Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982657 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
My Uk business application is taking longer than usual. I applied on the 13th, of December, 2012..

Still no feedback online when tracking...

They said it takes 3 weeks.. I guess that is 15 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 7:16am On Jan 08, 2013
Dear iyke20024,

please can you put me tru on the application process. step by step method of goin about it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sfatoki: 10:53am On Jan 08, 2013
I'm still expectind the BHC to contact cos I have to wait for 8-12 weeks, I believe it won't get to that before they contact me. Stay positive u will get ur visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by isabeth: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
Please am to this forum I need yr candid advice.

I applied for UK family visit last year 2012 but was denied due to my customary marriage certificate and tenancy agreement not up to date,applied the second time with a letter from the customary court where the traditional marriage is conducted and a letter from my lawyer with another updated tenancy agreement from my husband in uk who is a EU citizen ,I was denie again based on
In your application you state that you will stay for three weeks with your husband who u married on 10/1/12,you have submitted a certificate and a letter stating that u went through a traditional marriage with your husband.you have submitted a number of photographs of your wedding ceremony.these were taken on d same day and do not show that you and your husband had any relationship prior to then or have had any relationship since.I note that yr husband arrived in Nigeria on 11/12/2011 and returned to the UK on 12/01/2012 .this been only two days after the ceremony.you have submitted a statement of account from zenith bank in your name and covering the period 20/1/2012 to 18/7/2012.this shows that during this period your husband made a single transfer of funds to u,this been #135,00(£531 at 254/£)that was sent on 13/6/12,some five months after you married and a short time prior to an application you made for UK visa,that was refused 4/7/12.while it is accepted that traditional marriage are recognized in Nigeria,I am not satisfied that your purpose of travel is for a family visit,and am therefore not satisfied that u r seeking a genuine visit and that you intend to leave d UK at d end of ur visit.41(i) and (ii).
We filed for appeal through my husband's lawyer in UK and we r send a notice that our appeal as been received Sept 19,and was send another letter that we have oral hearing,we should pay £140 that was Nov3,we received a payment notification that day that our payment was successful,but on the 3rd January 2013,we received a call from our lawyer that our apeal as been cancelled because the appeal was submitted late.
1)Please is there still hope on the appeal because we have paid £140 for hearing.
2) the lawyer advise we should put in for family permit
Is the two refusals not going to affect our settlement visa.
NOTE- the #135,000 mentioned in my refusal letter is the ticket my husband send to me which is noted fiy application form ,my husband send me money local bereau de change.
Pls I need yr advice.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chizyb: 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
pls i intend travelling to the UK on d 14th jan, am looking for accomodation not for free anyway.
can anyone help me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MrsBam: 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
chizyb: pls i intend travelling to the UK on d 14th jan, am looking for accomodation not for free anyway.

HEY CHECK gumtree.co.uk you should be abe to find sum advert up there for short term accomodation.Good luck with that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tinyboy: 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
Please guys! Am new to this forum. I have travelled to UK several times (5x) on a visiting visa and presently having valid 5yrs visa. I work and live in Lagos. Am married and have a boy 1yr 5months. My wife is presently doing her NYSC and i want to apply for both wife and boy to visit my brother (Citizen) in the UK in March. Pls advice me further on this application. thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
[size=8pt]Dear chizyb

please can you put me tru on the application process. step by step method of goin about it
[size=8pt]
[/size][/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
chizyb: pls i intend travelling to the UK on d 14th jan, am looking for accomodation not for free anyway.

Have a check at the Travel Lodge website, there are lots of cheap offers going on. For eg, a room at Travel Lodge Hotel at London City Airport goes for £25 a night on 13th Jan, £29 on 14/15 Jan and £46 on 16/17 Jan.

Alternatively staying at Travel Lodge Hotel at Croydon or Crystal Palace would cost you £44 and £42 a night respectively from 14th January. At least you won't be inconveniencing any family during your stay in London, lol.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
tinyboy: Please guys! Am new to this forum. I have travelled to UK several times (5x) on a visiting visa and presently having valid 5yrs visa. I work and live in Lagos. Am married and have a boy 1yr 5months. My wife is presently doing her NYSC and i want to apply for both wife and boy to visit my brother (Citizen) in the UK in March. Pls advice me further on this application. thank you.

Just make the application the same way you obtained your Visit Visa (Family). Letter of invitation, proof of residence in UK/ tenancy agreements/Payslips; purpose of visit, proof that they would be returning back to Nigeria , etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
Well...

Check this link and download the useful document you need.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/business/
http://www.ukvac-ng.com/applicationcentre.html

Read this thread from the begining you ill sure get some point.

also check the link on the reason why so many Nigerians are denied visa.

stone2x: Dear iyke20024,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by YomiFash86(m): 7:20am On Jan 09, 2013
isabeth: Please am to this forum I need yr candid advice.

