Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,472 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:18 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976129 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

That will not work out then, it will eat up your leave period.

You can leave it for next leave, you are now in better position to know how to deal with next application.

The crowd thing is normal at this time of the year, summer time is always busy for travelers and embassies.

What if I can get my leave moved to a month from now? Besides I'm not sure I would even want to go to U.K. By next leave, I have a different country in mind for next year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
kaykay05:

What if I can get my leave moved to a month from now? Besides I'm not sure I would even want to go to U.K. By next leave, I have a different country in mind for next year.

Will that not look suspicious? Since you have submitted one leave letter already.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

Will that not look suspicious? Since you have submitted one leave letter already.

Well, I'm thinking I'd state it there that because of my visa refusal I applied for my leave to be moved a month ahead so that I can have time to reapply. Pls what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
kaykay05:

Well, I'm thinking I'd state it there that because of my visa refusal I applied for my leave to be moved a month ahead so that I can have time to reapply. Pls what do you think?

I see the sense in that, but remember to back all that up with a letter from your parents....that they have accepted moving your leave to next month....etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

I see the sense in that, but remember to back all that up with a letter from your parents....that they have accepted moving your leave to next month....etc

I will, thanks a lot for the insights. I'd get back to this thread to share the outcome of my reapplication. I'm hoping for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
kaykay05:

I will, thanks a lot for the insights. I'd get back to this thread to share the outcome of my reapplication. I'm hoping for the best.

Same here.

Take your time and answer every single refusal point with details and back it up with letter from your parents written in company's letterhead.

Don't forget to make a list of places you wish to visit in the UK

All the very best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peaky: 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
sir, my inquiry goes to Professor justwise. My younger (Biodun) who is 24 years of age working with a a reputable company seeking for travel advice from you. he earns 125,000 per month and has about 700,000 as balance. He is interested in spending his next vacation in the UK. He knows nobody in the UK. What are the chances of obtaining the visa. We need your wealth of advice because he is a first timer and has no tie in Nigeria except his job.

What are the documents to present and hope the 700k not too small for the vacation?

Expecting your response soon sir.

Best regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
peaky: sir, my inquiry goes to Professor justwise. My younger (Biodun) who is 24 years of age working with a a reputable company seeking for travel advice from you. he earns 125,000 per month and has about 700,000 as balance. He is interested in spending his next vacation in the UK. He knows nobody in the UK. What are the chances of obtaining the visa. We need your wealth of advice because he is a first timer and has no tie in Nigeria except his job.

What are the documents to present and hope the 700k not too small for the vacation?

Best regards.

Professor? lol

When is his vacation and which city in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
peaky: sir, my inquiry goes to Professor justwise. My younger (Biodun) who is 24 years of age working with a a reputable company seeking for travel advice from you. he earns 125,000 per month and has about 700,000 as balance. He is interested in spending his next vacation in the UK. He knows nobody in the UK. What are the chances of obtaining the visa. We need your wealth of advice because he is a first timer and has no tie in Nigeria except his job.
Best regards.
It's not good news i'm afraid.
As a person with
No ties to home AND First time.
He would also be spending most of his savings on the trip which is another red flag.

To be very honest he would be wasting money trying for a U.K. visitors visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
worry359:
It's not good news i'm afraid.
As a person with
No ties to home AND First time.
He would also be spending most of his savings on the trip which is another red flag.

To be very honest he would be wasting money trying for a U.K. visitors visa.

@ worry359, you dey worry sha... Lol. That was a VERY SPECIAL REQUEST FOR PROFESSOR JUSTWISE.
peaky: sir, my inquiry goes to Professor justwise. ...

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
Just filled my application form and I made a mistake in my family name mistakenly typed a 'k' that isn't part of my name...and I av to submit by Friday ...shud I go ahead and submit ? sad cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

Email or call the embassy and explain this new development to them, that you want to travel with your wife and attach the letter from the organizers.

Dear Justwise. Please kindly read this email I am about to send to the embassy, particularly the paragraph disclosing the last application which she was advise to withdrew. Thanks

Dear Sir,

My name is xxxx, a Nigerian, residing and working in Nigeria. I have been invited to attend Bleep meeting of Bleep in September 2014 at Oxford with a full travel Scholarship. This invitation has also been extended to my wife Mrs Bleep as accompany partner. I am writing to enquire if my wife would be issued a visit visa for her to accompany me to this meeting (see attached letter). I already have a current visa to the UK, however my wife does not have a visa. The last time she applied for a visit visa to the UK to attend an identity interview for her British Passport, she was advised to withdraw the application, that the interview can be done in Nigeria. I want to find out if this issues will affect her application as we intend to travel together and return back to Nigeria after the event in the UK. Thank you for kind understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
Bleep
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
ekpotek:

