Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981214 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:17am On Aug 07, 2015
pipper4all:
Hello People (Justwise).... So my 14 years old nephew was refused visa on grounds that
1. His birth certificate was just issued without giving satisfactory reason where the first one was
2. No prove that he has met his uncle (me)

One of the ladies outside the visa centre advised my sister to apply for a review that the reasons makes no sense. Please house, advise me on this case. What should we do. I really don't have pix with him and he didn't get a birth certificate when he was born either (careless Nigerian way of life ) help pls. Thanks

It's always a problem when people apply for visa with a shiny birth certificate even when the child was born years ago.

You can try AR and see how it goes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:18am On Aug 07, 2015
Hi all

My Hubby will be applying in November, I am gathering all the upto date paperwork, evidence and such like.

What documents will my husband need to take with him (I will have all the required docs to send to Sheffield when requested) I will be making his application here and paying online and then giving him the password etc, can I do that?

Thank you in advance

K
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:26am On Aug 07, 2015
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

My Hubby will be applying in November, I am gathering all the upto date paperwork, evidence and such like.

What documents will my husband need to take with him (I will have all the required docs to send to Sheffield when requested) I will be making his application here and paying online and then giving him the password etc, can I do that?

Thank you in advance

K

Almost all the documents will come from you. Only the TB certificate and the completed application form that need to come from him and submitted in Nigeria, the rest will be sent to Sheffield....
Allow him to apply from Nigeria and make the payments from there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:29am On Aug 07, 2015
sparklerii:
Tanx to all nairalanders&justwise,my kids got there visas today.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:30am On Aug 07, 2015
justwise:

Almost all the documents will come from you. Only the TB certificate and the completed application form that need to come from him and submitted in Nigeria, the rest will be sent to Sheffield....
Allow him to apply from Nigeria and make the payments from there

Ok great thank you, will he also need to pay the NHS surcharge at the same time as his application or can I do that?

Does he need to show money in his account, his salary is pretty damn sh**t so rarely has any disposable income.

Kind regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:34am On Aug 07, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Ok great thank you, will he also need to pay the NHS surcharge at the same time as his application or can I do that?

Does he need to show money in his account, his salary is pretty damn sh**t so rarely has any disposable income.

Kind regards

Yes the NHS surcharge needs to be paid at the process.

He does not need to show any money...all eyes are on your pay as the sponsor

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:36am On Aug 07, 2015
justwise:

Yes the NHS surcharge needs to be paid at the process.

He does not need to show any money...all eyes are on your pay as the sponsor

Great cheesy

Phew on the money in his account, my salary more than meets the requirements, will I also need to show any savings?

Cheers, Hope you are well smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Great cheesy

Phew on the money in his account, my salary more than meets the requirements, will I also need to show any savings?

Cheers, Hope you are well smiley

I say leave no stone unturned....if you got money in your savings show it....it shows you are capable financially.

Yea I'm good....thanks for asking.

How are you getting on?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:55am On Aug 07, 2015
justwise:

I say leave no stone unturned....if you got money in your savings show it....it shows you are capable financially.

Yea I'm good....thanks for asking.

How are you getting on?
Not much savings however my account never reaches zero, plus i have an overdraft of £1000 which i never use and have no debts

Pompey is ok has been hot past few week, rained past few days though undecided

I have started a business, hope it takes off soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Not much savings however my account never reaches zero, plus i have an overdraft of £1000 which i never use and have no debts

Pompey is ok has been hot past few week, rained past few days though undecided

I have started a business, hope it takes off soon.

Oh ok! Leave it out then since your salary is enough.

Pompey always has the best weather...snow never last longer than necessary on the ground...you may not know this until you visit Yorkshire where I used to live.

You combining business with full time job?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:11am On Aug 07, 2015
justwise:

Oh ok! Leave it out then since your salary is enough.

Pompey always has the best weather...snow never last longer than necessary on the ground...you may not know this until you visit Yorkshire where I used to live.

You combining business with full time job?

Haha snow can last here, but I can still drive on it, so it dont really bother me grin

Yep I bought a job-lot of stock, ladies dresses which I am putting on ebay, I got them at a great price and they are all new with tags cheesy

I can only sell 20 per month at the moment on ebay, so only about 5 a week should be fine, I only sleep 4hrs a night so loads of time after work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:37am On Aug 07, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Haha snow can last here, but I can still drive on it, so it dont really bother me grin

Yep I bought a job-lot of stock, ladies dresses which I am putting on ebay, I got them at a great price and they are all new with tags cheesy

I can only sell 20 per month at the moment on ebay, so only about 5 a week should be fine, I only sleep 4hrs a night so loads of time after work.

