in abuja.i need advice on what to do cos i had dat when the application is not 6months уσυ shouldn't call.i also need the number to call for enquiry if i can call them or email them.thanks

Though there are instances of easier (straight forward visa proceedures), spouse visas could take anything between 6 months to 3 years, so, it would be of no use trying to ring them because, there is a big chance that they wouldn't have any helpful answer for you since your application is not yet outside the frame period: wait until the 6 months elapsed, you might not even need to ring them before they reach decision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2012
@justwise, I just got a Tex frm dem dis evening tellin me DAT my application has been processed DAT I shuld come ad collect on Monday, tanks so much 4 ur attention I will keep u posted I believe its a Gud news
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
cynthykay: @justwise, I just got a Tex frm dem dis evening tellin me DAT my application has been processed DAT I shuld come ad collect on Monday, tanks so much 4 ur attention I will keep u posted I believe its a Gud news

Fingers crossed it will be good news
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donbigboy(m): 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hello Justwise & others in the house, pls i want to submit my visa application with the following documents for a visit visa.
1. An official invitation
2. Letter from the event organiser to the ECO.
3.Tax clearance
4. Company statement of Acct ( transaction volume is very high but with only 8m balance)
5.personal statement of Acct ( printed in march with 1.3 m balance)
6. Letter stating trip will be covered by my company.
7. Payslip. Employment letters. Company ID card. Leave letter. Travel insurance.
8. Letter of introductions stating my reasons for attanding the conference & List of document submitted.
9. Company past letters of contract awards. Company Board Resolutions. Company form co2 & co7.
Pls regard my acct statment date & it balance hope it will not be an issue since i am been sponsor by my company.
Thanks for your reply in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2012
donbigboy: Hello Justwise & others in the house, pls i want to submit my visa application with the following documents for a visit visa.
1. An official invitation
2. Letter from the event organiser to the ECO.
3.Tax clearance
4. Company statement of Acct ( transaction volume is very high but with only 8m balance)
5.personal statement of Acct ( printed in march with 1.3 m balance)
6. Letter stating trip will be covered by my company.
7. Payslip. Employment letters. Company ID card. Leave letter. Travel insurance.
8. Letter of introductions stating my reasons for attanding the conference & List of document submitted.
9. Company past letters of contract awards. Company Board Resolutions. Company form co2 & co7.
Pls regard my acct statment date & it balance hope it will not be an issue since i am been sponsor by my company.
Thanks for your reply in advance.
Everything seems perfect, but you need to present a more recent bank statement showing detail of transactions between the time that you are submitting the application and three months earlier; but your payslips can compensate for that though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donbigboy(m): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2012
Pls will 500,000 be enough for ECO for a trip of 3 days. I have also call the event organiser to copy the ECO the official invitation letter & also an introduction letter hope this can help as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2012
donbigboy: Pls will 500,000 be enough for ECO for a trip of 3 days. I have also call the event organiser to copy the ECO the official invitation letter & also an introduction letter hope this can help as well.
I do understand that you are being sponsored, and logically, you seem to have something (of an obligation or ties) to return to Nigeria for. But by regulation, you are expected to have substantial amount of personal money to sustain you when you return to Nigeria; the ECO might not be encouraged to issue you a visa if he understands that your travel would affect your finance, therefore, you may be considered an Immigration risk: remember that N500.000 is less than £2.000 UK.
I am giving these assertions based on the figures that you provided, since i have no idea of your salaries or incomes and outgoing transactions which can be taken into consideration apart from the balance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donbigboy(m): 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2012
Thanks vicjustics for all your reply but as for my salary is 370,000 a month & besides most times my company due send some huge in-flows into my acct because as a project manager i do alot of travelling and all that. So basically i dont know if that will be an issue. Well besides the 500,000 the company will give i personally will also be budgeting 200,000 for the trip total 700k. Just for 3 Days.
Thanks for all the responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2012
donbigboy: Thanks vicjustics for all your reply but as for my salary is 370,000 a month & besides most times my company due send some huge in-flows into my acct because as a project manager i do alot of travelling and all that. So basically i dont know if that will be an issue. Well besides the 500,000 the company will give i personally will also be budgeting 200,000 for the trip total 700k. Just for 3 Days.
Thanks for all the responses
Are you serious?
Well, if you receive up to that amount, then, you need not have the least of worries for a visa of any country on the face of the earth, your only worry should be PROVING IT since your financial balance is questionable when your salary is taken into consideration.
But, na the World Trade Centre you dey build for Naija wey you no get money for your account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2012
@justwise, I just got my visa now I want 2 tank God 4 evrytin ad also tank u ad evryone who answered my questions may God continue 2 bless u all Amen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2012
cynthykay: @justwise, I just got my visa now I want 2 tank God 4 evrytin ad also tank u ad evryone who answered my questions may God continue 2 bless u all Amen

