Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,606 members, 7,770,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:59 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976157 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by saintkola(m): 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Others may believe your story but i don't.
It's called a LETTER OF PROTEST... Google it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naijapay: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Others may believe your story but i don't.

^^^

There seems to have been an error on the part of the officer who refused the application. It is not unusual that once that error has been brought to their notice, their original decision would be reviewed. There would be no point for the ECO to let the matter drag on when the error is very clear.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by saintkola(m): 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2012
naijapay:

^^^

There seems to have been an error on the part of the officer who refused the application. It is not unusual that once that error has been brought to their notice, their original decision would be reviewed. There would be no point for the ECO to let the matter drag on when the error is very clear.

thanks jare, funny enough same thing happened to my bro years back when he applied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geeez: 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2012
Hi guys. Thanks to the advice I got on this forum. I got my visa to the UK in 12 days but just a question.

What is the rationale for the passport page stamped with a visa. I got a UK visa and my visa was stamped on an inner page, leaving several pages blank. Same wih my son and on both passports, the pages stamped were different. Does anyone know why?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by softtouch2(m): 10:26am On Apr 14, 2012
geeez: Hi guys. Thanks to the advice I got on this forum. I got my visa to the UK in 12 days but just a question.

What is the rationale for the passport page stamped with a visa. I got a UK visa and my visa was stamped on an inner page, leaving several pages blank. Same wih my son and on both passports, the pages stamped were different. Does anyone know why?

I don't know know the rational behind that, Mine and my family passport was stamped with VISA on the second to the last page of the passport, leaving a lot of blank pages.
Maybe Justwise knows better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:53am On Apr 14, 2012
geeez: Hi guys. Thanks to the advice I got on this forum. I got my visa to the UK in 12 days but just a question.

soft-touch:

I don't know know the rational behind that, Mine and my family passport was stamped with VISA on the second to the last page of the passport, leaving a lot of blank pages.
Maybe Justwise knows better.

Its nothing to worry about, nobody will hold you responsible for that, you did not stamp it, the embassy did, as long as you still have enough free pages in your passport they can stamp the visa anywhere they want.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sleep100(f): 2:14am On Apr 15, 2012
Hi everyone, please what type of visa form should my elder sister who is going to uk for 2 weeks course in cake making fill and what documents will she need to submit. She was giving 2 years multiple visa in her previous application as a visitor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknero488: 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2012
Please has any forex trader applied for uk tourist visa successfully before?
In the form, after I select self employed, it asks for " name of the company or organization you work for" but I don't have any company registered nor do I work for a company, I just trade forex through my broker.....so how do I fill this?

Also it is asking "what is your work address" but I trade forex at my house, since all I need a functional computer and Internet access

Also " what are your employers telephone number and email address" do I put my broker's details or leave them blank, please I need someone that has successfully applied for a uk visa and trades forex as his occupation.

Finally is forex trading tax free in Nigeria? If so can someone give me a link where it was clearly stated

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Evilicious: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2012
Hello everyone I want info regarding uk spouse visa have been married for 4 yrs now blessed with a beautiful child and she needs to start school soon so we are going to school her in uk and have never been to uk nor have I applied for their visa my question is which visa do I apply? Spouse or ILR cos I read in an article sayin if married for 4yrs or more one might be granted ILR if ur applictn was for spouse how tru is it? My partner has a permant job here in Nig and he goes to d uk in every once in a while, thou I have been able to get my baby her Brit passport from Nig, so plz any one wit info on d d spouse/ILR shud plz help thanks and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teeluu: 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
Hello, please i need advice on my uk marriage application.
I made my application last year november and till now ve got no call from them. Please i want to know if i can call them to make enquiry about my visa. While tracking it its only saying it has been forwarded to the british high commission. Please i nid urgent advice on it and the numbers to call on. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2012
Evilicious: Hello everyone I want info regarding uk spouse visa have been married for 4 yrs now blessed with a beautiful child and she needs to start school soon so we are going to school her in uk and have never been to uk nor have I applied for their visa my question is which visa do I apply? Spouse or ILR cos I read in an article sayin if married for 4yrs or more one might be granted ILR if ur applictn was for spouse how tru is it? My partner has a permant job here in Nig and he goes to d uk in every once in a while, thou I have been able to get my baby her Brit passport from Nig, so plz any one wit info on d d spouse/ILR shud plz help thanks and God bless.
Did you say that the father of your kid is a UK citizen?
Are you married or he is your "Partner"?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
teeluu: Hello, please i need advice on my uk marriage application.
I made my application last year november and till now ve got no call from them. Please i want to know if i can call them to make enquiry about my visa. While tracking it its only saying it has been forwarded to the british high commission. Please i nid urgent advice on it and the numbers to call on. Thanks
Please, explain better: did you mean that you are applying for a marriage registry date in the UK?
By the way, where are you applying from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Evilicious: 12:12am On Apr 18, 2012
Vicjustice: Did you say that the father of your kid is a UK citizen?
Are you married or he is your "Partner"?
We are legally married and he is a uk citizen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Arobake: 4:59am On Apr 18, 2012
Evilicious:

