Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981087 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2015
Pls gurus in the house....kindly help a brother please. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:03am On Aug 05, 2015
iyaaliyah:
Goodmorning. Happy sunday to us all.
Pls I submitted my application at VI centre on Thursday. I expected a mail or sms atleast acknowledging my application but none since then.

Do I have any cause toworry?
Thanks.
What a good question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2015
blessed2bless:
You write like one begging for money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 8:30am On Aug 05, 2015
Vicjustice:

You write like one begging for money.

Lol. Just need an urgent response to my enquiry. Kinda confused right now but I'm hopeful.
Thanks all thesame for your comment. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 8:59am On Aug 05, 2015
blessed2bless:

I think it is disgusting that you plan to spend your fathers RETIREMENT money on a trip for yourself.
That money is his for the future, not for you to spend on pleasure trips.
Get your degree certificate posted out. You do not need to waste someone elses money going to a social event.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 9:48am On Aug 05, 2015
worry357:

I think it is disgusting that you plan to spend your fathers RETIREMENT money on a trip for yourself.
That money is his for the future, not for you to spend on pleasure trips.
Get your degree certificate posted out. You do not need to waste someone elses money going to a social event.

how is it your effing business how his dad chooses to spend his retirement money?

his dad 'sponsoring' him does not mean that he is the one paying for the ticket. all the guy might need is just his dad's bank statement, et al to support his application.

you are always very rude here in your comments to people, always posting using bold fonts (for attention) and you come across as really frustrated.

you are not obliged to reply every single post you know.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:56am On Aug 05, 2015
blessed2bless:

Lol. Just need an urgent response to my enquiry. Kinda confused right now but I'm hopeful.
Thanks all thesame for your comment. smiley
I didn't see your original query, i only saw the follow-up which eventually looks like one begging for money.
I'll check your comments record and get back to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:15am On Aug 05, 2015
blessed2bless:
Good afternoon all,
Please I am new here and will appreciate any advice from the house. I intend going for my convocation in the UK next month. My dad is sponsoring me. My dad is a retiree and has about 3m in his pensions acct. Also he currently has a little above 800k in his savings acct. My dad receives allowance monthly from my siblings within & outside d country. Please I'll like to know if we need to show source of fund. Also, abt 500k was withdrawn from my dad's acct 5weeks ago and deposited back 3weeks ago. Pls I'll like to know if we need to explain this.
Thanks alot
Sure, these lump lodgemets have to be explain with ddocumentary evidences.
Friend, I doubt that you will be granted a visa in these circumstances.
It is understandable if you're going for studies, therefore, as education is a thing of rerelevance, it is understandable if someone is to be sponsored on these conditions that you stated. But in your own circumstances, you are an adult (incapable of self sponsorship) and yet you want to go for a convocation (party) under the sponsorship of another adult (howbeit your father).
You have not met the requirements for a visit visa in these circumstances, you would need the mercy of the visa officer to pull it through.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uptown17: 10:20am On Aug 05, 2015
iblaw:

For whatever reason he got a transfer of 400k please provide reason and if possible paper evidence as that alone can make you donate visa fee to BHC.

Selection for interview is done randomly at their own discretion so be prepared when you go submit your documents.

Hope your husband has a print out of his previous application form and documents so he wont commit any blunder reference his previous details.

Best of Luck

ok. because hubby;s statement is giving so much headache. i have an elder sister who is capable of sponsoring me n baby. she has been to uk 6times and has a 5years visa running. can she sponsor me and baby, then hubby wont need to apply
if yes, what documents will i need from hubby please. i am thinking wont they wonder why he isnt the one sponsoring?
etc

thanks for responding soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 10:20am On Aug 05, 2015
Vicjustice:

I didn't see your original query, i only saw the follow-up which eventually looks like one begging for money.
I'll check your comments record and get back to you.

