Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980426 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:48am On Aug 04, 2015
lokia:
Good evening

Thanks to all the contributors in the house.

Please I would like to know if there is a separate thread for tier 2 visa?

If I'm applying for a tier 2 dependant visa, mist the dependant be my blood relation. I have a distant relative, a half orphan living with me and my family. I would like to add her to my dependant in my application for tier 2 visa. What documents do I need to submit for her.
The document that gives you (or your family) the legal authority to be his/her guardian, also that indicates legal custodian rights
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beibybookie: 7:25am On Aug 04, 2015
femology:

Thanks so much for this info. I'm thinking of applying for d visa this month. considering wat i've read on this thread, is it compulsory for one to also have a large sum of money in one's account before the UK work visa can be approved?

I just started working this month, so I'm sceptical about d visa issue, mayb it will b approved or not cos I don't just want to waste the little cash I have. Pls I need your advice on this.

Unfortunately if you do not hold a current job offer from a UK company that is able to sponsor you (there is a list of accredited sponsors) you cannot apply. Its a points based system 30 points for the certificate 10 points for having £970 maintenance 10 points for english and 20 points for a salary over £21,000.

So has a uk company offered you a job? If the answer is no. You are not eligible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gonon: 7:53am On Aug 04, 2015
Hello, Vicjustice. I want to find out how long the process takes for an accredited UK sponsoring company to get a Tier 2 visa for a non UK-based person from start to finish... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2015
gonon:
Hello, Vicjustice. I want to find out how long the process takes for an accredited UK sponsoring company to get a Tier 2 visa for a non UK-based person from start to finish... Thanks

If you have a job offer that meets the requirements then the company will advise you as they will have done this before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gonon: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2015
worry357:

If you have a job offer that meets the requirements then the company will advise you as they will have done this before.

Thanks but i want to know how long the process takes, I want to have some money with me before leaving....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2015
gonon:

Thanks but i want to know how long the process takes, I want to have some money with me before leaving....

How are you going to travel?
You need the visa before you can leave.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Aug 04, 2015
sleeknaija:

Thanks so much for this info. I'm thinking of applying for d visa this month. considering wat i've read on this thread, is it compulsory for one to also have a large sum of money in one's account before the UK work visa can be approved?

I just started working this month, so I'm sceptical about d visa issue, mayb it will b approved or not cos I don't just want to waste the little cash I have. Pls I need your advice on this.

Your chances of you getting genuine job offer from the UK is almost zero, don't be deceived, there are so many fraudulent job offers online but you will only be wasting your money.

Remember this....no genuine company will ask you for money before employing you.

Be careful about any email you receive from now promising to help you

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by customised87: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2015
My mum and sis submitted their visa application on the 29th July at Ikeja and paid additional money for priority service as they needed to be in UK by Aug 3rd,only for them to get a mail this morning that their application needs to undergo additional work so they should wait for at most 15 working days from the date of the mail. Its so annoying,dem for no pay for priority service if they knew sef. Lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gonon: 8:43am On Aug 04, 2015
worry357:

How are you going to travel?
You need the visa before you can leave.

I know i need a visa. I am asking how long the whole process takes, from resident labour market test to certificate of sponsorship and visa. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:48am On Aug 04, 2015
sleeknaija:

femology:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:50am On Aug 04, 2015
Vicjustice:
Ralphlauren & justwise.
Thanks for putting that right. You guys live in the UK.
I am actually aware of the rules, and to be honest, i'm more familiar with the short terms visas, and i must admit that i was of the opinion that (like the privileges associated with Irish long-term visas) the 10 years visa also go with special privileges. My bad...

No worries...appreciate your understanding
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
Good afternoon all,
Please I am new here and will appreciate any advice from the house. I intend going for my convocation in the UK next month. My dad is sponsoring me. My dad is a retiree and has about 3m in his pensions acct. Also he currently has a little above 800k in his savings acct. My dad receives allowance monthly from my siblings within & outside d country. Please I'll like to know if we need to show source of fund. Also, abt 500k was withdrawn from my dad's acct 5weeks ago and deposited back 3weeks ago. Pls I'll like to know if we need to explain this.
Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
Good day Justwise and Honourable visa gurus.

Do I have to fill application at https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa and schedule appointment at tlscontact?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
finally went to pick up our passports today, and we al got it.
off point but let me share
I had a mini heart attack when i opened the passport and didn't see the visa at the back as usual, I scattered the whole file looking for the refusal letter. When i dint find it, I had to go back to flipping pages. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
blessedfavoured:
I had a mini heart attack when i opened the passport and didn't see the visa at the back as usual, I scattered the whole file looking for the refusal letter. When i dint find it, I had to go back to flipping pages. cheesy cheesy
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my testimony is coming soon in Jesus name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
gonon:

I know i need a visa. I am asking how long the whole process takes, from resident labour market test to certificate of sponsorship and visa. Thanks for your contribution.

Resident labour market test....that just made me laugh cos its not an actual test in anyway.

Its best you read about Tier2 online.

These questions would be best answered by the Tier2 sponsor.
This thread speaks to those applying UK visiting visas

There is NO standard time limit for any of the issues you listed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justicia: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
@Vicjustice and OGreene, thanx for your response. @OGreene, I have searched several pages back and I didn't see person u talked about. Could you pls just point me to where I can find a list of documents needed for a Visitor's Visa to the UK. I'll appreciate it. Thanks a millie in advance!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
OGreene:
Ok.

