Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981649 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hello everyone.
Pls I need your opinion.

Where do u think is ok for a family relocating to UK apart from london.
Everything like low housing, work and the rest all considered.

Thank u all in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by poshstore: 7:03am On Sep 29, 2015
iblaw:

I used KLM and paid N170,000...promo ticket
Txs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by poshstore: 7:04am On Sep 29, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Lufthansa @230k
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:02am On Sep 29, 2015
gentlii:
Hello everyone.
Pls I need your opinion.

Thank u all in advance.

Are you relocating from another EU country, America or Africa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2015
Hi justwise, we are relocating from nigeria.

We are considering very cool and friendly environment to raise children and intermingle.
Nearness to good higher institution will be an added advantage.

Thank u so much.
Bless u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:07am On Sep 29, 2015
gentlii:
Hi justwise, we are relocating from nigeria.

We are considering very cool and friendly environment to raise children and intermingle.
Nearness to good higher institution will be an added advantage.

Thank u so much.
Bless u.

You really need to visit the UK first with your family and visit cities outside London....Manchester, Birmingham, Portsmouth etc... Each of these places has its own ghetto-ish area that is why you need to visit first to make your own judgment, as a single person my preferences may not match that of a family man with a different set values.

If you haven't lived or visited the UK before it may be a cultural shock to the kids hence the need to visit first.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2015
justwise:

You really need to visit the UK first with your family and visit cities outside London....Manchester, Birmingham, Portsmouth etc... Each of these places has its own ghetto-ish area that is why you need to visit first to make your own judgment, as a single person my preferences may not match that of a family man with a different set values.

If you haven't lived or visited the UK before it may be a cultural shock to the kids hence the need to visit first.

Thank u so much sir.
Yes, one person will go ahead before the rest of the family will join in other to secure a better place for the rest of the family.

So we will consider the places u mentioned.
Again, thanks a lot.
Will let u know our choice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
@justwise...please I need your advise.I am trying to make a reservation on booking.com for a two trip for I and my hubby.. But I want hotels dat d prices are very low..the ones that I am seeing are hostels.Any suggestions... Since we are going on a visit...which area/districts have cheaper hotels....thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
teana4040:
@justwise...please I need your advise.I am trying to make a reservation on booking.com for a two trip for I and my hubby.. But I want hotels dat d prices are very low..the ones that I am seeing are hostels.Any suggestions... Since we are going on a visit...which area/districts have cheaper hotels....thanks
Try these two hotels travelodge and premier inn, you will get the cheapest rate with them....sometimes as low as £29 per night...you will get cheaper hotel in cities outside London

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teedle(f): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
travelland:

Hello, your ties to Nigeria is not too strong because you earn stipends as you stated, do you have assets or investments or do your parents have assets or investments? Please add it to your documents, include a letter from your employer and your employment documents, then add all the required documents from your sponsor, don't forget to write an introduction letter.

Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2015
@justwise..thanks so much for the prompt response...I av checked for the Travelodge on booking.com cldnt find...what district is it located
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
Type Travelodge UK into Google search

Plenty to look at in many towns.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
@worry395....thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
gentlii:
Hello everyone.
Pls I need your opinion.

Thank u all in advance.

Manchester, Bradford, New castle, Birmingham
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
teana4040:

Holiday Inn is not expensive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2015
Hello,

Someone please help me
I sent my document to SHEFFIELD, but I don't know if it is the right one
I sent it to
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S3 8WA

Can you please help me confirm if this is the right address
And also can you please give me their phone number to call them on

Thanks in advance
Toyin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2015
Thanks so much. Please do you know the address I'm meant to send the documents to in Sheffield? Also do you have their contact number?
Hoping to hear from you soon

1. 6 months payslip will do.

2. For spouse visa application the money comes from you as his sponsor, his earnings will not be needed, you need to proof that you are earning £18600 a year.

