Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,560 members, 7,770,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:45 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976152 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by softtouch2(m): 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2012
Thanks justwise for all the advise. My family and I entered Uk early this week without any problem. While some were delayed to verify their submitted info, we were allowed to pass without any delay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 2:02pm On Apr 04, 2012
justwise:

Financially you are ok even with the money that goes out of your account monthly. Submit both accounts and that will strengthen your chances.

Thank you Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by southprince(m): 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
@justwise yes he did.....i was born in nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
southprince: @justwise yes he did.....i was born in nigeria

Then he can apply for you though it will take nothing less than 6months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 9:59pm On Apr 04, 2012
@justwise, tanks ad God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shineno: 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2012
I am planning to apply for visa for the olympic games and stay for 4 days. I am using a registered travel tour operator in nigeria and the package includes olympic tickets and flight tickets and they wrote me this

. A cover letter from the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) family as a member of the NOC family will be given to you .
A signed invitation letter from the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (LOCOG), confirming that it has invited you and you are eligible to apply 

Olympic/Paralympic: This page describes the documents that you should provide to support your application for a UK Visa. 

You must provide all of the following documents: 

1. A signed invitation letter from the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (LOCOG), confirming that it has invited you and you are eligible to apply 
(They will provide this) 

8. Details of flight bookings (They will provide this) 

9. Details of hotel OR evidence of place to stay while in the UK ( I will provide this) 

10. Evidence of your current employment, self-employment, other work or studies, or any other way you support yourself 

I 'm self employed and i trade stocks and forex, but the market can be drastic at times, so some times no active trading in months. I have been active in trading since late febuary till date, so practically i just have 3 months statement instead of 6 months.
I have no registered 

11. Evidence of Assets 

I just have stocks worth 1 million naira 

Bank statement: have about 1.5 million naira and have 6 months statement

13. Evidence of your total monthly income after tax from all types of work or other income-earning activities for six month (Pay slip) 

Just have 3 months and i used to save some money in my ecurrency account ( liberty reseve), but over the past months i have transfered the funds to my bank account through a ecurency exchanger
14. Tax clearance certificate 

None, because stock trading and forex trading are tax free, should i find a copy of the constitution or document and send it with my application?

15. Evidence to support your association with the Olympic or Paralympic activity for 

which you intend to come to the UK. (They will provide this)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shineno: 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
Have been refused a usa visa in the past, do i state this? Cos the details i used there was that i was married and had a kid....then i was ignorant and the agent said i should state this but now i want to use my real details which is unmarried and no kids, date of birth used then was real including my names
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2012
Goodday Good People grin,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2012
justwise:

Financially you are ok even with the money that goes out of your account monthly. Submit both accounts and that will strengthen your chances.

Justwise, please I sent you a PM.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lolatom: 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2012
Hey everybody,
I just got a UK visiting visa, I stated on my application that I would be travelling on the 17th of April to return on the 21st but I actually would like to travel on the 14th of april to return on the same 21st.
I wouldn't know if this would give me problems at the port of entry because I used a hotel reservation and not an invitation letter and the reservation clearly shows my bookings from the 17th to 21st.
Would you guys advice I travel on the 14th of april as against the 17th of april I stated on my application?
My visa was issued on the 28th of march.
I am counting on you guys for advice please.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2012
shineno: I am planning to apply for visa for the olympic games and stay for 4 days. I am using a registered travel tour operator in nigeria and the package includes olympic tickets and flight tickets and they wrote me this

. A cover letter from the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) family as a member of the NOC family will be given to you .
A signed invitation letter from the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (LOCOG), confirming that it has invited you and you are eligible to apply 

Olympic/Paralympic: This page describes the documents that you should provide to support your application for a UK Visa. 

