Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982224 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 11:12am On Jan 26, 2015
Pls i made a mistake in the online uk visa form, and i have submitted it, is there any way to correct this error or can i simply fill a new form with a new email.

2ndly am going with my wife who is self employed..in the section where they are asking money at hand\total cost of this trip to you personally etc, she simply wrote the figures i had already entered in mine, though in additional info, we wrote that the total cost of the trip would be borne by me _ the husband.
We also stated that her total earnings after tax is abt 25k , but we didnt attach any bank statement for her, only mine....cos her biz even though regidtered is on a small scale
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by temi127: 11:32am On Jan 26, 2015
justwise:

...that the money is available for your immediate use....moving large amount of money into your salary account just few weeks to your visa application will be seen as money lodgement.

hello @justwise, hope u r doing great., So i went to my bank GTbank, and was told that they don't give out such letters. that the only thing i can request for is a statement of the fixed deposit account which is not in a letter format. pls what do you suggest?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
yeepa11:

You can include selection of the receipts, if its not too much then add all.

Explain the Dom account issue just the way you did here.

Yes you have to mention your family members even if you are not staying with them, just state that you will not be stating with them.

Thanks bro.....for the quick response,i appreciate....

Pls,i want to kno if my wife will need to write a consent letter?
And can I apply in February as my proposed travel time is April or first week in may(can I state exactly when I will love to travel as first week In may when I will be applying in feb.)thanks

Good day Justwise, VicJustice and every other helpful soul in the house. Happy new year. God bless you all for the good work.

My question:
(I probably will not have asked if the above bolded portion had been answered but it wasn't!)

I intend to re-apply for the UK visas for myself, wify, 3 children. Visited in 2013 on 6 month visas as a family.

My leave is mid-July, 2015 and intend to reapply by February ending or mid-March, 2015 (meaning I will have 4 months before our journey is embarked upon- Mid-March 2015 to Mid-July, 2015)

I think I saw it somewhere here on this thread in 2013 that you can apply for a visa maximum of 3 MONTHS PRECEEDING the date of one's intended journey but am not really sure again and wouldn't know what the current rule says.

1. Kindly help me confirm when earliest I can reapply for the visas for a July journey

2. Kindly tutor me whether it's possible to state in the application specifically when you desire your visa to start counting from and whether such request can be entertained.

3. I intend to apply for my 3rd baby (1 yr old) who wasn't born when we travelled in 2013. Can 2 yr visa be applied for the baby too (irrespective of the fact that she's the only first timer on the crew)

Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
Good day Justwise, VicJustice and every other helpful soul in the house. Happy new year. God bless you all for the good work.

My question:

I intend to re-apply for the UK visas for myself, wify, 3 children. Visited in 2013 on 6 month visas as a family.

My leave is mid-July, 2015 and intend to reapply by February ending or mid-March, 2015 (meaning I will have 4 months before our journey is embarked upon- Mid-March 2015 to Mid-July, 2015)

I think I saw it somewhere here on this thread in 2013 that you can apply for a visa maximum of 3 MONTHS PRECEEDING the date of one's intended journey but am not really sure again and wouldn't know what the current rule says.

1. Kindly help me confirm when earliest I can reapply for the visas for a July journey

2. Kindly tutor me whether it's possible to state in the application specifically when you desire your visa to start counting from and whether such request can be entertained.

3. I intend to apply for my 3rd baby (1 yr old) who wasn't born when we travelled in 2013. Can 2 yr visa be applied for the baby too (irrespective of the fact that she's the only first timer on the crew)

Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
Oga justwise, I'm back with another question I hope you can help me out, there's little cash flow in my company account because I don't save my sales money in the bank, I use the sales money to purchase another stocks, but like I said here i use to save 150k or more monthly in my personal saving, what do you think I will do here please. I can include the receipts of my stock purchases if needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
ulale:
Oga justwise, I'm back with another question I hope you can help me out, there's little cash flow in my company account because I don't save my sales money in the bank, I use the sales money to purchase another stocks, but like I said here i use to save 150k or more monthly in my personal saving, what do you think I will do here please. I can include the receipts of my stock purchases if needed.
No stock purchased does not represent funds avaliable for your trip.
Do you have sufficient funds in your personal account to cover your trip without stripping out everything?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
TCann:

My question:

Thank you all.
1) There is barely any context on how soon is too soon to apply for a visa, and unlike people who are being denied for reason of late application, i do not know anybody who got refused a visa for reason of too early application. I can only give advice based on familiarity and opinion rather than on written letters.
2) You can only choose the date of your intended travel (even if you don't make it on the stated date) but you can not dictate the date that you want the visa to start counting: it is up to the visa officer to issue you the visa in his prerogative in consideration of your stated date of travel.
3) Your baby is an absolute depedant.., therefore, if you're applying for a 2 years visa, (and you intend to be taking him/her on the trips) you can apply for the same type and kind of visa for him/her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 3:32pm On Jan 26, 2015

My question:

Thank you all.

