Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980828 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
[quote author=Vicjustice][/quote]

Can I process a canadian visiting Visa in the uk as a student? I mean if am in the uk on a Tier 4 visa can I go visiting my Uncle in canada? If yes, can you direct me to the thread so I just read up the requirements. Thanks and Nice work Vicjustice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2012
Donxavier:

Can I process a canadian visiting Visa in the uk as a student? I mean if am in the uk on a Tier 4 visa can I go visiting my Uncle in canada? If yes, can you direct me to the thread so I just read up the requirements. Thanks and Nice work Vicjustice.
You can apply for a visa of any country from any country if you hold a residence permit of the country that you are applying from.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
Vicjustice: You can apply for a visa of any country from any country if you hold a residence permit of the country that you are applying from.

Thanks. Is there a thread for candaian visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prisca1: 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
i was just refused a family visa with my son,because i didn't add my personal salary statement but i added my husband's statement with larger deposites and no evidence to support them. my husband has a part time job which earns him that deposits and he has invoices to back them, i aslo have a personal bank statement but the money is not too much. do u think i should re- apply or appeal am not in a hurry to travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:39am On Aug 07, 2012
prisca1: i was just refused a family visa with my son,because i didn't add my personal salary statement but i added my husband's statement with larger deposites and no evidence to support them. my husband has a part time job which earns him that deposits and he has invoices to back them, i aslo have a personal bank statement but the money is not too much. do u think i should re- apply or appeal am not in a hurry to travel
If you reapply, you will be refused again.
You may want to read from this link and learn why:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 8:44am On Aug 07, 2012
Vicjustice: Does this mean you come here only when you have issue?
shocked no not @ all! But I wrote it b4 that I'm reading the whole of part 1 iam already on page 126 I didn't see an answer to my question so I decided to ask it here. Pls its not like that oooo! Most times when some pple ask questions u guys weill say it has been answered previously that they shud read back that is exactly waht I'm doing I've gained a lot of knowlede from reading part1 from the begining.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2012
Dark mark: Pls oh, Guys has any one had of τ̲̅ђe UKBA refusing a visa after 3weeks of processing of visa? I mean what's τ̲̅ђe probability of refusing a visa after 3weeks of processing of one document, pls i want to know.

I was refused after 3 weeks of processing, but that doesn't mean that wud be ur case others got there own so be positive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:17am On Aug 07, 2012
Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate that you didn't take offence and reply rudely.
As for your question; investing your money is not the problem, your account statements just have to meet the requirement as I explained in this link:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
Vicjustice: Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate that you didn't take offence and reply rudely.
As for your question; investing your money is not the problem, your account statement just have to meet the requirement as I explained in this link:

Ah I can't take offence, when I'm not ungrateful, the good far out weighs the bad grin the link helped thanks a bunch kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lakzie: 10:50am On Aug 08, 2012
can any one tell me how long a uk visit visa application takes to be out after submission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Daveicing: 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
Dear All,

I am planning to request for a General Visitor / Tourist visa @ the UK Emabassy and i've got the following documents Intact.

Letter of Employment
Confirmation of employment
Job Function
Leave Letter
6 Months Pay Slips (Showing my monthly salary)
6 Months Bank Statement - showing my salary inflow & allowances over the past 6 months (with 1.1m as my balance)
Hotel Reservation
Company ID Card

As gave my documents to a friend who does UK Visa to people and she told me that my age is a problem, because i'm just 20yr +, she said that the VISA officer might be having some issues with my age that how can a Nigerian of 20yrs be working and earn 160k as monthly salary and also having a balance of 1.1m.

Kindly advice if truly there is a problem with my application.

I am still a student of University of Lagos but also works at thesame time as a Network Administrator with an IT firm.

Please Advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ololo12: 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
@ Justwise and vicjustice.. Please I need your help on this matter. I have been denied UK visit visa on two ocassion. The first denial was due to my inability to proof the fundsin my account with supporting documents like payslip and tax clearance(01-03-2012), I reapplied again on 03-05-2012 with 450k in my account, and the required documentation, I was refused on the grounds that I am taking more money than I can afford for the trip. Now I've lodged enough sum in my acct and want re-apply next month. I'll like to know my chances of getting the visa this time around!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ololo12: 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
Bro, your good to go with those documentation. However, I'll advise you apply after their olympics, you stand 80% of getting the visa and 90% if you apply in winter!!

