Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981761 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 2:05am On Jan 14, 2013
adonai36: Hello all, I am currently pregnant in the UK and intend to invite my mum over to witness the delivery and spend some few weeks but I am a little bit skeptical about mentioning pregnancy in the letter of invitation ( as this is perceived to deprive UK citizens of their babysitting job). Is it advisable to just go for Visit/Tourist Visa or invite her based on pregnancy?.I need the option that would stand a better chance.

I think you should try the visit route

is your mum a frequent traveller?

has she been to the UK before?

is she still working or runs a profitable business?

her strong ties to Nigeria should be enough or atleast better than giving the officer many things to think about with pregnancy issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 2:20am On Jan 14, 2013
babybird82:

Thanks Dis guy.

I am a tourist. Destination is London, first timer. Planning to spend just 7 days. I would like A hotel with a total cost of btw 50k and 75k for the 7 nights.
Travel date is most likely mid-march.

Thanks.

hmm I think you would be looking at about £400 for a decent hotel,
you could get cheaper but you'll have to comprise with daily travel expense or
inconvenience travelling to visit family or shopping route
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 7:03am On Jan 14, 2013
Dis Guy:

hmm I think you would be looking at about £400 for a decent hotel,
you could get cheaper but you'll have to comprise with daily travel expense or
inconvenience travelling to visit family or shopping route

Thanks Dis Guy. In terms of proximity to places of interest in London, so its advisable to get a higher priced hotel in London I guess. Well, best I increase my budget then.

Kindly avail me the good ones with a budget of £400 to £450. Shopping routes is my major priority.

Thank you for your time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2013
babybird82:

Thanks Dis Guy. In terms of proximity to places of interest in London, so its advisable to get a higher priced hotel in London I guess. Well, best I increase my budget then.

Kindly avail me the good ones with a budget of £400 to £450. Shopping routes is my major priority.

Thank you for your time.

Try www.travelodge.co.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 11:29am On Jan 14, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Try www.travelodge.co.uk

Thanks Sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
Please the documents needed for making the general visa applications, which ones should i submit the originals and which should i submit just photocopies. How many sets of photocopies is needed? Someone just informed me i need 3 sets.

Here is a list of documents i want to use for the application:

Bank Statements (6 months), mine
Bank statements (6 months), Hubby. He is a co-sponsor
Payslips (6 months) for both of us
Letter of introduction from HR
Leave application form
Letter of confirmation and promotions
Letter of consent from Hubby
Tax clearance card and work ID for both of us
Marriage certificate
Kid's birth certificates
ARM pension statements
Hotel Reservation confirmation
My itinerary for the 7 days stay

Please kindly avail me more documents i might need for the application and documents i listed that are not necessary. Which ones need to be originals and which should just be copies.

I had a refusal in 2006 about lack of evidence of accommodation and anomalies and inconsistencies in bank statements submitted. I appealed and the Judge dismissed it based on the accommodation but allowed the bank statement as authentic.

Do i need to submit a copy of the refusal and also the decision of the Judge?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I just received my tax clearance card today and there was a letter missing in my first name. It was spelt Chiagzie instead of Chiagozie. I hope it wont affect my application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Marvel606: 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
jay bee:
She is a Nigerian so long as you aren't a permanent resident of the UK
So, does that mean if she's endorsed on my passport at the Nigerian embassy in London, i cannot bring her to 9ja and take her back to the UK. Also does my husband that has a 6months tourist visa, qualify to apply as my dependent since I'm a Tier-4 student ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
Marvel606:
So, does that mean if she's endorsed on my passport at the Nigerian embassy in London, i cannot bring her to 9ja and take her back to the UK. Also does my husband that has a 6months tourist visa, qualify to apply as my dependent since I'm a Tier-4 student ?
I'm not qualified to answer your new questions Sir/Ma.
I don't think they allow endorsement of children on passports these days but don't quote me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
Marvel606:

You can take her back to Nigeria obviously she is a Nigerian, contact Nigerian embassy for more details but bring her back to the UK will be an issue, you need to apply for visa for her.

Your husband can apply for dependent visa but from Nigeria.

Read the guildline here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/pbsdependantspolicy1.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/dep-help-text-tier4.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 11:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
UCAS registration is ending tomorrow, 15th January 2013. check to see whether your school requires it and register now.

Though as they said..

Applications received by the above deadlines are guaranteed to be considered by the universities and colleges. Applications received at UCAS after the deadlines, up until 30 June, will only be considered by the universities and colleges if they still have vacancies for the course(s) you have selected.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
babybird82: Please the documents needed for making the general visa applications, which ones should i submit the originals and which should i submit just photocopies. How many sets of photocopies is needed? Someone just informed me i need 3 sets.

Here is a list of documents i want to use for the application:

Bank Statements (6 months), mine
Bank statements (6 months), Hubby. He is a co-sponsor
Payslips (6 months) for both of us
Letter of introduction from HR
Leave application form
Letter of confirmation and promotions
Letter of consent from Hubby
Tax clearance card and work ID for both of us
Marriage certificate
Kid's birth certificates
ARM pension statements
Hotel Reservation confirmation
My itinerary for the 7 days stay

Please kindly avail me more documents i might need for the application and documents i listed that are not necessary. Which ones need to be originals and which should just be copies.

