Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,155 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980610 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
Hello house,
please I need more assistance in filling my form.

I'm having some difficulties in the Income and Expenditure Aspect.Will be grateful if someone can assist.

a. do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
the savings referred here, does it mean savings account?

b. how much do you spend each month on living costs?
my hubby transfers money to my account monthly for monthly expenses. should i write the amount in this column or i should write how much we spend from the particular money monthly?

and as for hubby, is he to write the money he transfers to me monthly as the money he spends monthly on living costs?

c. how much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other depandents?
should hubby state the amount he transfers to me?
should answer b and c be the same?

as for me, should i put a figure there or 0 gbp?

d. what is the cost of you personally of your trip in gbp?
am i to put down the total amount (since i am the person sponsoring the trip) or please can you explain
and for hubby what will you suggest he write?

e.the total amount of money you have for this trip?
is it same answer as "d"? or does it refer to the money for things like feeding, transport, site-seeing etc?

f. the cost of the aeroplane, boat or train ticket
does this refer to the cost when we are in uk or it refers to the flight ticket fare?

is someone other than you paying for all or part of the trip?
im ticking no, while hubby will tick yes. and it says, what is the total amount in gbp. should he write all the cost minus the money of "d or e"?
in addition, for my 6month old baby, am i required to fill a separate form for him?

is 650k enough for a family trip?

Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
@justwise @Vicjustise Thanks for being here, My mum got this today. she applied for a 5 year visit visa after getting 2 year visa twice.

Thank you for your UK Visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and Settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has been non-straightforward and we have been unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to process your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

You will be notified by our Commercial Partners, Tele Performance once your application has been fully assessed and dispatched.

Please do not attend the application centre for collection until you have been contacted by the VAC operatives i.e. Tele Performance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deri20: 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
scott509:
and yes my renewal application was granted..i collected it yesterday..Thanks for giving me the confidence when i got the email from visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk. many thanks
Let the celebration continue. Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2015
@justwise @Vicjustise Thanks for being here, My mum got this today. she applied for a 5 year visit visa after getting 2 year visa twice.

Thank you for your UK Visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and Settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has been non-straightforward and we have been unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to process your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

You will be notified by our Commercial Partners, Tele Performance once your application has been fully assessed and dispatched.

Please do not attend the application centre for collection until you have been contacted by the VAC operatives i.e. Tele Performance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 6:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
dalobaba:

My wife got the same message after her interview at the british deputy high commission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eninaija(f): 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2015
Well done all,
I plan to apply for a Uk visa (in March) to visit my Sister in London. I am still trying build my account. I heard lump lodgement could lead to denial? I am working ,

Should I use my personal bank acct or get sponsorship from my Mum?

I hear dt it is advisable for a working adult to use their personal account.

Also, I am abt to register a law firm with a Partner will this help to prove strong ties to Nigeria? Do I need to show tax clearance for the new firm?

What should I do? I need advise... @justwise @vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
Hello house,

Please will one letter of introduction suffice for my husband and I, since we will be submitting our applications together for Tourist visa? Or do we 'explain' ourselves separately? Lol!

Thanks so much Vicjustice for all your comments.. They've been really helpful!

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
opite:
Hello house,
please I need more assistance in filling my form.

I'm having some difficulties in the Income and Expenditure Aspect.Will be grateful if someone can assist.

a. do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
the savings referred here, does it mean savings account?

b. how much do you spend each month on living costs?
my hubby transfers money to my account monthly for monthly expenses. should i write the amount in this column or i should write how much we spend from the particular money monthly?

and as for hubby, is he to write the money he transfers to me monthly as the money he spends monthly on living costs?

c. how much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other depandents?
should hubby state the amount he transfers to me?
should answer b and c be the same?

as for me, should i put a figure there or 0 gbp?

d. what is the cost of you personally of your trip in gbp?
am i to put down the total amount (since i am the person sponsoring the trip) or please can you explain
and for hubby what will you suggest he write?

e.the total amount of money you have for this trip?
is it same answer as "d"? or does it refer to the money for things like feeding, transport, site-seeing etc?

f. the cost of the aeroplane, boat or train ticket
does this refer to the cost when we are in uk or it refers to the flight ticket fare?

is someone other than you paying for all or part of the trip?
im ticking no, while hubby will tick yes. and it says, what is the total amount in gbp. should he write all the cost minus the money of "d or e"?
in addition, for my 6month old baby, am i required to fill a separate form for him?

is 650k enough for a family trip?

