Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980325 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by CuteAngel(f): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks all for your advice and suggestions i really appreciate. i hope to reapply soon with a detailed letter. I pray all goes well. Thanks again y'all and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Beezus: 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
justwise:

What is your salary range and how much do you get from other source of income?

@ Justwise: sorry for my late reply.
my salary is 108k after tax and my commission usually varies. Minimum per month is 50k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nunaija: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello good people. I just found out about this thread. You suggestions would be highly appreciated.
I applied for a student visitor visa in February and was denied. Reasons: I only included my savings account and not my salary account which shows my monthly salary of 250k.
Due to lack of experience I also got the "How much do you have for this trip?" question wrong... I mentioned all I had in my account...was confused
I booked for a hotel for 1 week
I included my payslips for 6 months with the savings account(970k balance).
All other documents were included.
I am married and my monthly take home is 240k excluding project bonus which varies. The course I'm going for is just 1 week and I stated this in my application. I was able to defer the training programme to October and I want to reapply for the visa. Kindly advice on what I should do differently this time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akyiremlouis: 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
i still need more clarification and advise about MONEY LODGEMENT thing. thats it means that i should keep my entire savings for the for six months period without investing or i can invest in t bills and later transferred it into the same account and print the statement some few days before the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akyiremlouis: 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
i applied for uk visa last year and was refused with following reasons. you are travelling alone as tourist and have indicated that you have no friends and family in uk. as a result i am not satisfied you are genuine visitor.HOW DO I ADDRESS THESE CONCERN RAISED BY THE ECO. is it compulsory to travel with someone to spend your private holiday or friends in uk. I NEED ADVICE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Well, d tax officer [/b]found out from the statement of account'[b]. This is a faceless forum and no point lying about anything.

The way yu dey suspect my question taya me oh. What if am in that department 'that disburses money' for an event. What if I am a member of d planning commitee? I simply aasked if I need to clarify how that entered my account. Besides my ofice name is shown to be d person who transferred.

askari01:

I am not sure He went to the tax office, cos if he truly went there, your response shouldn't be that found out that In some months preceeding, he didnt make profit while some months d profit slightly varies All we want to know is his monthly income..... Once the ECO sees your bank statements and tax clearance,They already know how much you earn monthly and for your info , It must correlate with what you have on your application form. Applying for a UK visa is like preparing for an examination... no orijo nor short cut, Study hard and Pass is the word.

Secondly... Why are you the one to organize and disburse money for a company's event Dont you have a department that's suppose to handle that? Always remember that the ECO ain't smiling at all, They want to refuse you, They know alot of Nigerian's lie too much so they are always ready for you. You can do nothing if they refuse you so always try to perfect everything before applying. Nevertheless. You can try your luck by explaining yourself on the additional info that's if you have any document to prove this + 100% luck is required...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by djbaju(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks, that means 38gbp don burn be tht
justwise:

Your name supposed to be written on that IV
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by llamidi80: 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello house
Kudos to the Gurus. Justwise baba,vicjustice and all.please I will love for you to help me through this:
I was banned for a year for misrepresentation,though it is almost 2yrs after d ban.
My ban read***::
ANY FURTHER APPLICATION FOR ENTRY CLEARANCE FOR LEAVE TO ENTER THAT YOU MAKE WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REFUSED FOR A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR from d day u leave d United Kingdom following this refusal.
My question is can I make another application now since a year is past.
Secondly I have been applying for family visit visa past 7yrs and now I will love to stay in d hotel tru my visit,but will only visit just one person but not staying with....i want to kno if my staying in hotel won't be somehow to my application since d family I am to stay with will be accommodating my nephew.
And thirdly my circumstances changed from married to Divorce.
As for my ties
I have landed properties
2 kids.....not travelling with them.
Am a trader
4k in my domiciliary account.
I will be having over a million in my savings acct by d time of application....same saving accounts is use for transaction.,& both account were used for my previous visas in d past
All birth certificate & family pix
Transactions receipts
Shop receipt and personal tax card.
Income not stable monthly but could be access to 120k every month.
What are my chances sirs and Mas or how can I go about this?.
Thanks many much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 6packdude: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
@justwise

Is is possible to sponsor my mom to the UK even though I live in America and she's in Nigeria?

Also will sponsoring her affect me if I'm also visiting at the same time. Although I don't need a visa but I've been told to go with documents needed just like I'm applying for a visa

Lastly, how much is required considering I'm also sponsoring myself? Will that be total estimated amount for the trip?

