Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982296 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akinke: 9:08am On Aug 13, 2014
spikesC:

Yes, they're processing it now so it is safe.
Only one person has recieved his, he applied for visiting visa.

So I sent another mail, thinkng the first one didn't submit properly initially, please see their response below

Regarding your query, we received your application on 17/07/2014. Our
database says a decision in your application has been delayed whilst
further enquiries are conducted.

Please kindly await until you are contacted by the British High Commissions
for the time being.
Meanwhile I applied 11/07/2014, Does that still sound like something fair enough? Is that what they normally say?
I want to say that, if you insist on pple having a bank statement of 6 months, what of those who transferred the money into a new account and just barely waited for 28days? Also sebi Embassies dont have relationships? My brother used same bank statement for Canada and he has bn approved?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by toseen29: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2014
Hello vicjustice, justwise, peacock et al, please i need ur kind assistance. i submitted my application for a business visit to the UK yesterday, book an appointment for 9 a.m on Thursday. My organization is sponsoring the trip for 9 employees, to visit the coy's subsidiary in the UK (5 employees has valid visa, the remaining 4 of us are sumitting VISA request). There was a part where the question 'Are you travelling with anyone?' was asked i chose 'No' because we were asked to submit our application individually with the organization providing necessary document. A colleague corrected me now that i am expected to choose 'Yes' and input the Passport information of those who already had VISA. i cannot correct this as the application was already submitted but is there any way i can go about it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by HOTWATER(m): 11:53am On Aug 13, 2014
Guys please i need help with my application . We are applied for group(7) busines Visa . All the other members have received a mail that their Visa application has been processed except me . I have history of refusals based on some reasons that has nothing to do with Fraud or forged document . Can sb pls let me know what next to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:59am On Aug 13, 2014
HOTWATER: Guys please i need help with my application . We are applied for group(7) busines Visa . All the other members have received a mail that their Visa application has been processed except me . I have history of refusals based on some reasons that has nothing to do with Fraud or forged document . Can sb pls let me know what next to do

Did you declare those refusals in your application form? Maybe you need to wait until they contact your first.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:59am On Aug 13, 2014
toseen29: Hello vicjustice, justwise, peacock et al, please i need ur kind assistance. i submitted my application for a business visit to the UK yesterday, book an appointment for 9 a.m on Thursday. My organization is sponsoring the trip for 9 employees, to visit the coy's subsidiary in the UK (5 employees has valid visa, the remaining 4 of us are sumitting VISA request). There was a part where the question 'Are you travelling with anyone?' was asked i chose 'No' because we were asked to submit our application individually with the organization providing necessary document. A colleague corrected me now that i am expected to choose 'Yes' and input the Passport information of those who already had VISA. i cannot correct this as the application was already submitted but is there any way i can go about it?

Since you have submitted already i don't think there is much you can do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by HOTWATER(m): 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
justwise:

Did you declare those refusals in your application form? Maybe you need to wait until they contact your first.

i declared them in total
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
HOTWATER:

i declared them in total

Then wait for their text or email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
akinke:

So I sent another mail, thinkng the first one didn't submit properly initially, please see their response below

Regarding your query, we received your application on 17/07/2014. Our
database says a decision in your application has been delayed whilst
further enquiries are conducted.

Please kindly await until you are contacted by the British High Commissions
for the time being.
Meanwhile I applied 11/07/2014, Does that still sound like something fair enough? Is that what they normally say?
I want to say that, if you insist on pple having a bank statement of 6 months, what of those who transferred the money into a new account and just barely waited for 28days? Also sebi Embassies dont have relationships? My brother used same bank statement for Canada and he has bn approved?

It depends on an individual application.
28days? i presume you applied for a tier4 visa, therefore there was never any requirement of 6months. You can open a fresh account and deposit the money, wait for 28 days and print the statement.

Same bank account? That is very risky if the amount is not for both of you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by toseen29: 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
justwise:

Since you have submitted already i don't think there is much you can do.

thank you, Can a sticky note be added to clarify this & photocopies of passport pages of my colleagues added when submitting other documents tomorrow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
toseen29:

thank you, Can a sticky note be added to clarify this & photocopies of passport pages of my colleagues added when submitting other documents tomorrow.