3. You submit not only phone call history but whatsapp, Facebook, Skype , emails...all means of communication both of you have ever used.

4. No need for a lawyer but if you have money to throw around then feel free to get one.

5. British passport

6. Your list of documents are good but yellow fever and letter of invitation are not needed, you need to add more pictures...wedding pics, pictures of both of you together before marriage, if you have ever sent him money or gift add the evidence.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
Wow! When I checked Premier Inn, rates were like £60 - £80. I really wish I got lower rates

justwise:

Try these two hotels travelodge and premier inn, you will get the cheapest rate with them....sometimes as low as £29 per night...you will get cheaper hotel in cities outside London
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
Am back to Nigeria. A good vacation it was. UK is pretty expensive tho. Plenty shopping centres, my best part grin I missed African food a lot. Dunt wanna talk abt the cold angry

They love walking, they would say "oh, the place is just down the corner, it's a 10 mins walk". Omo, na so person go trek 20mins, I still never reach where I dey go. I got walking trainers coz my legs began to hurt.

I enjoyed the trip altogether.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
OGreene:
Am back to Nigeria. A good vacation it was. UK is pretty expensive tho. Plenty shopping centres, my best part grin I missed African food a lot. Dunt wanna talk abt the cold angry

They love walking, they would say "oh, the place is just down the corner, it's a 10 mins walk". Omo, na so person go trek 20mins, I still never reach where I dey go. I got walking trainers coz my legs began to hurt.

Welcome Back.

I concur, UK is SUPER expensive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
OGreene:

grin grin grin

Glad to know you had a good vacation but this is not cold oooo, the real cold fit make person blood dry inside bodi grin

Just arrived Manchester last weekend, enjoying the cool weather
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
Yes it is
justwise:

Is this spouse visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
Thanks. Will only target Sales period and shop online.

FrontPageLawyer:

Welcome Back.

I concur, UK is SUPER expensive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Alright. Enjoy!!!! I visited Birmingham as well. Lovely Lovely city.

iblaw:

grin grin grin

Glad to know you had a good vacation but this is not cold oooo, the real cold fit make person blood dry inside bodi grin

Just arrived Manchester last weekend, enjoying the cool weather
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
OGreene:

Welcome back home, Hw was ur trip ?

Did you see Iya Charlie ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hehehehe, she go give me money? Well, I stopped by at the Palace

BABAOYIN:

Welcome back home, Hw was ur trip ?

Did you see Iya Charlie ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
ToyinNick:
Hello,

Someone please help me
I sent my document to SHEFFIELD, but I don't know if it is the right one
I sent it to
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S3 8WA

Can you please help me confirm if this is the right address
And also can you please give me their phone number to call them on

Thanks in advance
Toyin

The address is correct, why are you entertaining doubts about it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
OGreene:

Welcome back, i also just came back, i stayed at Walthamstow, had a great trip too. You should have prepared your meals yourself, i always take things over there i can't shout jor. As for walking, even kids as little as three will give you a run for your money, they can walk! cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teeton: 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2015
Please house, for someone going to the UK on business visa would her kid accompainging her be able to attend school while in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 12:17am On Oct 01, 2015
Justwise..iblaw..Ogreene, House..I got flight ticket for wifey , myself n child .less than 2 years @390k direct flight to uk..is it a good deal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by APFM(m): 1:51am On Oct 01, 2015
@Justwise

I really commend your efforts replying pple on this forum but i want to ask knowing the facts that you have answered me earlier on the short course i intend doing in UK by April.

I want to know if it is advisable to pay all fees related to my course before applying for my studies because most of my funds are tied in UK and i wouldn't want to send the money to Nigeria,apply for visa and send it back.

In short,i have all the fees in UK and i intend paying so that the school can issue me receipts,then i can apply for my school as you said by january or February.

Pls what is your take?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 1:55am On Oct 01, 2015
OGreene:

You r welcome bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.