Thanks bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
llamidi80:
Hello house
Kudos to the Gurus. Justwise baba,vicjustice and all.please I will love for you to help me through this:
I was banned for a year for misrepresentation,though it is almost 2yrs after d ban.
My ban read***::
ANY FURTHER APPLICATION FOR ENTRY CLEARANCE FOR LEAVE TO ENTER THAT YOU MAKE WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REFUSED FOR A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR from d day u leave d United Kingdom following this refusal.
My question is can I make another application now since a year is past.
Secondly I have been applying for family visit visa past 7yrs and now I will love to stay in d hotel tru my visit,but will only visit just one person but not staying with....i want to kno if my staying in hotel won't be somehow to my application since d family I am to stay with will be accommodating my nephew.
And thirdly my circumstances changed from married to Divorce.
As for my ties
I have landed properties
2 kids.....not travelling with them.
Am a trader
4k in my domiciliary account.
I will be having over a million in my savings acct by d time of application....same saving accounts is use for transaction.,& both account were used for my previous visas in d past
All birth certificate & family pix
Transactions receipts
Shop receipt and personal tax card.
Income not stable monthly but could be access to 120k every month.
What are my chances sirs and Mas or how can I go about this?.
Thanks many much.
If the specified period of ban is over, then your application will not be automatically refused without due consideration. But however, the fact that you had used deception in the past may cast doubt to the genuineness of your intentions, therefore, unless your circumstances have overwhelmingly changed, your chance of success is extremely tiny.
To your second question: you are good to stay in any legitimate and genuine property whether rented, hired, booked or to live with a host.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
nunaija:
Hello good people. I just found out about this thread. You suggestions would be highly appreciated.
I applied for a student visitor visa in February and was denied. Reasons: I only included my savings account and not my salary account which shows my monthly salary of 250k.
Due to lack of experience I also got the "How much do you have for this trip?" question wrong... I mentioned all I had in my account...was confused
I booked for a hotel for 1 week
I included my payslips for 6 months with the savings account(970k balance).
All other documents were included.
I am married and my monthly take home is 240k excluding project bonus which varies. The course I'm going for is just 1 week and I stated this in my application. I was able to defer the training programme to October and I want to reapply for the visa. Kindly advice on what I should do differently this time.

You can re-apply but include your salary account and ensure you provide evidence/reason for any large cash deposit in both accounts. On "How much do you have for this trip" this should be the total of your flight, accommodation and expenses and not the total amount in your account cos i made similar mistake in my first UK application.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 5:01am On Jul 29, 2015
Please help. she said she is going to go for appeal and see what they have to say , does she has the right to add more doc ,like travel insurance because the one she had was fake but the agent said its not , so she did new one fom aiico insurance , does she has the right to add those doc? like flight reservation ? another hotel reservation ? insurance ? i dont want her to face ban , because i dont trust most of the document the agent presented. i would like her to go for an appeal first . what do you think sir? my email is chukwuemeke at gmail.com . thanks . GOD bless you . amen .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 6:06am On Jul 29, 2015
iblaw:

I made a similar experience last year. My first application(4/6/2014) was refused cos of large lodgement then i re- applied two weeks later(4/8/2014) with documents from the office explaining reason for lodgement, the second refusal letter contained info that didnt pertain to me, only the name was right...date of birth, marital status, purpose of visit etc were wrong. I sent an email to Sheffield(sept. 2014) and after three weeks got a response that no error was made on the refusal letter sent to me....i was MAD. That was September ending last year. On 4th January 2015 i was telling someone in UK my experience and plans to re-apply again in March 2015 but he told me to keep sending mails to Sheffield till they acknowledge and correct error otherwise my future application wont work. Tuesday January 6th i send another detailed mail to Sheffield and in two days Thursday 8th January 2015 i got a mail from Entry Clearance Manager apologizing for the error that my name is showing visa issued on their system that i should take my passport to BDHC Lagos for my visa. Next day Friday 9th January i went to BDHC with a copy of the mail and after two hours wait i got my passport back with 6 months visa. Meanwhile during the CROSSOVER NIGHT(early hours of 1st january 2015) at MFM PRAYER CITY, during the pairing of people by seven and one people standing in the middle, i was in the middle when Dr D.K OLUKOYA said there is someone out there that within 10 days God will do a great miracle in your life, i just shouted AMEN since i have even forgotten about my visa application issue.
I travelled in March 2015 and hope to pick up my 2 years visa soon as i already got a mail that a decision has been made on my 2 years application.

