Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:48 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976138 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yincahmicheal(m): 10:52am On Dec 05, 2012
welldone guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by menia: 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
Vicjustice:
I think you already answered your own question.
Well, to clarify that, as a married woman, it is supposed to be YOU or your HUSBAND who should be doing the sponsorship, not your father: Yet, it is not an entirely wrong thing to have one's father as a sponsor; but the fact is, a person who is not capable of self sponsorship is not deemed worthy of a tourist visa because, s/he can hardly satisfy the Visa Officer of the availability (and most importantly, the accessibility) of the fund nor can s/he satisfy the Visa Officer of the intention to return to Nigeria

With all due respect, I dont totally agree with Vicjustice. There is nothing wrong in parent sponsoring a married woman and her kids when comes to either UK or US tourist visa or student visa. Anytime I apply for either UK or US visa for myself and my daughter, I always use my father documents as my sponsor despite the fact that I work and they always grant our visas. kalari just ensure you include your statement of account as well. I applied for UK 10 years visa last year with my daughter and my father sponsored us and the visas were granted eventhough I'm married.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Skywalker5(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
menia:

With all due respect, I dont totally agree with Vicjustice. There is nothing wrong in parent sponsoring a married woman and her kids when comes to either UK or US tourist visa or student visa. Anytime I apply for either UK or US visa for myself and my daughter, I always use my father documents as my sponsor despite the fact that I work and they always grant our visas. kalari just ensure you include your statement of account as well. I applied for UK 10 years visa last year with my daughter and my father sponsored us and the visas were granted eventhough I'm married.

You just said you work. Kalari did not mention anything about work in her post
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chelseabmw(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
My friend needs help

He has third class result and he can not apply for masters in the uk.Please what other form of programme can he apply for in uk so that he can be able to do his masters later.He studied economics....And if he apply for visa will he be granted? Do you know of any university or college with low tuition fees? Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
menia:

With all due respect, I dont totally agree with Vicjustice. There is nothing wrong in parent sponsoring a married woman and her kids when comes to either UK or US tourist visa or student visa...
That is why i said: "it is not an entirely wrong thing to have one's father as a sponsor; but the fact is, a person who is not capable of self sponsorship is not deemed worthy of a tourist visa..."

menia:
...Anytime I apply for either UK or US visa for myself and my daughter, I always use my father documents as my sponsor despite the fact that I work and they always grant our visas. kalari just ensure you include your statement of account as well...
You might have been privileged to satisfy a visa officer that your father's fund is available and that you have access to it, but that does not mean that other people are so likewise privileged; that is why i said: "...because, s/he can hardly satisfy the Visa Officer of the availability (and most importantly, the accessibility) of the fund

menia:
...kalari just ensure you include your statement of account as well. I applied for UK 10 years visa last year with my daughter and my father sponsored us and the visas were granted eventhough I'm married.
Karali didn't say anything about her own bank statement, and that alone is[i] disqualifies her from the requirements of a tourist visa and she doesn't seem to have a job hence i said she can not "satisfy the Visa Officer of her intention to return to Nigeria"[/i]

So, what really do you disagree with me about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
chelseabmw: My friend needs help

He has third class result and he can not apply for masters in the uk.Please what other form of programme can he apply for in uk so that he can be able to do his masters later.He studied economics....And if he apply for visa will he be granted? Do you know of any university or college with low tuition fees? Tnx
Your friend or yourself should be carefull!
You want school to accept poor score!
You want cheap school!
You MUST check that any school is on the UKBA list of schools & DO NOT pay any agent or up front fees!!!

But you may have difficult time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
@justwise nd vic, can my brother who is on workpermit in uk sponsor my trip for family visit? He is the one dat want to invite me,am a business man here in naija and am also going to include my bank statement and my business registration certificate together with my invoices nd receipt as a proof of tie to naija. Am i gud 2 go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peteafrik88(m): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
@chelseabmw; Y nt check University of Portsmouth. Email them and explain your issue to them ir simply contact their representative in Nigeria through Glory Educational Services (GES) Ikeja, Lagos.

www.gloryeduserve.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
lovesavvi: @justwise nd vic, can my brother who is on workpermit in uk sponsor my trip for family visit? He is the one dat want to invite me,am a business man here in naija and am also going to include my bank statement and my business registration certificate together with my invoices nd receipt as a proof of tie to naija. Am i gud 2 go?
I don't understand why you need your brother to sponsor you if you have all these mentioned credentials
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
Okay, but what is minimum balance that supose to be in my statement of account?. Thanks
Vicjustice:
I don't understand why you need your brother to sponsor you if you have all these mentioned credentials
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
lovesavvi: Okay, but what is minimum balance that supose to be in my statement of account?. Thanks
Click this link to read about it:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Skywalker5(m): 10:52am On Dec 06, 2012
chelseabmw: My friend needs help

Has he tried applying to schools in the UK? There are some schools who expect you to have just a degree and maybe few years of experience and they will accept you. He should try even with third class to apply for masters, if he cant get it,he should try post graduate diploma.
In regards to cheap school, i cant say at all. the most important thing is to get a good school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:35am On Dec 06, 2012
Has anybody being helpful to you in this thread? nominate that person here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1119661/nominate-travel-section-poster-year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charlysblink: 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
He should apply for london school of commerce www.lsclondon.co.uk he should send his transcript but he will have to pay school fees .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charlysblink: 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
it was @ Lagos i submitted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnydayasaba(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
What supporting documents can i use when applying for a UK business visa, I already have my invitation letter from the company, My company in co-operated since 2010, I want to go for inspection of good in a UK company, what other documents should i also present.

