Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,427 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980362 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by refreshrate: 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
blank:

I think the letter sent by your company to explain the holiday was unnecessary and not clear thus was misinterpreted by them. They should have just introduced you as their staff, how much you earn and the fact that you have permission to go on leave that period. Not too late, they can still do so. You can explain in the additional information why you think they were wrong but don't sound like you are accusing them of being high on Christmas spirits.

Lol ok boss will do truly grateful for this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by misszionboo(f): 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello house
Just a quick? I was refused uk visa twice in 2012 wit my aunt inviting me 4 her graduation. In 2014 I reapplied with just a very few doc stating dat I lost contact with my aunt. Using hotel reservation. Travelled wit d visa once. And I was granted visa.which will expire on d 30 of jan. Can I reapply by first week of feb or I will sound desperate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello house, I've been wondering about this, I'm applying tourist visa as self employed, I operate a business, I have my certificate of registration of business name, will it serve as certificate of incorporation or I must provide certificate of incorporation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
misszionboo:
Hello house
Just a quick? I was refused uk visa twice in 2012 wit my aunt inviting me 4 her graduation. In 2014 I reapplied with just a very few doc stating dat I lost contact with my aunt. Using hotel reservation. Travelled wit d visa once. And I was granted visa.which will expire on d 30 of jan. Can I reapply by first week of feb or I will sound desperate.

On your last visit, how long did you spend? What was your application visitation based on ? And what is you present occupation (ignore if you desire)? Can you justify another visit within the time-frame in relation to your income and present situation(s) and occupation ?
All this questions and more is/are the criteria your new application would be based upon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
ulale:
Hello house, I've been wondering about this, I'm applying tourist visa as self employed, I operate a business, I have my certificate of registration of business name, will it serve as certificate of incorporation or I must provide certificate of incorporation.

Are you operating as a Limited liability or Sole Trader ? And does your present turnover reflect this foreign holiday treat ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 4:29am On Jan 16, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Are you operating as a Limited liability or Sole Trader ? And does your present turnover reflect this foreign holiday treat ?

Im a sole proprietor and yes my turover reflect the trip, I earn 150k naira or more monthly and will apply with a bank balance of 500k, planning to spend a week there for my friends graduation ceremony, must I provide certificate of incorporation or the certificate of registration of business name will be enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
Visiting my friend in the uk, when applying the visa, using my friends tenancy agreement as a proof of staying in his accommododation or using hotel booking, which one will be better?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sylvester2015: 1:30am On Jan 17, 2015
Hi House;
Please I need advise on how to get this sorted especially from those that have had similar experience.
My wife submitted her settlement application form at Vfs ikeja on 18th September 2014 and I sent the other documents to Sheffield. I have gone for an interview with them in London. I have sent UKVI several emails regarding the application status. On 2 occasions they claim the application is in processing status and then they said it has been processed.
I waited and got no update so I asked my wife to visit TP in Lagos. She was told her documents were not there. I waited one more week and emailed UKVI again; only for them to get back to me saying: (there are no current updates. This could be because the details that you have provided above are incorrect. If it is the former you may contact us at a later stage once our records
have been updated. We will be happy to give you the current status of your application. If the information provided is incorrect then please provide the 9-digit GWF number and the date of birth of the applicant. Alternatively, once the process has been completed and a decision has been made the visa application centre will be in contact as per process.
) I have now called UKVI to enquire about this and they claimed to have an investigation open for it. But this is taking forever.
This investigation was suppose to take 5 days but I am yet to get a response. Every time I call them for an update on this alleged investigation I get charged £1.35p a minute. I have spent over an hour on the phone with them and yet to get any sensible update on this investigation. Whenever I email them they respond a day later claiming to still be waiting for an update. What do I do next?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 10:38am On Jan 17, 2015
ulale:
Visiting my friend in the uk, when applying the visa, using my friends tenancy agreement as a proof of staying in his accommododation or using hotel booking, which one will be better?

Either can serve you. If your friends accommodation details is sufficient to accommodate all.
NB: Is your friend sending you an invitation letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 10:40am On Jan 17, 2015
sylvester2015:
Hi House;
Please I need advise on how to get this sorted especially from those that have had similar experience.
My wife submitted her settlement application form at Vfs ikeja on 18th September 2014 and I sent the other documents to Sheffield. I have gone for an interview with them in London. I have sent UKVI several emails regarding the application status. On 2 occasions they claim the application is in processing status and then they said it has been processed.
I waited and got no update so I asked my wife to visit TP in Lagos. She was told her documents were not there. I waited one more week and emailed UKVI again; only for them to get back to me saying: (there are no current updates. This could be because the details that you have provided above are incorrect. If it is the former you may contact us at a later stage once our records
have been updated. We will be happy to give you the current status of your application. If the information provided is incorrect then please provide the 9-digit GWF number and the date of birth of the applicant. Alternatively, once the process has been completed and a decision has been made the visa application centre will be in contact as per process.
) I have now called UKVI to enquire about this and they claimed to have an investigation open for it. But this is taking forever.
This investigation was suppose to take 5 days but I am yet to get a response. Every time I call them for an update on this alleged investigation I get charged £1.35p a minute. I have spent over an hour on the phone with them and yet to get any sensible update on this investigation. Whenever I email them they respond a day later claiming to still be waiting for an update. What do I do next?

