Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982339 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
JADESOLA15: Hey Guys, good job you guys are doing here. I need you guys help asap. Im applying for UK visa and my employer is sponsoring me to UK as the Best Outstanding Member of Staff 2013. I have the following Documents:
1. Letter of Commendation personally signed by the Chairman congratulating me for the award of best staff
2. Certificate of Award signed by the General Manager
3. Letter of Employment
4. Salary Increment and Notice of Benefits(an official car, Ipad and Blackberry Phone, 5000naira recharge card, subsidized house rent of 300k yearly
5. Letter of Introduction stating that the company is sponsoring my trip to Uk as the best staff 2013, also stating that 6 different account of the company is attached to the application.
6. All my employer/Company Reg Documents, and Tax Clearance Cert
7. UK Visa Page of 10yrs of The Chairman
8. My Marriage Cert/Wedding Pictures/Naming Pictures/Birth cert of my daughter etc
9. Hotel reservation in sheraton
10 My wife letter of appointment, and offer/NHIS Enrollment form
Concerns:
This is my issue, My Take home is just 78k, because I have official car fuel by the Company(Full Tank every week), subsidized rent of 300k.
My old salary was 55k plus after tax, and it shows on my salary account. I presently dont have a dime in this account as I used all to set up a small business.

I have a personal GTB account that I can not explain different logdements and the inflow and out flow cos of the way my clients(outside jobs) pay me and the little business that I do and some supplies that i do outside office hours, even though I dont have a dime inside too. the logdements always comes in lump sum and leaves in lump sum to settle workers etc

I used all my savings to set up a small salon in my area, and it has not started bringing returns. The salon is not registered but I have insurance policy for it.

Now, in my application im filling online presently, I said i dont have any savings at all and that I spent around 115pounds on living expenses monthly.

Someone said i should not bother including my GTB statement of Account. I also said I have around 1200GBP for flights, Ticket trains etc, another 625GBP for accomadation, and another 220GBP for living cost and another 1000GBP as what I have for the trip totaling: 3024GBP. The expenses will be funded by my company.

Another friend ask me to tell my employer to pay the total cost of the trip into my salary account and state it in my personal statement. Is this right?

Pls guys help me out on this, im confused.

Thanks

The question is this, what are my chances of getting a tourist visa

1. You don't need those in bold.

2. How much do you have in your account now?

3. Are you married with kids?

4. Is your company paying for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
khadeb: Pls house, how much is the application fee for a tier 2 uk visa?

See my attachment

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
Danito2: Hello guys ..pls i am a secondary sch student and wanna visit my friend in uk,i got refuse two months ago because the embassy said they didnt see the origin of my fathers money in this accounts so they not satisfy that he can sponser me.pls am applying again can my uncle be my sponser this time?my uncle just got redunancy and he is no more working at gold mining compnay buh have alot of money in this accounts,how will i make it if they ask me what work is ur uncle doing?should i say he is still a miner ?or i shuld say hes retire?and if retire what documents should i need from my uncle together with is working id card and this bank statement and paysli?what else should i collect from my uncle.pls guy i trust u do well and answer me inoo details for me to understand.xx

Do you work, own a business or a student?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sisit: 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=sisit]Has anyone submitted their application @ teleperformance VI of recent? Really need to know how long the processing took.Submitted for renewal on 10th july and yet to hear from them and their website for tracking is not functional.Really worried cos i av my us interview on the 7th. I really need to hear somthing positive.Many thanks[/quote

Can someone pls assist with a response?....anyone?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

1. You don't need those in bold.

2. How much do you have in your account now?

3. Are you married with kids?

4. Is your company paying for the trip?

@Justwise, Thanks so much.

1. ok
2. With all honesty, i dont have a dime in my salary account until they pay my salary this week which is 55,686.50naira only, while my GTB account is empty except for the money someone owed me since last year that he just gave me yesterday that I might pay into the GTB account but im scared of saying i logde money for the purpose of getting Visa.
3. im married and i have a child that arrived in March 15th 2014, got married last year February.
4. My company is funding all the trip(I have Company GTB, Zenith Bank, Ecobank and Standard Chartered Bank Statements(Naira, GBP, Euro and USD) that has been given to me already.