Ogreene, what's the outcome of your visa application nah Tell us the outcome...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lokia(m): 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
Vicjustice:

The document that gives you (or your family) the legal authority to be his/her guardian, also that indicates legal custodian rights

Oga vicjustice there is no document o. The mother can't send her to school so I took over her upbringing. No documents. If I need documents what type of documents r they?

Is there a dedicated tier 2 visa thread?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
justicia:
@Vicjustice and OGreene, thanx for your response. @OGreene, I have searched several pages back and I didn't see person u talked about. Could you pls just point me to where I can find a list of documents needed for a Visitor's Visa to the UK. I'll appreciate it. Thanks a millie in advance!
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
lokia:

Oga vicjustice there is no document o. The mother can't send her to school so I took over her upbringing. No documents. If I need documents what type of documents r they?

Is there a dedicated tier 2 visa thread?
If there is no official document that recognizes her as your dependant, then, she is not your dependant and therefore, you are not eligible to apply for her visa or to take her abroad.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lokia(m): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
Vicjustice:

If there is no official document that recognizes her as your dependant, then, she is not your dependant and therefore, you are not eligible to apply for her visa or to take her abroad.

OK sir. Please what official document should I get? I am looking for solutions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uptown17: 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
hello people please help me out with this uk visa

my first uk visa application with my baby was refused as the embassy could not reach the person that invited us & inadequate funding.
hubby has travelled to few places and has expired uk visa. we all want to reapply with him as sponsor and using hotel booking

he has a N400k transfer that came into his account in april which he also transferred to another person. because uk is money focused, how do we explain this 400k in our application. we intend applying end august

who knows what category of people go for interviews in uk embassy. my last refusal was sept 2014. will they call us for interview?

note: hubby never had a rejection any time and has been to few other countries. his will be a renewal

i will apprieciate your candid response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Lol

Congrats

My was last friday, as i got the envelope i just opened and pulled out my passport and saw the visa. I could hear my heart beat grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
uptown17:
hello people please help me out with this uk visa

my first uk visa application with my baby was refused as the embassy could not reach the person that invited us & inadequate funding.
hubby has travelled to few places and has expired uk visa. we all want to reapply with him as sponsor and using hotel booking

he has a N400k transfer that came into his account in april which he also transferred to another person. because uk is money focused, how do we explain this 400k in our application. we intend applying end august

who knows what category of people go for interviews in uk embassy. my last refusal was sept 2014. will they call us for interview?

note: hubby never had a rejection any time and has been to few other countries. his will be a renewal

i will apprieciate your candid response

For whatever reason he got a transfer of 400k please provide reason and if possible paper evidence as that alone can make you donate visa fee to BHC.

Selection for interview is done randomly at their own discretion so be prepared when you go submit your documents.

Hope your husband has a print out of his previous application form and documents so he wont commit any blunder reference his previous details.

Best of Luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 10:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
thanks..
iblaw:

Lol

Congrats

My was last friday, as i got the envelope i just opened and pulled out my passport and saw the visa. I could hear my heart beat grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sleeknaija(m): 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
beibybookie:

Unfortunately if you do not hold a current job offer from a UK company that is able to sponsor you (there is a list of accredited sponsors) you cannot apply. Its a points based system 30 points for the certificate 10 points for having £970 maintenance 10 points for english and 20 points for a salary over £21,000.

So has a uk company offered you a job? If the answer is no. You are not eligible

No, I've not been offered a job yet. I was told by my friend that I should apply for the visa first and that in the process of filling d visa form, I'll be asked for the company then I'll give details. She said its the visa form they'll now use to connect me wit the company.

I want to know how true this Is or will i have to get the job offer first b4 I can apply for d visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by femology: 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
beibybookie:

No, I've not been offered a job yet. I was told by my friend that I should apply for the visa first and that in the process of filling d visa form, I'll be asked for the company then I'll give details. She said its the visa form they'll now use to connect me wit the company.

I want to know how true this Is or will i have to get the job offer first b4 I can apply for d visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tay0: 11:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
Vicjustice:
Should Justwise do the hard work for you while you lay back on a recliner chair?
After applying for a visa on two occasions, you're now asking how to go about a visa application?

Hi, vicjustice. Ive read through the post here to get answers to issues I had b4 so I dont make same mistakes now. Obviously processes are not same anymore after my last refusal in 2006. I now work and plan a vacation with my family. Soo tips, details wont be bad for sum1 asking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tay0: 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
OGreene:
You shud even start by stating the exact reasons for d refusals, what has changed since then?
Then whats ur income like, are u going wt wife and kid or....? Bcoz of d financial burden.
I really feel for you, you MUST get ur application right this time. Reading this thread is an eye-opener too.

I was refused for financial reasons in 2006, I now work with a monthly of over 300k. I really need assistance to get it right now to avoid been refused since I would be going on vacation with my family. I earnestly need guidance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tay0: 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
justwise:

Why were you refused on those two occasions?

I was refused based on my financials on student visa in 2006. I plan on taking my family on vacation this year. Just need to get things right now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 4:13am On Aug 05, 2015
femology:

Your friend is wrong!
There is no such thing as applying for work visa first!
The UK system does not work like that! No one will connect you with a company.
You should go to the UKBA visa sites and read back in this section before you waste money on an application that is bound to fail.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nigeria-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.