Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980589 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
NittaJ:

Thanks a lot Vicjustice. My savings account is readily available and cashable. However, I had some high inflows in November and December form my corporate account due to the projects my company executed in those months, and I plan to provide the contract documents, invoices and receipts for those projects. Any other thing you think I should include?

Also I stated that I have a sister and I will visit her 'briefly'. She is currently on a study permit and her study visa will expire in April 2015. Since my intended date of travel is in February, will this wont affect anything?
No, this will not affect your application especially if she is not the main reason that you are travelling to the UK. It is up to you whether you like to visit her or not.

NittaJ:

Secondly, in the application? I'm I to fill all amounts in GBP? I filled total amount available for travel in GBP as requested, but filled all others in Naira. Is that okay?
Either or both will be fine. whether you present your fund in Naira or in Sterling, they know the conversion rates.

NittaJ:

Lastly house, for my children do I also fill cost of boat trip, airplane etc in their application, or put as 0 since they are not the ones paying?

Your comments are HIGHLY appreciated!!

Thanks again and God bless.
It depends on whether it makes sense to give the figure or not, but in the case of any question that you think is not appropriate for children, you are allowed to write "N.A" or simply write the phrase "Details on Parent's form"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LearnLife: 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hi guys
Pls i got this message this morning, pls oh what does it mean? im nervous af.
Also got the email that my passport is ready for collection at ikeja tp.
Pls respond, tnx

Dear xxxxxx

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that Teleperformance does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the decision-making process.

Kind regards,

Teleperformance
UK Visa Application Centre

This email and any information transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system.

This is a post-only email address that is not monitored for replies. For questions and more information about visa application, scheduling for an appointment and all other queries please visit the Visa Enquiries section of the UK Visa Application Centre website.

Anyone got a similar message and got their visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by moiolaa: 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hello everyone , Pls i need your help . I am so new on this blog but great things i have heard . If you use your warmed thoughts to advise me pls . I am postgraduate student with a tier 4 visa . I am applied for my daughters 2nd of December 2014 and after two weeks of submission . I received a call from British commission office that the bio metrics fingerprints needed to be registered again at the Lagos office and we should travel to Lagos as soon as possible as the applications were mistakenly sent to Abuja as well my but unfortunately we were sent back at Lagos office (teleperformance office ) that the call was not notified to them, but after so many calls to the number a lady picked the call and said there was a mixed and she will notify me my email when next to be at lagos .At the closing of the day, an email was sent on the 23rd December 2014 stating ''the processing of your application has been non-straightforward and we have been unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets''.
Contrary to this, I recieved a call again from one of the workers at the teleperformance ikeja that I am to fill an EEA family visit forms for my children ( economic european ) not tier 4 dependant form and i needed to bring them on friday 2nd of January 2015 or tuesday ) with all the confusion the same staff again around 7.30pm that we should call him on his private number as it is important that we should get the form across so he can send the forms to the British high commission. I would not want anything to affect my children application by calling a man that works there around 7.30pm of which i know they that close that late and even if they do . Why am not receiving mails to the effect ? at least a request to the email address provided should be sent and clearly state what is needed for me to bring regarding the applications made for my daugthers . I am not really cleared on why I have to fill in an EEA ( Economic European Area family visitor form) for them as I would not want to fall into wrong hands .
I did submit all requirements for the tier- 4 dependant visa to apply for my children;
My bank statement ( stating the money was held for more than 28 days )
Letters for my University ,
Letter from my lawyer stating why i have the sole responsibility on my children
Letter from my landlord
My Visa pages ( previous tier 4 visa and the recent one )
So my lovely people on this forum . pls help ooo . I dont know what to do , who to call . i have tried to email abuja.visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk, consular.lagos@fco.gov.uk and my people no response . Any advice at time will be much more appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dude54(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
@learnlife: when did u submit your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Saintsquare(m): 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
justwise:

Give me the link so as to verify, it could an update I'm not aware of.
https://united-kingdom.visahq.com.ng/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lightswitch: 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hi all, pls I just need advise... my cousin in some years back when he was 14 got a "to join parents" visa which is more or less a Stay. For some reason he had to come back voluntarily after 11months and has not returned since. Now 15years later he wants to know if he can still lay claim to that visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
lightswitch:
Hi all, pls I just need advise... my cousin in some years back when he was 14 got a "to join parents" visa which is more or less a Stay. For some reason he had to come back voluntarily after 11months and has not returned since. Now 15years later he wants to know if he can still lay claim to that visa.
Your question is not appropriate, you need to know the type of document and the duration of the visa, or permit, or leave-to-remain that he holds. His parents should be the best people to deal with this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LearnLife: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
dude54:
@learnlife: when did u submit your application
Dec 12 2014
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nuraig(m): 8:19am On Jan 08, 2015
Vicjustice:

With the sponsorship of your own parents who have gained much credibility from the UK immigration, your chance is great if things are done well, and if you are able to satisfy the Visa Officer that your HOD's letter is irrelevant. But if they deem it necessary, then, there would be an outright refusal
thanks. my application was approved. i didnt get a letter from school and i didnt use my school id card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by protonpill: 8:38am On Jan 08, 2015
Hello VicJustice,

I can see you are the man or is it woman sef grin

I wish to crave your indulgence as I have a few questions for you.