Vicjustice:

There is barely any context on how soon is too soon to apply for a visa, and unlike people who are being denied for reason of late application, i do not know anybody who got refused a visa for reason of too early application. I can only give advice based on familiarity and opinion rather than on written letters.

Thank you VicJustice, God bless.

Buh really, I'm not asking with the objective of wanting to know whether I'll be refused or not, if I apply 4 months preceeding my journey date. I just want to know whether home office policy supports it administratively.

Kindly help do a lil research into it.

Thank you.

NB:
I will appreciate further comments on the issue. @Justwise et al
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by temi127: 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
Good day everyone, pls has anyone got a letter of reference on a fixed deposit account from any bank in Nigeria recently or more precisely from Gtbank?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
TCann:
Thank you VicJustice, God bless.

Buh really, I'm not asking with the objective of wanting to know whether I'll be refused or not, if I apply 4 months preceeding my journey date. I just want to know whether home office policy supports it administratively.

Kindly help do a lil research into it.

Thank you
Your Excellency
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
worry359:

No stock purchased does not represent funds avaliable for your trip.
Do you have sufficient funds in your personal account to cover your trip without stripping out everything?

Like I said, I'm saving 150k or more monthly and by the time I will make my application I will have a bank balance of 500k in personal savings, I want to spend 1 week in the uk for my friends graduation ceremony, the receipts of stock purchases is just for a proof of my business activities, I have my Certificate of registration of business name, and I will get a tax clearance certificate also.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deruboy: 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hello my People, pls I need an advice. I just got my viisa to the usa for visting (2yrs multiple). I got it some days ago. And nw I want to ask if is ppossible for me to apply ffor another visit (1weeek)to the uk. Wil thhey grant me viisa to d uk if they see on my passport dt I avnt yet travel wit d visa (usa) I av on my passport.
I had my masters in uk n got to nigeria last year jan am an HR officer in an hospital n I earn 150k per month. Am starting my leave march 20 n resuming april 20. Am planning to spend 2wks in USA and 1wk in UK. Pls wot is d Risk or oppourtunity of getting d uk vvisa. Pls adv ice me my gwd pple. Thks aall
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 8:21am On Jan 27, 2015
Pls i made a mistake in the online uk visa form, and i have submitted it, is there any way to correct this error or can i simply fill a new form with a new email.

2ndly am going with my wife who is self employed..in the section where they are asking money at hand\total cost of this trip to you personally etc, she simply wrote the figures i had already entered in mine, though in additional info, we wrote that the total cost of the trip would be borne by me _ the husband.
We also stated that her total earnings after tax is abt 25k , but we didnt attach any bank statement for her, only mine....cos her biz even though regidtered is on a small scale

Pls still waiting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 9:49am On Jan 27, 2015
What is the exact mistake you made?

shithapuns:

Pls still waiting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:06am On Jan 27, 2015
ulale:

Like I said, I'm saving 150k or more monthly and by the time I will make my application I will have a bank balance of 500k in personal savings, I want to spend 1 week in the uk for my friends graduation ceremony, the receipts of stock purchases is just for a proof of my business activities, I have my Certificate of registration of business name, and I will get a tax clearance certificate also.
I'm 90% certain that your application will be unsuccessful if you applied for a visa with a bank statement of N500.000.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifax(f): 10:09am On Jan 27, 2015
shithapuns:

Pls still waiting

You don't have to do it with a new email. You can simply start a new application if you haven't paid the fees yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:51am On Jan 27, 2015
deruboy:
Hello my People, pls I need an advice. I just got my viisa to the usa for visting (2yrs multiple). I got it some days ago. And nw I want to ask if is ppossible for me to apply ffor another visit (1weeek)to the uk. Wil thhey grant me viisa to d uk if they see on my passport dt I avnt yet travel wit d visa (usa) I av on my passport.
I had my masters in uk n got to nigeria last year jan am an HR officer in an hospital n I earn 150k per month. Am starting my leave march 20 n resuming april 20. Am planning to spend 2wks in USA and 1wk in UK. Pls wot is d Risk or oppourtunity of getting d uk vvisa. Pls adv ice me my gwd pple. Thks aall
I would have expected a more considerable use of the English letters and a formal presentation from you.
Anyway, every application is treated in its own merit, therefore, a visa for the US does not guarantee you a success with the UK visa. By the way, there are people who need to be concerned that the UK authority might find something that the US embassy did not detect, and therefore advice their US counterpart to revoke their visas.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:00am On Jan 27, 2015
shithapuns:

Pls still waiting
The system allows multiple application form submission, so, if you think that the mistake is gross enough to jeopardize your application, then you can fill in a new application.

As for the second part, you do not have to provide both bank statemts, either of you can take the sponsorship responsibility.
By the way, did you say that you earn N25k (twenty-five thousand Naira) or N250k (two hundred and fifty thousand Naira)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 3:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 4:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
Vicjustice:

The system allows multiple application form submission, so, if you think that the mistake is gross enough to jeopardize your application, then you can fill in a new application.