What do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
JADESOLA15:

1. ok
2. With all honesty, i dont have a dime in my salary account until they pay my salary this week which is 55,686.50naira only, while my GTB account is empty except for the money someone owed me since last year that he just gave me yesterday that I might pay into the GTB account but im scared of saying i logde money for the purpose of getting Visa.
3. im married and i have a child that arrived in March 15th 2014, got married last year February.
4. My company is funding all the trip(I have Company GTB, Zenith Bank, Ecobank and Standard Chartered Bank Statements(Naira, GBP, Euro and USD) that has been given to me already.

What do you think?

I forgot to say the money someone owed me is 250k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
@justwise pls my email havnt been ansawer yet bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
JADESOLA15:

1. ok
What do you think?

If i were the ECO i will not give you a visa. You are a young family with a new born baby, not much in your account, rather than traveling to the UK alone to spend the 'gift' from your company taking the cash for you and your family would have been more appropriate.
Any way that is my silly personal opinion.

Back to your traveling issue..... you need to make a budget of how you are going to spend the money from your company....flight, accommodation, transport, feeding and things you tend to do in the UK.

Though because of your personal financial situation getting a visa may be a tall order
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Danito2: @justwise pls my email havnt been ansawer yet bro

When did you send the email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 10:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

If i were the ECO i will not give you a visa. You are a young family with a new born baby, not much in your account, rather than traveling to the UK alone to spend the 'gift' from your company taking the cash for you and your family would have been more appropriate.
Any way that is my silly personal opinion.

Back to your traveling issue..... you need to make a budget of how you are going to spend the money from your company....flight, accommodation, transport, feeding and things you tend to do in the UK.

Though because of your personal financial situation getting a visa may be a tall order

@justwise, Thanks so much, I. Appreciate. You just confirmed my fears by your last statement and your banter about the gift.

Meanwhile, does personal financial situation matters in business visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
JADESOLA15:

@justwise, Thanks so much, I. Appreciate. You just confirmed my fears by your last statement and your banter about the gift.

Meanwhile, does personal financial situation matters in business visa?

It does.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
JADESOLA15: Hey guys...
... UK visa and my employer is sponsoring me to UK as the Best Outstanding Member of Staff 2013. I have the following Documents:
7. UK Visa Page of 10yrs of The Chairman---> NOT SURE WHY YOU NEED THIS ...
10 My wife letter of appointment, and offer/NHIS Enrollment form---> NOT SURE WHY YOU NEED THIS
Concerns:
"This is my issue, My Take home is just 78k, ... I presently dont have a dime in this account as I used all to set up a small business."
---> YOU CAN EXPLAIN THIS IN YOUR FORM, i.e "AT THE MOMENT, I AM IN THE PROCESS OF SETTING UP A SMALL-SCALE BUSINESS, AND WITH MY MONTHLY EARNINGS, HENCE THE LOW ACCOUNT BALANCE IN STATEMENT PROVIDED"

"I have a personal GTB account that I can not explain different logdements and the inflow and out flow cos of the way my clients(outside jobs) pay me and the little business that I do ..."
---> YOUVE JUST EXPLAINED HOW THE ORIGIN AND PURPOSE OF THE FUNDS IN YOUR ACCOUNT SO YOU SHOULDNT HAVE PROBS SUMMARISING THAT IN YOUR FORM. THIS IS IMPORTANT

"I used all my savings to set up a small salon in my area..."
---> YOU CAN EXPLAIN THAT AS WELL AND INCLUDE THE "INSURANCE POLICY" TO SUPPORT THIS. (also consider registering your business name -if you already haven't- and include it as well)

