Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982879 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:55pm On May 18, 2015
ToyinNick:
@ All
Hello,
Please I am trying to sponsor my husband to the UK, just need to confirm what I need to gather
1. I was told that I need a 12 months payslip, is this true?
2. If my husband has got a business in Nigeria which he barely started 6 months ago, does he need to provide a tax clearance or I should not get it complicated by putting on the letter that he's got a business? He doesn't pay any tax, so I was wondering if I should risk it by putting on the letter that he's got a business, cos I don't want the situation that the people will be asking that since he's not working or something, he's being refused entry
3. Regarding the phone calls, I called lebara to try and get like around a year call history, when I went online, I was only able to print out 2months, is that sufficient or how can I print out a year call history?
4. Do you suggest I involve a lawyer to help me with the application?
5. What copy of passport do I need to provide, British or nigerian?
6. Lastly, the documents I have at the moment are, English test, Yellow fever and tuberculosis test (for my husband), but for me I have marriage cert, bank statement of 6 months, payslip of 6 months, letter of invitation, Passport photograph, wedding pictures and old days pictures, proof of address, proof of employment, tenancy agreement, council tax info
Is there any other information I need?

Please guys I need a honest suggestion and advise. Do feel free to ask me any question.
Thanks in advance
Toyin

Is this spouse visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Benjamite01: 2:05pm On May 18, 2015
Help Needed,
Please i will be happy so see a Useful Comment.I was Denied a French Visa for Attending Conference. On the Ground that " Your Intention to Leave the Territory of the Member State before the Expiry of the Visa Could not be Ascertained. And there is no Doubt that i submitted all the Necessary Document. I was Given an option to Appeal and i did after 2weeks of the Visa Denial. its been a Month Now and i have not heard anything. My Question is, Am i going to get Acknowledge that my Appeal has been Received? and How Long will it take them to decided on my Appeal. 2. Can the Appeal still Favour me Since the Conference date has Past. 3. Where do i get there Phone Number. Thanks for Response in Anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 2:13pm On May 18, 2015
Benjamite01:
Help Needed,
Please i will be happy so see a Useful Comment.I was Denied a French Visa for Attending Conference. On the Ground that " Your Intention to Leave the Territory of the Member State before the Expiry of the Visa Could not be Ascertained. And there is no Doubt that i submitted all the Necessary Document. I was Given an option to Appeal and i did after 2weeks of the Visa Denial. its been a Month Now and i have not heard anything. My Question is, Am i going to get Acknowledge that my Appeal has been Received? and How Long will it take them to decided on my Appeal. 2. Can the Appeal still Favour me Since the Conference date has Past. 3. Where do i get there Phone Number. Thanks for Response in Anticipation.
Why do you waste your time and their time and money by appealing the rejection?
The conference is past so you will not be issued a visa under any circumstances.
Why are you surprised that the French reply is slow (this is normal for them) when you are wasting their time.

Move on and improve your ties to home if you try again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 18, 2015
Pls house i need your inputs,i have travelled to the UK using a visitor visa for 2 weeks in 2014... i want to do a renewal of 2years,but i intend to go with my hubby as d last trip was really boring without him...but i av a problem,i intend to sponsor becos he has bin out of job for like one year...as they were placed on standby in his company.so he has not income for now...Is it possible for me to sponsor...and what are his chances becos he wld be applying for 6months n me for 2yrs.......cc: vicjustice,justwise and all d gurus pls respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:49pm On May 18, 2015
teana4040:
Pls house i need your inputs,i have travelled to the UK using a visitor visa for 2 weeks in 2014... i want to do a renewal of 2years,but i intend to go with my hubby as d last trip was really boring without him...but i av a problem,i intend to sponsor becos he has bin out of job for like one year...as they were placed on standby in his company.so he has not income for now...Is it possible for me to sponsor...and what are his chances becos he wld be applying for 6months n me for 2yrs.......cc: vicjustice,justwise and all d gurus pls respond
You're good to be his sponsor, his chance will depend on his credibility and on your own merit

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by labiola: 9:36am On May 19, 2015
My wife did an online programme in UK, she has been invited for convocation sometimes in july with the opportunity to have 3guest. I would like go with her, since this is our first time. Pls i need your advice on how to go about the application for both of us.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:56am On May 19, 2015
@Vicjustice thanks for d prompt response,but wht do u mean his credibilty?does he need to put it job details and his statement of account or do we leave it out and put jus mine
Vicjustice:

You're good to be his sponsor, his chance will depend on his credibility and on your own merit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:40pm On May 19, 2015
teana4040:
@Vicjustice thanks for d prompt response,but wht do u mean his credibilty?does he need to put it job details and his statement of account or do we leave it out and put jus mine
He can apply under your sponsorship without providing his own bank statement, and his application will be decided on the basis of your own merit: meaning,, you capability will be considered as well as the credibility that he will observe the conditions of the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by easyxtan: 10:26pm On May 19, 2015
CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME THE WEBSITE WHERE I CAN APPLY ONLINE FOR VISITOR VISA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rochf10: 10:38pm On May 19, 2015
@vicjustice, justwise and the rest of the gurus. My friend and I have decided to forego reapplying for a UK visa and just apply for a Schengen visa via the German embassy. Would our 2 refusals to the UK affect our chances from getting a Schengen visa? My conditions when applying are the following (1) 6 months Salary account with a closing balance of 1M (2) 5 month savings account with a closing balance of another 1M (3) good travel history (been to several countries i.e. Maldives, Morroco, UAE, Thailand) (4) main reason to go is to attend the Oktoberfest in Munich (5) will obtain salary certificate, approved leave form and other documents from employer. Do you think we stand a good chance to be given a Schengen visa albeit the UK refusals? Thanks in advance!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 6:16am On May 20, 2015
rochf10:
@vicjustice, justwise and the rest of the gurus. My friend and I have decided to forego reapplying for a UK visa and just apply for a Schengen visa via the German embassy. Would our 2 refusals to the UK affect our chances from getting a Schengen visa? My conditions when applying are the following (1) 6 months Salary account with a closing balance of 1M (2) 5 month savings account with a closing balance of another 1M (3) good travel history (been to several countries i.e. Maldives, Morroco, UAE, Thailand) (4) main reason to go is to attend the Oktoberfest in Munich (5) will obtain salary certificate, approved leave form and other documents from employer. Do you think we stand a good chance to be given a Schengen visa albeit the UK refusals? Thanks in advance!

If the reason for your two refusals to the UK is still the same then there is a good chance that Shengan / Germany will refuse you as well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:48am On May 20, 2015
rochf10:
Remarkably, when guys like you ask this sort of question, all you seemingly want to hear is a positive encouragement rather than to hear the real thing. And when i say my opinion which might not be what you want to hear, then the matter is converted into a religious issue with response like "i reject that in Je**s name", or "I'll leave it to G*d", etc.
This said, i still like to respond by saying that although, the double refusals are definitely going to make the Germans more cautious of you and probably help the embassy to reach an easy decision to refuse your application, but you can very well get the visa if your apllication is well presented.
I warn you: if you know that you are not fully ready, or that the reasons for the UK refusals have not been resolved, then you stand a very high risk of a Schengen refusal, and that will look bad whenever you tried for any other country like the US etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by easyxtan: 10:01am On May 20, 2015
SORRY FOR ASKING THIS BUT PLEASE CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENT A PENSIONER NEED TO APPLY FOR VISITING VISA,SHE HAS BEEN INVITED TO ATTEND A CHURCH PROGRAM.

PLEASE I NEED AN URGENT REPLY
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:03am On May 20, 2015
easyxtan:
SORRY FOR ASKING THIS BUT PLEASE CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENT A PENSIONER NEED TO APPLY FOR VISITING VISA,SHE HAS BEEN INVITED TO ATTEND A CHURCH PROGRAM.

PLEASE I NEED AN URGENT REPLY
Check this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 1:44pm On May 20, 2015
my hotel reservation got cancelled while my application(renewal) is still being reviewed...i have now booked a new appointment with a new reservation number and emailed it to the lagos british consular office email with my application number quoted, i hope this wont raise any red flags?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rochf10: 2:18pm On May 20, 2015
Thank you worry357 and vicjustice for the honest reply. My first reason of refusal was submitting only my salary account with 0 balance as I thought they were only concern that salary was coming in. I did not submit my savings account then. In my second refusal, they found an unexplained deposit in my savings account (which was an honest mistake). I will try to negate this factor by submitting only my salary account this time. My question is, should I explain to the German embassy the reasons for my refusal to the UK? Will it help or will it sound desperate? Many thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 3:37pm On May 20, 2015
Yes please it is

Is this spouse visa application?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 3:42pm On May 20, 2015
Yes it is
justwise:

Is this spouse visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 3:45pm On May 20, 2015
@justwise
Yes it is
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:34pm On May 20, 2015
ToyinNick:
@ All
Hello,
Please I am trying to sponsor my husband to the UK, just need to confirm what I need to gather
1. I was told that I need a 12 months payslip, is this true?
2. If my husband has got a business in Nigeria which he barely started 6 months ago, does he need to provide a tax clearance or I should not get it complicated by putting on the letter that he's got a business? He doesn't pay any tax, so I was wondering if I should risk it by putting on the letter that he's got a business, cos I don't want the situation that the people will be asking that since he's not working or something, he's being refused entry
3. Regarding the phone calls, I called lebara to try and get like around a year call history, when I went online, I was only able to print out 2months, is that sufficient or how can I print out a year call history?
4. Do you suggest I involve a lawyer to help me with the application?
5. What copy of passport do I need to provide, British or nigerian?
6. Lastly, the documents I have at the moment are, English test, Yellow fever and tuberculosis test (for my husband), but for me I have marriage cert, bank statement of 6 months, payslip of 6 months, letter of invitation, Passport photograph, wedding pictures and old days pictures, proof of address, proof of employment, tenancy agreement, council tax info
Is there any other information I need?