Cynthykay congratulations!! i'm really happy for you. Enjoy your studies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiousmaster: 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2012
PLs Advice me.
I applied for a resident card after i got married to my wife who is a EU citizen. But my visa had already expired before we got married. I have been waiting for a confirmation from home office that they have received my application. I have not heard anything from them It has been over 6 weeks. Does anyone knows how long it normally take to get a reply? Once again applied under EEA family member. meaningful advice welcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by avenza: 2:37am On Apr 25, 2012
pls house i need advise concerning my visa issue, i was refused on the following grounds

you state that you will fund your proposed trip to the UK and have submitted your personal bank statements evidence of finance. You state you monthly income to be 180,000(£720) however the credits and balances in your account are not commensurate with your declared monthly income
you have not provided an ITCC or any further evidence of your stated income and I am therefore not satisfied that your income or employment is as claimed. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the uk without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey by paragraph 1(vi) and (vii) of HC395
I therefore refuse your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the united kingdom immigration rules.
Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds refered to in section 84(1)© of the nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk) .

so pls i need your best advice because am confused now, please note that i submitted all the necessary documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by avenza: 2:40am On Apr 25, 2012
i am a business person, so i submitted my tax clearance, certificate of incoporation, bill of laden , and many other documents pls i need ur advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 10:20am On Apr 25, 2012
on the uk site..they said a new form and fees will be issued on april6th...i hv searched for the new form and i cant see it..all i see is the old 2010 general visitor form.....can some1 throw more light on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 11:18am On Apr 25, 2012
Please, how long does it take them to approve a family visa? I need to plan my application accordingly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by menia: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2012
blank: Please, how long does it take them to approve a family visa? I need to plan my application accordingly.
blank: Please, how long does it take them to approve a family visa? I need to plan my application accordingly.

It depends on if your application is a fresh application or is for renewal. if it is a fresh application it can take between 3-6 weeks(15 to 30 working days) but if it is renewal it can take between 2-4 weeks(10 to 20 working days)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by menia: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2012
earthrealm: on the uk site..they said a new form and fees will be issued on april6th...i hv searched for the new form and i cant see it..all i see is the old 2010 general visitor form.....can some1 throw more light on this?

The new form is similar to the old one, the only major difference is the question on whether you have ever received medical treatment in the UK. check out the form on this web site. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf1a.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2012
menia:

It depends on if your application is a fresh application or is for renewal. if it is a fresh application it can take between 3-6 weeks(15 to 30 working days) but if it is renewal it can take between 2-4 weeks(10 to 20 working days)

I had a student visa before so this can be a fresh application? My issue is i need the visa to also apply for American visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by menia: 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
blank:

I had a student visa before so this can be a fresh application? My issue is i need the visa to also apply for American visa.

just be patient... i'm sure they will return it soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Evilicious: 1:36am On Apr 26, 2012
Vicjustice:

What you are entitled for (by rights) is a spouse visa, the ILR is not by rights, it is issued on merit: so, if you applied for your spouse visa, you would be issued the uk Resident Permit which could be the ILR once in the UK.