I had a refusal in 2006 about lack of evidence of accommodation and anomalies and inconsistencies in bank statements submitted. I appealed and the Judge dismissed it based on the accommodation but allowed the bank statement as authentic.

Do i need to submit a copy of the refusal and also the decision of the Judge?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I just received my tax clearance card today and there was a letter missing in my first name. It was spelt Chiagzie instead of Chiagozie. I hope it wont affect my application?

HARD DOCUMENTS are documents that carry Security Authentications; or Stamps; or Seals; or Signatures; or apostiles, etc: (For example a Marriage Certificate), such documents must be submitted in their original states. Any other document that does not carry any of the mentioned authentication is allowed to be submitted in photocopied state
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 12:53am On Jan 15, 2013
Vicjustice:
HARD DOCUMENTS are documents that carry Security Authentication; or Stamps; or Seals; or Signatures; or apostiles, etc: (For example a Marriage Certificate), such documents must be submitted in their original states. Any other document that does not carry any of the mentioned authentication is allowed to be submitted in photocopied state

Thanks so much Vicjustice. Its much clearer now.

But is it true I have to run 3 copies oF each document submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:52am On Jan 15, 2013
babybird82:

Thanks so much Vicjustice. Its much clearer now.

But is it true I have to run 3 copies oF each document submitted?
I'm not sure of that, the BDHC can make as much copies as required with their own photocopy machines

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 9:20am On Jan 15, 2013
use http://www.nametrips.com/ for best results search with location and price. choose your date of arrival and departure
I hope this solves your problem.. I use them when I book or arrange for someone
babybird82:

Thank you for your time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 9:22am On Jan 15, 2013
I got my visa on Monday

Keep up the work guys
Sky-walker:

You mean you bought a travel ticket while your passport is still with home office? Wow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 9:25am On Jan 15, 2013
iyke20024: use http://www.nametrips.com/ for best results search with location and price. choose your date of arrival and departure
I hope this solves your problem.. I use them when I book or arrange for someone

Thanks Iyke.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tamica8: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
Is there anyone here that applied for a UK visa before or around 23rd of December?? its 2days over the date of travel on The application form, The Host/ inviter received a phone call from the British Commission about 9days ago regarding the app. the status as of today is still : Application forwarded to the British commission.

Please Advice

@justwise
@vicjustice
@thewholehouse!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
you can always give them a ring/email them.. ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Smooyis(m): 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2013
justwise:

This link will help you http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/requirements/

If you have more question after reading then ask, but whatever you do don't state more than 2wks holiday and don't budget more than half of that 500k
Hi Justwise, what can u say about affidavit of support? Can my spouse get an affidavit of support from someone who earn bigger salary since she does not earn up to 18, 600 pounds? Can dat work? I was told by a friend dat such could b done to take care of d shortfall in her annual salary. Does d UK law allow dat?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Smooyis(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
justwise:

This link will help you http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/requirements/

If you have more question after reading then ask, but whatever you do don't state more than 2wks holiday and don't budget more than half of that 500k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennykale: 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
i want to renew my uk visa..had a 6months visiting visa that expired last year. i want to apply for a 2yrs now...do i need to write any letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sndrmrtns: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2013
[quote author=kennykale]i want to renew my uk visa..had a 6months visiting visa that expired last year. i want to apply for a 2yrs now...do i need to write any letter?

You need to submit same document as you did when you applied for your six month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 16, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ralph2: 11:30am On Jan 16, 2013
i friend intends to apply for UK visa soon,he had earlier applied for visa in 2003 but did not turn up for second interview base on improper documentation.A false age was used then,now he has another passport with his real age,should he claim he has not appeared before since this is about ten years ago?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2013
ralph2: i friend intends to apply for UK visa soon,he had earlier applied for visa in 2003 but did not turn up for second interview base on improper documentation.A false age was used then,now he has another passport with his real age,should he claim he has not appeared before since this is about ten years ago?
Tell your "friend" to ask the question himself, he should know the story better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jenni1108: 12:04am On Jan 17, 2013
Hello to the experts in the house, me and my husband are about to apply for this visa and need some guidance and advice.

I am based in the UK and my husband in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tamica8: 8:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
I received a call from BHC to appear for an interview.. Please what do i need to Go with? (general visitor visa) Please advise!!!!

calebo101:

I applied for a student visa on the 19th Dec and till now it keeps saying ' application forwarded to the british council". I am so worried as well. What can I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tamica8: 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
tamica8:
I received a call from BHC to appear for an interview.. Please what do i need to Go with? (general visitor visa) Please advise!!!!
-----------------------------

Is there anyone here that applied for a UK visa before or around 23rd of December?? its 2days over the date of travel on The application form, The Host/ inviter received a phone call from the British Commission about 9days ago regarding the app. the status as of today is still : Application forwarded to the British commission.

Please Advice

@justwise
@vicjustice
@thewholehouse!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
tamica8: I received a call from BHC to appear for an interview.. Please what do i need to Go with? (general visitor visa) Please advise!!!!

You don't need to go with any additional documents, they will ask you questions base on the info you provided on the application form and the purpose of your travel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.