Please guys I need a honest suggestion and advise. Do feel free to ask me any question.
Thanks in advance
Toyin

1. 6 months payslip will do.

2. For spouse visa application the money comes from you as his sponsor, his earnings will not be needed, you need to proof that you are earning £18600 a year.

3. You submit not only phone call history but whatsapp, Facebook, Skype , emails...all means of communication both of you have ever used.

4. No need for a lawyer but if you have money to throw around then feel free to get one.

5. British passport

6. Your list of documents are good but yellow fever and letter of invitation are not needed, you need to add more pictures...wedding pics, pictures of both of you together before marriage, if you have ever sent him money or gift add the evidence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 8:14pm On May 20, 2015
rochf10:
Thank you worry357 and vicjustice for the honest reply. My first reason of refusal was submitting only my salary account with 0 balance as I thought they were only concern that salary was coming in. I did not submit my savings account then. In my second refusal, they found an unexplained deposit in my savings account (which was an honest mistake). I will try to negate this factor by submitting only my salary account this time. My question is, should I explain to the German embassy the reasons for my refusal to the UK? Will it help or will it sound desperate? Many thanks!

For Germany Schengen visa, you filled the application online, print it out and book an appointment online to goes submit the application and interview. Your chances, will depend on the purpose of visit to Germany, home ties, letter of invitation, hotel reservations, Bank statement etc. If asked during interview, yes explain the reasons for the refusal, as there is not provision on the Schengen form to state this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 8:29pm On May 20, 2015
gaskinachi:
my hotel reservation got cancelled while my application(renewal) is still being reviewed...i have now booked a new appointment with a new reservation number and emailed it to the lagos british consular office email with my application number quoted, i hope this wont raise any red flags?

The usual problem is that people make an on line hotel booking
but after a certain time if the booking is not paid then the hotel cancells it.
(They are getting unhappy with bookings not being completed.)
When visa office checks there is no booking so you get rejection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 8:36pm On May 20, 2015
worry357:

The usual problem is that people make an on line hotel booking
but after a certain time if the booking is not paid then the hotel cancells it.
(They are getting unhappy with bookings not being completed.)
When visa office checks there is no booking so you get rejection.

I have done a new booking and emailed it to the lagos consular office since my acknowledgement mail said my application is being treated there...my chances are next to hopeless still?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 9:16pm On May 20, 2015
The Gurus in the house, your guide is humbly solicited on my application. I was refused U.K visa in 2013. My cousin who is a Briton invited me. All my papers were genuine but was refused on the basis that I did not explain the basis of some fund I deposited in my account towards filling that application. I earn 100k per month. I was investing on housing project then so money don't really stay in my account until towards the filling of the application.

I was given an appeal option but did not bother to appeal because my leave would have lapsed by the time the visa would be given.

Now, my office is sponsoring two Of us to a (5 days conference, all expenses paid by the office including, conference fee, hotel with DTA of 300USDollar per day. My question now is that

1. Are we to put our documents together in one envelope. All payments were made by the office with single receipts with our names jointly written on them for the conference and Hotel.

2. We have combined reference letter from the office.

3. We have single office Bank Statement.
4. Do we need to include photographs of official engagements, group photographs with VIP's we work with.
5. Do we have to include other personal documents (for a married man like me with kids)
6. I have personal savings account apart from my salary account though I do not have much balance in it but huge amount of money comes in and out often for supply business I does.