Sure you can use that or use the black space in the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
Pls i need help.. I have a friend who is a British citizen but she's in Nigeria and don't know how to go about it to claim her British passport. She got the Birth Certificate with her but the mom and the dad have divorced. so she's presently living with her mom in Nigeria but don't have contact with her dad anymore. Pls i need advise on how to go about it. Thanksssssssssssss God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dagreen14: 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
Was she born before 1980?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemmyo: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello, please how do i fill in the INCOME & EXPENDITURE part of the form of an infant travelling with the mother.i.e
1. What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
2.The total amount of money you have for this trip
3.The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
4.The cost of your accommodation
5.The cost of your living expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
dagreen14: Was she born before 1980?

she was after 1980..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeolu45: 7:12am On Aug 14, 2014
I have a registered biz and a corporate ac for d biz. Dere is always flow of money in d biz ac by cheque and cash at times transactions shows over a million or less in a month. Please i want to apply for uk visa and i need all wat to do regarding d visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2014
phemmyo: Hello, please how do i fill in the INCOME & EXPENDITURE part of the form of an infant travelling with the mother.i.e

Please insert 'not applicable' and restate that the applicant is an infant accompanying his/her mum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
3sha4lyf:
Congrats. Pls did u put in for 5yrs? Did u have to explain why you spent weeks in the uk on previous visits, etc. Share yr ordeal pls. Congrats once more.

Yes it's 5yrs. I did explained to the ECO reasons why I stayed long in UK with docs to back them up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2014
adeolu45: I have a registered biz and a corporate ac for d biz. Dere is always flow of money in d biz ac by cheque and cash at times transactions shows over a million or less in a month. Please i want to apply for uk visa and i need all wat to do regarding d visa.

U ned to get company tax clearance wit d business acct alone with ur personal saving acct with relevant docs of ur purpose in the UK .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
phemmyo: Hello, please how do i fill in the INCOME & EXPENDITURE part of the form of an infant travelling with the mother.i.e

Yes I second the previous poster. Put. "Nil"/ or Not Applicable in those fields. And don't ignore the additional info section to throw more lights that the applicant is a minor, even though they know (s)he is a minor. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeolu45: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
please do i still need my personal ac too. purpose for vacation. please i need info because i want to apply myself with u guys help. i can get i tax clearance too. tax clearance for how long ie 6 months or wat. also wat other relevant document do i need.
peace009:
U ned to get company tax clearance wit d business acct alone with ur personal saving acct with relevant docs of ur purpose in the UK .
please i need ur reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeolu45: 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
peace009:

please do i still need my personal ac too. purpose for vacation. please i need info because i want to apply myself with u guys help. i can get i tax clearance too. tax clearance for how long ie 6 months or wat. also wat other relevant document do i need. please i need ur reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
adeolu45:

please do i still need my personal ac too. purpose for vacation. please i need info because i want to apply myself with u guys help. i can get i tax clearance too. tax clearance for how long ie 6 months or wat. also wat other relevant document do i need. please i need ur reply

What type of company ? Limited or venture ? That determines too. It's gud u hv ur personal saving acct wit ur company acct to apply. The company acct jst serve as title to u and ur personal saving acct will be d money to use fr vacation. If u want to use company acct it will be better to be on business issue visa and nt vacation. Others docs are property doc, marriage cert, flight itinerary , hotel reservation , evidence of trading activities of ur company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeolu45: 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
peace009:
What type of company ? Limited or venture ? That determines too. It's gud u hv ur personal saving acct wit ur company acct to apply. The company acct jst serve as title to u and ur personal saving acct will be d money to use fr vacation. If u want to use company acct it will be better to be on business issue visa and nt vacation. Others docs are property doc, marriage cert, flight itinerary , hotel reservation , evidence of trading activities of ur company.
Biz venture and how much should i hav in my personal ac. The bank ac shows cheque transactions from other biz ventures too. Is dat ok for biz transaction or wat do i still need on da t
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
adeolu45:
Biz venture and how much should i hav in my personal ac. The bank ac shows cheque transactions from other biz ventures too. Is dat ok for biz transaction or wat do i still need on da t

Yes it's ok. Ur personal acct bal will depends on ur budget fr ur trip to UK. Total amount of money u intend to spend fr d trip. Is that clear ? The biz acct is ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemmyo: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Yes I second the previous poster. Put. "Nil"/ or Not Applicable in those fields. And don't ignore the additional info section to throw more lights that the applicant is a minor, even though they know (s)he is a minor. smiley

ty01:
Please insert 'not applicable' and restate that the applicant is an infant accompanying his/her mum.

