Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983208 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by supermum850: 8:37am On May 16, 2015
Good morning house,please I need a lot of advice on UK visa application. I intend traveling with my husband and daughter by July, I have no traveling experience but my husband does ( been to the UK and Sweden). My husband runs a registered limited company with his brothers and he won't be using funds from the business for the trip.
He has his savings account and transactions are done on a daily basis cos he does other side business(not registered). And has a percentage of goods from the company which he sells personally as d largest shareholder. My question is
1. Does he have to provide receipts for the goods he sells personally as proof of funds in his account and the contract agreement?
2. Does he have to present personal tax clearance card or the tax clearance card for the business( but he isn't going to submit business account statements since he isn't the sole signatory)
Please need help because I have been reading about people getting rejected cos they can't explain their income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by supermum850: 10:36am On May 16, 2015
justwise, please can you answer my questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:49am On May 16, 2015
supermum850:
Good morning house,please I need a lot of advice on UK visa application. I intend traveling with my husband and daughter by July, I have no traveling experience but my husband does ( been to the UK and Sweden). My husband runs a registered limited company with his brothers and he won't be using funds from the business for the trip.
He has his savings account and transactions are done on a daily basis cos he does other side business(not registered). And has a percentage of goods from the company which he sells personally as d largest shareholder. My question is
1. Does he have to provide receipts for the goods he sells personally as proof of funds in his account and the contract agreement?
2. Does he have to present personal tax clearance card or the tax clearance card for the business( but he isn't going to submit business account statements since he isn't the sole signatory)
Please need help because I have been reading about people getting rejected cos they can't explain their income

Does he get paid salary from the registered company and how much?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by supermum850: 10:54am On May 16, 2015
No paid salary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:13am On May 16, 2015
supermum850:
No paid salary

That will be an issue because he will not be able to support his application with any financial document as the source.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:31am On May 16, 2015
chimaamaechi17:
Pls guys, justwise, vicjustice nd others, pls answer my question on how to get a personal tax clearance. It is part of d requirements for a short stay shengen visa at Belgium embassy. pls guys help me out. it is d only challenge im facing at d moment... thank u all as i await ur responses...
What is your occupation, i mean, explain your sources of income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by daysoffavor: 11:46am On May 16, 2015
adeza:
Thanks justwise, really right about u can't predict until you get Ur visa, finally got a msg from Teleperformance yday after what I got from the embassy on Thursday. We were all given visas. Thanks again.

Please boss...when did you submit? how long did the renewal take? how many business days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by daysoffavor: 11:48am On May 16, 2015
adeza:
Thanks justwise, really right about u can't predict until you get Ur visa, finally got a msg from Teleperformance yday after what I got from the embassy on Thursday. We were all given visas. Thanks again.

Please boss when did you submit your applkication? how many days did the renewal take? would appreciate a response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by supermum850: 12:06pm On May 16, 2015
justwise:

That will be an issue because he will not be able to support his application with any financial document as the source.

He has receipts of sales he does personally which is stated in the contract that he is entitled to a certain number of goods every month for some period of years. But the receipts are still has the company's name on it . What else can he do to show the money is actually his aside the receipts?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kkoffo(m): 3:47pm On May 16, 2015
Basic Travelling Allowance/Maintenance Money for UK is how much please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:10pm On May 16, 2015
donciccio:
Justwise, Vicjustice and my Fellow NL'ers, I've just received my parcel yesterday and was refused visa. I submitted on the 29th March, and was assessed with a decision on the 6th May. kindly advise what could've been amended on this application. Also will like to know how long for me to reapply again.
See attachments.
Please, check this link for my response:
https://www.nairaland.com/2317990/more-reasons-why-visa-applications#33799049
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:13pm On May 16, 2015
chimaamaechi17:
@justwise nd others, pls l need ur assistance on dis... I intend applying for a short stay enstonian visa at Belgium embassy as dey ar responsible to issue short stay visa to Estonia and one of d requirements is to provide a PERSONAL TAX CLEARANCE. My elder brother is my sponsor. Pls how can my brother get a personal tax clearance since he is my sponsor? Pls justwise, vicjustice and others, help me with dis as it d only challenge facing me now... Tanx as l await ur response.l
You would be refused as it is not deemed reasonable for an adult who is not capable for self sponsorship to travel as a tourist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:15pm On May 16, 2015
nenelistic:
Hi Justwise and Vicjustice. I have just been refused a visa on the following:

Please guide me as to how to reapply. I want to reapply on Thursday and book my appointment for Friday.
For the joint account. I have runned that account since 2011. The same account I used for my tier 4 visa application in 2011 and it has been functional since then. I put my savings in that account because it is not easily accessible and I find that I spend less on that account. I submitted two account statements. One that had my salary with a balance of 99,000 and the this joint account. Am I not allowed to hold my savings anywhere I please? They also spoke on assets and no dependant, can I show them my car documents and my newly renewed tenancy agreement. If that can convince them that I ain't going nowhere. It's quite frustrating. Pls guide me through my next application pls
Please, visit this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/2317990/more-reasons-why-visa-applications#33799049
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:48pm On May 16, 2015
supermum850:

He has receipts of sales he does personally which is stated in the contract that he is entitled to a certain number of goods every month for some period of years. But the receipts are still has the company's name on it . What else can he do to show the money is actually his aside the receipts?