Thanks you so much have been very confused all this while will summit my application later in the year by the grace of almighty God, will get back to you for more info on the documents to summit with my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 11:57am On Apr 26, 2012
@vic justice and other knowledgeable peeps, pls help me answer the questions below. i intend to apply for uk visa for my wife..she is not working..just doing small biz selling stuff that most naija women do..she has abt 300k in her acct and i am employed and hv a valid uk visa.i hv about 800k in my acct and will include my leave/identification letter from my company.my monthly sal is above 250k.

do i state that she is self employed or what.
thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shineno: 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
In section 6.3 of the tourist visa form, it states have u ever been refused a visa for any country?
I was refused a tourist visa for the USA but I don't know the exact date and month but I know it was year 2007. Also can't recall the exact reason but I know d interviewer did say because I hadn't travelled out to countries very far from my home country.....how do I solve this?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by moica: 11:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hi justwise and other people, I will be grateful if you can come to my aid on this matter. I am thinking of going to the UK on a tourist visa, I work in a law organisation in Lagos and earn 80,000 per month(960,000 annually naira), I live with my parents and i don't pay any utility bill or whatsoever bill, actually this is my first time visitng the UK. That why i came to ask for opinion here. Am 26 by age

DOCUMENTS I HAVE
1. Hotel Reservation for 14 days am staying
2. Payslip. Employment letters. Company ID card. Leave letter. Travel insurance.
3. Letter of introductions stating my reasons for travelling
4. personal statement of Acct (can print anytime with 1.1 m balance in my a/c)
5. Utility Bills showing my address.
6. Planning to spend 370,000 naira on this trip(inclusive of ticket, is it small)
7. Official leave letter.

I dont want to be in such caliber of people that gets bounced due to inadequate information and have immigrations setbacks or refusals

Another problem is that i use that account for all of my transactions both the money i receive from my sisters, brothers and sometime my mum do keep money in my account for some purposes. In Conclusion that my account is for all transactions and my salary earnings aren't paid into there for the past 2 months. am confused and i dont want any immigration problems or denial

Should i apply or not on this basis and if i apply what other documents do i need to present or show. Your candid view are all welcomed and God bless all of you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:50am On Apr 27, 2012
shithapuns: @vic justice and other knowledgeable peeps, pls help me answer the questions below. i intend to apply for uk visa for my wife..she is not working..just doing small biz selling stuff that most naija women do..she has abt 300k in her acct and i am employed and hv a valid uk visa.i hv about 800k in my acct and will include my leave/identification letter from my company.my monthly sal is above 250k.

do i state that she is self employed or what.
thanks
It would be fine to state that she is SELF-EMPLOYED only if her business is documented and she has a bank statement that demonstrates the transactions of her "business" proceedings, otherwise, she would be considered unemployed.
As for your monthly salary of N250k, that is super impressive, but unfortunately, the visa officer is going to observe that your account balance (of N800K) does not commensurate with your declared salary of N250k a month, and also, i don't think they will accept that you can sponsor your wife with this amount of money available; therefore, on the "balance of probability" your wife stands a great risk of visa refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:21am On Apr 27, 2012
shineno: In section 6.3 of the tourist visa form, it states have u ever been refused a visa for any country?
I was refused a tourist visa for the USA but I don't know the exact date and month but I know it was year 2007. Also can't recall the exact reason but I know d interviewer did say because I hadn't travelled out to countries very far from my home country.....how do I solve this?
Unfortunately, such is their style that they demand specified dates even though it's logical that you might have forgotten the date.
Just make sure you enter the known year, and (if you are applying on paper form), just leave the day and month blank, but if you are applying online, then just enter any day and month; but either way, remember to add a remark explaining that the date is not to the best of your knowledge
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kenchukwuemeka: 6:28am On Apr 27, 2012
Pls am new in this forum can some one tell me what documents do I need to sumit to the uk embassy when a frnd sent me an iv
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:53am On Apr 27, 2012
kenchukwuemeka: Pls am new in this forum can some one tell me what documents do I need to sumit to the uk embassy when a frnd sent me an iv
Visit their website, you can use www.google.com, and read for yourself; and if you have any question after that, then feel free to ask here

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.