Thank you all

A. Very simple...do you have savings? Do you have property, cash or shares? Answer appropriately.

B. Give an estimate of how much you spend in a month.

C. Apart from the money your hubby spends on his family does he have brothers, sisters or spent on his mum&daddy? If no then state only the money spent on his family.

D. How much will the trip cost you? Flight ticket, accommodation etc ..you are the sponsor so you should know.

E=D, if the total cost is £500 for a example you can add 100 or 200 for incase

F How much is the flight ticket cost?

To know if 650 will be enough you need to calculate all the expenses and the result is your answer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2015
eninaija:
Well done all,
I plan to apply for a Uk visa (in March) to visit my Sister in London. I am still trying build my account. I heard lump lodgement could lead to denial? I am working ,

Should I use my personal bank acct or get sponsorship from my Mum?

I hear dt it is advisable for a working adult to use their personal account.

Also, I am abt to register a law firm with a Partner will this help to prove strong ties to Nigeria? Do I need to show tax clearance for the new firm?

What should I do? I need advise... @justwise @vicjustice

Yes use your personal account and the new firm will act as your tie to Nigeria.

Money lodgement is a bad idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
dalobaba:

Is your being sponsored? Visiting somebody in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
NittaJ:
Hello house,

Please will one letter of introduction suffice for my husband and I, since we will be submitting our applications together for Tourist visa? Or do we 'explain' ourselves separately? Lol!

Thanks so much Vicjustice for all your comments.. They've been really helpful!

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

One is enough
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
justwise:

One is enough

Many thanks Justwise. That was timely.. I appreciate!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
please house does anyone have an idea of how much Arik Airline charges if you reschedule your traveling date to another date.. i heard its $100 for the penalty..?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eninaija(f): 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
justwise:

Yes use your personal account and the new firm will act as your tie to Nigeria.

Money lodgement is a bad idea.

Thank you for the prompt response!
Do I need tax clearance 4 d firm?
The problem is dt my account is not so good right now; from now to march, I may need to make some lump lodgement to get it ready.
Am tinking at least 600k. Will dt be enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 1:33am On Jan 14, 2015
eninaija:

Thank you for the prompt response!
Do I need tax clearance 4 d firm?
The problem is dt my account is not so good right now; from now to march, I may need to make some lump lodgement to get it ready.
Am tinking at least 600k. Will dt be enough?

Money lodging is a NO-NO, historical use of account and true financial reflection is key.
N600,000 in relation to how much you earn pcm, expenditures, travelling expenses etc etc etc, is paramount to prove you are not about to spend a couple of months wage on a couple of weeks holiday !!!
NB: Since you are working, I would advice you submit personal details(you are above the age of consent)
Regarding your law firms registration, do you intend using tax clearance from this unregistered firm or other?
I Would advise only applying, when all your documentations are in order !!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eninaija(f): 6:26am On Jan 14, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Money lodging is a NO-NO, historical use of account and true financial reflection is key.
N600,000 in relation to how much you earn pcm, expenditures, travelling expenses etc etc etc, is paramount to prove you are not about to spend a couple of months wage on a couple of weeks holiday !!!
NB: Since you are working, I would advice you submit personal details(you are above the age of consent)
Regarding your law firms registration, do you intend using tax clearance from this unregistered firm or other?
I Would advise only applying, when all your documentations are in order !!!