We are legally married and he is a uk citizen

My problem is similar.
I got married in Lagos early last year (he is white, British). After which he returned to Britain. He is visiting me again in 2 weeks time; and I was hoping to apply for a family visiting visa and return with him when he leaves. But so many conflicting advices: I was told I needed to do the IELTS. I did and scored 8 - having scored 6.5 writing, 7.5 listening, 8 speaking, and 9 writing. I have however just been informed that
1. applying for visiting instead of settlement would be suspicious and the visa would be turned down. But I am self-employed and cant just take off like that, I need to see the lay of the land; besides, right now the fee for the 'visiting visa' is more pocket-friendly.
2. I have also, just been told that because my international passport is almost a year old and there hasnt been any visa on it, not even to African States, I would be turned down, as UK does not grant visiting nor settlement visas on passports that cant show one is widely travelled.

PLEASE, which of these advices is/are true? And was all the time and money I expended on the IELTS a total waste?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teeluu: 5:50am On Apr 18, 2012
@vicjuistice , i applied for a marriage visa from nigeria on the 2nd of november 2011. Am married already and my wife is uk citizen.since i applied ve not had anytin abt my application from the uk embassy and i was told settlement is now been done in abuja.i need advice on what to do cos i had dat when the application is not 6months уσυ shouldn't call.i also need the number to call for enquiry if i can call them or email them.thanks

Vicjustice: Please, explain better: did you mean that you are applying for a marriage registry date in the UK?
By the way, where are you applying from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:37am On Apr 18, 2012
Arobake:

My problem is similar.
I got married in Lagos early last year (he is white, British). After which he returned to Britain. He is visiting me again in 2 weeks time; and I was hoping to apply for a family visiting visa and return with him when he leaves. But so many conflicting advices: I was told I needed to do the IELTS. I did and scored 8 - having scored 6.5 writing, 7.5 listening, 8 speaking, and 9 writing. I have however just been informed that
1. applying for visiting instead of settlement would be suspicious and the visa would be turned down. But I am self-employed and cant just take off like that, I need to see the lay of the land; besides, right now the fee for the 'visiting visa' is more pocket-friendly.
2. I have also, just been told that because my international passport is almost a year old and there hasnt been any visa on it, not even to African States, I would be turned down, as UK does not grant visiting nor settlement visas on passports that cant show one is widely travelled.

PLEASE, which of these advices is/are true? And was all the time and money I expended on the IELTS a total waste?

Thank you.
All unnecessary lies and misleading info, don't worry about the money and time you spent on IELTS, you will need it in future.

1. Go ahead and apply for spouse visa if you have all the requirements.

2. You can get spouse visa with virgin passport, not having travelling experience shouldn't be an issue, there was 'a first time' for a very regular traveller.

Get your documents together and go ahead and apply.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2012
@justwise, I have still not heard 4RM Dem, I submitted my visa on d 30th of March, am so worried I dnt knw if I shuld go there or call Dem, pls reply, tanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2012
cynthykay: @justwise, I have still not heard 4RM Dem, I submitted my visa on d 30th of March, am so worried I dnt knw if I shuld go there or call Dem, pls reply, tanks.