Thanks y'all,
Actually I have my personal money for ticket and I also booked a hotel for the period. I just need my dad's statement for visa purpose.
Thanks vicjustice~looking forward to your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2015
Ok then. Thanks vicjustice. I'll request for the certificate to be posted.
I appreciate your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 11:15am On Aug 05, 2015
God remains faithful and merciful.

After my re-application I prayed every morning about not getting refused a second time. Even when I realized I made some errors yet again, I broke down and told God to make this work for me. I kept speaking positivity into this application, I cleared all doubts and held on to faith. I kept on planning every thing about the trip as though I have a visa already. And God perfected it.

I got the visa, multiple entry grin

askari01:

Ogreene, what's the outcome of your visa application nah Tell us the outcome...

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2015
Thanks to the person that suggested I fill the complaint form on TLS. I filled this form on Monday and in few hours I got 2 responses from Visas and Immigrations and TLS that my application has been processed and I will pick my passport shortly. Today, Wednesday, I said let me go to VAC and check sef, they said it's ready. I picked it up, visa was stamped since 30th July.

As if I knew the delay wasn't ordinary. Human error tho... undecided You guys can remember how I panicked about re-scheduling the hotel booking, it wasn't funny.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2015
OGreene:

After my re-application I prayed every morning about not getting refused a second time. Even when I realized I made some errors yet again, I broke down and told God to make this work for me. I kept speaking positivity into this application, I cleared all doubts and held on to faith. I kept on planning every thing about the trip as though I have a visa already. And God perfected it.

Thumb up bro... Just so concerned that's why I asked . Go safely and return safely, Enjoy your Holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kyre: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2015
Congrats dear
OGreene:
Thanks to the person that suggested I fill the complaint form on TLS. I filled this form on Monday and in few hours I got 2 responses from Visas and Immigrations and TLS that my application has been processed and I will pick my passport shortly. Today, Wednesday, I said let me go to VAC and check sef, they said it's ready. I picked it up, visa was stamped since 30th July.

As if I knew the delay wasn't ordinary. Human error tho... undecided You guys can remember how I panicked about re-scheduling the hotel booking, it wasn't funny.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ogreene, congrats bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
blessed2bless:
Ok then. Thanks vicjustice. I'll request for the certificate to be posted.
I appreciate your response.
What certificate?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
Vicjustice:
What certificate?

My degree certificate. I just finished my Msc programme in the UK and I returned to Nigeria 2months ago. My tier 4 visa expired last month.
It's my convocation I'm planning to attend.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MataHariSez: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
lokia:
Good evening

Thanks to all the contributors in the house.

Please I would like to know if there is a separate thread for tier 2 visa?

If I'm applying for a tier 2 dependant visa, mist the dependant be my blood relation. I have a distant relative, a half orphan living with me and my family. I would like to add her to my dependant in my application for tier 2 visa. What documents do I need to submit for her.

You should see your lawyer about acquiring guardianship documents for her. If she's below 18, adoption (with her parents' signed permission) is one route. If she's above that age...well, see your lawyer. I wouldn't want to spout information I am not entirely sure of.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
OGreene:

Congrats!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
uptown17:

ok. because hubby;s statement is giving so much headache. i have an elder sister who is capable of sponsoring me n baby. she has been to uk 6times and has a 5years visa running. can she sponsor me and baby, then hubby wont need to apply
if yes, what documents will i need from hubby please. i am thinking wont they wonder why he isnt the one sponsoring?
etc

thanks for responding soon

Sincerely it makes more sense for your husband to sponsor you than your sister.

Apart from the transfer of 400k into your husbands account what else is the issue with his account. What is the purpose of the 400k and cant you get any document to support this transfer.

