Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981139 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
zoomzu: @ Justwise

Your kind advise is humbly solicited. I am about applying for a visiting visa for my wife and our daughter (1yr4months). I earn 100k per month and work with UNESCO affiliated organisation. My wife's sister resides in UK with her husband who has permanent visa to stay in UK, It is her brother In-Law what is inviting my wife and my daughter to celebrate Easter with them. My own role is just to provide their travel tickets, accommodation and feeding would be taken care of by their host. I have in/out flows of transaction in my account. I have a UK based friend that i partner with to buy cars loaded with electronics from UK, this year alone, i had bought 3 cars from UK with the Bill of Laden (BoL) my name and another one to come in before the year runs out. My wife is not working yet, I just want them visit UK for like 2-3 months and visit my friends in UK as well. Please, what is the chances of this application and I also want to ask if these BoLs can also be included in her application to show my business dealing in UK. What are the other documents needed for this application. I graciously await your advise.

Do you pay tax from your business earning?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
@ Justwise, I do not understand the type of tax you're talking about. I do not have a registered company, it is just a partnership between me and my friend who reside in UK and double as a british citizen. We import our goods through Lagos port.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
zoomzu: @ Justwise, I do not understand the type of tax you're talking about. I do not have a registered company, it is just a partnership between me and my friend who reside in UK and double as a british citizen. We import our goods through Lagos port.

If you own a business you got to pay tax from your earnings, the embassy uses your tax clearance certificate to value your business and to judge if it could be used as tie to Nigeria.

If its not registered and you don't pay tax then don't mention it in your visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by okeytimi: 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
Its a good thing to share with you.I will do just that.Will it be a good thing to employ the services of a lawyer agin for the new application cos i intend to copy and paste your last statemnt forward it to him for assistance.I am sharing this cos a lot of pple out there could be suffering the same fate as mine.it is a difficult one but sharing it seems to bring alot relieve after 3 years.Also my wife and baby are now British passport holder will be of any advantage.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
okeytimi: Its a good thing to share with you.I will do just that.Will it be a good thing to employ the services of a lawyer agin for the new application cos i intend to copy and paste your last statemnt forward it to him for assistance.I am sharing this cos a lot of pple out there could be suffering the same fate as mine.it is a difficult one but sharing it seems to bring alot relieve after 3 years.Also my wife and baby are now British passport holder will be of any advantage.?

Believe me when i say this....you do not need a lawyer. My first tribunal appearance was done by me, wrote my appeal statement and post, after 3months i went to immigration tribunal to defend my appeal and i won.

Nobody can tell your story better than you. Lawyers will be happy for the case to drag on because the more the case goes on the more money they make.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rockar: 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
pls i need someone with xperience to answer my question. i finished nysc last year and ever since then, i manage my dads company which he handed to me with a legal doc. the problem is that i made my firt time application today for uk family visiting visa. after i made the application,a friend told me i ought to have included my school cert and nysc cert in the documents i submitted to let them know im a graduate. pls is this necessary for visiting visa? now i am so unhappy cry cos there is no way i can include the documents again cos i already submitted. sad will i be rejected because of this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rockar: 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Pls someone should answer my question ..... sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
justwise:

If you own a business you got to pay tax from your earnings, the embassy uses your tax clearance certificate to value your business and to judge if it could be used as tie to Nigeria.

If its not registered and you don't pay tax then don't mention it in your visa application.

@ Justwise, Thanks a lot, I should just go ahead and file the application using my job status. I will appreciate your kind further on necessary documents to support my wife and daughter's applications as my wife is not working. Her brother Inlaw is taking care of their stay in UK while I provide only the flight tickets and possible sort them like 1k pounds to hold as pocket money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by okeytimi: 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
Really no body can,i now know what to do an will apprecaite your support when the time is near.God will always be at your side.my best Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rockar: 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
Can somebody pls do d favour of answering my question?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
okeytimi: Really no body can,i now know what to do an will apprecaite your support when the time is near.God will always be at your side.my best Regards.

Its all good, will help as much as i can when you are ready
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
zoomzu:

@ Justwise, Thanks a lot, I should just go ahead and file the application using my job status. I will appreciate your kind further on necessary documents to support my wife and daughter's applications as my wife is not working. Her brother Inlaw is taking care of their stay in UK while I provide only the flight tickets and possible sort them like 1k pounds to hold as pocket money.