I really can't think of anything he can do to show that the money is his, all he can do now is to present those receipts, the contract and explain in details how his business works.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by legendsmother(f): 5:58am On May 17, 2015
Ok I finally got all his documentation, thank God his company hr also gave him his tax clearance till date his saalary is about 150 plus he's been wrking 4 7yrs. We are tinking of also adding my dad as a sponsor also is dat a good idea? My hubby got landed property n a house we live in, is this a good shot? We want to apply by Dec pls help
D motive of d travel is that am going to buy stuffs I would sell here in naija, also I have no relatives dere
What kind of visa shud I go for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2015
legendsmother:
Ok I finally got all his documentation, thank God his company hr also gave him his tax clearance till date his saalary is about 150 plus he's been wrking 4 7yrs. We are tinking of also adding my dad as a sponsor also is dat a good idea? My hubby got landed property n a house we live in, is this a good shot? We want to apply by Dec pls help
D motive of d travel is that am going to buy stuffs I would sell here in naija, also I have no relatives dere
What kind of visa shud I go for?

Are you traveling together?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chimaamaechi17: 11:22am On May 17, 2015
My elder broda is my sponsor. He works wit a multinational company in Nigeria as an area sales manager. I want to apply for an Estonia short stay visa at Belgian embassy (as dey represent Estonia Nigeria) so as to apply 4 residence permit for studies in Estonia, which is allowed for masters student. D only challenge am facing is how to get my sponsor's personal tax clearance. Any help wud be appreciatd frm u vicjustice... Am a student... Just got admitted into a uni. In Estonia
Vicjustice:

What is your occupation, i mean, explain your sources of income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chimaamaechi17: 11:31am On May 17, 2015
I cannot be refused in Jesus Name...
Vicjustice:
You would be refused as it is not deemed reasonable for an adult who is not capable for self sponsorship to travel as a tourist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:52pm On May 17, 2015
chimaamaechi17:
I cannot be refused in Jesus Name...
Jesus has no business in visa issue, He is not partial, therefore, it is in His interest to allow the rules and regulations to play their course.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2015
Vicjustice:

Jesus has no business in visa issue, He is not partial, therefore, it is in His interest to allow the rules and regulations to play their course.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by legendsmother(f): 3:29pm On May 17, 2015
@justwise no am traveling alone as I said am d one who is interested in buying things from the UK to sell here in naija. Am a final year student of UNIPORT so I don't have a job yet but I do have a savings acct for my small small coins
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:34pm On May 17, 2015
legendsmother:
@justwise no am traveling alone as I said am d one who is interested in buying things from the UK to sell here in naija. Am a final year student of UNIPORT so I don't have a job yet but I do have a savings acct for my small small coins

It will be a tight budget for you now because of exchange rate and cost of traveling during Xmas or Jan, traveling Feb or March will give you more better chance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chimaamaechi17: 6:45pm On May 17, 2015
U ar right vicjustice but u misunderstood me... I am nt going for tourism but for studies. I am only goin tru Belgian embassy for short stay visa into Estonia so as to apply for residence permit for studies as it is allowed for masters student in Estonia... Part of d requirement is personal tax clearance nd my broda is my sponsor... Thanks 4 ur time nd would appreciate ur response
Vicjustice:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nenelistic: 7:20pm On May 17, 2015
@Vicjustice
Great tips. As much as I want to agree with you. I'd like to say that it really does not apply. Several people have budgeted over 5 times what they earn and still get it. I feel like it might have a little more to do with the officers state of mind cos it's so freaking ridiculous what these guys say to refuse you. How can you be asking me for assets when I havent even worked for over two years. How can you be asking for home tie when I have a job and they know how hard it is to lay your hands on a job in Nigeria. How can they be questioning how much I want to spend when my account balance clearly shows that I can afford it. Everybody knows that you can get good things when you travel. There is really no cast in stone method when it comes to refusal. Just be try your best to convince them and you shall get your visa. it is very unjust and I feel like there should be some form of government intervention. You can't keep giving absurd reasons why Nigerians shouldn't travel because you want to collect visa money from us. It's really unfair. There should be a standard. Enough said

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 8:22pm On May 17, 2015
justwise. vic, and other gurus in the house pls help..... my application was refused in 2011 based on the grounds that i have planned to spending 2 month of my salary and since then i have not re-applied....