As for the second part, you do not have to provide both bank statemts, either of you can take the sponsorship responsibility.
By the way, did you say that you earn N25k (twenty-five thousand Naira) or N250k (two hundred and fifty thousand Naira)?

The 25k is the estimated monthly income of my wife, she has a small biz, registered, but no tax payment yet..mine is over 300k, and i hv 3m plus in my acct...

The error was not stating that i hv a married sis in the uk,, am applying as tourist, thus. Not gonna stay with them...

A pal adviced that i simply add my wifes application by clicking the start another application tab on my profile, that way i don't need to submit double. Paperwork.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
also, another wahala, now if I say I have someone in the uk..they form now asks, if you will VISIT or STAY with that person?
is that not a tricky question, why would they lump stay and visit together?......of course I wud viosit my sister, but am applying as a tourist..using hotel booking.

wont answering yes to this question affect me negatively?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nijadude: 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
shithapuns:
also, another wahala, now if I say I have someone in the uk..they form now asks, if you will VISIT or STAY with that person?
is that not a tricky question, why would they lump stay and visit together?......of course I wud viosit my sister, but am applying as a tourist..using hotel booking.

wont answering yes to this question affect me negatively?

which hotel did you reserve and what is their rate? did you make an outright payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
NO, no outright payment, just online booking/reservation, rate is abt 22k/night, so about 220k for 10 nights
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 7:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
Vicjustice:

I'm 90% certain that your application will be unsuccessful if you applied for a visa with a bank statement of N500.000.

Can you advice me how much bank balance I should have? Please, I want to spend a week there and I calculate what I will spend for a flight, hotel, and a little shopping and it won't cost me 500k, it's roughly a little over 400k. I can save up to 1 million in my personal saving if that's what it takes to be optimistic about my visa application outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nijadude: 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
shithapuns:
NO, no outright payment, just online booking/reservation, rate is abt 22k/night, so about 220k for 10 nights

please can you give me the link?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
shithapuns:

The 25k is the estimated monthly income of my wife, she has a small biz, registered, but no tax payment yet..mine is over 300k, and i hv 3m plus in my acct...

The error was not stating that i hv a married sis in the uk,, am applying as tourist, thus. Not gonna stay with them...

A pal adviced that i simply add my wifes application by clicking the start another application tab on my profile, that way i don't need to submit double. Paperwork.....

I got you.
Well, there is no way that you can avoid to indicate that you have. a sister in the UK without using deception, and that is a very serious infraction. I will suggest you make a reapplication otherwise, that (if detected) can get you into a lengthy trouble.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by temi127: 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
Guys, please, I need advice, my bank says they dont issue letter on fixed deposit accounts.. any suggestion @ vicjustice , @justwise, @ everybody...thanks a lot.
P.S I earlier asked if I shld move my fixed deposit into my savings account before application, and someone suggested I shldnt as long as I can prove that the money can be made available to me anytime I need it, now bank says they dont give letters...me I aff tire oh... sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
ulale:

Can you advice me how much bank balance I should have? Please, I want to spend a week there and I calculate what I will spend for a flight, hotel, and a little shopping and it won't cost me 500k, it's roughly a little over 400k. I can save up to 1 million in my personal saving if that's what it takes to be optimistic about my visa application outcome
Click here;
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
nijadude:

please can you give me the link?

WWW.BOOKING.COM

SEARCH using the city you intend to visit, select your dates..chikena.
be carefuland read the fine print some hotels don't allow free cancellation, they will deduct money fromur card as soon as youj book, so be very very careful and read the whole info throughly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 11:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Vicjustice:

Click here;
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

Thanks for the insightful info, I got your point, I won't do money lodgement, if I'm saving 200k monthly for 6 months, that's 1.2m, that wouldn't be regarded as money lodgement, and I apply a visa with my bank statement, to spend a week in uk, i have my registered business, tax clearance and some important business docs, do I have a chance real chance or not? And as I told you the cost of my trip flight, hotel and a little bit of shopping wouldn't exceed 500k, it's lil over 400k as per how I calculate everything
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:59am On Jan 28, 2015
ulale:

Thanks for the insightful info, I got your point, I won't do money lodgement, if I'm saving 200k monthly for 6 months, that's 1.2m, that wouldn't be regarded as money lodgement, and I apply a visa with my bank statement, to spend a week in uk, i have my registered business, tax clearance and some important business docs, do I have a chance real chance or not? And as I told you the cost of my trip flight, hotel and a little bit of shopping wouldn't exceed 500k, it's lil over 400k as per how I calculate everything
If the source of the consistent N200000 is displaying in the bank statement or you are able to provide documented evidence, then it shout be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nijadude: 9:00am On Jan 28, 2015
shithapuns:

WWW.BOOKING.COM

SEARCH using the city you intend to visit, select your dates..chikena.
be carefuland read the fine print some hotels don't allow free cancellation, they will deduct money fromur card as soon as youj book, so be very very careful and read the whole info throughly

Ok. thanks
the ones that allow free cancellation, do i still have to complete the booking with my card?

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.