Your brother inlaw need to give her a lot of documents....prove of adequate accommodation for her and her kid, data page of his passport, payslip/bank statement and letter of invitation.

You need to attach your payslip/bank statement, family pictures, marriage certificate, your kids birth certificate, a consent letter from you (stating that your wife has your consent to take your kid to the UK).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
rockar: pls i need someone with xperience to answer my question. i finished nysc last year and ever since then, i manage my dads company which he handed to me with a legal doc. the problem is that i made my firt time application today for uk family visiting visa. after i made the application,a friend told me i ought to have included my school cert and nysc cert in the documents i submitted to let them know im a graduate. pls is this necessary for visiting visa? now i am so unhappy cry cos there is no way i can include the documents again cos i already submitted. sad will i be rejected because of this?

If you met other requirements then school cert and NYSC does not matter.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rockar: 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
justwise:

Thanks a lot. Guess i will hope for the best now. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rockar: 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
justwise:

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
rockar:

Thanks a lot. Guess i will hope for the best now. Thanks

Sure...that is all you can do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:15am On Dec 11, 2012
okeytimi: @ vicjustice,you sound too positive about your point,but take my word:you will surely be disappointed.
I have seen a worst case than mine and yet got tru. dont scared pple like me.just keep your negativity to your self
It is not in my interest to "scare" you with "negative" news, i was only being honest in telling you the gravity of the situation: it is better to tell you how grave a true situation is than to mislead you to think that all is well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:22am On Dec 11, 2012
rockar: pls i need someone with xperience to answer my question. i finished nysc last year and ever since then, i manage my dads company which he handed to me with a legal doc. the problem is that i made my firt time application today for uk family visiting visa. after i made the application,a friend told me i ought to have included my school cert and nysc cert in the documents i submitted to let them know im a graduate. pls is this necessary for visiting visa? now i am so unhappy cry cos there is no way i can include the documents again cos i already submitted. sad will i be rejected because of this?
Like Justwise had answered, it is not necessary..., even an illiterate can apply for same category visa... But if however you feel you need to include the certificate, you can send it by registered post to them if you know your application reference number which you must enter on the supporting document.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2012
justwise:

Your brother inlaw need to give her a lot of documents....prove of adequate accommodation for her and her kid, data page of his passport, payslip/bank statement and letter of invitation.

You need to attach your payslip/bank statement, family pictures, marriage certificate, your kids birth certificate, a consent letter from you (stating that your wife has your consent to take your kid to the UK).

@ Justwise, thanks a lot, you have answered my question. May God bless you, I will update you as it goes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2012
zoomzu:

@ Justwise, thanks a lot, you have answered my question. May God bless you, I will update you as it goes.

All the very best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gonon: 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
Please, how long does tier 4 student visa take in December?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty0123: 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
Please I want 2 mk enquiry I'm a bristish born by I applied 4 stay cos I'm a nigerian. I applied 4 bristish passport bt I wz nt give nd dey ask me 2 re apply. Pls I wnt 2 knw if I will given d british passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty0123: 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
I want to make an enqiry about sometin. I'm a british citizen I av my birth certificate both small nd long. I applied 4 british passport bt I wz decline nd I wz ask 2 submit my skul certificate,my picture,nd d date I wz born wz 1988. I wnt 2 knw if I will be give d visa. Pls ani bodi 2 pls xplain 2 me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
ty0123: Please I want 2 mk enquiry I'm a bristish born by I applied 4 stay cos I'm a nigerian. I applied 4 bristish passport bt I wz nt give nd dey ask me 2 re apply. Pls I wnt 2 knw if I will given d british passport
ty0123: I want to make an enqiry about sometin. I'm a british citizen I av my birth certificate both small nd long. I applied 4 british passport bt I wz decline nd I wz ask 2 submit my skul certificate,my picture,nd d date I wz born wz 1988. I wnt 2 knw if I will be give d visa. Pls ani bodi 2 pls xplain 2 me.
Why do you have to write in such a rough manner?
By the way, your post doesn't seem to add up, British citizen denied a British passport, what's the story?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
@jstwise & Vicjustice, Pls, What supporting documents can i use when applying for a UK business visa, I already have my invitation letter from the company, My company is a registered company since 2010,I want to go and inspect some goods in a UK company, As the director of my company, can i use my personal account instead of the companies account and my personal proprieties as evidence of my strong tie to Nigeria even though am going for a business? and which other documents can i also include in my application.