Dave_icig: Dear All,
I am planning to request for a General Visitor / Tourist visa @ the UK Emabassy and i've got the following documents Intact.

Letter of Employment
Job Function
Leave Letter
6 Months Bank Statement - showing my salary inflow & allowances over the past 6 months (with 1.1m as my balance)
Hotel Reservation
Company ID Card

As gave my documents to a friend who does UK Visa to people and she told me that my age is a problem, because i'm just 20yr +, she said that the VISA officer might be having some issues with my age that how can a Nigerian of 20yrs be working and earn 160k as monthly salary and also having a balance of 1.1m.

I am still a student of University of Lagos but also works at thesame time as a Network Administrator with an IT firm.

Please Advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prisca1: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
Thanks @vicjutice so what do u suggest I do cos my mother in law wants to spend time with my son! I need advice pleade
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
Dave_icing: Dear All,

Letter of Employment
Job Function
Leave Letter
Hotel Reservation
Company ID Card

Please Advice
You've done a wise thing by coming here with this query.
Now, it is not only that the act of altering your age will get you into a life-time problem, I reckon that the bank statement that you're about to use is fake: therefore you will also be facing a 10 year's ban plus the problem that will follow you for life if you alter your age.
That visa agent is a fool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2012
ololo12: @ Justwise and vicjustice.. Please I need your help on this matter. I have been denied UK visit visa on two ocassion. The first denial was due to my inability to proof the fundsin my account with supporting documents like payslip and tax clearance(01-03-2012), I reapplied again on 03-05-2012 with 450k in my account, and the required documentation, I was refused on the grounds that I am taking more money than I can afford for the trip. Now I've lodged enough sum in my acct and want re-apply next month. I'll like to know my chances of getting the visa this time around!
You would still get refused for money lodgement violation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Macheus(m): 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
Thumbs up for you guys!!
I would know to how much a student VISA would cost and Travelling Ticket on economy class and as well flying with Arik or British Airways. I deemed to make enquiry about this because my VISA agent wants to rip me off,He told me VISA(80K while Ticket goes for N165K) Pls.how true is it? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Macheus: Thumbs up for you guys!!
I would know to how much a student VISA would cost and Travelling Ticket on economy class and as well flying with Arik or British Airways. I deemed to make enquiry about this because my VISA agent wants to rip me off,He told me VISA(80K while Ticket goes for N165K) Pls.how true is it? Thanks.
165 k for flight ticket is very reasonable except it's Turkish Airline which could be real cheap despite their good services
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
Macheus: Thumbs up for you guys!!

For nairaland sake why do you need an agent to get ticket for you? You have access to internet and can't sort that out? God!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hey guys! Vicjustice/justwise
Have kinds noticed a trend with the ECO from all the reading I've been doing. I noticed that if someone submits a flawless application the ECO will say something like 'I do not understnd y u wud want to use 1/4 of ur salry for a 14 day trip ( like its his business) for e.g if some1s annual tale home is 2M and they wanna use N500k for the trip that wud be d only reason given for refusal.
My question now is how can one avoid this? How can u convince the Eco that u r ok with spending that amnt of money on a holiday? Cos I think its a silly reason for refusal? Or? undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MosakuAW(m): 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hello all!

I have been issue 6months tourist visa. I trying booking my hotel reservation thru booking.com using my diamond bank credit card and i keep getting an error message, that my credit card is not valid. I called my bank and i was told everything is ok. Can anybody tell me any other website that i can do hotel reservation cause, i will be travelling 24th of August and i dont want to be denied entry clearance because i dont have hotel reservation. thank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
teejay_GO01: Hey guys! Vicjustice/justwise
Have kinds noticed a trend with the ECO from all the reading I've been doing. I noticed that if someone submits a flawless application the ECO will say something like 'I do not understnd y u wud want to use 1/4 of ur salry for a 14 day trip ( like its his business) for e.g if some1s annual tale home is 2M and they wanna use N500k for the trip that wud be d only reason given for refusal.
My question now is how can one avoid this? How can u convince the Eco that u r ok with spending that amnt of money on a holiday? Cos I think its a silly reason for refusal? Or? undecided

Is not about having 2m in your account, the issue is can you account for every penny of that money? Does your salary matched your bank balance? It may look flawless to you but its not to the ECO.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Macheus(m): 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
I appreciate your swift reponse,but the point is that, This man has being the one doing my processing (school runs) from day one so I confided in him to take care of everything for me,just felt something fishy when he mentioned those figures,because I once heard from a reliable source that the duo could be gotten for N168K.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2012
Me again cool But this one is SERIOUS And SOMEHOW

I was going thru the ukba website and I noticed that they have changed the General visitor form( the date on it is now July 2012)

Do u know that uncles, aunts and cousins are no longer considered family and u cannot fill d family visitor form saying u want to go and see them.( Has this been in existence since? Or did they just change it)I filled a family visit visa to see my uncle in June(my mums brother)does that mean I filled the wrong form?