So with God on your side and this error visa is sure.

@IbLaw, I was actually referring to your case and not Babylawyer... I could remember Vividly that your name has something LAW. Sorry pls, my bad.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 11:08am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello all, today is the 7th working day from submission date at Ikeja VAC. Is it not taking long?

My travel date is this Sunday Aug 2nd. And hotel check in date too. Phew! This is close. I pray to hear from the VO today smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oluwawify(f): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2015
Hi just wise, I want to apply for a UK visiting visa with my 1year & 7months son, his father is a British citizen by birth and all his simblings including his parents are in UK, I have written the English test and passed I have a total of 1.7million in my account, we are not married legally but we av done our trade marriage so we are engaged, he insisted we do our court in UK which I don't mind, will i be granted visa? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SweetOlive(f): 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hi Justwise and other gurus in the house,

I appreciate your good works here. I have been a guest for some time now, so I have decided to register and ask my own question as it were.

I intend visiting my cousin in the UK for the first time(no travel history), he works with the British Army(still serving). He wants to send me Letter of invite, with other required documents and he'll be taking care of my accommodation, and feeding.

- I will be responsible for my Flight Ticket and Shopping ONLY.

- I have a current account which also serve as my salary account with a Balance of 700k (No lump Sum).

- My monthly take home is 65,000

What chances do I have in getting a Visa?

Thank you

CC: worry357
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by swizy: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
So I went to submit my application for the 2nd time today. Applied last month n got a refusal. 1st timers error.

Anyways, after the biometric, No interview. Unfortunately, the tls site refused to open so couldn't pay for courier service, they said the site was under repair or something. Though they assured me they'll send me a mail this time around on when exactly to come for pick up.

I also wrote a letter iro of the refusal letter.. Clearing all the doubts and concerns raised as basis for refusal.

Let's see how it goes again, Cos the initial refusal was baseless.

Less I forget, I got alot of useful ideas reading this thread. I didnt need to ask any question cos all had been addressed already. So thanks to all the contributors, esp justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ellsworth: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
akyiremlouis:
i applied for uk visa last year and was refused with following reasons. you are travelling alone as tourist and have indicated that you have no friends and family in uk. as a result i am not satisfied you are genuine visitor.HOW DO I ADDRESS THESE CONCERN RAISED BY THE ECO. is it compulsory to travel with someone to spend your private holiday or friends in uk. I NEED ADVICE

Do you indicated where you will stay and tours intinery? To ensure that you are genuinely travelling as a tourist make a confirm booking for at least 3 places of interest you intend to visit in uk and confirmed Hotel or friend/family house address and telephone numbers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
SweetOlive:

I appreciate your good works here. I have been a guest for some time now, so I have decided to register and ask my own question as it were.

I intend visiting my cousin in the UK for the first time(no travel history), he works with the British Army(still serving). He wants to send me Letter of invite, with other required documents and he'll be taking care of my accommodation, and feeding.

- I have a current account which also serve as my salary account with a Balance of 700k (No lump Sum).

Thank you

.You have a high chance of success if you do not make any error in your application.
make sure you have d following documents from your cousin-- copy of international pp, bank statement, proof of adequate space in his/her house to accommodate you, Utility bills, if possible his/her payslips from employment, invitation letter stating he/she ll take care of your feeding, accommodation, and any other expense you might incure during your stay. And you need to provide your employment letter, introduction letter from your company, 6 Months payslips, 6 Months salary account bank statement if different from your saving account, proof of your relationship with the person inviting you, especially if you are not bearing same surname.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
OGreene:
Hello all, today is the 7th working day from submission date at Ikeja VAC. Is it not taking long?

My travel date is this Sunday Aug 2nd. And hotel check in date too. Phew! This is close. I pray to hear from the VO today smiley

To me your travel date is too close to your submission date, even if you are told Ikeja Centre takes one week you should have given enough space in case of delay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
SweetOlive:

Thank you

Everything sounds ok except your monthly take home because *3 of your monthly take home is needed for flight only so you are talking of spending like * 5 of your monthly take home and the ECO will knock you off based on your financial situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
swizy:
So I went to submit my application for the 2nd time today. Applied last month n got a refusal. 1st timers error.