Thank you, I could use another Law firm (as my employer) but I feel d new one will help to prove ties to Nigeria since I am a Partner. So I must show tax clearance even if d firm is new?
I don't av a fixed income, but money goes in n out of my account. I was just thinking 600k will be fyn.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by temi127: 10:41am On Jan 14, 2015
hey guys, good morning...@vicjustice nice job.
please concerning the letter of reference from employer,what should be included in the letter,Is it necessary for your employer to include the reason you are travelling (e.g if you are going for an exam) and is there any implications as to if the leave you are granted is paid or unpaid?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by refreshrate: 11:29am On Jan 14, 2015
Hi @justwise and everyone else who can make sense of this please just joined this forum cos i really don't know what to do next i applied for a UK tourist just before the christmas holiday and included all the required documents to support it. only to pick it up yesterday with the following reason for refusal

< You stated that you have been employed since September2014 with Bleep and that you earn 234,000 per month. As evidence of your employment you have provided an employment letter dated 22/12/2014. Within this letter it states that you would be travelling to the UK with approval from the office to work on a clients project. You have also provided bank staement as evidence of your employment but these do not show any salary deposits as claimed therefore i cannot be satisfied that your financial circumstances are as claimed.

i have also addressed your application under paragrapgh 46G and i am satisfied you do not meet therequirements of 46G i ii and iii
i therefore refuse your application because i am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you have met all the requirements

your right to appeal is limited referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the nationality immigration and assylum act2002>

Heres the problem

1. My offer letter clearly states a date ofAugust 2014. A letter of permission to go on a break as i was to work during the holiday period was issued by my office and was duly included it was a one pager separate document dated 22nd december how could they have assumed this to be my offer letter when it was duly addressed to the consulate?

2. The bank statements submitted clearly stated payments of salaries since September by the company on a regular basis how they didnt see this still baffles me

3. The letter from the office to the consulate clearly stated that i was being allowed to travel in January to substitute my working on a project for a client here in Nigeria during the holidays. How in Gods name did this become me going to work on a clients project in the UK still baffles me.

Please advice on what the next best steps to take would be as im still wondering what exactly is going on in the british high commission

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yes, she is being sponsored by her sister who is inviting her. She has always been her sponsor since she started going to the uk (2009)
justwise:

Is your being sponsored? Visiting somebody in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by temi127: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
temi127:
please concerning the letter of reference from employer,what should be included in the letter,Is it necessary for your employer to include the reason you are travelling (e.g if you are going for an exam) and is there any implications as to if the leave you are granted is paid or unpaid?

Please does anybody have a response to this, its kinda urgent..u'd be saving a life...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
temi127:

Yes that can be included and paid or unpaid leave will depend on you, if you need the money then take a paid leave
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
dalobaba:
Yes, she is being sponsored by her sister who is inviting her. She has always been her sponsor since she started going to the uk (2009)

Then its possible that they are trying to verify her previous immigration record and her sister inviting her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
refreshrate:
Hi @justwise and everyone else who can make sense of this please just joined this forum cos i really don't know what to do next i applied for a UK tourist just before the christmas holiday and included all the required documents to support it. only to pick it up yesterday with the following reason for refusal

< You stated that you have been employed since September2014 with Bleep and that you earn 234,000 per month. As evidence of your employment you have provided an employment letter dated 22/12/2014. Within this letter it states that you would be travelling to the UK with approval from the office to work on a clients project. You have also provided bank staement as evidence of your employment but these do not show any salary deposits as claimed therefore i cannot be satisfied that your financial circumstances are as claimed.

i have also addressed your application under paragrapgh 46G and i am satisfied you do not meet therequirements of 46G i ii and iii
i therefore refuse your application because i am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you have met all the requirements

your right to appeal is limited referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the nationality immigration and assylum act2002>

Heres the problem

1. My offer letter clearly states a date ofAugust 2014. A letter of permission to go on a break as i was to work during the holiday period was issued by my office and was duly included it was a one pager separate document dated 22nd december how could they have assumed this to be my offer letter when it was duly addressed to the consulate?

2. The bank statements submitted clearly stated payments of salaries since September by the company on a regular basis how they didnt see this still baffles me

3. The letter from the office to the consulate clearly stated that i was being allowed to travel in January to substitute my working on a project for a client here in Nigeria during the holidays. How in Gods name did this become me going to work on a clients project in the UK still baffles me.

