Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981162 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tudun: 7:59am On Aug 11, 2015
justwise:

As a family with kids spending 1.5M out of 2M in few days in the UK does not add up.

I didn't say we are going with our kids, I said just me and my partner..sorry it's typo error, the budget amount is 1m and apart from my partner's money I have my money too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:02am On Aug 11, 2015
tudun:

I didn't say we are going with our kids, I said just me and my partner.

Yes i know that but you have kids to look after, they are considered as well whether you are traveling with them or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tudun: 8:08am On Aug 11, 2015
justwise:

Yes i know that but you have kids to look after, they are considered as well whether you are traveling with them or not.

It was typo error, our budget is 1m and apart from his money, I have my money too of 800k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Aug 11, 2015
tudun:

It was typo error, our budget is 1m and apart from his money, I have my money too of 800k

Is the 2M his business net profit or the gross profit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tudun: 9:23am On Aug 11, 2015
justwise:

Is the 2M his business net profit or the gross profit?
Mr justwise, the 2M is the closing balance in the bank statement we submitted, sometimes he has more money than that in the same account, it's a functional account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Aug 11, 2015
tudun:

Mr justwise, the 2M is the closing balance in the bank statement we submitted, sometimes he has more money than that in the same account, it's a functional account.

Then there is a problem...using a business account to apply for visiting visa is not the same as using savings or salary account. He needs to separate his business account from current or savings account to be able to use it for visa application.

Business account is purely for the running of the business and can also act as tie-to-Nigeria when applying for tourist visa but the money in it must not be used for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tudun: 10:01am On Aug 11, 2015
justwise:

Then there is a problem...using a business account to apply for visiting visa is not the same as using savings or salary account. He needs to separate his business account from current or savings account to be able to use it for visa application.

Business account is purely for the running of the business and can also act as tie-to-Nigeria when applying for tourist visa but the money in it must not be used for the trip.

Thank you but the account is a personal account but also used to receive payment for business sometimes. ..Besides assuming it's a business account and u say we can't use it, don't you think that is wrong? Because if I am going for a training and the company I work with will be sponsoring me is it not the company's business account that will be used?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2015
tudun:

Thank you but the account is a personal account but also used to receive payment for business sometimes. ..Besides assuming it's a business account and u say we can't use it, don't you think that is wrong? Because if I am going for a training and the company I work with will be sponsoring me is it not the company's business account that will be used?

Is this trip for training?

justwise:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2015
tudun:

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2015
Hi OGreen smiley if I'm using the additional info space + extra paper, do I still need to add a cover letter? Congrats by the way... Found myself following your Visa wait and looking forward to the good news...
OGreene:
It shud contain everything you feel you need to explain, starting wt addressing d last refusal and providing more info supporting ds new application, be very convincing and polite. Don't try to be defensive, mention the strong points you have to back up ds application. Write it like a formal letter. I typed mine sha

I also mentioned my itinerary, how d expenses will go, that I hv booked a hotel in London, and hv gotten my leave from work approved, wch can be seen in d doc I submitted. Anything you say, if u hv a doc for it, put in bracket beside it that dey can refer to so so so document u hv attached. I ended by saying I hv no intention of staying back der or working der, dat am available for an interview either to provide more docs or for more enquiries if they so desire.

This is wot I did, others own might be diff.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:18am On Aug 11, 2015
tudun:

You did not read my post or you read it and did not understand it, i said he can use the account but the money in it must not be used for the trip but the account can act as his tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:40am On Aug 11, 2015
justwise:

As a family with kids spending 1.5M out of 2M in few days in the UK does not add up.

It does not add up at all, the lesser your expense on the trip the better for you because this expense will be compared to your earnings and account balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2015
Hallo Justwise smiley A lil more clarification please, will my moms marriage certificate do for proof of relationship with my uncle since they are siblings? Do I still need a cover letter if I explain the points raised in my refusal in the space provided for additional info?

justwise:

You don't have to add pictures if you got non.

What certificate is that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MataHariSez: 11:48am On Aug 11, 2015
You'd be surprised at who goes through these threads...how often and thoroughly they do.

OGreene:
Lolz, you thinking dey hv got the time to read all des fora dat much, how will they know it's him. Anyway, d guy's post is annoying.

I read his post and it got me thinkn for few mins. What in heaven's name is wrong wt him: he is already using false age and wants to wed d girl JUST for papers undecided. A young guy already complicating his life. UK is not running away, ppl still get citizenship legally, so why cnt he chill and do things right. All des short-cuts to things hv bigger consequences. But children of nowadays won't hear angry

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 11:55am On Aug 11, 2015
Nah, it's one letter I wrote

juliette123:
Hi OGreen smiley if I'm using the additional info space + extra paper, do I still need to add a cover letter? Congrats by the way... Found myself following your Visa wait and looking forward to the good news...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
thanks .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newgold22: 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hello house. I hail all the Gurus in the field.
Please i need ur kind advise. I work in a Federal Govt establishment with N132k take home salary (after Tax and other social benefits). I run a personal ticketing biz that started January this year. Also have biz engagement with Paga. Married with 2 kids.
Lots of transactions on both my salary account and biz account.
I have balance of N250k on my salary account and N450k in my biz.
I have plan to visit UK for a 3 days conference later this year (Plan to stay up to 6 nights) with N490k expenses. I plan to make submission b4 mid September.
Plz, can u suggest documents to submit and my chances of securing a Tourist Visa.

