Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981186 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ladelade11: 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
justwise:

Do you have documents to support the source of that money?
Yes sure. Each of the accounts has a million plus in both and one of the accounts is the account I do receive allowance from home every month for more than four years now cos am in my last year in school. Please advice me on how to package Mr justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
ladelade11:

Yes sure. Each of the accounts has a million plus in both and one of the accounts is the account I do receive allowance from home every month for more than four years now cos am in my last year in school. Please advice me on how to package Mr justwise

You really don't have tie to Nigeria, you are not employed or running your own business, not married or have any serious commitment that will persuade you to return to Nigeria if given a visa, you will be seen as a potential immigrant.

All you have is the money but no paper evidence to back up the source.

That is just my opinion.

There is no special way to package it other than submitting those documents you have while applying online and also submit the same set of documents at the visa centre after your online submission. The visa payment will also be done online then you will be given a date to submit those document at the visa centre and do your biometric, you are also likely to be called for an interview the same day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ladelade11: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
justwise:

You really don't have tie to Nigeria, you are not employed or running your own business, not married or have any serious commitment that will persuade you to return to Nigeria if given a visa, you will be seen as a potential immigrant.

All you have is the money but no paper evidence to back up the source.

That is just my opinion.

There is no special way to package it other than submitting those documents you have while applying online and also submit the same set of documents at the visa centre after your online submission. The visa payment will also be done online then you will be given a date to submit those document at the visa centre and do your biometric, you are also likely to be called for an interview the same day.
An IT student a potential immigrant? When I have all my school document with me that am on 6month industrial training at the moment. Would they expect me to just leave my country been in my 4th year in school and go sit in the UK? Let me apply first, I would really like to have an interlude with there embassy for real

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
ladelade11:

An IT student a potential immigrant? When I have all my school document with me that am on 6month industrial training at the moment. Would they expect me to just leave my country been in my 4th year in school and go sit in the UK? Let me apply first, I would really like to have an interlude with there embassy for real

Hundreds in a much better position have done that in the past and more are ready to do that.

People you are trying to convince live and work in Nigeria and have seen it all.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
I was just about to say the same thing. I know someone that left during her final year. Moved to US. It's so possible @ladelade11.
Then again you can still try ur luck, we wish everyone well here. We still know there are rare cases and exceptions. Even at that I strongly urge ppl to cross all tees and do/submit a thorough application.

Justwise you sure knw so many things ooo, ur answers always on point. How u take do am wink

justwise:

Hundreds in a much better position have done that in the past and more are ready to do that.

People you are trying to convince live and work in Nigeria and have seen it all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
Anyone still looking to travel this peak period might check this out. It's from GTB sme market hub.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessed2bless: 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
whytegirl:

I'm not much of a contributor here but as one who was sponsored for my grad after my MSc, let me give my two cents:

I think a graduation ceremony is important enough to want to attend in person and not a "frivolous party" as someone suggested. I also think given the very short period since your return it would only be logical that you may not have enough funds to sponsor yourself. As was in my case, I had just got employed (even longer than you) but I had to use a sponsor's statement for my visa application.
There is nothing wrong in your dad wanting to sponsor you since his finances are buoyant enough.

My advice is for you to go ahead and give it a shot but be very detailed and careful in putting together your application. You already have a good immigration record if you did not violate your student visa in any way. Be very honest in filling your application form, sections on accessing healthcare while you were in school, your NiNO no. if you had a part-time job(I pray you didn't work more hours than was approved) and so on.
Include an employment letter from your new work place stating your salary (hope it's good too) and a letter from them giving you time off specifically to attend your grad (not too long o, best 10 days or less).

Finally, can't your dad go with you? That would increase your chances appreciably. Get him an invitation letter from your school or whatever is obtainable, pay for or reserve a ticket for the grad ceremony for him and attach proof.

Above all, it's all by God's grace. Best wishes.

Thanks whytegirl.
May God bless you plenty. I actually got an invitation letter for my dad but unfortunately he will not be available to attend.
I did not violate my student visa and did not work more than the stipulated hours. Also my salary is very good and i'll be staying for just 7days.
Thanks again!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
House, justwise, and great experienced personnels in the building, I hail o.

My wife and daughter were refused uk visiting visa today o.
My wife was refused based on:
I quote " I note that the balance of this account has been significantly inflated by large deposits amounting to 800k prior to your application. You have not provided any evidence as to the origin of these recent deposits.
I am therefore not satisfied that these funds are genuinely available for your use or that your financial circumstances are as stated.

