Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,668 members, 7,770,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:04 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976176 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
nico11: @juStwise please I need your contact number

You can contact me through my email address.

nico11: Please what document do I need to obtain visiting VIsa in UK Embassy
[quote author=nico11]

Check this thread very well, that question has been answered many times here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peter2010(m): 12:57am On Mar 31, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,
I have got an urgent visa issue which I will like the immigration experts in the house to help me out on it. The issue is about one of my brothers and it is narrated below, please study carefully and give neccessary response for the solution, thanks.
It all started in year 2007 when my brother got a UK Working Holiday 2 years visa, he travelled to London, England in April, 2007 and stayed for a year before returning to Nigeria. He later travelled back to UK after spending a month and resigning from work in Nigeria, still with a valid visa that covered 2 years. He resigned from work in Nigeria due to the fact that he had gained a temporary employment in UK. In 2008, his employer in UK started processing his work permit for him, and with all the efforts of the employer, the UK Boarder Agency issued my brother an 18 months initial work permit in February, 2009. But he was asked to come back to Nigeria to apply for entry clearance before he could actually use the work permit because he got the work permit on non shortage occupation. Since he has a month left on his valid visa, he decided to come home and apply for the entry clearance so that he could validate the work permit. So he came back to Nigeria for the second time in March, 2009 and applied for the entry clearance. The visa was refused by the ECO, from the refusal letter, they claimed they called the UK employer and he didnt give them satisfactory response, so they were nt sure if the employment was real. When he got the refusal letter, he called the employer and the employer confirmed someone called him but he only told the person to call him back, because where he was at that moment of call, was noisy. By this time He got 4 days left on his UK Visa before it expired, so he tried to travel after making enquiries at the airport if he could still do so. But his mission for travelling was to pack his things to storage house and discuss further with his UK Employer. Unfortunately, he was turned back at the Heathrow Airport, they said he could not use the remaining days on the visa to do what he intended to do, so they cancelled the visa and sent him back to Nigeria.

To cut the story short, after returning back to Nigeria, my brother applied for visa again due to the advise of one immigration lawyer in lagos. The visa was refused for the second time with the same old reason that they were nt satisfy with the response of the employer. He instructed the lagos lawyer to file an appeal for him after the second refusal but the lawyer absconded with the money given to him for that purpose and he didnt file any appeal which he didnt inform my brother until after the appeal time limit had elapsed. My brother decided to begin a new life in Lagos, He got a new job, which he was being paid N80,000 per month after a year of the second refusal and working in lagos, he applied for UK Visit visa again, this time around he was invited by a friend to come and spend his holiday in London which the friend would sponsor the trip. But he was refused again, the reason this time around was that they dont see some documents of the sponsor meanwhile everything was included in the document submitted. There was no option of appeal against the decision, administrative letter was written but they still upheld their decision. He applied for the 4th time as a visitor again after 3 months of the 3rd UK visa refusal, this time around he was refused based on the fact that they were nt sure if he would be able to sponsor himself for the trip and also if he would return back from UK. He had all the neccessary documents to get the visa but he was baffled with the resaon why they were refusing him. He decided to apply for Schengen visa, to go for an holiday in Paris, France where he had travelled to amongst other european countries like Belgium, Holland, Spain, Italy when he was still in UK in November, 2010 but he was refused on the basis that the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and intended stay was not reliable. He thought that there had been mistake somewhere he reapplied immediately but it was also refused based on the same initial decision. He sent documents to France for the appeal but till now they've never responded. He waited for another 6 months after the 4th UK Visa refusal, in March, 2011, he applied again, but this time around he was refused on a flimsy reason, that he didnt include document for where he will stay in UK meanwhile, his friend which was the sponsor would cater for the feeding and accommodation which his mortgage and other documents were included. He wrote again an Administrative review letter, but they still upheld their decision.