Dear Justwise. Please kindly read this email I am about to send to the embassy, particularly the paragraph disclosing the last application which she was advise to withdrew. Thanks

Dear Sir,

My name is xxxx, a Nigerian, residing and working in Nigeria. I have been invited to attend Bleep meeting of Bleep in September 2014 at Oxford with a full travel Scholarship. This invitation has also been extended to my wife Mrs Bleep as accompany partner. I am writing to enquire if my wife would be issued a visit visa for her to accompany me to this meeting (see attached letter). I already have a current visa to the UK, however my wife does not have a visa. The last time she applied for a visit visa to the UK to attend an identity interview for her British Passport, she was advised to withdraw the application, that the interview can be done in Nigeria. I want to find out if this issues will affect her application as we intend to travel together and return back to Nigeria after the event in the UK. Thank you for kind understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
Bleep

You don't need the section in bold since she is regarded as British citizen though without a passport, you will be asking the embassy to issue her any traveling document that will allow her entry into the UK. Then she will return with her Nigerian passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
gaskinachi: Just filled my application form and I made a mistake in my family name mistakenly typed a 'k' that isn't part of my name...and I av to submit by Friday ...shud I go ahead and submit ? sad cry

You can't edit the form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

You can't edit the form?

no,i already submitted and printed my copy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
gaskinachi:

no,i already submitted and printed my copy

Point out the mistake when you get to visa centre or use sticky note to make a little note of it and stick it on your form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
justwise:

Point out the mistake when you get to visa centre or use sticky note to make a little note of it and stick it on your form.

Noted.thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoAje1: 6:46am On Jul 31, 2014
Omo_Aje: Hi Justwise, 3sha4lyf and other moderators, I have 5 years uk visa and am intend to put in uk visa application for my wife (not working) and my son who is one year 4 months. we are all planing to travel next month (August) which i will be responsible for all the traveling expenses including hotel, air ticket etc..BUT my concerns is how to fill the income and expenditure section on the form for my wife because i booked the hotel for 3 of us ( i, my wife n son) though i have filled N/A for my son. please kindly put me through...

3sha4lyf:

Hi, ehm, I'm not a moderator; I'm just happy to help where I can, while learning where I can as well smiley.
As per your Q, here's what I think you should key in. And I'll put my reasons where I can.

Income and Expenditure
Nil (because she earns no income for now; can stand as a fulltime housewife smiley )

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
* Nil (Because she bears no cost for the trip. It's all paid for by hubby (luvly) )

The total amount of money you have for this trip
* this I'm not sure but you might wanna put same figures you put in your own VAF (becos same money will be available for her as well)

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
* N/A (she's not the one catering to it; it's hubby)

The cost of your accommodation
* The same as urs. (She can also put N/A because again, she's not the one sponsoring the trip. I would do this.)

The cost of your living expenses
* The same as urs

Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip? YES

What is the total amount in GBP(£)?
You might wanna put down what you wrote in yours.

This is my opinion based on the ones I've seen successful. The most important thing is that in the "other info to consider application" section, be sure to put down the following:

* I am presently a fulltime housewife.
* This trip will be fully sponsored by my husband, Mr. Xyz. Please refer to his ABC Bank statement attached to support my application.

I say this cos My M/I/L filled hers like this and she was to be sponsored by her hubby. She got her visa. Again, while every visa application is considered in its own merit, I'm certain this is ok. At the end of the day, the choice is yours smiley.
But then what do I know? Lol

Hope this helps.

@3sha4lyf and the gurus in da house...............am very grateful with ur kind and useful information, am happy to tell you dt my wife n son visa was granted. am saying big thank you all......i still remain loyal.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2014
Thats true, thanks a lot bro
justwise:

No worries.

Let me also mention that your letter is detailed enough, there is nothing wrong with it, better to give detailed info than summary because you will not be there to answer more question. Your letter will do all that in your absent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2014
OmoAje1: Omo_Aje: Hi Justwise, 3sha4lyf and other moderators, I have 5 years uk visa and am intend to put in uk visa application for my wife (not working) and my son who is one year 4 months. we are all planing to travel next month (August) which i will be responsible for all the traveling expenses including hotel, air ticket etc..BUT my concerns is how to fill the income and expenditure section on the form for my wife because i booked the hotel for 3 of us ( i, my wife n son) though i have filled N/A for my son. please kindly put me through...

@3sha4lyf and the gurus in da house...............am very grateful with ur kind and useful information, am happy to tell you dt my wife n son visa was granted. am saying big thank you all......i still remain loyal.

Wow, congrats.. So we'll see all of you later next week right ? Yippee.
Hem, can you share how long your visa application took? Cos i know people's one take on average 5-7w/days.
Congrats once more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LadyWolfe: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2014
Hello House,

Anyone used the new submission centre (Teleperformance) in VI? I submitted my family visit application on the 7th July and the tracking service on the website doesnt seem to be working properly.

