Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980332 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
colegold100:
GOOD NEW.!
House after refusal of visa of my wife and daughter in August.. we reapplied and guess what, they just got the visa! wink smileyTANX to everyone on this platform. .justwise ogreene iblaw, ***lawyer, justice and everyone that contributed.
Tanx all

Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
UK visa application
Pls I need explanation on how to sign the sign declaration section online. I don't know how to do it online.

Input your full name, thats the way to sign online, after printing then you sign your signature.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jennytbell: 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
OGreene:
Vicjustice, this 11 degrees is something else. I no wan near snow be that ooo angry

thank God I have left. I can't withstand their 22 degrees let alone 11
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
AZUH:
@vicjustice. Please is this website sure? I want to go to germany through conference and they have one coming up on December. www.culturaldiplomacy.org . The fee is 343 euro. Please answer me. Thanks.
I have no idea, but whether it is genuine or not, i suspect you would loose your money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jennytbell: 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
Let me share my poe experience.

IO: young woman what re u doing in uk
Me: I am to visit my distance cousin
IO: re you married
Me: No but am engaged (shown him to engagement ring)
IO: smile and said congrat
IO: any child back at home
Me: No
IO: when is your wedding coming up
Me: December
IO: checked my landing card again and said so you are a banker
Me: look surprise and answered yes
IO: tell me what you do
Me: explained my job description
IO: what about your fiance what does he do
Me: He is also a banker with bank xyz
IO: why is he not coming to UK with you
Me: because of work schedule
IO: are you going to shop for your up coming wedding
Me: may be with shrug
IO: enjoy your stay and stamp my visa

That is it. I must go look for husband to marry by force by December cause I will like to renew by january endin.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tariy: 5:47am On Sep 24, 2015
jennytbell:

That is it. I must go look for husband to marry by force by December cause I will like to renew by january endin.

Babe it's well jare congrat dearieeee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 5:56am On Sep 24, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

It's well bro. Would have loved to watch the weekend game in London, but redirecting my flight from Manchester to London will cost me N162,650, so will rather see Manchester's match tonight and proceed to Lagos tomorrow.

Bless you.

That a lot bro, I actually wanted to advice u not to change your date at all, finish up what u wanna do and fly back home as this is ur first trip, remember "first impression last longer" oyinbo people can be funny at times. Ur free to visit another time so no need of extension. U can get another ticket with that 160+ and stay for more than 10 days next time. Safe trip bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:16am On Sep 24, 2015
askari01:

That a lot bro, I actually wanted to advice u not to change your date at all, finish up what u wanna do and fly back home as this is ur first trip, remember "first impression last longer" oyinbo people can be funny at times. Ur free to visit another time so no need of extension. U can get another ticket with that 160+ and stay for more than 10 days next time. Safe trip bro.

In Frankfurt airport, heading back to Lagos. Was already tired. Have not eaten good food since Monday and also miss my kids so much.

Thanks and remain bless broda.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2015
House please I made hotel reservation on booking.com with intention of actually lodging into d hotel. But it was a deal that I have to make payment within a stated period. My concern: is booking.com reliable and can I go ahead to make payment. It's trip to uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2015
colegold100:
House please I made hotel reservation on booking.com with intention of actually lodging into d hotel. But it was a deal that I have to make payment within a stated period. My concern: is booking.com reliable and can I go ahead to make payment. It's trip to uk

Why not book through the likes of premier inn directly ? The later the booking, the cheaper the rooms !!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2015
jennytbell:

grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunny4Gold: 11:45am On Sep 24, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Why do you want to cancel?

Have you made payment online?

Answer the questions above and let's start from there.
No payment yet but I have submitted online
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dammylizzy: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
Hello justwise, please I need an advise on the below.

I want to invite my sister to the UK but the issue is, when you applied in the past the name she stated for our mum is different from the name I use normally though the surname is the same just the 1st and middle names. Please how do we address this on the application?

Thank you and I look forward to your prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bonen(f): 1:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
Please house how do we make payment online for 2 years visa heard my regular Visa card can't do it..... 2nd time asking this question. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
bonen:
Please house how do we make payment online for 2 years visa heard my regular Visa card can't do it..... 2nd time asking this question. Thanks.

Master card works but you have to activate it first with your bank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
dammylizzy:
Hello justwise, please I need an advise on the below.

I want to invite my sister to the UK but the issue is, when you applied in the past the name she stated for our mum is different from the name I use normally though the surname is the same just the 1st and middle names. Please how do we address this on the application?