I am Nigerian, I work as a geoscientist and my job takes me worldwide.

I graduated with an MSc. from the UK some years ago and presently hold a UK business visa (expires in March, 2015) and a general visitor's visa which expires in a few days time.

I wish to apply for the general visitor's visa to visit a couple of friends/family and even more pressing - my girl friend who is an EU national but resident in the UK.

Is it really necessary for me to make this application now considering i'll be back in Nigeria or my next posting before the expiration of my business visa. Does the business visa even permit my casual travel??

How long is the waiting period now for a general visitor's visa even for regular visitor's with no history of overstaying?

Is there a fasttrack scheme?

In case of an application do I require letters of invitation from any of the possible friends and relatives I could be visiting?

Lastly, I am at the point of settling down and really don't have the faintest idea how my gf and I can get married especially in the UK, is there a chance of me doing this whilst there at some point. Do I need a specific visa for this and would I need to make that application now?

I wish to state that on my passport are valid USA visas and a Schengen visa.

I also wish to state that I am a regular traveller to the UK and I have always repected the terms and conditions of my visas.

Thanking you in anticipation of your response.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:35am On Jan 08, 2015
protonpill:
Hello VicJustice,
I graduated with an MSc. from the UK some years ago and presently hold a UK business visa (expires in March, 2015) and a general visitor's visa which expires in a few days time.
I wish to apply for the general visitor's visa to visit a couple of friends/family and even more pressing - my girl friend who is an EU national but resident in the UK.
Is it really necessary for me to make this application now considering i'll be back in Nigeria or my next posting before the expiration of my business visa. Does the business visa even permit my casual travel??
How long is the waiting period now for a general visitor's visa even for regular visitor's with no history of overstaying?
In case of an application do I require letters of invitation from any of the possible friends and relatives I could be visiting?
Lastly, I am at the point of settling down and really don't have the faintest idea how my gf and I can get married especially in the UK, is there a chance of me doing this whilst there at some point. Do I need a specific visa for this and would I need to make that application now?
I also wish to state that I am a regular traveller to the UK and I have always repected the terms and conditions of my visas.
Yes, you can travel with your business visa for "casual" or tourist visit provided that the main purpose of the visa (which is business) remains valid or that the purpose had been served: except your visa carries a remark that explicitly states that it is strictly for business only,
As for the length of time that it takes to process a tourist visa, that could take anything between 5 days to 4 weeks.
No, you are not required to provide letter of invitation except you are staying with them (in their accommodation), or they are the main purpose that you are visiting the UK: otherwise, hotel reservation would do.
And yes, you'd need a specific visa that would make you eligible to marry in the UK,: your visa must be longer than 6 months or, you must hold a permit that allows you to stay in the UK for more than six months (in a stretch) in order to be qualified to marry in the country.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 10:40am On Jan 08, 2015
protonpill:
Hello VicJustice,
@Emboldened, Yes there is and you qualify for it. It's about 150 pounds or so. Visa is ready in 5 days.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 10:41am On Jan 08, 2015
LearnLife:
Hi guys
Pls i got this message this morning, pls oh what does it mean? im nervous af.
Also got the email that my passport is ready for collection at ikeja tp.
Pls respond, tnx

Dear xxxxxx

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that Teleperformance does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the decision-making process.

Kind regards,

Teleperformance
UK Visa Application Centre

This email and any information transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system.

This is a post-only email address that is not monitored for replies. For questions and more information about visa application, scheduling for an appointment and all other queries please visit the Visa Enquiries section of the UK Visa Application Centre website.

Anyone got a similar message and got their visa?
Sounds like a denial.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pato231(m): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2015
ifyalways:

Sounds like a denial.
Not so,of late the UKBA hasn't sent anyone i know of an approval email and they all got the visa after getting that kind of message,don't give the dude heart attack abeg.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 10:49am On Jan 08, 2015
pato231:

Not so,of late the UKBA hasn't sent anyone i know of an approval email and they all got the visa after getting that kind of message,don't give the dude heart attack abeg.
My dear this is an open forum and the poster i responded to sought a general opinion. I dropped mine, drop yours and we move on.