For my daughter:
You have not supplied any documents to confirm your relationship to your claimed parent. From the documents submitted I am not satisfied that you are related as claimed.

For my wife's refusal, we submitted our savings joint account in which our savings goes to. her salary account were submitted withpayslips, letter from her office, my pay slips, proof of investment etc.
The issue is that some lumps sum which entered the joint account were
1.from my salary account which was my upfront allowance,
2.also bonus/allowance from my wife salary account,

3and also a 650k was withdrawn in May from the joint account but was refunded in july 2015.we were having 1.2m when the application was made.

I will like to know what evidence they want even when we both provided our salary accounts where the lumps were from.?
And how else can I explain the 650k that withdrawn in may and lodged back in july. ( as we wanted to use the 650k to purchase a property but the deal didn't go tru, hence the refund.)

For my daughter, the Tls officers told my wife that to avoid duplication of documents, that she does not need to submit separate document for our daughter as the they will refer to my wife's application when reviewing my daughter's own. Alas, they did not refer to it o.

I presently have 2 years uk visiting visa and I want them to reapply as we want to go on vacation by September.
Please I need advice on how to tackle the reasons for their refusals.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
Oh dear...refusal hurts really bad.

I was denied before based on unexplained lump sums into my account. So in the next application I asterisked the lumps sums in Acct stmt A wt a pencil and explained the origin in a letter, stating that they came from Acct stmt B (I labelled oo), and I asterisked the sums in the stmt B too.

Then I went further to say that Acct stmt B is for savings and investment, keeping bulk money, that I moved money from B to A since I use acct A often and that's d money I intend to use for travel wch I can't easily access if it's in acct B. Well, for me I don't internet banking and no electronic cards attached to my acct B, so I highlighted this too. The transfers were even done at the branch. I actually got the instruction I used to liquidate the Fixed deposit amount in acct B wch I transferred to acct A.

I went thru all the details abt my accounts one after the other, I didn't want them assuming anything, didn't want to leave anything to chance. Infact it took me close to 5 hours to finish that letter. I dissected the refusals points.

For kids, I tot you are meant to include family pics. When I went pick up my passport this week, one woman came there and said she was called to bring additional docs wch happened to be her kids' pics. She counted dem beside me, abt 35pics, am not kidding. She submitted dem. Apparently she submitted her application d prev day.

colegold100:

I quote " I note that the balance of this account has been significantly inflated by large deposits amounting to 800k prior to your application. You have not provided any evidence as to the origin of these recent deposits.
I am therefore not satisfied that these funds are genuinely available for your use or that your financial circumstances are as stated.

For my daughter:
You have not supplied any documents to confirm your relationship to your claimed parent. From the documents submitted I am not satisfied that you are related as claimed.

For my wife's refusal, we submitted our savings joint account in which our savings goes to. her salary account were submitted withpayslips, letter from her office, my pay slips, proof of investment etc.

3and also a 650k was withdrawn in May from the joint account but was refunded in july 2015.we were having 1.2m when the application was made.

I will like to know what evidence they want even when we both provided our salary accounts where the lumps were from.?
And how else can I explain the 650k that withdrawn in may and lodged back in july. ( as we wanted to use the 650k to purchase a property but the deal didn't go tru, hence the refund.)

For my daughter, the Tls officers told my wife that to avoid duplication of documents, that she does not need to submit separate document for our daughter as the they will refer to my wife's application when reviewing my daughter's own. Alas, they did not refer to it o.

I presently have 2 years uk visiting visa and I want them to reapply as we want to go on vacation by September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
colegold100:

For my daughter:

Statement of account is one of the main reasons many are refused visa and same happened to me in my first application. After learning the hard way during my 6 months visa application, in my 2 years visa application which i picked up last Friday i wrote a cover letter detailing every deposit in both my saving and salary account. My cover letter had a table with columns for serial number, date, amount and details. I wrote out every figure in my savings account and indicated its from my salary account for safe keeping(transaction details on statement of account shows in between customer transfer) and the only huge deposit in my salary account was explained as bonus and i attached a letter to support the bonus.

So please re-apply and write a cover letter explaining every deposit and get a letter from the Finance dept in your office confirming your bonus/allowance. Also explain the 650k was for a transaction that didn't go through and you return it back to your account.

For your daughter, didn't you include her birth certificate and family pictures? Even school fees receipts too can be included to support your application.

i hope others on this forum will read this and stop donating visa fee to BHC. YOU MUST EXPLAIN OR GIVE REASON FOR HUGE DEPOSITS IN YOUR ACCOUNT.