Help and advice needed pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2012
charlysblink: it was @ Lagos i submitted

Was the renew visa written issued in Lagos or Abuja I just want to confirm if renewal of visa is been handle in Lagos if you submitted in Lagos compare to first time applicants whom applications is been forwarded for processing and issuing in Abuja even if you submitted in Lagos VFS Centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chelseabmw(m): 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sky-walker:

Has he tried applying to schools in the UK? There are some schools who expect you to have just a degree and maybe few years of experience and they will accept you. He should try even with third class to apply for masters, if he cant get it,he should try post graduate diploma.
In regards to cheap school, i cant say at all. the most important thing is to get a good school.

pls can i ve list of the skools?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Skywalker5(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
chelseabmw:

pls can i ve list of the skools?

I cant say which school.Your friend needs to find out which course he wants to do and see the minimum requirement.He will have to check schools websites and find out their minimum requirement I know there are school which accepts third class depending on the course and mayb experience in the field.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chelseabmw(m): 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sky-walker:

I cant say which school.Your friend needs to find out which course he wants to do and see the minimum requirement.He will have to check schools websites and find out their minimum requirement I know there are school which accepts third class depending on the course and mayb experience in the field.

ok i will search for it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rockar: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2012
pls how many weeks does UK visa takes. i wanna go for my brothers wedding on the 29th of dec, and i wanna make the application on 10th which is monday. is it too late? pls i need reply. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:22am On Dec 07, 2012
@jstwise & Vicjustice, Pls, What supporting documents can i use when applying for a UK business visa, I already have my invitation letter from the company, My company is a registered company since 2010,I want to go and inspect some goods in a UK company, As the director of my company, can i use my personal account instead of the companies account and my personal proprieties as evidence of my strong tie to Nigeria even though am going for a business? and which other documents can i also include.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
Best poster(s) in this thread deserve your vote.

https://www.nairaland.com/1119661/nominate-travel-section-poster-year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by okeytimi: 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
pls help me with your advice,i was in uk illegally driving my wife`s car without a license.was arrested and released by an immigration officer after making him understand am willing to return to my country a week after and i did.My wife got her indefinite in 2010 and we got married in october same 2010.While in uk we had a babby girl who will be five this april.I applied for a settlement visa and my application was not granted based on 1 dna for my babby,2my past travel history,3my pending charges.I was granted appeal but somehow my appeal papers was retuned to a lawyer i employed who refuses to contact me untill the 28 day elaps.my wife is now Briish and my babby also,i lived and worked in the middle east and a good employemnt indeed.my wife and baby once visited me based on my contract.I want to attend my daughter`s birhtday in uk can i apply for a family visit visa considering that 2years ago i applied for a settlement visa.i want to avoid the trap of change in intention.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:18pm On Dec 07, 2012
okeytimi: pls help me with your advice,i was in uk illegally driving my wife`s car without a license.was arrested and released by an immigration officer after making him understand am willing to return to my country a week after and i did.My wife got her indefinite in 2010 and we got married in october same 2010.While in uk we had a babby girl who will be five this april.I applied for a settlement visa and my application was not granted based on 1 dna for my babby,[/b]2my past travel history,[b]3my pending charges.[/b]I was granted appeal but somehow my appeal papers was retuned to a lawyer i employed who refuses to contact me untill the 28 day elaps.my wife is now Briish and my babby also,i lived and worked in the middle east and a good employemnt indeed.my wife and baby once visited me based on my contract.I want to attend my daughter`s birhtday in uk [b]can i apply for a family visit visa considering that 2years ago i applied for a settlement visa.i want to avoid the trap of change in intention.

Obviously you will not be granted a family visiting visa.

What DNA and pending charge? Charged for driving without licence? They want you to obtain your child DNA?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by okeytimi: 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
Thanks for you response. Really the Dna is to prove the paternity of my daugther and the chargs has to do with driving with a fake licence.
I had to declare all of this cos they will find out anyway.can you pls also with your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by okeytimi: 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
My reall concern is about intention ,i want you to advice me cos i dont want to remain since i have a better officer here in the middle east and my family could visit based on my status.the issue is my daughet is insisting that i should be at her birtday.pls advice me what can i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
okeytimi: My reall concern is about intention ,i want you to advice me cos i dont want to remain since i have a better officer here in the middle east and my family could visit based on my status.the issue is my daughet is insisting that i should be at her birtday.pls advice me what can i do?
To be honest, the Visa Officer might not consider your "child's birthday" as a compelling reason to visit the UK, it is expected that the birthday could be done in any country, including your residence country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
okeytimi: Thanks for you response. Really the Dna is to prove the paternity of my daugther and the chargs has to do with driving with a fake licence.
I had to declare all of this cos they will find out anyway.can you pls also with your response.

You have issues to clear up, your chances of attending that birth day is -1, they can as well visit you to celebrate it while you use the opportunity to sort things out.

Where you charged for driving with fake driving licence? Did you pay a fine or what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.