Call them, though i know somebody who applied since Jan 27th and still haven't heard from them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Arobake: 10:27am On Apr 18, 2012
justwise:
All unnecessary lies and misleading info, don't worry about the money and time you spent on IELTS, you will need it in future.

2. You can get spouse visa with virgin passport, not having travelling experience shouldn't be an issue, there was 'a first time' for a very regular traveller.

Thanks a million, justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Arobake: 10:27am On Apr 18, 2012
justwise:

@justwise: Thanks a million, justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2012
Arobake:

@justwise: Thanks a million, justwise.

No worries, when you are ready to apply and confused about anything come here and ask questions, people will help you as much as possible.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kintolux: 11:13am On Apr 18, 2012
Hmm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknero488: 11:34am On Apr 18, 2012
franknero488: Please has any forex trader applied for uk tourist visa successfully before?
In the form, after I select self employed, it asks for " name of the company or organization you work for" but I don't have any company registered nor do I work for a company, I just trade forex through my broker.....so how do I fill this?

Also it is asking "what is your work address" but I trade forex at my house, since all I need a functional computer and Internet access

Also " what are your employers telephone number and email address" do I put my broker's details or leave them blank, please I need someone that has successfully applied for a uk visa and trades forex as his occupation.

Finally is forex trading tax free in Nigeria? If so can someone give me a link where it was clearly stated

Thanks

Please I need answers to my questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
@justwise tanks so much, but pls can u help me wit dere phone number, am rilly worried cos my skul Wil b resuming on d 23 of April ad den d close date Wil b on d 25 may, do u Tink I need an extension letter, tanks ad God bless as u answer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2012
cynthykay: @justwise tanks so much, but pls can u help me wit dere phone number, am rilly worried cos my skul Wil b resuming on d 23 of April ad den d close date Wil b on d 25 may, do u Tink I need an extension letter, tanks ad God bless as u answer

Check this website for their contact details http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/find-an-embassy/sub-saharan-africa/deputy-high-commission-lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Arobake: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
franknero488:

To start with, you could download the Guidance Notes and read through. You just say self employed and put your phone number and email addr. where appropriate. I think an important doc here would be your tax clearance. And it could be in your name.

Start by reading the g notes and I'm sure somebdy else will come along here and supply more info regarding your question.
Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknero488: 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2012
Arobake:

To start with, you could download the Guidance Notes and read through. You just say self employed and put your phone number and email addr. where appropriate. I think an important doc here would be your tax clearance. And it could be in your name.

Start by reading the g notes and I'm sure somebdy else will come along here and supply more info regarding your question.
Good luck.

Thanks, but I had already downloaded the guidance notes and read it properly before making my initial post. The guidance notes was not explanatory on work at home/ self employed people....more on people who are employed. That is why I wanted anyone who is self-employed or a work at home person and had applied successfully for a vistor visa to guide me, so I don't make any mistake in my application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kenkenny1: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2012
@justwise,U r a wonderful gift 2 ya generation. I see how helpful u ve bn 2 many pple. As for m,i am interested in working in d UK. No travelling experience at all. How do i go about it? Your answer will b a great relieve. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kenkenny1: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2012
@justwise,some1 told m about dubai employment visa. Pls what do you know about it? How is d place? Hoping 2 hear from you soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ken kenny: @justwise,some1 told m about dubai employment visa. Pls what do you know about it? How is d place? Hoping 2 hear from you soon.

There are alot of threads here about Dubai employment and i will past as much as i get for you to read and make your choice BUT don't waste your money on any agent.

https://www.nairaland.com/230254/dubai-visa-change

https://www.nairaland.com/700197/dubai-employment-visa

https://www.nairaland.com/492995/shocking-article-about-dubai/1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ken kenny: @justwise,U r a wonderful gift 2 ya generation. I see how helpful u ve bn 2 many pple. As for m,i am interested in working in d UK. No travelling experience at all. How do i go about it? Your answer will b a great relieve. Thanks.

If you don't have work permit or going to the UK with student visa then working legally in the UK is close to impossible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknero488: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
franknero488:

Anyone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.