Please, I need your guide. God bless as you take your time to help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 10:30pm On May 20, 2015
Hi guys, I have bn going through the comments on here and i must say that you guys are superb. I need you guys to help me with this, I was denied UK visa last year August cos the VO felt he was not convinced that I can sustain myself while in Uk and that I will return home after the visit that was sponsored by my employer. Then my salary was not fantastic, shortly after that refusal I was promoted to Head of Foreign Trade Unit of my company with basic salary of 150,000, official car, 10k recharge card monthly, free Accommodation and other freebies. Fast forward to 2015, I was given shengen business visa and in March I visited Italy, France and Germany on official assignment to negotiate for machineries, but my passport was only stamped in and out in Frankfurt. Now a company in UK is manufacturing Machines for us in Kent, and the company has mandated me to go to UK to see these machines as Head of Foreign Trade. My question is what are my chances? The UK company has sent IV letter to my company. I have so many heavy transactions/transfer in my personal account bn payment for personal runs I'm doing aside the company to make hustle pay. My company has a policy of giving managerial position salary through issuance of cheque and not payment into a particular account. How do I explain this in my application? I also help some companies in China to source for customers in Nigeria, and they have paid me 1000usd, 975usd and 800usd as my commission in the last few months. I also work as a consultant with a firm in Abuja here, and they pay me per hour, at times I get 50k in a month,a times 60k etc. can I add this information considering it is an official assignment? I equally have a salon that I opened before I applied last year, but it just started bringing good money, even though salon is registered but no account for the salon, I use my personal account presently. I'm married with a kid, and my wife works with PWC. Kindly advice please on how to go about this. Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:43am On May 21, 2015
My passsport age is 17 I was in UK few months ago ... I was at my uncles place and they said I can't work cause i wasn't permitted .. I'm bout to apply for a 2year visa with my dad is there anyway I could get a work permit visa considering the age on my passport.. pls any answer will be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 1:18am On May 21, 2015
obipyper:
My passsport age is 17 I was in UK few months ago ... I was at my uncles place and t[i]hey said I can't work[/i] cause i wasn't permitted .. I'm bout to apply for a 2year visa with my dad is there anyway I could get a work permit visa considering the age on my passport.. pls any answer will be appreciated

No
you're applying as a visitor
your 2year visiting visa application is not guaranteed -yet
At 17 you do no qualify for any job/post warranting a work permit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 1:31am On May 21, 2015
JADESOLA15:
Hi guys, I have bn going through the comments on here and i must say that you guys are superb. I need you guys to help me with this, I was denied UK visa last year August cos the VO felt he was not convinced that I can sustain myself while in Uk and that I will return home after the visit that was sponsored by my employer. Then my salary was not fantastic, shortly after that refusal I was promoted to Head of Foreign Trade Unit of my company with basic salary of 150,000, official car, 10k recharge card monthly, free Accommodation and other freebies. Fast forward to 2015, I was given shengen business visa and in March I visited Italy, France and Germany on official assignment to negotiate for machineries, but my passport was only stamped in and out in Frankfurt. Now a company in UK is manufacturing Machines for us in Kent, and the company has mandated me to go to UK to see these machines as Head of Foreign Trade. My question is what are my chances? The UK company has sent IV letter to my company. I have so many heavy transactions/transfer in my personal account bn payment for personal runs I'm doing aside the company to make hustle pay. My company has a policy of giving managerial position salary through issuance of cheque and not payment into a particular account. How do I explain this in my application? I also help some companies in China to source for customers in Nigeria, and they have paid me 1000usd, 975usd and 800usd as my commission in the last few months. I also work as a consultant with a firm in Abuja here, and they pay me per hour, at times I get 50k in a month,a times 60k etc. can I add this information considering it is an official assignment? I equally have a salon that I opened before I applied last year, but it just started bringing good money, even though salon is registered but no account for the salon, I use my personal account presently. I'm married with a kid, and my wife works with PWC. Kindly advice please on how to go about this. Thanks in advance

All these within 10months?!? Congrats
This time you will be applying with your company's details mainly, manufacturers letter, employment letters, etc etc
On you're own part you will show evidence of you're ties to the country
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 4:06am On May 21, 2015
B
zoomzu:
The Gurus in the house, your guide is humbly solicited on my application. I was refused U.K visa in 2013. My cousin who is a Briton invited me. All my papers were genuine but was refused on the basis that I did not explain the basis of some fund I deposited in my account towards filling that application. I earn 100k per month. I was investing on housing project then so money don't really stay in my account until towards the filling of the application.

I was given an appeal option but did not bother to appeal because my leave would have lapsed by the time the visa would be given.

Now, my office is sponsoring two Of us to a (5 days conference, all expenses paid by the office including, conference fee, hotel with DTA of 300USDollar per day. My question now is that

1. Are we to put our documents together in one envelope. All payments were made by the office with single receipts with our names jointly written on them for the conference and Hotel.

2. We have combined reference letter from the office.

3. We have single office Bank Statement.
4. Do we need to include photographs of official engagements, group photographs with VIP's we work with.
5. Do we have to include other personal documents (for a married man like me with kids)
6. I have personal savings account apart from my salary account though I do not have much balance in it but huge amount of money comes in and out often for supply business I does.

Please, I need your guide. God bless as you take your time to help.

Justwise, please I need your respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.