These has been his travel issues till date. But he has informed me now that after he had got a new job in May, 2011 and the salary is N150,000 per month, he wants to apply for UK visitor visa as a Tourist meaning, he will book for an hotel where he will stay for the duration of his 7 days stay in UK and also sight seeing amongst others. I really want your help on how he can go about applying this time around and the visa will be granted. I dont want him to be denied a visa again. He is well ok now in Lagos, he is about to get married and also about to complete his building. He just want to go outside of Nigeria to europe for his holiday at work. YOUR CANDID ADVICE ASAP WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED. THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:31am On Mar 31, 2012
peter2010: Hello Nairalanders,
I have got an urgent visa issue which I will like the immigration experts in the house to help me out on it. The issue is about one of my brothers and it is narrated below, please study carefully and give neccessary response for the solution, thanks.
It all started in year 2007 when my brother got a UK Working Holiday 2 years visa, he travelled to London, England in April, 2007 and stayed for a year before returning to Nigeria. He later travelled back to UK after spending a month and resigning from work in Nigeria, still with a valid visa that covered 2 years. He resigned from work in Nigeria due to the fact that he had gained a temporary employment in UK. In 2008, his employer in UK started processing his work permit for him, and with all the efforts of the employer, the UK Boarder Agency issued my brother an 18 months initial work permit in February, 2009. But he was asked to come back to Nigeria to apply for entry clearance before he could actually use the work permit because he got the work permit on non shortage occupation. Since he has a month left on his valid visa, he decided to come home and apply for the entry clearance so that he could validate the work permit. So he came back to Nigeria for the second time in March, 2009 and applied for the entry clearance. The visa was refused by the ECO, from the refusal letter, they claimed they called the UK employer and he didnt give them satisfactory response, so they were nt sure if the employment was real. When he got the refusal letter, he called the employer and the employer confirmed someone called him but he only told the person to call him back, because where he was at that moment of call, was noisy. By this time He got 4 days left on his UK Visa before it expired, so he tried to travel after making enquiries at the airport if he could still do so. But his mission for travelling was to pack his things to storage house and discuss further with his UK Employer. Unfortunately, he was turned back at the Heathrow Airport, they said he could not use the remaining days on the visa to do what he intended to do, so they cancelled the visa and sent him back to Nigeria.

To cut the story short, after returning back to Nigeria, my brother applied for visa again due to the advise of one immigration lawyer in lagos. The visa was refused for the second time with the same old reason that they were nt satisfy with the response of the employer. He instructed the lagos lawyer to file an appeal for him after the second refusal but the lawyer absconded with the money given to him for that purpose and he didnt file any appeal which he didnt inform my brother until after the appeal time limit had elapsed. My brother decided to begin a new life in Lagos, He got a new job, which he was being paid N80,000 per month after a year of the second refusal and working in lagos, he applied for UK Visit visa again, this time around he was invited by a friend to come and spend his holiday in London which the friend would sponsor the trip. But he was refused again, the reason this time around was that they dont see some documents of the sponsor meanwhile everything was included in the document submitted. There was no option of appeal against the decision, administrative letter was written but they still upheld their decision. He applied for the 4th time as a visitor again after 3 months of the 3rd UK visa refusal, this time around he was refused based on the fact that they were nt sure if he would be able to sponsor himself for the trip and also if he would return back from UK. He had all the neccessary documents to get the visa but he was baffled with the resaon why they were refusing him. He decided to apply for Schengen visa, to go for an holiday in Paris, France where he had travelled to amongst other european countries like Belgium, Holland, Spain, Italy when he was still in UK in November, 2010 but he was refused on the basis that the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and intended stay was not reliable. He thought that there had been mistake somewhere he reapplied immediately but it was also refused based on the same initial decision. He sent documents to France for the appeal but till now they've never responded. He waited for another 6 months after the 4th UK Visa refusal, in March, 2011, he applied again, but this time around he was refused on a flimsy reason, that he didnt include document for where he will stay in UK meanwhile, his friend which was the sponsor would cater for the feeding and accommodation which his mortgage and other documents were included. He wrote again an Administrative review letter, but they still upheld their decision.

These has been his travel issues till date. But he has informed me now that after he had got a new job in May, 2011 and the salary is N150,000 per month, he wants to apply for UK visitor visa as a Tourist meaning, he will book for an hotel where he will stay for the duration of his 7 days stay in UK and also sight seeing amongst others. I really want your help on how he can go about applying this time around and the visa will be granted. I dont want him to be denied a visa again. He is well ok now in Lagos, he is about to get married and also about to complete his building. He just want to go outside of Nigeria to europe for his holiday at work. YOUR CANDID ADVICE ASAP WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED. THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN.

To start with, 2yrs working holiday visa is not renewable in the UK and you are not allowed to work for 2yrs, its one yr work then one yr holiday, if you go against that rule then its deportation if caught and will not be issued working visa again for a long time.

Your brother claimed that he was issued 18 months initial work permit and at the same time was asked to go back to Nigeria to apply for entry clearance, that is not true because work permit is visa, if he was issued work permit in the UK then there is absolutely no need to return to Nigeria to apply for another [/b]visa, again [b]entry clearance is another name for visa.

Your brother has wasted his money applying for visa after so many refusals and sadly he will be refused again and again if he applies again because he just proved to UKBA that he is so desperate to live Nigeria in the name of going on holiday.