Pls i really need your advice on this matter, will really appreciate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
Am also told i need to make hotel booking payment and attach it to documents i will submit even when i don't know if my visa will be issued, Is that adviceable?? Pls i need responses urgently pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by penfold(m): 12:39am On Dec 12, 2012
ty0123: I want to make an enqiry about sometin. I'm a british citizen I av my birth certificate both small nd long. I applied 4 british passport bt I wz decline nd I wz ask 2 submit my skul certificate,my picture,nd d date I wz born wz 1988. I wnt 2 knw if I will be give d visa. Pls ani bodi 2 pls xplain 2 me.

Not only that,they will require your school records till age 10, and proof that you have not lived outside UK for more than 3 months in any given year for the first 10yrs of your life.since 1983,being born in d UK doesnt make you british automatically, so while u might have ur birth certificate,there are still other conditions to be met,one of them is what I just outlined,in my opinion,your application for a British passport is coming 14yrs late,cuz u will have to go to d schools you attended for the first 10yrs of ur life in UK to get the records,you will need a copy of your Red Book for the first 10yrs of ur life etc, If however you did not live in UK continuosly till age 10,then you are not British so you do not qualify for a British passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by okeytimi: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2012
@vicjustice.my bro please accept my unresrved appology. you guys restored hope in me,prior to now i lost hope really but i want to push now.
Thank you for this platform. God bless you all and bless the work of your hand. cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty0123: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
I'm a bristish born by a came 2 Nigeria wen I wz 2yrs. I av my birtsih birth certificate. I applied 4 visa bt I wz nt given wz ask by dem 2 appeal. I appeal wit dose document dey ask me 2 put lyk my school certificate,my passport,my father passport wen he wz in d uk,doctors name nd hospital. Pls I jst wnt 2 knw if I will be given d visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Experts in the House, to buttress further on my initial post directed to Justwise, I am planning to apply for Family Visiting Visa for my wife and our daughter. She's to go on the invitation of her brother in-law for Easter Holiday. I am to sponsor the trip while her brother in-law who own a permanent resident visa is to accommodate them.

Here is my status, I have been with organisation A since for some years where I earn 50k, march last year, I am seconded to Organisation B which is a baby to Organisation A but affiliated to UNESCO on a 2 year contract of 100k per month while I am still retain my responsibilities and position at Organisation A in addition to responsibilities at Organisation B. (1) I own a property with construction ongoing even my wife's name is on the Deed of assignment of the property though we were still dating then now we are married with a kid. (2) I have PFA Statement with Balance of like 200k. (3) Money comes in and out of my account often cos I does buying and selling, the balance as at today is around 120k. (4) I just bought a car of almost 900k about 3 months ago for family use. I have another 2 cars on ground for sale at the moment, I bought them from UK with their BoL's in my name and my Home address.

Now my question, going by what I have as my current account balance, I am sure it is not enough to present but on the issue of avoiding lump sum in my account, these cars could be sold any moment from now and the money goes into my account. What am I supposed to do in terms of an account to present, I do not have a registered coy. Please advise me on how to file this application, list of documents to be filed, they just want to go for Easter holiday before our daughter begin school, she's 1yr4months hold now.

I await your generous opinion.

Thank you all for wonderful job you are doing here and to Seun that provided the platform.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dove30: 11:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hey guys I got my student visa on monday.this is my main concern now and please I would need your ideas and assistance at this point.I would be studying my final year in ba business and marketing level 6.I have a wife and daughter.I want to use this opportunity to bring them to uk.my daughter is only 16months.they really don't mind just spending a month or few weeks with me and then they would come back to nigeria.they don't plan on leaving in the uk but if there is an opportunity for that I can talk them into it.but please what visa route do ytou think would be easy for me to use to get my wife and daughter a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:44am On Dec 13, 2012
dove30: Hey guys I got my student visa on monday.this is my main concern now and please I would need your ideas and assistance at this point.I would be studying my final year in ba business and marketing level 6.I have a wife and daughter.I want to use this opportunity to bring them to uk.my daughter is only 16months.they really don't mind just spending a month or few weeks with me and then they would come back to nigeria.they don't plan on leaving in the uk but if there is an opportunity for that I can talk them into it.but please what visa route do ytou think would be easy for me to use to get my wife and daughter a visa

You can only bring your family with you if you are doing a course at NQF level 7 lasting 12months or above.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.