"Now, in my application im filling online presently, I said i dont have any savings at all ..."
---> WHAT ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS? THAT COULD ALSO ACT AS A REASON FOR YOU TO RETURN AKA TIE TO NIGERIA (IMO, eventhough u present a picture like you "are into your job", your salary seems minute to convince the ECO that your job is actually a STRONG TIE) ]

"Someone said i should not bother including my GTB statement of Account."
---> I WOULD SAY INCLUDE IT. COS IT CAN SUPPORT YOUR SME BUSINESS CLAIM, IF YOU SHOULD DO AS SUGGESTED ABOVE

"I also said I have around 1200GBP for flights, Ticket trains etc, another 625GBP for accomadation, and another 220GBP for living cost and another 1000GBP as what I have for the trip totaling: 3024GBP. ..."
---> shocked shocked shocked SORRY, I CHOKED ON THOSE UNDERLINED FIGURES...

"Another friend ask me to tell my employer to pay the total cost of the trip ..."
---> THIS CAN ALSO WORK...

"The question is this, what are my chances of getting a tourist visa"

GOT SOME OTHER CONCERNS...
* What would you be doing in the UK when you travel? (What's your itinerary? You didn't include that. You still need to show how u intend to spend d days of ur stay in uk)
* proof of salary ie Payslips
* I'm just a bit curious, how come your coy will spend apprx £3000 for you on a tour trip? I know you've "been awarded best ov'all staff" but then, how do you explain that a £3k trip to UK is your "gift"? It's well over 1000% of your income. But guess what, my thoughts doesn't matter because, hey, I'm NOT The ECO neither do we share the same thoughts all the time.
* Are you the first staff getting such a bounty from your coy? Can be helpful if your coy gives this sort of bounty to its other staff and you can include this history to further support your app.

These are just my opinions and doesn't reflect that of the ECO. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 12:11am On Aug 04, 2014
Pls am a student
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 12:12am On Aug 04, 2014
Pls am a student in secondary sch.shs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tounshow: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
[quote author=sisit][/quote]Yes...submitted mine with husband and kid on 4th of july...Went there just now...still not out..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LadyWolfe: 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hello Justwise and all contributors,

My family visit visa was refused, along with my husband. Cited cases of cash lodgement and that we didnt show evidence that we could fund the trip (we both earn close to 750k permonth).

I save money is another account seperate from my salary account, I guess I failed to explain that.

How soon can we re-apply if we wish to address the issues raised by the ECO; or how do we request for administrative review?

Our planned holiday is in October.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
LadyWolfe: Hello Justwise and all contributors,

My family visit visa was refused, along with my husband. Cited cases of cash lodgement and that we didnt show evidence that we could fund the trip (we both earn close to 750k permonth).

I save money is another account seperate from my salary account, I guess I failed to explain that.

How soon can we re-apply if we wish to address the issues raised by the ECO; or how do we request for administrative review?

If you really wanna go in Oct, I would suggest you don't bother bout admin review cos it would take nothing less than 2 weeks for a response and analysis of previous decision made.

You can reapply as soon as you have your documents ready, and have corrected the issues addressed in your refusal letter, plus any other possible reason for another refusal. So in essence, I'm saying if you are very prepared, you can reapply today. It's all about preparedness than cooling-off period, if you see what I mean.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LadyWolfe: 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
3sha4lyf:

If you really wanna go in Oct, I would suggest you don't bother bout admin review cos it would take nothing less than 2 weeks for a response and analysis of previous decision made.

You can reapply as soon as you have your documents ready, and have corrected the issues addressed in your refusal letter, plus any other possible reason for another refusal. So in essence, I'm saying if you are very prepared, you can reapply today. It's all about preparedness than cooling-off period, if you see what I mean.

All the best.

Thanks 3sha4lyf

We can actually re-apply immediately using the same documents I dont know if its allowed to do so. All we may be adding is a cover note to address the concerns raised. Would this work or are we required to submit new letters of introduction and bank statements? The large cash sums are our upfront payments and movement of money from my salary account to a savings account with another bank.