In my last 2 years application i had a cover letter explaining EVERY DEPOSIT in both accounts i submitted. I also had a 400k transfer into my account apart from other deposits and in the cover letter i explained it was a loan returned by my colleague. Two deposits were supported with documents and others were just explanation because my letter was in form of a table with columns for date, amount, details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
blessed2bless:

My degree certificate. I just finished my Msc programme in the UK and I returned to Nigeria 2months ago. My tier 4 visa expired last month.
It's my convocation I'm planning to attend.
I see.
But why asking questions or seeking information without giving the details of your circumstances?
You never mentioned that you went to school in the UK and that the convocation is related to your UK education?
My response was based on the assumption that you're going to the UK to attend other's party.
Now, with this knowledge coming to light, your chance is increased, but still, you may still be refused if the Visa Officer does not see any relevance in your convocation attendance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
Vicjustice:

I see.
But why asking questions or seeking information without giving the details of your circumstances, you never mentioned that you went to school in the UK and that the convocation is related to your UK education?
My response was based on the assumption that you're going to the UK to attend other's party.

No Vicjustice. I stated it in my first post:
"Please I am new here and will appreciate any advice from the house. I intend going for my convocation in the UK next month..........."
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
blessed2bless:

"Please I am new here and will appreciate any advice from the house. I intend going for my convocation in the UK next month..........."
Read my previous post again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
blessed2bless:

I just got a job here in Nigeria and I resumed two weeks ago. Just wanted to know if it's okay to use my dad's SOA for visa purpose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Vicjustice:

Read my previous post again

Ok. I schooled in the UK. Finished my programme in May, 2015. I returned home in June. My tier 4 visa expired in July. My convocation is in September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uptown17: 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
iblaw:

Sincerely it makes more sense for your husband to sponsor you than your sister.

Apart from the transfer of 400k into your husbands account what else is the issue with his account. What is the purpose of the 400k and cant you get any document to support this transfer.

In my last 2 years application i had a cover letter explaining EVERY DEPOSIT in both accounts i submitted. I also had a 400k transfer into my account apart from other deposits and in the cover letter i explained it was a loan returned by my colleague. Two deposits were supported with documents and others were just explanation because my letter was in form of a table with columns for date, amount, details

@iblaw in april, hubby got the money from colleague A and transferred same to colleague B 3days later.
we dont know what paper evidence to give since refund wasnt to colleague A. what excuse can be tenable
we need to apply end august. please help ooooooooo gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by CuteAngel(f): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
OGreene:

Congrats!!! I have also reapplied but will submit ending of the month. I tap into ur success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pizonewave: 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hey justwise,

I salute you and everyone else for all the help you have rendered through this thread, God bless you real good. A quick one.

1. i intend making a short trip to the UK later in the year (7days, will stay at a hotel in london). wont be going with my wife cause she cant get off work as she just got back from maternity leave. i have a few accounts but i will be using the statements for the savings account in which i save consistently with. payments of 80k monthly as savings, current balance is about 1.1M. my monthly pay is 350kper month and i have traveled severally over the past 5yrs (training and family Vacation) i currently hold a valid US visa, as i was there earlier in the year.
How do would you advise i approach my application.

2. A friend got refused some months back cos he had a large deposit in his savings account prior to his application that wasn't explained. tho in truth he was paid one of his allowances, so he simply transferred it from his current account into his savings account. he presented both statements, but alas.
He wants to reapply, any tips for him?

thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lokia(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
MataHariSez:

You should see your lawyer about acquiring guardianship documents for her. If she's below 18, adoption (with her parents' signed permission) is one route. If she's above that age...well, see your lawyer. I wouldn't want to spout information I am not entirely sure of.

Thank you for the advice. Would see a lawyer about it. I appreciate your constructive advice.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
i almost told you to drop the idea of re applying so early as it seemed like you were rushing and pressed for time, so you dont make a mistake again. But im happy i didnt speak and you got it.
congratulations
OGreene:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
Thanks askari01, Kyre, Ralphlauren, Iblaw, CuteAngel, blessedfavoured, justwise et al. This site is awesome! I hv gained a lot of knowledge in here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.