However, I am planning to apply in SEPTEMBER but i am a bit confused.. I run a savings account with diamond bank and i receive a salary of 250k every month from xyz company... i am also into importation of tokunbo cars and i use this same account for the transactions.... in february i sold 3 cars and the money was deposited into the salary account.... would like to know if i should use the account for the visa application... i have the bill of lading all in my name as proof.... the cars are being sold by my friends who has a car mart.....please advise....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 9:26pm On May 17, 2015
nenelistic:
@Vicjustice
Great tips. As much as I want to agree with you. I'd like to say that it really does not apply. Several people have budgeted over 5 times what they earn and still get it. I feel like it might have a little more to do with the officers state of mind cos it's so freaking ridiculous what these guys say to refuse you. How can you be asking me for assets when I havent even worked for over two years. How can you be asking for home tie when I have a job and they know how hard it is to lay your hands on a job in Nigeria. How can they be questioning how much I want to spend when my account balance clearly shows that I can afford it. Everybody knows that you can get good things when you travel. There is really no cast in stone method when it comes to refusal. Just be try your best to convince them and you shall get your visa. it is very unjust and I feel like there should be some form of government intervention. You can't keep giving absurd reasons why Nigerians shouldn't travel because you want to collect visa money from us. It's really unfair. There should be a standard. Enough said

your greatest undoing was your cancelled hotel reservation.

that's the main reason why you got refused. all the added reasons in the refusal letter were just 'topup'.

even if you earned 1m with 10m bank statement, you would still have been refused as a result of the ECO's inability to confirm your hotel reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nenelistic: 10:42pm On May 17, 2015
Ralphlauren:

your greatest undoing was your cancelled hotel reservation.

that's the main reason why you got refused. all the added reasons in the refusal letter were just 'topup'.

even if you earned 1m with 10m bank statement, you would still have been refused as a result of the ECO's inability to confirm your hotel reservation.
Yes, I am well aware. Not my fault though. Bank could preauthorize within shortest time. I kept calling the hotel to be patient but they were not having it. Better luck next time for me I guess
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by legendsmother(f): 12:04am On May 18, 2015
Ok just wise so what do u tink? I shud apply by march?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:16am On May 18, 2015
askari01:
justwise. vic, and other gurus in the house pls help..... my application was refused in 2011 based on the grounds that i have planned to spending 2 month of my salary and since then i have not re-applied....

However, I am planning to apply in SEPTEMBER but i am a bit confused.. I run a savings account with diamond bank and i receive a salary of 250k every month from xyz company... i am also into importation of tokunbo cars and i use this same account for the transactions.... in february i sold 3 cars and the money was deposited into the salary account.... would like to know if i should use the account for the visa application... i have the bill of lading all in my name as proof.... the cars are being sold by my friends who has a car mart.....please advise....

Your salary is good, you can use the account but take time to explain other money that goes in it and attach documents to support the source
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:18am On May 18, 2015
legendsmother:
Ok just wise so what do u tink? I shud apply by march?

March will be good because ticket is a lot cheaper then, at the moment the ticket alone will take 3 months of your hubby's salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 12:59pm On May 18, 2015
@ All
Hello,
Please I am trying to sponsor my husband to the UK, just need to confirm what I need to gather
1. I was told that I need a 12 months payslip, is this true?
2. If my husband has got a business in Nigeria which he barely started 6 months ago, does he need to provide a tax clearance or I should not get it complicated by putting on the letter that he's got a business? He doesn't pay any tax, so I was wondering if I should risk it by putting on the letter that he's got a business, cos I don't want the situation that the people will be asking that since he's not working or something, he's being refused entry
3. Regarding the phone calls, I called lebara to try and get like around a year call history, when I went online, I was only able to print out 2months, is that sufficient or how can I print out a year call history?
4. Do you suggest I involve a lawyer to help me with the application?
5. What copy of passport do I need to provide, British or nigerian?
6. Lastly, the documents I have at the moment are, English test, Yellow fever and tuberculosis test (for my husband), but for me I have marriage cert, bank statement of 6 months, payslip of 6 months, letter of invitation, Passport photograph, wedding pictures and old days pictures, proof of address, proof of employment, tenancy agreement, council tax info
Is there any other information I need?

Please guys I need a honest suggestion and advise. Do feel free to ask me any question.
Thanks in advance
Toyin

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.