Anyways, after the biometric, No interview. Unfortunately, the tls site refused to open so couldn't pay for courier service, they said the site was under repair or something. Though they assured me they'll send me a mail this time around on when exactly to come for pick up.

I also wrote a letter iro of the refusal letter.. Clearing all the doubts and concerns raised as basis for refusal.

Let's see how it goes again, Cos the initial refusal was baseless.

Less I forget, I got alot of useful ideas reading this thread. I didnt need to ask any question cos all had been addressed already. So thanks to all the contributors, esp justwise

Wishing you the best.

Many always get their visa when they re-apply and correct issues mentioned in refusal letter. The BHC seem to like chopping applicants visa fee twice before granting visa grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 6packdude: 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
6packdude:
@justwise

Is is possible to sponsor my mom to the UK even though I live in America and she's in Nigeria?

Also will sponsoring her affect me if I'm also visiting at the same time. Although I don't need a visa but I've been told to go with documents needed just like I'm applying for a visa

Lastly, how much is required considering I'm also sponsoring myself? Will that be total estimated amount for the trip?

Thanks bro

Iblaw or anyone?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
It's becos dis is my second application and I had to maintain the same details as what was on the 1st application.

iblaw:

To me your travel date is too close to your submission date, even if you are told Ikeja Centre takes one week you should have given enough space in case of delay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by swizy: 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
iblaw:

Wishing you the best.

Many always get their visa when they re-apply and correct issues mentioned in refusal letter. The BHC seem to like chopping applicants visa fee twice before granting visa grin

Abi o, the chopping no b here o!.

The crowd i saw 2day was overwhelming... Summer trips. Looked as if the whole Lagos wan vacate. Lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
swizy:

Abi o, the chopping no b here o!.

The crowd i saw 2day was overwhelming... Summer trips. Looked as if the whole Lagos wan vacate. Lol

Where did you submit your application? VI or Ikeja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Please help. she said she is going to go for appeal and see what they have to say , does she has the right to add more doc ,like travel insurance because the one she had was fake but the agent said its not , so she did new one fom aiico insurance , does she has the right to add those doc? like flight reservation ? another hotel reservation ? insurance ? i dont want her to face ban , because i dont trust most of the document the agent presented. i would like her to go for an appeal first . what do you think sir? my email is chukwuemeke atgmail.com . thanks . GOD bless you . amen .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
AZUH:
Please help. she said she is going to go for appeal and see what they have to say , does she has the right to add more doc ,like travel insurance because the one she had was fake but the agent said its not , so she did new one fom aiico insurance , does she has the right to add those doc? like flight reservation ? another hotel reservation ? insurance ? i dont want her to face ban , because i dont trust most of the document the agent presented. i would like her to go for an appeal first . what do you think sir? my email is chukwuemeke atgmail.com . thanks . GOD bless you . amen .

U are just wasting your time. The appeal will be thrown out.

Reapply and do things the right way by providing all the documents requested.

If you cannot afford to pay for the return ticket before your application, then forget France and try another country. undecided

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hi Guys,
please i am in a kind of fix now, i had posted recently about applying for visa to do plab exams, i had gotten a 6 months visa thanks to the gurus in the forum around april, now the problem is that my visa is expiring in Oct 31st, i am thinking of applying for my exam in oct 7th, but the catch now is that after the exam hopefully if i pass then i will need to do some registrations in person with the council and all this will be around early november after my visa is expired. pls kindly advice me on what to do. note i am suppose to travel to Uk sept 11th cos i am supposed to attend some classes before the exam. kinda confussed now what do you guys advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
The black does not mean anything. Some agent said she cannot apply for now. She should wait till next year. That is why she wants to go for appeal and see. Which other country can she apply? I heard that schengen is using only one plat form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
AZUH:
The black does not mean anything. Some agent said she cannot apply for now. She should wait till next year. That is why she wants to go for appeal and see. Which other country can she apply? I heard that schengen is using only one plat form.

You need to disassociate yourself from that agent.

The big black stamp is normally placed on the passport page for refused schengen visas. So there's nothing usual about it.

Appealing is a total waste of time as she never submitted the documents she was required to submit.

It's the same set of requirements for all schengen countries. If your sister is not ready to pre-pay her return flight ticket, then she should forget schengen visa and try either Kenya, SA, US or UK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.