Thank you and I look forward to your prompt response.

Use the name in her official documents

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dammylizzy: 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
justwise:

Use the name in her official documents

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
Touchdown Lagos after my three days business meeting in the UK.

Turbulence was something else, but Thank God for HIS mercies.

Thanks to the Prof. and all other associates on this forum. You guys are too much. Seven Gbosa!!!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
bonen:
Good morning all pls how do I pay for 2 yrs visa with naija MasterCard as per restrictions. Is there any other way thanks.

Not sure if this has been resolved but my brother had the same issue. He had to call the bank and then get the card registered. By then, we had made several attempts to pay for the application but was unsuccessful. He eventually called the ukvisa customer care and was advised to make a fresh application. That was when all went through. He got his visa within a week.

Hope this helps. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

I need some advice on the bank statements I will need to supply to Sheffield for hubbys spouse visa application

My bank statements are online PDFs ive printed, and I seem to be just going over everything like a million times.

I have seen conflicting information

in the immigration appendix it states this:

(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter
from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are
authentic or which bear th
e official stamp of the issuing bank on every
page.

All my pdf have headed paper etc.

has anyone had to get these stamped, my bank NatWest have said they do not stamp statements.

Please advise

thanky you smiley
@op
This may be a little too late but for the benefit of others, I only just recently supported my brother's application with some documents. For my bank statement, I only downloaded it from the website and saved as a PDF which i forwarded to my brother. He printed it and used for his application and was successful with it. What the case officer wants to see is regular inflow of income and possibly expenses. If they have any doubt, i guess they have the power to call your bank or even your employer for confirmation (not sure about this though)

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
House please how can I make payment with my card for hotel which I booked. My card keep declining and think it's d cbn 300usd policy stuff on card. Please which other way?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bigolly(m): 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
pls what is the extral charges in visa fee in ikeja uk visa application centre for? is there any benefit of applying in ikeja centre to VI centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
Justwise,I had a friend who was issued a UK visit visa April this month,but did not travel cause her mom was not ready and she had to deal with exams in Nigeria..Her visa expires October 7th this year and she plans to travel 26th of this month(September),which she has a flight ticket already for..She's scared that her visa will cancelled at Heathrow Airport cause she has not used it all these while..What is your advice..I hope to also hear from other members of this thread..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
stevecrun:
Justwise,I had a friend who was issued a UK visit visa April this month,but did not travel cause her mom was not ready and she had to deal with exams in Nigeria..Her visa expires October 7th this year and she plans to travel 26th of this month(September),which she has a flight ticket already for..She's scared that her visa will cancelled at Heathrow Airport cause she has not used it all these while..What is your advice..I hope to also hear from other members of this thread..

Her visa is still valid, wish her a pleasant flight on my behalf.
She should simply ensure she has a return ticket and dated departure before 7th October.
Can she buy KFC for me?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 25, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Her visa is still valid, wish her a pleasant flight on my behalf.
She should simply ensure she has a return ticket and dated departure before 7th October.
Can she buy KFC for me?
loool,I will bro..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 1:57am On Sep 25, 2015
stevecrun:
loool,I will bro..

12 chicken buckets a bottle of pepsi and Zinger burger, would do me nicely !!!!! Lol

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Touchdown Lagos after my three days business meeting in the UK.

Turbulence was something else, but Thank God for HIS mercies.

Thanks to the Prof. and all other associates on this forum. You guys are too much. Seven Gbosa!!!!!!!

Welcome back bro... How many Ghana must go should I bring when coming to pack all the goodies u brought for me... I hope ur accent has not changed like some yeye people... welcome back home once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:23am On Sep 25, 2015
askari01:

Welcome back bro... How many Ghana must go should I bring when coming to pack all the goodies u brought for me... I hope ur accent has not changed like some yeye people... welcome back home once again.

Thanks bro! Just one suitcase for the family jare! Shopped at Primark.

What's the latest from your end?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2015
Prof Justice, time to put in the kids application. I've been schooled and graduated from your Institution, I shouldn't have a problem with the application.

But should I need to learn further Msc level, will still run down to you grin

Bless you bro. You just too much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
Lexusgs430:

12 chicken buckets a bottle of pepsi and Zinger burger, would do me nicely !!!!! Lol
bros,na only your belle that won enter?lool..I don even tire for those kin food..even McDonald's now dey irritate me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
stevecrun:
bros,na only your belle that won enter?lool..I don even tire for those kin food..even McDonald's now dey irritate me.

LOL. If you see my belle eee, you go know!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.