Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981650 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
Teedle:

Errr what are you talking about?

Teedle:
Do you want to travel?! In need of air ticketing and reservation, airport assistance, visa information, hotel reservation and cargo clearing Just call .......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teedle(f): 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

List your partner's documents and also your own personal documents you both will be submitting.

Also, you have not answered Justwise question.

How much is your partner's monthly earning?

Is he fully employed or run his own business?

I am not a visa agent o! In fact I have been reading this thread since morning trying to get information about my visa application!

Like I stated earlier he runs a construction business and makes roughly 5 million in a spread of 3 months.

My documents:
Letter from employer
Bank statement (is this necessary?)
Hotel booking confirmation
Travel booking confirmation
Completed visa application forms

His:
Letter of sponsorship
Bank statement

Is this okay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teedle(f): 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
justwise:

That post links to my dad's travel agency.
Would you ask your dad for help to travel with your boyfriend?
I stated earlier, I work with an estate firm.
It's okay if you no longer want to help.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
funlover1:

Thank you justwise..I appreciate

If I reduce the number of days to 7 but stayed 14 days in the UK ,would that be an issue when applying for the next UK visa? Please advise

No, It will not. The most important thing is securing your visa. redo your budget and come back to us.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
Teedle:

That post links to my dad's travel agency.
Would you ask your dad for help to travel with your boyfriend?
I stated earlier, I work with an estate firm.
It's okay if you no longer want to help.
Thanks.

Please you have to come clean because this thread/forum frown seriously against agents.

Don't underestimate the value of good advice.

Justwise will never slander or label you an agent if you are truly clean.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teedle(f): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
You can call the number and ask smiley

You guys replied me promptly and gave me good advice. I'm not sure why I won't 'come clean'
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funlover1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

No, It will not. The most important thing is securing your visa. redo your budget and come back to us.
If I reduce to 7 days as advised the costs will be:
Flight ticket for two: 340k
Hotel for two: 95k
Living cost for two:80k
Total is 515k.
Is this in order?
Secondly, if at the POE, they ask me why am I staying in the UK for two weeks(because my flight tickets will show when I plan to return) when I stated in the application that I plan to spend one week.

Please advise sirs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
funlover1:

If I reduce to 7 days as advised the costs will be:
Flight ticket for two: 340k
Hotel for two: 95k
Living cost for two:80k
Total is 515k.
Is this in order?
Secondly, if at the POE, they ask me why am I staying in the UK for two weeks(because my flight tickets will show when I plan to return) when I stated in the application that I plan to spend one week.

Please advise sirs.

Your Budget for 7 days is prudent. If granted the visa, you can decide to stay in the UK for two weeks.

You shouldn't have a problem at POE as there could be a change in your circumstances. The most important thing is to prove and be truthful to Immigration Officer (IO) that you will not overstay your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funlover1(m): 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Your Budget for 7 days is prudent. If granted the visa, you can decide to stay in the UK for two weeks.
You shouldn't have a problem at POE as there could be a change in your circumstances. The most important thing is to prove and be truthful to Immigration Officer (IO) that you will not overstay your visa.

Thanks a million!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Not always good idea only if you have a very strong reason to do that else your next visa application will be tricky
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funlover1(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
justwise:

Not always good idea only if you have a very strong reason to do that else your next visa application will be tricky

Hmmn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by funlover1(m): 12:34am On Sep 27, 2015
How do I go about flight reservation as part of the requirement for visa application? I had tried doing the booking but all the sites I see (travel start.com) always require payment. I would want to be able to make reservation now and make payment after the visa has been granted. Anyone who could provide an expert advice please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nikiihardehx(f): 6:55am On Sep 27, 2015
hello house I have another question........ ma dad decided I should apply for extension on my visa and attach a copy o my ticket....in order to avoid issues at POE....since its almost expired and aint travelling wif mum as stated in my application.....my question is....how long does extension/ renewal takes? and do you think I have a better chance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:42am On Sep 27, 2015
funlover1:
How do I go about flight reservation as part of the requirement for visa application? I had tried doing the booking but all the sites I see (travel start.com) always require payment. I would want to be able to make reservation now and make payment after the visa has been granted. Anyone who could provide an expert advice please?

It is not a requirement for UK visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bigolly(m): 3:19am On Sep 28, 2015
i have filled and summitted my application online, about to book appointment and pay visa fee but i discovered that i need to change some of the information i filled, how can i go about this?is there a way to cancel it the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:05am On Sep 28, 2015
Bigolly:
i have filled and summitted my application online, about to book appointment and pay visa fee but i discovered that i need to change some of the information i filled, how can i go about this?is there a way to cancel it the application?