If your brother want to stand a chance of getting a visa again let him stop applying for UK visa for at least 2yrs and concentrate on building a strong tie to Nigeria, he can do this by. . . getting married, having kids, getting more yrs in his employment history, building a strong financial base else he will be wasting more money if he applies again.

Sorry that may sound too hash but it has to be said
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vgbg88: 7:34am On Mar 31, 2012
Hello @justwise i jus sent u an email-pls check thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AbleGod2: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2012
I just recently completed my education with the Uni of east London Malaysia branch, i studied business management as a full time course for 3years and now that am done with my program i wished to do my convocation in the UK by October and therefore i will like to see the main head school of UEL in London where i finished in Malaysia and i will also like to see how London looks like for the first time, i want to see the lifestyle and cultures of the British. Please can someone tell me the documentation i need obtain a visa and i will also like to know if am going to need a student visa or other types of visa. Can I have a proper clear breakdown on getting a visa? God bless you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chelseabmw(m): 8:42am On Apr 01, 2012
Hey Guys
A friend of mine just graduated from the university last year though he has not gotten his result yet.He intend to travel to England by July.He does not have any source of income yet(Fresh Graduate) but he wants either a tourist visa or a visitor's visa.Please what document does he need and what are the requirements.Please tell me what he needs to know.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Apr 01, 2012
chelseabmw: Hey Guys
A friend of mine just graduated from the university last year though he has not gotten his result yet.He intend to travel to England by July.He does not have any source of income yet(Fresh Graduated) but he wants either a tourist visa or a visitor's visa.Please what document does he need and what are the requirements.Please tell me what he needs to know.Thanks

That will be a problem, who will pay for the trip? Is somebody inviting him?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chelseabmw(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2012
He has a relation over there who will sponsor him
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Olaone1: 8:46am On Apr 02, 2012
Justwise, you need to tell me why you have hidden my replies to nwabobo but his insulting comments are still there - conspicuous!

I need answers. I am waiting . . .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2012
Ola one: Justwise, you need to tell me why you have hidden my replies to nwabobo but his insulting comments are still there - conspicuous!

I need answers. I am waiting . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-do/3#10511118
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Olaone1: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/894004/most-yoruba-leaders-ex-convicts

Thread started by a successful kidnapper called nwobobo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2012
Hello,

Good people of nairaland, does having a loan been debited from your salary account affect your chances of getting a visa?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:23am On Apr 02, 2012
chelseabmw: He has a relation over there who will sponsor him

In that case its 50/50 chances, the biggest prob he will have is to prove to the ECO that he will be coming back to Nigeria, its difficult to prove that when you are a fresh graduate with no job, not married or have a very strong tie to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:23am On Apr 02, 2012
babybird82: Hello,

Good people of nairaland, does having a loan been debited from your salary account affect your chances of getting a visa?
Thanks.

How much do you have left after the loan was debited?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2012
Every month i have about 28k debited from my salary account leaving me with almost 87k and the loan is still running. I have a savings account i also intend to use. I am using the salary account becauase i am employed and have to submit my pay slips.

Thanks for your quick response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
justwise:

Re-apply and address those issues raised by the ECO, explain why you have more money in your bank account than you earn through your salary.

Hello Everyone, I reapplied as advised by justwise and co and I finally got the visa.

Thank you all. I just have say that they are not always right and its good to hold your ground. cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2012
Pls justwise I needd ur help I submitted my toefl online print out result wit out writing my username ad password on it, hop its not goin 2 b a problem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2012
cynthykay: Pls justwise I needd ur help I submitted my toefl online print out result wit out writing my username ad password on it, hop its not goin 2 b a problem

If the print has all other details then it wouldn't be a prob.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2012
lankywizar:

Hello Everyone, I reapplied as advised by justwise and co and I finally got the visa.

Thank you all. I just have say that they are not always right and its good to hold your ground. cheesy

Congratulations!!! really happy for you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:58am On Apr 04, 2012
babybird82: Every month i have about 28k debited from my salary account leaving me with almost 87k and the loan is still running. I have a savings account i also intend to use. I am using the salary account becauase i am employed and have to submit my pay slips.

Thanks for your quick response.