In a matter of time, the poster would know his/her fate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by protonpill: 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
Vicjustice:

Yes, you can travel with your business visa for "casual" or tourist visit provided that the main purpose of the visa (which is business) remains valid or that the purpose had been served: except your visa carries a remark that explicitly states that it is strictly for business only,
As for the length of time that it takes to process the tourist visa, that could take anything between 5 days to 4 weeks.
No, you are not required to provide letter of invitation except you are staying with them (in their accommodation), or they are the main purpose that you are visiting the UK: otherwise, hotel invitation would do.
And yes, you'd need a specific visa that would make you eligible to marry in the UK,: your visa must be longer than 6 months or, you must hold a permit that allows you to stay for the UK for more than six months (in a stretch) in order to be qualified to marry in the country.
Thanks million.
Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by protonpill: 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
Vicjustice:

As for the length of time that it takes to process the tourist visa, that could take anything between 5 days to 4 weeks.
No, you are not required to provide letter of invitation except you are staying with them (in their accommodation), or they are the main purpose that you are visiting the UK: otherwise, hotel invitation would do.
And yes, you'd need a specific visa that would make you eligible to marry in the UK,: your visa must be longer than 6 months or, you must hold a permit that allows you to stay for the UK for more than six months (in a stretch) in order to be qualified to marry in the country.
Thanks a million.
Much appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by protonpill: 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
Vicjustice:

Thanks a million.
Much appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by protonpill: 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
ifyalways:

@Emboldened, Yes there is and you qualify for it. It's about 150 pounds or so. Visa is ready in 5 days.

Brilliant.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
good day house,
vicjustice, justwise, worry359 and all

just joined and need answers to some of my questions.

my hubby , baby (6month old) and I want to go for a vacation. i,m self employed and want to sponsor the trip.
presently, hubby has like 150,000 in his account while i have a little over a million in my account.
my hubby works with a private firm and would be bringing
1. his payslip
2. letter of introduction and
3. bank statement

while for me been self employed, my documents are
1. bank statement from my business and personal account
2. Certificate of registration for company
3. tax clearance which was paid in may last year
4. marriage cert
5. child's birth cert
6. hotel reservation
7. pictures of my marriage and birth/naming of baby (still using my maiden name)

Is there any other document(s) we need to add?

when explaining the flow of money in the acccount, are we to write the date and amount then explain?
in the section for my income, what should i write since im into business and dont have a fixed salary?
Also, how much should be our budget collectively for a week vacation?

can i be solely responsible for sponsoring the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
@justwise,my wife went for the interview and she said she was grilled,she said she was asked series of questions,but what the interviewer told her was she needs to bring a bill in her name showing my address in the uk,that she has lived there before and bring more pictures,she should bring all those on Monday btw 10-2pm,that she's going to decide on the application on Monday.@justwise please is this looking like a refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
coldstone84:
@justwise,my wife went for the interview and she said she was grilled,she said she was asked series of questions,but what the interviewer told her was she needs to bring a bill in her name showing my address in the uk,that she has lived there before and bring more pictures,she should bring all those on Monday btw 10-2pm,that she's going to decide on the application on Monday.@justwise please is this looking like a refusal

Be positive...it doesn't look like refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
opite:
good day house,
vicjustice, justwise, worry359 and all

just joined and need answers to some of my questions.

my hubby , baby (6month old) and I want to go for a vacation. i,m self employed and want to sponsor the trip.
presently, hubby has like 150,000 in his account while i have a little over a million in my account.
1. his payslip
3. bank statement

4. marriage cert
5. child's birth cert
6. hotel reservation
7. pictures of my marriage and birth/naming of baby (still using my maiden name)

when explaining the flow of money in the acccount, are we to write the date and amount then explain?
in the section for my income, what should i write since im into business and dont have a fixed salary?
Also, how much should be our budget collectively for a week vacation?

can i be solely responsible for sponsoring the trip?

-You can explain it anyway you want as long as its clear enough for them to understand.

-Since you have tax certificate it will explain how much you earn as a business owner.

-Your budget will come from the addition of all your cost, you need to calculate how many flight, accommodation, feeding and shopping will cost the whole family for the trip....that will give you the idea how much to have.

-You can sponsor the trip IF it will not affect the running of your business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
PLs i need some info, am applying fro uk visa soon, so am filling the online form. i came across this question - Have you ever voluntarily elected to depart the UK?---

i dont really understand the question, since in the previous questions i was asked if i have visited the uk b4, and my arrival and departure dates..........so do i conclude that this same question is the same?....and answer yes and enter the dates i departed uk on my previous visit/visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Be positive...it doesn't look like refusal
Thanks so much,am trying to stay positive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
coldstone84:

Thanks so much,am trying to stay positive

Let her go with all those documents requested, its even a good thing that those documents are requested because some people get refused without given the opportunity to submit more material
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
justwise thank you so much

are the documents listed okay?

1. his payslip
3. bank statement

4. marriage cert
5. child's birth cert
6. hotel reservation

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
opite:
justwise thank you so much

are the documents listed okay?

1. his payslip
3. bank statement

4. marriage cert
5. child's birth cert
6. hotel reservation

Budget of the trip and things/places you will be visiting in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
justwise:

Let her go with all those documents requested, its even a good thing that those documents are requested because some people get refused without given the opportunity to submit more material
Thank you justwise,you have really lifted my spirits,I really do appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
coldstone84:

Thank you justwise,you have really lifted my spirits,I really do appreciate

Good luck, hope it works out for you and your wife.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hello House,

Please while filling my children's visa application form, in the field that says 'Please give details of your parents/guardian(s) in your home country?', do I still put my name and my hubby's names even though we are travelling together with them?

Many thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.