Oh great! Employ me to look after it then as I'm an eBay addict grin grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 8:40am On Aug 07, 2015
Good morning all, this August trip has to be shifted. Went to KLM counter yesterday, round trip to London from Lagos is 510k shocked Na wa! Other airlines too are above 350k, doubled....phew! Iblaw I dey with you for Sept jare when I cn get Iberia and Luftansa for 158k and 175k resp.

Also my friend is asking if she needs to submit her last refusal letter in her new application. She was denied few yrs back and cnt find d letter. She wants to re-apply by month end.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 8:50am On Aug 07, 2015
OGreene:
Good morning all, this August trip has to be shifted. Went to KLM counter yesterday, round trip to London from Lagos is 510k shocked Na wa! Other airlines too are above 350k, doubled....phew! Iblaw I dey with you for Sept jare when I cn get Iberia and Luftansa for 158k and 175k resp.

Also my friend is[b] asking if she needs to submit her last refusal letter in her new application[/b]. She was denied few yrs back and cnt find d letter. She wants to re-apply by month end.

She does not need the original letter but she should BRIEFLY explain the circumstances with her application.
If she does not mention it they may think she is hiding things, it will be on her computer record.
Honesty is best, better to be refused that get a ban for fraud.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:00am On Aug 07, 2015
Okay. She doesn't hv any copy.

I will tell her to explain. She has been refused several times, her elder bro now lives in d UK and when he was doing his application then to immigrate, he filled in her name as his dependant. Since den when she applies for visa to visit the bro, to be self sponsored by the bro, they kept turning her down. At one time, they had to appeal, d bro went for the hearing in the UK, but nothing positive came out of it. Meanwhile all her siblings hv been travellng to visit the bro, their mum spends months there sef.

I feel for her. I detest plenty rejections back to back. I told her to fashi UK and be visiting other countries for now and maybe 5 yrs later to re-apply. Hopefully she wud be married by den. But she wants to apply this minute. She has been to Dubai last year. She is single and the last born. She is working now unlike d times she applied in d past. I also suggested she shud cut out the sole sponsorship by bro and let her split it, maybe taking care of d flight fare herself.

Does anyone hv an idea on d way forward now. cry

worry357:

She does not need the original letter but she should BRIEFLY explain the circumstances with her application.
If she does not mention it they may think she is hiding things, it will be on her computer record.
Honesty is best, better to be refused that get a ban for fraud.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:54am On Aug 07, 2015
OGreene:

Also my friend is asking if she needs to submit her last refusal letter in her new application. She was denied few yrs back and cnt find d letter. She wants to re-apply by month end.

@OGreene Shebi i told you. Cost of mid September flights are like half of August. I no dey go for business so why should i pay like N350k for flight i can get N170 mid September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olaj2: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2015
OGreene:

OGreene do you mean the Klm counter at the airport. Just want to check it is possible to buy a ticket from there. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2015
Yep, at their ticketing office upstairs.

olaj2:

OGreene do you mean the Klm counter at the airport. Just want to check it is possible to buy a ticket from there. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olaj2: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2015
OGreene:
Yep, at their ticketing office upstairs.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
Goodmorning! Pls atrend to my question plsss.

iyaaliyah:
Hi fam, how work/business/market today?
@Ogreene congrats on ya visa.
To all who got recently, congrats!
?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Elkay007(m): 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
Good afternoon gurus,
I will like you to help throw more light to something ,a friend got a visit visa for himself and his family(2children and a wife) and after getting the visa due to some reasons he will like to go first while the family meet him there two weeks later .
My question is ,hope he will not be disturb for this at the port of entry for not coming with his family since what he has is a visit visa for himself and the family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
Thank you Mr. Justwise and Partners.

A quick question please.

I will be travelling with my business partner on this trip and we were bought given separate invitation letters by the company but with same context except for the names and passport numbers.

My company is sponsoring the trip, so we are using the same company's' statement of account.

Should we submit the application together in same envelope or separately?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
iyaaliyah:
Hi fam, how work/business/market today?
@Ogreene congrats on ya visa.
To all who got recently, congrats!