The content of this investigation, is/was it based on the documents submitted on either side or does the border agency suspect foul play?
How did your interview go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 17, 2015
Hello house,
I have an enquiry to make please.i have gone through the other pages as well.
I intend applying for a UK general visit visa 6months or 2years maybe.i am self employed and i have registered my company and in the process of getting my tax certificate now.i intend to stay in the uk for 3months or so before applying for australian or canadian student visa in september.
My problem is would i be allowed to stay for about 3months in the uk with the visit visa?? Or is there any other way to this?
Help please...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:50am On Jan 17, 2015
makky04:
Hello house,
I intend applying for a UK general visit visa 6months or 2years maybe.i am self employed and i have registered my company and in the process of getting my tax certificate now.i intend to stay in the uk for 3months or so before applying for australian or canadian student visa in september.
My problem is would i be allowed to stay for about 3months in the uk with the visit visa?? Or is there any other way to this?
Help please...thanks

Not as a business man, what will you be doing in the UK for 3months and what happens to your business? How will you afford it and still maintain it and still run your business in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
[quote author=justwise post=29870854]

Not as a business man, what will you be doing in the UK for 3months and what happens to your business? How will you afford it and still maintain it and still run your business in Nigeria?

I am an IT professional.so location doesnt matter to me .i just need to be away from nigeria for a month or so .then come back and process my australian student visa in august.
Or i could travel twice within 3months to serve as multiple entry.but i dont intend overstaying my visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
justwise:

I am an IT professional.so location doesnt matter to me .i just need to be away from nigeria for a month or so .then come back and process my australian student visa in august.
Or i could travel twice within 3months to serve as multiple entry.but i dont intend overstaying my visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
makky04:

Even if you are a freelance journalist staying 3 months or even 2 months on visiting visa will not do your application any good. Have you calculated how much it will cost you to stay in the UK for a month at least doing nothing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
justwise:

Even if you are a freelance journalist staying 3 months or even 2 months on visiting visa will not do your application any good. Have you calculated how much it will cost you to stay in the UK for a month at least doing nothing?

Alright .thanks for the advice.accomodation isnt a problem for me and as i have a blood sister there and also can affore paying hotel bills for a month.nonetheless i appreciate your advice .i will make my application and keep the house updated.
God bless for the work you are doing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nijadude: 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nijadude: 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
makky04:
Hello house,
Help please...thanks

please, from what you stated above, your business was newly registered, which procedure are you using to get the tax certificate?
please advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hello House,

Attention Vicjustice, Just wise, Adebyte

As a business owner, please is it advisable to have a salary account and pay yourself salary monthly, and then present your salary account after 6 months as well as business documents for visa purpose?

I currently have a savings account with high credits and also debits. I just want to ascertain if also maintaining a salary account will make the process easier

Thanks so much!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nijadude: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
nijadude:

please, how old is your business? do you have tax clearance? if yes, how did you obtain it? i need advise on how to get one

My business is 8 years old, and yes, you can get company tax clearance from FIRS. They have an office at Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nijadude: 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sylvester2015: 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
Lexusgs430:

The content of this investigation, is/was it based on the documents submitted on either side or does the border agency suspect foul play?
How did your interview go?

The content of the investigation is to find out why I am yet to get a decision/update and why the application details no longer exist on their database after receiving numerous updates on it in the past. Basically the application status is currently: does not exist.
The interview actually went very well. No awkward moments
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
sylvester2015:

The content of the investigation is to find out why I am yet to get a decision/update and why the application details no longer exist on their database after receiving numerous updates on it in the past. Basically the application status is currently: does not exist.
The interview actually went very well. No awkward moments

Send a complaints to the following email address, quoting your application reference number, complaints, update on case etc etc etc
public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by scott509: 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
@dxpx go to Etiebet and check if your application has been returned,sometimes they wont update you and yet decision would have been made and your passport returned to their office.Try to check on monday between 10am and 4pm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
NittaJ:
Hello House,

Attention Vicjustice, Just wise, Adebyte

As a business owner, please is it advisable to have a salary account and pay yourself salary monthly, and then present your salary account after 6 months as well as business documents for visa purpose?

I currently have a savings account with high credits and also debits. I just want to ascertain if also maintaining a salary account will make the process easier

Thanks so much!
It is not necessary to be such salary earner if the business is solely yours, what is needed is a personal account (different from the business account), a personal account from which expenditures are funded
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
Vicjustice:

It is not necessary to be such salary earner if the business is solely yours, what is needed is a personal account (different from the business account), a personal account from which expenditures are funded

Thanks so much for your response. I sincerely appreciate!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sylvester2015: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
Thanks Lexusgs430
I have sent them an email as advised. Now awaiting update from them
Lexusgs430:

Send a complaints to the following email address, quoting your application reference number, complaints, update on case etc etc etc
public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
sylvester2015:
Thanks Lexusgs430
I have sent them an email as advised. Now awaiting update from them

They aim to reply within 20 days, hopefully this matter would get some headway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nijadude: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dxpx: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
scott509:
@dxpx go to Etiebet and check if your application has been returned,sometimes they wont update you and yet decision would have been made and your passport returned to their office.Try to check on monday between 10am and 4pm.

Checked on friday but its yet to arrive. @justwise said it might be due to the holidays.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
I'm a sole proprietor, I import textiles from Dubai and sale it here, want to apply for uk tourist visa, is it a good idea to include the receipts of my Stock purchases from Dubai as a proof of business activities and receipts for payments of clearing the goods. Help please

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.