You must provide all of the following documents: 

1. A signed invitation letter from the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (LOCOG), confirming that it has invited you and you are eligible to apply 
(They will provide this) 

8. Details of flight bookings (They will provide this) 

9. Details of hotel OR evidence of place to stay while in the UK ( I will provide this) 

10. Evidence of your current employment, self-employment, other work or studies, or any other way you support yourself 

I 'm self employed and i trade stocks and forex, but the market can be drastic at times, so some times no active trading in months. I have been active in trading since late febuary till date, so practically i just have 3 months statement instead of 6 months.
I have no registered 

11. Evidence of Assets 

I just have stocks worth 1 million naira 

Bank statement: have about 1.5 million naira and have 6 months statement

13. Evidence of your total monthly income after tax from all types of work or other income-earning activities for six month (Pay slip) 

Just have 3 months and i used to save some money in my ecurrency account ( liberty reseve), but over the past months i have transfered the funds to my bank account through a ecurency exchanger
14. Tax clearance certificate 

None, because stock trading and forex trading are tax free, should i find a copy of the constitution or document and send it with my application?

15. Evidence to support your association with the Olympic or Paralympic activity for 

which you intend to come to the UK. (They will provide this)

You are just about to be scammed, London Olympic committee is not sending you any IV, the invitation will only go out to Nigerian Olympic committee members who will be attending the Olympic and they are known already. The agent will only collect your money and you get nothing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lolatom: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2012
lolatom: Hey everybody,
I just got a UK visiting visa, I stated on my application that I would be travelling on the 17th of April to return on the 21st but I actually would like to travel on the 14th of april to return on the same 21st.
I wouldn't know if this would give me problems at the port of entry because I used a hotel reservation and not an invitation letter and the reservation clearly shows my bookings from the 17th to 21st.
Would you guys advice I travel on the 14th of april as against the 17th of april I stated on my application?
Thanks.

please someone should reply o.....
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lolatom: 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
Still waiting for responses .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mowaa: 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2012
justwise:

You are just about to be scammed, London Olympic committee is not sending you any IV, the invitation will only go out to Nigerian Olympic committee members who will be attending the Olympic and they are known already. The agent will only collect your money and you get nothing

It is not a scam. The tour operators are the only authorised ticket sellers in NIgeria it is Zeep Travel ( wakanow.com)
Click on the official london 2012 olympic website and click nigeria and you will see they are authorised

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/nocatr.html#africa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2012
shineno:

Did you read this part?^^^

mowaa:

It is not a scam. The tour operators are the only authorised ticket sellers in NIgeria it is Zeep Travel ( wakanow.com)
Click on the official london 2012 olympic website and click nigeria and you will see they are authorised

London Olympic committee will send a signed letter to an individual who is not originally part of Nigerian Olympic delegation,?

We are not talking about ticket here, the Olympic ticket thing and the signed invitation letter from London Olympic committee issue are the areas i questioned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lolatom: 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2012
Thanks.
. I'm still waiting for responses please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shineno: 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
mowaa:

Yes it is wakanow.com and i don't think it is a scam because they said in their terms and conditions

Wakanow is a private company and do not have authority to grant a visa of any kind. We cannot guarantee a positive result

on a visa application. The final decision on all applications rests with the relevant organization responsible for issuing that

result.

7. Wakanow cannot influence any decision made by an immigration authority; any delay by an immigration authority in the

issuing of a visa; or a decision to refuse to grant a visa.

On my application, they said this
When you buy a package, you will be covered under the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) family

Wakanow visa application obligation

1. We will provide a receipt confirming payment of your Olympic package once full payment is received. 2. A cover letter from the NOC as a member of the NOC family will be given to you 3. Wakanow.com London Organizing Committee of the Olympic games (LOCOG) letter as the exclusive Authorized Ticket Reseller in Nigeria 4. A signed invitation letter from the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (LOCOG), confirming that it has invited you and you are eligible to apply

But can we please treat my other concerns in bold because like my 3 months statement, what do i write as monthly income, since it varies, etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:05am On Apr 06, 2012
shineno:

Yes it is wakanow.com and i don't think it is a scam because they said in their terms and conditions

Wakanow is a private company and do not have authority to grant a visa of any kind. We cannot guarantee a positive result

on a visa application. The final decision on all applications rests with the relevant organization responsible for issuing that

result.