Secondly in this new gen visitorhey asked do u have any friend in the uk and in d guidance note they described friend as 'my mothers brothers son'which is obviously my cousin' Does this mean that when iam filling the form I'm going to put my uncles name under friends rather than under family(because uncles r no longer regarded as family)or I'll put his name under both

This is sooooo confusing and I would appreciate an explantion! *whew*
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2012
teejay_GO01: Me again cool But this one is SERIOUS And SOMEHOW

I was going thru the ukba website and I noticed that they have changed the General visitor form( the date on it is now July 2012)

Do u know that uncles, aunts and cousins are no longer considered family and u cannot fill d family visitor form saying u want to go and see them.( Has this been in existence since? Or did they just change it)I filled a family visit visa to see my uncle in June(my mums brother)does that mean I filled the wrong form?

Secondly in this new gen visitorhey asked do u have any friend in the uk and in d guidance note they described friend as 'my mothers brothers son'which is obviously my cousin' Does this mean that when iam filling the form I'm going to put my uncles name under friends rather than under family(because uncles r no longer regarded as family)or I'll put his name under both

This is sooooo confusing and I would appreciate an explantion! *whew*

That law changed last month, the real definition of family member by UKBA is your mother, father or brother and sister that is it. Uncles and anties are not regarded as family member again.

I don't know how mother and brother could be regarded as friends, i never read that part.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ololo12: 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2012
Omg!!! What do you advise I do bro? I don't want to apply and get refused again. Plus I've got a US visa appt in oct, I want this UK visa on my pp before the interview so it can boost my chances of getting the US visa. Please help!!

Vicjustice: You would still get refused for money lodgement violation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:23am On Aug 09, 2012
ololo12: Omg!!! What do you advise I do bro? I don't want to apply and get refused again. Plus I've got a US visa appt in oct, I want this UK visa on my pp before the interview so it can boost my chances of getting the US visa. Please help!!
If you think of the advantage that the UK visa can "boost your chance of getting the US visa", you also have to consider the disadvantages, for instance; the visa officer may judge that your finance will not be enough for double holidays at the same period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Macheus(m): 8:22am On Aug 09, 2012
I appreciate your swift reponse,but the point is
that, This man has being the one doing my
processing (school runs) from day one so I
confided in him to take care of everything for
me,just felt something fishy when he mentioned
those figures,because I once heard from a reliable
source that the duo could be gotten for N168K.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teejayGO01: 9:59am On Aug 09, 2012
justwise:

That law changed last month, the real definition of family member by UKBA is your mother, father or brother and sister that is it. Uncles and anties are not regarded as family member again.

I don't know how mother and brother could be regarded as friends, i never read that part.

Thanks justwise! No mother and brother are not regarded as friends what I meant is that thay wrote ' Your Mothers brothers son' which is obviously ur cousin.

So my uncle is my friend then, O well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prisca1: 10:28am On Aug 09, 2012
justwise please i need ur advise on my earlier question, do i appeal or re-apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:35am On Aug 09, 2012
prisca1: i was just refused a family visa with my son,because i didn't add my personal salary statement but i added my husband's statement with larger deposites and no evidence to support them. my husband has a part time job which earns him that deposits and he has invoices to back them, i aslo have a personal bank statement but the money is not too much. do u think i should re- apply or appeal am not in a hurry to travel

When you are applying for visiting visa and submit bank statement, its always important to submit paper evidence to back up the source of that money, anybody can submit fat bank account but not everybody can account for every penny in that account.

Get paper evidence to back up your husband's bank statement, payslips, letter of employment...etc. Appealing will cost you more money and time but the chances of winning it is below average.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Daveicing: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2012
ololo12: Bro, your good to go with those documentation. However, I'll advise you apply after their olympics, you stand 80% of getting the visa and 90% if you apply in winter!!

Thanks and God Bless U.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.