Pls advise me to advice a friend.
She wants to go for a conference in UK in October. Her reason is networking. But here is the thing
1. She just started a job like 2 months ago with 70k salary.
2. She said the trip will cost her abiut 1.2M.
3. She wants to borrow this 1.2M to go for d conference which includes Passport, application n flight ticket. She has someone to accommodate her. Tho she is still looking for who will loan her.

To me, it doesnt sound wise tho good that she is trying to upgrade herself. But pls, my ple what do you think...how wise is this move and what r her chances for a visa?

Tell your friend not to waste her money and time, even if somebody is praying for her in village she needs to resist this one.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
Elkay007:
Good afternoon gurus,
I will like you to help throw more light to something ,a friend got a visit visa for himself and his family(2children and a wife) and after getting the visa due to some reasons he will like to go first while the family meet him there two weeks later .
My question is ,hope he will not be disturb for this at the port of entry for not coming with his family since what he has is a visit visa for himself and the family.

He needs to prepare a reasonable answer just in case the immigration stopped him at POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Thank you Mr. Justwise and Partners.

A quick question please.

I will be travelling with my business partner on this trip and we were bought given separate invitation letters by the company but with same context except for the names and passport numbers.

My company is sponsoring the trip, so we are using the same company's' statement of account.

Should we submit the application together in same envelope or separately?

Thank you.

That is a risky twist to it.

How much do you have in your business account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Elkay007(m): 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
justwise:

He needs to prepare a reasonable answer just in case the immigration stopped him at POE.

@justwise thanks
So it's possible they raise eyebrows at the port of entry ...or he shld just travel with is family at ones .?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
blessed2bless:

Ok. I schooled in the UK. Finished my programme in May, 2015. I returned home in June. My tier 4 visa expired in July. My convocation is in September.

I'm not much of a contributor here but as one who was sponsored for my grad after my MSc, let me give my two cents:

I think a graduation ceremony is important enough to want to attend in person and not a "frivolous party" as someone suggested. I also think given the very short period since your return it would only be logical that you may not have enough funds to sponsor yourself. As was in my case, I had just got employed (even longer than you) but I had to use a sponsor's statement for my visa application.
There is nothing wrong in your dad wanting to sponsor you since his finances are buoyant enough.

My advice is for you to go ahead and give it a shot but be very detailed and careful in putting together your application. You already have a good immigration record if you did not violate your student visa in any way. Be very honest in filling your application form, sections on accessing healthcare while you were in school, your NiNO no. if you had a part-time job(I pray you didn't work more hours than was approved) and so on.
Include an employment letter from your new work place stating your salary (hope it's good too) and a letter from them giving you time off specifically to attend your grad (not too long o, best 10 days or less).

Finally, can't your dad go with you? That would increase your chances appreciably. Get him an invitation letter from your school or whatever is obtainable, pay for or reserve a ticket for the grad ceremony for him and attach proof.

Above all, it's all by God's grace. Best wishes.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lusen(m): 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
justwise:

Tell your friend not to waste her money and time, even if somebody is praying for her in village she needs to resist this one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Hopenice(m): 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
Please i need advice on this matter, i have just being refused Canadian visa for study permit reason being that they do not believe i will return to Nigeria after my program and the factors for their reasons are 1:travel history (i have not travel out of Nigeria for the first time) 2:family ties in Canada and country of residence(i do not have anybody in Canada as well)3:length of proposed stay in Canada(which will be 2years for postgraduate program)4:purpose of visit. i was offered admission and i also submitted the letter during my application.please how do i scale through this hurdle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hopenice:

Please i need advice on this matter, i have just being refused Canadian visa for study permit reason being that they do not believe i will return to Nigeria after my program and the factors for their reasons are 1:travel history (i have not travel out of Nigeria for the first time) 2:family ties in Canada and country of residence(i do not have anybody in Canada as well)3:length of proposed stay in Canada(which will be 2years for postgraduate program)4:purpose of visit. i was offered admission and i also submitted the letter during my application.please how do i scale through this hurdle

Post it here and people will answer you https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/328#2367106.10496
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
lusen:
gurus in the house, please help a brother. I recently completed my NYSC. I hold a bachelor's degree in architecture. (2-2). now, I will like to do my masters degree program in Germany (English taught) majorly because of the free/cheap tuition. by Gods grace, i hope to be a masters student in Germany next year.
i need information on how im going to go abt it. the application period, application procedure, required documents, chances of getting admitted and all other vital info. thanks in advance.

Post it here https://www.nairaland.com/2098236/general-german-visa-enquiries-part/167#2098236.5372

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.