THANK YOU.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
Spending almost N500,000 when u have a total sum of N700,000 in both accounts. And you are married wt 2 kids, meaning more financial responsibility. Wow!!! shocked

Do you have other things to strengthen ur financial position, travel history or is ds trip sponsored by company?

newgold22:
Please i need ur kind advise. I work in a Federal Govt establishment with N132k take home salary (after Tax and other social benefits). I run a personal ticketing biz that started January this year. Also have biz engagement with Paga. Married with 2 kids.
I have plan to visit UK for a 3 days conference later this year (Plan to stay up to 6 nights) with N490k expenses. I plan to make submission b4 mid September.
Plz, can u suggest documents to submit and my chances of securing a Tourist Visa.

THANK YOU.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newgold22: 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
@OGreene.
No travel history. I should be having N350k in my salary account and N700k in biz account by mid september when submitting the application.
I have a personal office where i do my biz (Travel Agent, Cyber Cafe, Paga Agent). All these are aside of my govt salary job.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
boss GMAIL said the email is not correct , please help me to cross check . i dont know what is wrong with france embassy . my sister submitted an appeal since july no reply till date , she made a big mistake to put her passport inside, to get her passport is a problem . please help me to check their email contact . Mail Delivery Subsystem<mailer-daemon@googlemail.com> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

consulfrance.lagos.fslt@diplomatie.gouv.fr . that is the reply from gmail . each time she send an email to them .pleaase check . thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tay0: 10:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
justwise:

Sorry but this is not a list, I don't know how to give you my opinion based on this.

Hi prof justwise, kindly see below what I intend submitting.

Copy of marriage cert and birth cert of my kid
Statement of account of my wife, my salary and savings account inclusive
Wedding pics
Bank reference letters on all account
My pay slip 300k take home
Copy of tax cert
Letter from my org to the emmbassy as regards my annual leave
Employment letter
I also plan to do a change of name for my wife.
Evidence of other source of income. House rent.

Pls hope this would help sir . Kindly state if I have any other thing outstanding.

Thanks I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by swizy: 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
AZUH:
boss GMAIL said the email is not correct , please help me to cross check . i dont know what is wrong with france embassy . my sister submitted an appeal since july no reply till date , she made a big mistake to put her passport inside, to get her passport is a problem . please help me to check their email contact . Mail Delivery Subsystem<mailer-daemon@googlemail.com> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

consulfrance.lagos.fslt@diplomatie.gouv.fr . that is the reply from gmail . each time she send an email to them .pleaase check . thanks

It maybe case sensitive. Have you tried calling?

Check their site.

https://france.visahq.com.ng/embassy/nigeria/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:36am On Aug 12, 2015
Oops, dunno oo. I saw the post on that thread and did a screenshot.

AZUH:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Cc: @justwise smiley

newgold22:
@OGreene.
No travel history. I should be having N350k in my salary account and N700k in biz account by mid september when submitting the application.
I have a personal office where i do my biz (Travel Agent, Cyber Cafe, Paga Agent). All these are aside of my govt salary job.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:45am On Aug 12, 2015
Proof of where you will be staying, also Investment certificates if you have. If u hvnt stated ur budget vs what you have, pls include for justwise to see. Remember to chk if u hv a lump sum in those accts.

tay0:

Wedding pics
Copy of tax cert
Employment letter

Pls hope this would help sir . Kindly state if I have any other thing outstanding.

Thanks I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yjb85: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2015
Yup, that is how its done.

@Justwise good morning, please can you help me with the right form to fill for spouse settlement visa application, the one we have says to be used outside the UK but hubby is submitting in sheffield, i am a lil confused here kindly help. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2015
yjb85:
Yup, that is how its done.

@Justwise good morning, please can you help me with the right form to fill for spouse settlement visa application, the one we have says to be used outside the UK but hubby is submitting in sheffield, i am a lil confused here kindly help. Thank you.

Yes..that is because you are to fill it and submit in Nigeria and your hubby submits other documents to Sheffield, you are the main applicant while your hubby is the sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2015
tay0:

Wedding pics
Copy of tax cert
Employment letter

Thanks I appreciate

You need to outline who you tend to spend the budgeted amount in the UK and list of places you tend to visit or things you want yo do while in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2015
newgold22:

THANK YOU.

Is your business registered?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Gratefulaheart: 10:26am On Aug 12, 2015
Hello justwise and friends. Pls can my husband use the "apply for someone else" option to apply for me? We are travelling together and he has filled his own form. Can he fill mine too?

And also what is the Uk official rate for pounds to naira?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:34am On Aug 12, 2015
Gratefulaheart:
Hello justwise and friends. Pls can my husband use the "apply for someone else" option to apply for me? We are travelling together and he has filled his own form. Can he fill mine too?

And also what is the Uk official rate for pounds to naira?

Yes he can

Use this website for exchange rate conversion, the embassy uses it http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.