7. Wakanow cannot influence any decision made by an immigration authority; any delay by an immigration authority in the

issuing of a visa; or a decision to refuse to grant a visa.

On my application, they said this
When you buy a package, you will be covered under the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) family

Wakanow visa application obligation

1. We will provide a receipt confirming payment of your Olympic package once full payment is received. 2. A cover letter from the NOC as a member of the NOC family will be given to you 3. Wakanow.com London Organizing Committee of the Olympic games (LOCOG) letter as the exclusive Authorized Ticket Reseller in Nigeria 4. A signed invitation letter from the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (LOCOG), confirming that it has invited you and you are eligible to apply

But can we please treat my other concerns in bold because like my 3 months statement, what do i write as monthly income, since it varies, etc

I guess the question i want to ask is. . .are you supposed to pay tax from your Forex earnings? The moment you declare that you are self employed the attention will be shifted to tax clearance and your source of incomes, if you met those requirements then your chances of getting a visa is higher
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lolatom: 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
Thanks.

justwise and co, can u pls respond to this?
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lolatom: 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2012
lolatom:

thanks
make una respond abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jesemela: 8:32am On Apr 07, 2012
I submitted my visiting visa application on 7th of march 2012 and I haven't heard anything since then, what should I do, really confused. Does it take months to get a 6mnths visiting visa? I need ur urgent advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by menia: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2012
Jesemela: I submitted my visiting visa application on 7th of march 2012 and I haven't heard anything since then, what should I do, really confused. Does it take months to get a 6mnths visiting visa? I need ur urgent advise.
this is a busy period for the embassy.... if u r a first time applicant it can take up to 4-6weeks remember there was easter break. just be patient u will hear from them soon. all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by menia: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2012
[quote author=lolatom]

yes u can since ur visa was issued on the 28th march.... just make sure u change you hotel booking accordingly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by menia: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2012
lolatom:

thanks

yes u can since ur visa was issued on the 28th march.... just make sure u change your hotel booking accordingly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
@justwise,am still waiting 4 my visa I submitted on d 30th April ad my skul resumes on d 23 of April registration Wil end on d 25 may, pls I need ur advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2012
@justwise, sorry I meant 30th March
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
cynthykay: @justwise,am still waiting 4 my visa I submitted on d 30th April ad my skul resumes on d 23 of April registration Wil end on d 25 may, pls I need ur advice

You will probably get it this coming week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
@cynthykay What's the name of your school?,didn't know some schools had april start dates
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cynthykay: 9:12am On Apr 11, 2012
@justwise, tanks so much God bless, Wil keep u updated,@sir p, its Queensbury college
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by menia: 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
Visa application fees change on 6 April 2012

Consulate rate of exchange:
GBP1.00 = NGN270.00

General visitors Visa application fee

(NGN) Visa application guide
Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 21060 General visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 72900 General visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 133920 General visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 193320 General visitor

Business visitors Visa application fee

Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 21060 Business visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 72900 Business visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 133920 Business visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 193320 Business visitor
Academic visitor (up to 12 months) 21060 Business visitor
Clinical attachment, dental observation or PLAB test 21060 Business visitor
Diplomatic courier 21060

Entertainer visitors Visa application fee

Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 21060 Entertainer visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 72900 Entertainer visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 133920 Entertainer visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 193320 Entertainer visitor

Family visitors Visa application fee

Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 21060 Family visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 72900 Family visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 133920 Family visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 193320 Family visitor