Thanks a lot!....been cracking my brain since
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dammylizzy: 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hello people, I've been waiting for 4 months expecting an update on my spouse settlement application but heard nothing till now. I sent them an email and the response I got is that my application is still awaiting the assessment. Please has anyone been waiting this long too for spouse settlement visa? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bassy10113: 7:03am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello house..i applied for uk settlement visa on 2 of July and sent my supporting document on 7th of july..but till now..i haven't received any email from sheffield office acknowledging the receipt of the document....and my tracking status still reads...your visa application forwarded to BHC...plz house enlighten on what to do....and any one with email of sheffield office.....thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2014
dammylizzy: Hello people, I've been waiting for 4 months expecting an update on my spouse settlement application but heard nothing till now. I sent them an email and the response I got is that my application is still awaiting the assessment. Please has anyone been waiting this long too for spouse settlement visa? Thanks

bassy10113: Hello house..i applied for uk settlement visa on 2 of July and sent my supporting document on 7th of july..but till now..i haven't received any email from sheffield office acknowledging the receipt of the document....and my tracking status still reads...your visa application forwarded to BHC...plz house enlighten on what to do....and any one with email of sheffield office.....thanks

Post it here https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/76
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
kaykay05:

I will, thanks a lot for the insights. I'd get back to this thread to share the outcome of my reapplication. I'm hoping for the best.

Hello Justwise, thanks for the other time, hope you remember me? I reapplied and got a refusal again. It's so dissapointing putting that much effort and getting refused again. I'll post the refusal in my next post so everyone can add their own suggestions

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
justwise: [/b]

Same here.

Take your time and answer every single refusal point with details and back it up with letter from your parents written in company's letterhead.

Don't forget to make a list of places you wish to visit in the UK

All the very best.

Hi Justwise, thanks for the other time. I reapplied and got a refusal again. It's so dissapointing putting that much effort and getting refused again. I'll post the refusal in my next post so everyone can add their own suggestions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
I want to say a very big thanks to you guys here in NL for the great job u are doing here, especially 3sha4lyf and Justwise, I want to tell ya all that my application for family visit to the UK was successful, it was my first time of applying, i submitted my application on the 08/08/2014 at VFS Abuja and got an alert on my phone for pick up on the 15/08/2014 just a week after submission, the visa was actually issued on the 13/08/2014, I really appreciate ur advices, thank u so much 3sha4lyf for that wonderful Letter to the ECO, it gave me clue to everything i included in the application, even though some guys discouraged me from applying, saying my self employed status wouldn't help me because i registered my business name barely 5 months ago, with ur advice here i was able to fix the right docs into the application, above all i guess God answered my Prayer grin Very Thankful here
3sha4lyf:

IMO, your letter is rather tooooo detailed; right thing done at the wrong time/for the wrong purpose.
One thing you have to accept is that these ppl (ECO) are really very busy fellows who have limited time to only skim through letters and other docs. You need not write like you're talking to them face to face. But if you summarise ur letter without stating how "the trip means a lot to you", or better still, in more straightforward and official way, I'm sure that would be nicer.

I don't mean any harm, I'm #JustSaying. I'm sure you understand because I've read thru ur previous posts and u have an idea of how skoin skoin operates in these ppls heads.

Something of this sort will be ideal, brief, yet without missing the main info. Feel free to use it, modify it, or just ignore/disregard it.