But why do you keep making mistakes?

Make up your mind and start another application giving you a new GWF reference.

Be well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2015
Bigolly:

If you are telling the TRUTH it is simple to get the correct information!
It is LIES that get complicated to remember. shocked

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:25am On Sep 28, 2015
nikiihardehx:
hello house I have another question........ ma dad decided I should apply for extension on my visa and attach a copy o my ticket....in order to avoid issues at POE....since its almost expired and aint travelling wif mum as stated in my application.....my question is....how long does extension/ renewal takes? and do you think I have a better chance?

You can't extend visiting visa, you either apply again now or wait until the current one expires then you apply and explain why the previous one wasn't used
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 10:40am On Sep 28, 2015
nikiihardehx:

Don't make it hard for yourself. Go within the time of your visa. It doesn't matter if it is at the tail end as long as it is within the validity period and your passport is still valid. If you don't use your visa this time, it will be harder to go for a renewal as it would throw up different questions.

Arm yourself with all documents you will need to show that you are a genuine tourist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bigolly(m): 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
worry359:

If you are telling the TRUTH it is simple to get the correct information!
It is LIES that get complicated to remember. shocked

lol grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bigolly(m): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Be well.

Thanks but i've not talk of making any mistake before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hello friends, it feels good to be back in the country after my vacation,. How is everyone doing?

I am ready to continue helping genuine intending travellers again

@Justwise and all other helpers, thanks for your efforts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
[quote author=colegold100 post=38327696]House please I made hotel reservation on booking.com with intention of actually lodging into d hotel. But it was a deal that I have to make payment within a stated period. My concern: is booking.com reliable and can I go ahead to make payment. It's trip to uk
[/quvisa,

I know someone that used it and got her 2yrs visa, just make sure you confirm your booking by calling the Hotel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
bonen:
Please house how do we make payment online for 2 years visa heard my regular Visa card can't do it..... 2nd time asking this question. Thanks.

You can use your normat ATM card, I use paga and my payments go smoothly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
bonen:
Please house how do we make payment online for 2 years visa heard my regular Visa card can't do it..... 2nd time asking this question. Thanks.

You can use your ATM pay with paga if you don't mind their service charge
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
colegold100:
House please how can I make payment with my card for hotel which I booked. My card keep declining and think it's d cbn 300usd policy stuff on card. Please which other way?

I heard UBAfricard is good for online payment or u can try diamond bank master card also heard it's good for online transactions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
Teedle:
Good afternoon all,

I recently graduated and got an internship job for a year at a top estate firm in Nigeria. I'm 2 months into the internship, I only receive stipends (my point is I have little to nothing in my account)

I would like to travel to UK with my boyfriend. This would be my first time, he has worked and schooled in UK some years back, he presently holds a 5 years visa.

He would be my sponsor and would provide all documents and bank statements needed, we would book an hotel. He is financially capable to sponsor us both.

We plan to be there for 10 days. I would get a letter of leave from my office and any other document I need from them.

All my family members are here in Nigeria.

So, do I meet up with the requirements for a general visitor's visa?

Please respond, thanks.

Hello, your ties to Nigeria is not too strong because you earn stipends as you stated, do you have assets or investments or do your parents have assets or investments? Please add it to your documents, include a letter from your employer and your employment documents, then add all the required documents from your sponsor, don't forget to write an introduction letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
funlover1:
Dear all,
Please confirm this is in order, my monthly salary is a little less than 300k while my wife earns about 100k.I will be sponsoring the trip,my acct balance which I intend to print out on Monday is about 1m while my wife would have abt 100k in her account by mon/Tues when they pay her salary...we intend to spend about 700k in total on the trip..kindly advise guys..I am trying to book d visa appointment for next wednesday

Hello, your wives balance is quite low regardless of the fact that you're sponsoring the trip, 350 upwards would be a bit reasonable with a sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
funlover1:
Dear all,
Please confirm this is in order, my monthly salary is a little less than 300k while my wife earns about 100k.I will be sponsoring the trip,my acct balance which I intend to print out on Monday is about 1m while my wife would have abt 100k in her account by mon/Tues when they pay her salary...we intend to spend about 700k in total on the trip..kindly advise guys..I am trying to book d visa appointment for next wednesday

You propose to spent three quarters of your savings on the trip with both of you traveling.
Sorry but this will be a red flag to the visa officer and will be a rejection.

Better to build your savings up for a while before applying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by poshstore: 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Be well.
Pls what airline did u use to Manchester and how much was it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
poshstore:

I used KLM and paid N170,000...promo ticket
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
poshstore:

Lufthansa @230k

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.