Financially you are ok even with the money that goes out of your account monthly. Submit both accounts and that will strengthen your chances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by southprince(m): 8:42am On Apr 04, 2012
Hi all, am new here and I need your candid advice. Presently am living in naija and my dad's an eu citizen now currently based in the uk asked me to come to the uk with a student visa for my masters and he will regularize my stay by applying for EEA/Swiss nationale family member permit. Tho, I have tried applying as a visitor but unfortunately was denied based on the grounds that they were'nt sure I would return home after my visit, appealed since I was given full right of appeal but all to no avail. However, I went thru the ukba website and still can't see the possibility of him regularising my stay as a EEA/Swiss nationale family member since am way over 18yrs. I told him this and he said not to worry that an immigration lawyer assured him its possible. Now, my own is this; ofcourse I'd love to go but don't want to spend all that money to pay d fees only to return back home witot a promising job offer instead I'd rather he sent the money so I can start something tangible here unless am very sure my stay can be regularised with his present status as a permanent uk resident and eu citizen. kindly lemme no with facts if you agree with the immigration lawyer that regularising my stay as an EEA/Swiss nationale family member in d uk is possible. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 9:31am On Apr 04, 2012
@justwise tanks so much, pls I want 2 knw if evry oda tin I submitted is ok ad I applied on d 30th March wen do u Tink my application wiii be ready? Waiting 4 ur response, tanks ad God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2012
cynthykay: @justwise tanks so much, pls I want 2 knw if evry oda tin I submitted is ok ad I applied on d 30th March wen do u Tink my application wiii be ready? Waiting 4 ur response, tanks ad God bless.

What other things did you submit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by southprince(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2012
@ justwise and other experienced peeps in uk visa matters kindly respond to my post...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:07am On Apr 04, 2012
southprince: @ justwise and other experienced peeps in uk visa matters kindly respond to my post...thanks

Give me sometime, will post my reply soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by southprince(m): 11:12am On Apr 04, 2012
Hi all, am new here and I need your candid advice. Presently am living in naija and my dad's an eu citizen now currently based in the uk asked me to come to the uk with a student visa for my masters and he will regularize my stay by applying for EEA/Swiss nationale family member permit. Tho, I have tried applying as a visitor but unfortunately was denied based on the grounds that they were'nt sure I would return home after my visit, appealed since I was given full right of appeal but all to no avail. However, I went thru the ukba website and still can't see the possibility of him regularising my stay as a EEA/Swiss nationale family member since am way over 18yrs. I told him this and he said not to worry that an immigration lawyer assured him its possible. Now, my own is this; ofcourse I'd love to go but don't want to spend all that money to pay d fees only to return back home witot a promising job offer instead I'd rather he sent the money so I can start something tangible here unless am very sure my stay can be regularised with his present status as a permanent uk resident and eu citizen. kindly lemme no with facts if you agree with the immigration lawyer that regularising my stay as an EEA/Swiss nationale family member in d uk is possible. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by southprince(m): 11:14am On Apr 04, 2012
@justwise...thnx, am waiting.....every1's candid opinion is also welcomed..thnx all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2012
@justwise, I submitted my notification of result in diploma in psychology, ad my toefl result as stated in my cas ad a UBA statement of account showing DAT I hav 8000pounds in my Acc 4 28 days, my skul is queensbury college which is outside London so I believe DAT d money in my Acc will b ok 4 maintainance cos I paid my full skull fees, den I submitted on d 30th March 2012, so Wat do u Tink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2012
cynthykay: @justwise, I submitted my notification of result in diploma in psychology, ad my toefl result as stated in my cas ad a UBA statement of account showing DAT I hav 8000pounds in my Acc 4 28 days, my skul is queensbury college which is outside London so I believe DAT d money in my Acc will b ok 4 maintainance cos I paid my full skull fees, den I submitted on d 30th March 2012, so Wat do u Tink

What you submitted looks good, though the school is not ranked as 'Highly Trusted' by the UKBA, if you are given a visa you can change to a better ranked school after finishing the course you applied for with the current school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2012
southprince: Hi all, am new here and I need your candid advice. Presently am living in naija and my dad's an eu citizen now currently based in the uk asked me to come to the uk with a student visa for my masters and he will regularize my stay by applying for EEA/Swiss nationale family member permit. Tho, I have tried applying as a visitor but unfortunately was denied based on the grounds that they were'nt sure I would return home after my visit, appealed since I was given full right of appeal but all to no avail. However, I went thru the ukba website and still can't see the possibility of him regularising my stay as a EEA/Swiss nationale family member since am way over 18yrs. I told him this and he said not to worry that an immigration lawyer assured him its possible. Now, my own is this; ofcourse I'd love to go but don't want to spend all that money to pay d fees only to return back home witot a promising job offer instead I'd rather he sent the money so I can start something tangible here unless am very sure my stay can be regularised with his present status as a permanent uk resident and eu citizen. kindly lemme no with facts if you agree with the immigration lawyer that regularising my stay as an EEA/Swiss nationale family member in d uk is possible. Thanks

Did your Daddy include your name as one of his son(s) when he was applying for EU citizenship? Where were you born?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.