Have anyone who submitted within this time frame received the outcome of their application?

Thanksmuch
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2014
justwise:

You don't need the section in bold since she is regarded as British citizen though without a passport, you will be asking the embassy to issue her any traveling document that will allow her entry into the UK. Then she will return with her Nigerian passport

Please do have any idea of the appropriate email address to send the email to. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by paddedbabe: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2014
Please does anyone have the contact number of visa office in Sheffield as I was informed that the visa is being processed there but the problem is that it has been delayed for over a month and my husband's own is out and we applied together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
ekpotek:

Please do have any idea of the appropriate email address to send the email to. Thank you.

See my attachment

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
justwise:

See my attachment

Thanks her last application was processed in Lagos. Should I send the email to Lagos or Abuja? Meanwhile here is the final draft. Hope it okay?

Dear Sir,

My name is xxxxx, a Nigerian, residing and working in Nigeria. I am a xxxxxxx. I have been invited to attend Royal Society for Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Biennial Meeting; 'Measuring Progress' 25 - 27 September 2014 in Oxford with a Travel Scholarship. This invitation has also been extended to my wife Mrs Marilyn U. Ekpo as accompany partner (see attached letter of invitation). During this global event, I would be making 10 minutes oral presentation of my research work in Nigeria to an international audiences from all over the world. I already have a current valid visa to the UK, however my wife does not have a visa. The last time she applied for a visit visa to the UK to attend an identity interview for her British Passport, she was advised to withdraw the application, that the interview can be done in Nigeria. I am writing to request the embassy to issue her any traveling document that will allow her entry into the UK. We intend to travel together and return back to Nigeria after the event in the UK. Thank you for kind understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
ekpotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
ekpotek:

Thanks her last application was processed in Lagos. Should I send the email to Lagos or Abuja? Meanwhile here is the final draft. Hope it okay?

Dear Sir,

My name is xxxxx, a Nigerian, residing and working in Nigeria. I am a xxxxxxx. I have been invited to attend Royal Society for Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Biennial Meeting; 'Measuring Progress' 25 - 27 September 2014 in Oxford with a Travel Scholarship. This invitation has also been extended to my wife Mrs Marilyn U. Ekpo as accompany partner (see attached letter of invitation). During this global event, I would be making 10 minutes oral presentation of my research work in Nigeria to an international audiences from all over the world. I already have a current valid visa to the UK, however my wife does not have a visa. The last time she applied for a visit visa to the UK to attend an identity interview for her British Passport, she was advised to withdraw the application, that the interview can be done in Nigeria. I am writing to request the embassy to issue her any traveling document that will allow her entry into the UK. We intend to travel together and return back to Nigeria after the event in the UK. Thank you for kind understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
ekpotek

That is alright, you can still send it to Lagos where her last application was processed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoAje1: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Wow, congrats.. So we'll see all of you later next week right ? Yippee.
Hem, can you share how long your visa application took? Cos i know people's one take on average 5-7w/days.
Congrats once more.

I submitted on the 8th July............I got email from embassy on the 24th july............i picked it 30th July.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
OmoAje1:

I submitted on the 8th July............I got email from embassy on the 24th july............i picked it 30th July.

Thanks.

Kk.
Congrats once more. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
House please help me thank God ooo my visa has been granted! I submitted my application on July 21 and I picked my visa today july31 and departure date is this saturday.Though it's a group application but I give thanks to God because if to judge on my statement of acct of 400k,am not worthy but God did it.I also want to use this great opportunity to appreciate the greatest professor of our time on this thread,prof justwise and vicjustice....God bless u ooo and more grease to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
damsamty16: House please help me thank God ooo my visa has been granted! I submitted my application on July 21 and I picked my visa today july31 and departure date is this saturday.Though it's a group application but I give thanks to God because if to judge on my statement of acct of 400k,am not worthy but God did it.I also want to use this great opportunity to appreciate the greatest professor of our time on this thread,prof justwise and vicjustice....God bless u ooo and more grease to ur elbow

grin grin grin grin grin

By fire by force, you must answer professor grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
damsamty16: House please help me thank God ooo my visa has been granted! I submitted my application on July 21 and I picked my visa today july31 and departure date is this saturday.Though it's a group application but I give thanks to God because if to judge on my statement of acct of 400k,am not worthy but God did it.I also want to use this great opportunity to appreciate the greatest professor of our time on this thread,prof justwise and vicjustice....God bless u ooo and more grease to ur elbow

Congratulations! That was quick.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
justwise:

Congratulations! That was quick.
Yes oo very quick.It's God poo..Thank u my prof

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.