Any advice?

Justwise, your input also will be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
LadyWolfe: Hello Justwise and all contributors,

Can you list those documents you submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
LadyWolfe:

Thanks 3sha4lyf

We can actually re-apply immediately using the same documents I dont know if its allowed to do so. All we may be adding is a cover note to address the concerns raised. Would this work or are we required to submit new letters of introduction and bank statements? The large cash sums are our upfront payments and movement of money from my salary account to a savings account with another bank.

Any advice?

Justwise, your input also will be appreciated

Yeah you can resubmit some of them like bank statements, letter from employer or introduction etc, as long as they are dated within 28days (which may be unlikely following the visa app duration in Nigeria), otherwise get an update.
You can list dem out here for more assistance from others.
Remember to put down some bullet points in the "additional info to be considered" section, and then refer then to your cover letter where you've elaborated them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sisit: 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tounshow: 12:25pm
[quote author=sisit][/quote]Yes...submitted mine with husband and kid on 4th of july...Went there just now...still not out..
(Quote) (Report) (Like

Thanks a lot for your response.U just confirmed my fear that I would not be able to make Thur's'interview....Were you given any particular reason for the delay?...Never experienced such long wait time before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by khadeb: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
justwise:

See my attachment
Thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sapienman(m): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hi guys, how's everyone doing?

Uhm, I wanna apply for an international passport. I'm at school so I don't really have much time to go to the capital of the state where I stay. So I wanna get as much info as possible.

Uhm,
1. How much does it cost to apply for a passport?

2. How long does it take after application, to have it ready?

I'll really really appreciate answers to my enquiries.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 12:09am On Aug 05, 2014
I posted in this site last year about my wife visiting visa that was refuse because the eco could not verify her letter from university and i tikd the case to court on the bade of human right. Just to update the house the appeal was head in the 8 july and we got the reply from the court that our appeal has be allowaned meaning we won tge case and now we are expecting enbassy to issue the visa to my wife. But i have one challange i have apply for british passport for my twins babies but the passport is is taking too long tp process can i apply for visiting visa for the twins the twins are 6months. I am british and the qualify the twins to be a british citizen. How do i go about the visa? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2014
sapienman: Hi guys, how's everyone doing?

Uhm, I wanna apply for an international passport. I'm at school so I don't really have much time to go to the capital of the state where I stay. So I wanna get as much info as possible.

Uhm,
1. How much does it cost to apply for a passport?

2. How long does it take after application, to have it ready?

I'll really really appreciate answers to my enquiries.

Thanks.

1. 20,000 Naira

2. Same day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LadyWolfe: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
justwise:

Can you list those documents you submitted?

Documents submitted included:
Introduction letters for self and spouse from work
Payslips
Bank statements
Salary breakdown (to show monthly, quarterly and upfront payments)
Travel Itinerary (included places to visit, cost breakdown for entire trip)
Invitation letter from hubby's sister &husband
Property tax bill (dont recal what its called again)
Bank statements of inviter
Marriage certificates
Birth certificates (to show relationship between spouse and inviter)
An attestation sheet showing list of docs

Of the 8 deposits (from Jan 2014) that they stated have unknown origin, 4 are upfront payments from work, 3 are ajo contributions and 1 is a credit I received from a collegue who needed help in online purchase using my credit card.

My husband's single lump sum is also from work.

I have been to US, SA and europe (never breached visa terms) while my husband studied in SA. I was previoulsy denied a UK visa last year (around d time the UK soldier was stabbed by our nigerian/uk brother). I know emotions were high so I didnt say anything. But i stronlgy believe this denial was unjustifiable.