Visitors for marriage or civil partnership Visa application fee

Marriage or civil partnership 21060 Visitor for marriage or civil partnership

Visitors for private medical treatment Visa application fee

Private medical treatment 21060 Visitor for private medical treatment

Student visitors and prospective students Visa application fee

Student visitor (up to 6 months) 21060 Student visitor
Student visitor - English language course (stay allowed for up to 11 months) 37800 Student visitor
Prospective student 21060 Prospective student

Parents of children at school Visa application fee

Parent of a child at school (up to 12 months) 72900 Parent of a child at school

Child visitors Visa application fee

Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 21060 Child visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 72900 Child visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 133920 Child visitor
Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 193320 Child visitor

Sports visitor Visa application fee

Olympic or Paralympic Games Family Member (LOCOG approved) 21060 Olympic/Paralympic Games visitor
Olympic or Paralympic Games Family Member (LOCOG approved) Free of charge Free of charge Olympic/Paralympic Games visitor
Sports visitor - short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry) 21060 Sports visitor
Sports visitor - longer-term (valid for up to 2 years) 72900 Sports visitor
Sports visitor - longer-term (valid for up to 5 years) 133920 Sports visitor
Sports visitor - longer-term (valid for up to 10 years) 193320 Sports visitor

Course F visitors Visa application fee

Course F 21060

Visitors in transit Visa application fee

Visitor in transit 14040 Visitor in transit

Refunds
The visa application fee reflects the administrative costs of processing an application. Your visa application fee will not be refunded unless:

you withdraw your application in writing before any processing takes place; or your biometric information has not been taken. We will not give refunds if we refuse your application, or if we grant a long-term visit visa for less than the period applied for.

If you would like to withdraw your application and have your visa fee refunded, please use our refund request form.
News & updates

Visa application fees change on 6 April 2012 This news link will open in the main UKBA website Changes to the Immigration Rules come into effect on 6 April 2012This news link will open in the main UKBA website Annual Tier 2 limit announcement This news link will open in the main UKBA website Premium service for sponsors - Tiers 2 and 5 launchedThis news link will open in the main UKBA website More news
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by saintkola(m): 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2012
Hello, i just wanna share my story.
Last september i was a final year student in a naija university & my sister sent me an invitation letter to come visit her in uk after my final exams.
It took my school 3 months to issue a letter identifying me as a student and I submitted the letter with my application on nov 30th.
The application was ready for collection in 12 days and it was refused for 2 reasons:
1. The ECO claimed i didn't provide my employment details and I clearly stated i was a student.
2. The ECO said I didn't provide any documentation from NYSC cos in my application, I said I would return for Nysc.
I had the right to appeal but I didn't cos an appeal takes 6months to process.

What I did was, I contacted a lawyer to draft a letter for me and in the letter I countered the ECO's reasons for refusing me entry clearance to the uk. I sent the letter to BDHC, lagos & forwaded a copy to their Maitama office and they acknowledged reciept of the letter.
I got a reply from them within a month asking me to go submit my passport and be issued a a visitor's visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2012
saintkola: Hello, i just wanna share my story.
Last september i was a final year student in a naija university & my sister sent me an invitation letter to come visit her in uk after my final exams.
It took my school 3 months to issue a letter identifying me as a student and I submitted the letter with my application on nov 30th.
The application was ready for collection in 12 days and it was refused for 2 reasons:
1. The ECO claimed i didn't provide my employment details and I clearly stated i was a student.
2. The ECO said I didn't provide any documentation from NYSC cos in my application, I said I would return for Nysc.
I had the right to appeal but I didn't cos an appeal takes 6months to process.

What I did was, I contacted a lawyer to draft a letter for me and in the letter I countered the ECO's reasons for refusing me entry clearance to the uk. I sent the letter to BDHC, lagos & forwaded a copy to their Maitama office and they acknowledged reciept of the letter.
I got a reply from them within a month asking me to go submit my passport and be issued a a visitor's visa.

Others may believe your story but i don't.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.