Best of Luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:52pm On Aug 07, 2015
OGreene:
Anyone still looking to travel this peak period might check this out. It's from GTB sme market hub.

I also got the mail from GTB, i beg who know Iberia oooo. I no wan because of few Naira difference go enter one chance. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
Colegold100,...that you were having 1.2M in the joint account abi all accounts? It's 3 of u travelling abi.

I also totalled the balances in my accts in pounds, eg. dat acct A has £3000 whl acct B is £7000, equals £10,000, that I will use £1500 for d trip. Using oanda.com's conv rate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
I finally got my visa today.
I was very nervous at first as per a first time traveller with a virgin passport.
coupled with the fact that I'm a teacher with a take home salary of 42K . but my fiance is my sponsor. the only thing is that my fiance has been to different countries but has not been to UK nor US.
Actually I applied on the 27th July ( Monday) and by Wednesday 29 th July they called my fiance to know if it was true he was my sponsor and by Thursday 6th august I tracked my app on TLs and saw that a decision has been made so I decided to check today. and it was ready. visa was issued on the 5th august.
thanks to everyone ..... now I think Ikeja is quite fast.
I really thank God Almighty and everyone that has contributed directly or indirectly. God bless us all.1 love... Justwise vicjustice.....more grease to your elbow...

my thought....... I think its better if one tells the total truth.....
London eye, Trafalgar square, tower bridge !!! here I come.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
Vous avez raison!

I also explained d my salary payment structure, abt getting upfronts each quarter and den lesser amounts every month end. Then talked abt the allowances and included my Offer letter for dem to see evidence abt the breakdown of my salary.

Even interest from savings and investments, I detailed all wt dates I received d credits. I used calculator no be small. undecided. Can't be donating money to BHC.

iblaw:

Statement of account is one of the main reasons many are refused visa and same happened to me in my first application. After learning the hard way during my 6 months visa application, in my 2 years visa application which i picked up last Friday i wrote a cover letter detailing every deposit in both my saving and salary account. My cover letter had a table with columns for serial number, date, amount and details. I wrote out every figure in my savings account and indicated its from my salary account for safe keeping(transaction details on statement of account shows in between customer transfer) and the only huge deposit in my salary account was explained as bonus and i attached a letter to support the bonus.

So please re-apply and write a cover letter explaining every deposit and get a letter from the Finance dept in your office confirming your bonus/allowance. Also explain the 650k was for a transaction that didn't go through and you return it back to your account.

For your daughter, didn't you include her birth certificate and family pictures? Even school fees receipts too can be included to support your application.

i hope others on this forum will read this and stop donating visa fee to BHC. YOU MUST EXPLAIN OR GIVE REASON FOR HUGE DEPOSITS IN YOUR ACCOUNT.

Best of Luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Congrats!!!

prayerrain:
I was very nervous at first as per a first time traveller with a virgin passport.
coupled with the fact that I'm a teacher with a take home salary of 42K . but my fiance is my sponsor. the only thing is that my fiance has been to different countries but has not been to UK nor US.
Actually I applied on the 27th July ( Monday) and by Wednesday 29 th July they called my fiance to know if it was true he was my sponsor and by Thursday 6th august I tracked my app on TLs and saw that a decision has been made so I decided to check today. and it was ready. visa was issued on the 5th august.
I really thank God Almighty and everyone that has contributed directly or indirectly. God bless us all.1 love... Justwise vicjustice.....more grease to your elbow...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lolzzz. One time I checked their (Iberia) itinerary I saw they had BA connecting flights sha. No dey fear.

Me, I no dey go dis Aug again. Wil book for Sept and use dis period to get Shenghen visa, coz I wanna visit Paris from London cool All those weekend Paris trip from London via Eurostar.
Jus wondering abt how to get d entry/pass to enter Paris

iblaw:

I also got the mail from GTB, i beg who know Iberia oooo. I no wan because of few Naira difference go enter one chance. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Tanx Ogreene and iblaw.

@ o greener the 1.2m is in our joint account. We do not have serious fund in our salary accounts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
prayerrain:

Congrats!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
Okay, I asked because of how much it will cost 3 of you for the trip and how much you have. The financial part since they hv started torchlighting ur acct, d 'lump sum'.
If u hv a good salary and other investments, shud be OK.

Let me clear road for justwise, d baba cheesy

colegold100:
Tanx Ogreene and iblaw.