Dear Sir,
RE: Letter of Intent for uk visa application
I, MR Surname, Chrizizon, Passport No A1234567 (Nigerian) Date of Birth 1st October 1960, hereby certify that I am the (CEO and/or Sole Proprietor) of my coy, (name of company), Nigeria. (Coy name) is a bla bla bla coy providing (summarise your business activities) services for well over (write the duration) and registered with CAC in (Month, Year) and our clientele include (mention about two or three coys you trade with). My monthly net earnings is approximately NGN1,000 -2,000 (uncapped).

I wish to apply for a visit visa to visit my sister, (Sister's Full Name) at (State, county) from 15th November 2014 - 30th November, 2014. During this period, I will attend her son's (Nephew's name) graduation ceremony at (Name of Uni) on the 25th November, 2014. Please refer to invitation letter from (Sister's name) and (Nephew's name). (Sister's name) will provide my accomodation and feeding at her residence (Sister's Address) for the duration of my trip, and I have included her consent letter. I will be responsible for my travel expenses and any other costs. These costs will be funded from my savings account with (Name of bank, account name and Account No), which is also used for my business transactions with clients. Please refer to attached account statement(s).

I have also provided the following documents to support my application:-
1. A duly signed UK Visa App Form
2. International Travel documents No:A1234567
3. Invitation letter from my sister, (Sister's name).
4. Invitation letter to attend MR (nephew's name) graduation ceremony.
5. Detailed travel itinerary
6. Certificate of Incorporation (or equivalent) for (Coy name)
7. Certificate of Registration of business name (or equivalent) for (Coy name)
8. Memorandum of Association (or equivalent) for (Coy name)
9. Copy of Individual taxpayer registration details from FIRS Garki tax office, Abuja
10. (No. of) Originals and copies of receipts for shipment of goods from India to Nigeria from India postal service (post office) as trade proof.***You might wanna include receipts of transactions as well if you put this***
11. (No. of) Pictures of my Sister (sister's name), My nephew (nephew's name), and I, to support family relationship claim.
12. Transcript of past messages exchanged through emails to sister and my nephew to support family relationship and communication claims)
13. My personal Account statement with (Name of bank, account number) covering a period of 6months. (0/02/2014 to 31/07/2014) to show both business transactions and personal financial standings.
14. A reference letter from my (Name of bank) bank manager ***not sure why you need this! except it tells that you use the said account for both business and personal savings activities***

I will be very grateful if my application is granted. You are welcome to contact me for more inquiries.

Yours faithfully,

(Surname), Chrizizon
(Your position in your coy)
(your contact no)

Then in the separate letter from your sister, who is your host, it should be somewhat like this

The ECO
BH Address

Dear Sir,
RE: MR (Your name, date of birth, nationality and passport no.)

I write to confirm that (your name) is my brother and I am inviting him to visit me in (State, county) from (arrival date) to (departure date) for a short holiday. He will also attend my son's (son's name) - his nephew- graduation ceremony at (name of uni) on (date of grad).

I am a (occupation, full time or part time) at (employer's name and address). I confirm that (your name) will be staying at my residence (address) during this visit -(arrival date to departure date) and I will cater to his feeding for the duration of his stay.

Please find attached the following supporting documents:-
1. A copy of my travel document (Travel doc no) showing my migration status (if applicable)
2. My official ID card (if applicable)
3. Tenancy agreement or Mortgage docs (whichever is applicable) for my residence at (address)
4. Copies of utility bills
5. My current payslips from (start date to end date) as proof of employment
6. My financial statements from (Name of bank) for the period of (3 or 6 months, which ever is applicable)

*** I have also attached a copy of invitation letter to attend my son's- (son's name) graduation ceremony on (date of grad).*** (you may want to put this in a separate letter from your nephew as he may also need to show his immigration status in the UK)

Please contact me if you need further information.

Thank you.

(Closing)
(Your sister's name and Contact no.)
Sign.

Ps: I'm guessing you're applying for a family visit visa.
Remember, you can use this, modify this, or just disregard it... It's no bulletproof blueprint but it gives an idea of what your letter should look like.

HTH

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
kaykay05:

Hello Justwise, thanks for the other time, hope you remember me? I reapplied and got a refusal again. It's so dissapointing putting that much effort and getting refused again. I'll post the refusal in my next post so everyone can add their own suggestions

Sorry to hear that, post the refusal letter lets know what went wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.