Please advice on what the next best steps to take would be as im still wondering what exactly is going on in the british high commission

thanks

The section in bold is the main reason for the refusal, does your bank statement show N234,000 monthly salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by refreshrate: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:

The section in bold is the main reason for the refusal, does your bank statement show N234,000 monthly salary?

Thank you for the quick response sir.

Yes sir the bank statement clearly reflected the said amount of 234,000 on a monthly basis sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
refreshrate:

Thank you for the quick response sir.

Yes sir the bank statement clearly reflected the said amount of 234,000 on a monthly basis sir.

Then its a difficult one because this is the case of your word against that of the ECO, its difficult to know who is making a mistake here.

All you can do is to reapply and address ECO's refusal points, pointing out that your salary reflected on the bank statement.

Apart from the salary do you have any other money going into that account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by refreshrate: 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:

Then its a difficult one because this is the case of your word against that of the ECO, its difficult to know who is making a mistake here.

All you can do is to reapply and address ECO's refusal points, pointing out that your salary reflected on the bank statement.

Apart from the salary do you have any other money going into that account?

Thank you sir

Its actually an account i use for all my payments and receipts of money sir nothing major i cant possibly be lying here when im trying to get your assistance on the issue sir.
look at it how come he wrote my employment letter was dated 22nd december when clearly it was an August date on the thing?
Where in Gods name did i discuss anything about doing anything for any client in the UK?

I dare say the ECO had had too much of the christmas spirits in his or her system whilst attending to my application.

When you say reapply does it mean going through the whole process again and paying another money sir or how?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
refreshrate:

Thank you sir

Its actually an account i use for all my payments and receipts of money sir nothing major i cant possibly be lying here when im trying to get your assistance on the issue sir.
look at it how come he wrote my employment letter was dated 22nd december when clearly it was an August date on the thing?
Where in Gods name did i discuss anything about doing anything for any client in the UK?

I dare say the ECO had had too much of the christmas spirits in his or her system whilst attending to my application.

When you say reapply does it mean going through the whole process again and paying another money sir or how?

That lies the problem, if you claimed to be earning 234,000 monthly and presented your salary account then that account should only contain your salary and not any unexplained money on it.

You have more money in that account than 2-3 months salary that should have reflected on it, you should have explained where the other money came from.

Yes reapplying means going through the process again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ok thanks. She has never overstayed and her invitation letter is always sent by her sister. Thanks. Best Regards
justwise:

Then its possible that they are trying to verify her previous immigration record and her sister inviting her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by refreshrate: 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:

That lies the problem, if you claimed to be earning 234,000 monthly and presented your salary account then that account should only contain your salary and not any unexplained money on it.

You have more money in that account than 2-3 months salary that should have reflected on it, you should have explained where the other money came from.

Yes reapplying means going through the process again.

Thank you sir, but what he said was i had submitted a statement that showed no evidence of deposits.
Who runs an account and collects only salary on it?

Sorry for being such a bother its just if i had a colleague who treated a clients request like this and it was brought to my notice seriously id have to question hes credentials.

Sorry just to be clear on this it means i have to include a letter or how do i point out their folly when reapplying this time around?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
refreshrate:

Thank you sir, but what he said was i had submitted a statement that showed no evidence of deposits.
Who runs an account and collects only salary on it?

Sorry for being such a bother its just if i had a colleague who treated a clients request like this and it was brought to my notice seriously id have to question hes credentials.

Sorry just to be clear on this it means i have to include a letter or how do i point out their folly when reapplying this time around?

If you have no other source of income other than your job then your salary account should not be showing money that is not your salary.

Like i said before...there is nothing you can do now other than to reapply and point out ECO's mistake, use the blank space in the form or separate paper to explain the situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by refreshrate: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:

If you have no other source of income other than your job then your salary account should not be showing money that is not your salary.

Like i said before...there is nothing you can do now other than to reapply and point out ECO's mistake, use the blank space in the form or separate paper to explain the situation.

Much obliged sir.

will do just that

thing is how do i apply again when i already used my email address to apply and to create my visa application process on the website?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
refreshrate:

Much obliged sir.

will do just that

thing is how do i apply again when i already used my email address to apply and to create my visa application process on the website?

Have you tried using the same email address and it did not work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.