@ o greener the 1.2m is in our joint account. We do not have serious fund in our salary accounts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
prayerrain:

I appreciate you coming back to express your own appreciation
Now, talking about Port Of Entry, unlike most self-sponsored travelers who do not encounter stringent scrutiny regarding finance (due to pre-visa investigations carried out by the embassy), someone like you who is being sponsored is more than likely to face some questions: the onus will be on you to satisfy the immigration officer of your sustainability: these guys are familiar with cases of sponsors withdrawing themselves as soon as a visa has been granted.
I like to let you know that as a person who is being sponsored, there is a high chance that you will be subjected to questioning regarding maintenance and funding, therefore, i strictly advice you to ensure that you have some reasonable amount of cash with you at the port of entry because, you might need to show the raw cash as no other form of support will be considered. Failure to have adequate cash on you may result in your visa being cancelled.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
iblaw:

Iberia are a Spanish airline which has merged with British airways, they are not the best airline in line with the planes of BA or that of virgin.

Its more the cost, Iberia offer really low priced flights compared to many other airlines...but far better than Arik air,

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews7871.html

the reviews are not great, but i know people who have used them and said it was fine, just not to expect a service which Virgin/BA offer

I personally Live in the UK and each time I want to come to Nigeria to see my hubby I pay approx £800 for my flight and then pay about £300 for my own visa (on each visit) , so in all I need £1100 before I start, so of course when I saw that with Iberia, my flight and visa would be less than buying just a flight ticket with Virgin, its a no brainer for me

its definitely worth giving them a go, what have you to lose? Depending on the flight you choose you can get really good connection times too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
OGreene:
Lolzzz. One time I checked their (Iberia) itinerary I saw they had BA connecting flights sha. No dey fear.

Me, I no dey go dis Aug again. Wil book for Sept and use dis period to get Shenghen visa, coz I wanna visit Paris from London cool All those weekend Paris trip from London via Eurostar.
Jus wondering abt how to get d entry/pass to enter Paris

Is this for sightseeing? Which pass do you mean?

http://www.parispass.com/how-it-works/paris-attractions-pass.html

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yvy1(f): 3:52am On Aug 08, 2015
Hello Justwise, please kindly help me out here. Do I need to have a UK transit visa to fly on BA to the US in September?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 08, 2015
Vicjustice:

Now, talking about Port Of Entry, unlike most self-sponsored travelers who do not encounter stringent scrutiny regarding finance (due to pre-visa investigations carried out by the embassy), someone like you who is being sponsored is more than likely to face some questions: the onus will be on you to satisfy the immigration officer of your sustainability: these guys are familiar with cases of sponsors withdrawing themselves as soon as a visa has been granted.
I like to let you know that as a person who is being sponsored, there is a high chance that you will be subjected to questioning regarding maintenance and funding, therefore, i strictly advice you to ensure that you have some reasonable amount of cash with you at the port of entry because, you might need to show the raw cash as no other form of support will be considered. Failure to have adequate cash on you may result in your visa being cancelled.
the total amount we stated that we have for the trip is 1533 pounds so I would be having that with me when going to UK. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:26am On Aug 08, 2015
yvy1:
Hello Justwise, please kindly help me out here. Do I need to have a UK transit visa to fly on BA to the US in September?

https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa/visitor-in-transit-visa

Check this site out, this will answer your question, How long is your stop over?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:32am On Aug 08, 2015
Yes, just sightseeing. Any leads? Coz I don't think I will be able to board the train without any form of permit/visa. My plan is to take the train to Paris Friday to return Sunday night or Monday.

Will check the Pass online too (ur screenshot). Thanks

Portsmouth86:

Is this for sightseeing? Which pass do you mean?

http://www.parispass.com/how-it-works/paris-attractions-pass.html
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2015
OGreene:
Yes, just sightseeing. Any leads? Coz I don't think I will be able to board the train without any form of permit/visa. My plan is to take the train to Paris Friday to return Sunday night or Monday.

Will check the Pass online too (ur screenshot). Thanks

You haven't stated your origin of travel, are you going from the UK? What visa do you hold?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:52am On Aug 08, 2015
colegold100:

For my daughter:

You should have explained that large deposit because its always an issue especially when you do it closer to your application.

Not adding documents to support your daughter's application is a mistake, i don't know what the Tls officers was thinking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:53am On Aug 08, 2015
prayerrain:

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:54am On Aug 08, 2015
yvy1:

No you don't if your transit is less than 24hrs and you are not leaving the airport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pato231(m): 7:56am On Aug 08, 2015
k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 08, 2015
Vicjustice:

thanks a bunch.. please what other things should I take along.
I know I would be having about 1000 pounds cash. even though we stated lesser than that in the application. we stated about 840 pounds

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.