Several mistakes were made in the refusal notice:
wrong date of birth (my hubby's date of birth was quoted for me)
wrong conversion rates (1.5m was quoted as 1777pounds)

What would you advise as next steps?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
LadyWolfe:

Documents submitted included:
Introduction letters for self and spouse from work
Payslips
Bank statements
Salary breakdown (to show monthly, quarterly and upfront payments)
Travel Itinerary (included places to visit, cost breakdown for entire trip)
Invitation letter from hubby's sister &husband
Property tax bill (dont recal what its called again)
Bank statements of inviter
Marriage certificates
Birth certificates (to show relationship between spouse and inviter)
An attestation sheet showing list of docs

Of the 8 deposits (from Jan 2014) that they stated have unknown origin, 4 are upfront payments from work, 3 are ajo contributions and 1 is a credit I received from a collegue who needed help in online purchase using my credit card.

My husband's single lump sum is also from work.

I have been to US, SA and europe (never breached visa terms) while my husband studied in SA. I was previoulsy denied a UK visa last year (around d time the UK soldier was stabbed by our nigerian/uk brother). I know emotions were high so I didnt say anything. But i stronlgy believe this denial was unjustifiable.

Several mistakes were made in the refusal notice:
wrong date of birth (my hubby's date of birth was quoted for me)
wrong conversion rates (1.5m was quoted as 1777pounds)

What would you advise as next steps?

Was that the only reason for the refusal and did you declare the visa refusal last year?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LadyWolfe: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
justwise:

Was that the only reason for the refusal and did you declare the visa refusal last year?

I certainly declared the refusal of last year and even explained improvement in circumstance (ie promotion and travel to US and Europe on official assignment).

The only reasons for refusal were the deposits to my account and a comment they had already refused my husband for lack of funds. Our balances combined were almost 3m. Turnover on the accounts were almost double as most of our allowances are paid upfron early in the year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
]I posted in this site last year about my wife visiting visa that was refuse because the eco could not verify her letter from university and i tikd the case to court on the bade of human right. Just to update the house the appeal was head in the 8 july and we got the reply from the court that our appeal has be allowaned meaning we won tge case and now we are expecting enbassy to issue the visa to my wife. But i have one challange i have apply for british passport for my twins babies but the passport is is taking too long tp process can i apply for visiting visa for the twins the twins are 6months. I am british and the qualify the twins to be a british citizen. How do i go about the visa? Thanks[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
LadyWolfe:

I certainly declared the refusal of last year and even explained improvement in circumstance (ie promotion and travel to US and Europe on official assignment).

The only reasons for refusal were the deposits to my account and a comment they had already refused my husband for lack of funds. Our balances combined were almost 3m. Turnover on the accounts were almost double as most of our allowances are paid upfron early in the year.

Then you can reply anytime and take your time to explain the deposits in your account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
LadyWolfe:

If you would, reapply ASAP, now its still fresh in their memory. Just update your outdated documents, prepare all other details and cover loop holes, and on your cover letter, address the issues raised and state that you have provided further details on the said alien transactions made in your accounts.

Just as you have explained it here, put it down der. It's not gonna be a problem. They only wanna be sure u didn't do money lodgement and like i always suggest, if you are making applications and prior to then you recently had new payment habits in your supporting account(s) be sure to minute down on your form the reason for the new trend of money flow in the account cos it can easily be taken as money lodgement.

Nothing wrong with you purchasing stuffs for people and them crediting your account, it just needs to be delineated.

Another thing,and this is IMO and has worked, don't put figures in your itinerary. Just put a schedule of your activities you can take this or Diss it.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
nickson03: ]I posted in this site last year about my wife visiting visa that was refuse because the eco could not verify her letter from university and i tikd the case to court on the bade of human right. Just to update the house the appeal was head in the 8 july and we got the reply from the court that our appeal has be allowaned meaning we won tge case and now we are expecting enbassy to issue the visa to my wife. But i have one challange i have apply for british p[b]assport for my twins babies but the passport is is taking too long tp process can i apply for visiting visa for the twins the twins are 6months. I am british and the qualify the twins to be a british citizen. How do i go about the visa? Thanks
[/b]

Since they are British citizens and you have applied for passport for them...there is no need for visa application as they don't need a visa to visit the UK. You have to wait for their passport application to be resolved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.