I applied for UK family visit last year 2012 but was denied due to my customary marriage certificate and tenancy agreement not up to date,applied the second time with a letter from the customary court where the traditional marriage is conducted and a letter from my lawyer with another updated tenancy agreement from my husband in uk who is a EU citizen ,I was denie again based on
In your application you state that you will stay for three weeks with your husband who u married on 10/1/12,you have submitted a certificate and a letter stating that u went through a traditional marriage with your husband.you have submitted a number of photographs of your wedding ceremony.these were taken on d same day and do not show that you and your husband had any relationship prior to then or have had any relationship since.I note that yr husband arrived in Nigeria on 11/12/2011 and returned to the UK on 12/01/2012 .this been only two days after the ceremony.you have submitted a statement of account from zenith bank in your name and covering the period 20/1/2012 to 18/7/2012.this shows that during this period your husband made a single transfer of funds to u,this been #135,00(£531 at 254/£)that was sent on 13/6/12,some five months after you married and a short time prior to an application you made for UK visa,that was refused 4/7/12.while it is accepted that traditional marriage are recognized in Nigeria,I am not satisfied that your purpose of travel is for a family visit,and am therefore not satisfied that u r seeking a genuine visit and that you intend to leave d UK at d end of ur visit.41(i) and (ii).
We filed for appeal through my husband's lawyer in UK and we r send a notice that our appeal as been received Sept 19,and was send another letter that we have oral hearing,we should pay £140 that was Nov3,we received a payment notification that day that our payment was successful,but on the 3rd January 2013,we received a call from our lawyer that our apeal as been cancelled because the appeal was submitted late.
1)Please is there still hope on the appeal because we have paid £140 for hearing.
NOTE- the #135,000 mentioned in my refusal letter is the ticket my husband send to me which is noted fiy application form ,my husband send me money local bereau de change.
Pls I need yr advice.
Thanks.

I am sorry to hear about your denial. In order to address this issues, it is better and faster to apply as a spouse of an EU citizen rather than applying for visiting visa from the onset, however, the onus of proof is on you and your husband regarding your marriage and its subsistence. Both of your need strong evidence of commumication and transfer of fund. You need to make adequate preparation in terms of documentation and the annual salary of your husband which must be £18,600 and above. I wish you success !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2013
isabeth: Please am to this forum I need yr candid advice.

Pls I need yr advice.
Thanks.

How will an immigration lawyer not know that late submission is basically waste of money? When you are refused a visa and given right to appeal the time limit to send your appeal is clearly stated.

Anyway, the two refusal will not affect your spouse visa application as long as you did not withhold any info about those two refusals.

Take note of YomiFash86 about applying for spouse visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hello Justwise,

Please i intend to apply for a tourist visa with 2 bank statements, one is my salary account and the other is my savings account. The only problem is that my savings account was opened on August 1 2012 and is not up to 6 months old, about 5 months plus while the salary account is over 6 months old.

Is this going to pose any problems as i intend to apply next week and the savings account will be 6 months on the 31st of January.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
LondonCool:

Have a check at the Travel Lodge website, there are lots of cheap offers going on. For eg, a room at Travel Lodge Hotel at London City Airport goes for £25 a night on 13th Jan, £29 on 14/15 Jan and £46 on 16/17 Jan.

Alternatively staying at Travel Lodge Hotel at Croydon or Crystal Palace would cost you £44 and £42 a night respectively from 14th January. At least you won't be inconveniencing any family during your stay in London, lol.

there are a lot of hotels in west london-bayswater area that are cheap and good.
check lily hostel,bayswater hotel,grand central, etc.
you can get them for like 40 to 50 pounds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
babybird82: Hello Justwise,

Please i intend to apply for a tourist visa with 2 bank statements, one is my salary account and the other is my savings account. The only problem is that my savings account was opened on August 1 2012 and is not up to 6 months old, about 5 months plus while the salary account is over 6 months old.

Is this going to pose any problems as i intend to apply next week and the savings account will be 6 months on the 31st of January.

Thank you.

Do you have enough for the trip in your salary account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
hello Justwise...i am lawyer but working wit a company..i intend to travel to d UK for a week's holiday with my wife and two kids...my wife is a final yr student in a university so am d one sponsoring the trip..ive got two life insurance policies,undeveloped property in lagos,salary acct wit abt 2m..,former payslip was 280k gross but new job 470k gross..have a tax card wit d former company not one yet wit d new one(extent of tax returns becoming an issue)..we all first travellers..both kids below 3yrs in playgroup class..have a sista i want to stay wit but not a citizen so wont bring her into d picture...want to apply latest february ending so we cld travel during Easter...pls how do u advise i go abt it and what re my chances..do u also have an idea of tickets cost and reasonable hotel costs as neccessary?..i appreciate ur response to people's enquires..any other person can although advise me even i wrote 'hello justwise'..tanx all..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
justwise:

Do you have enough for the trip in your salary account?

No I don't, the bulk of the money/transactions is in my savings account. I will also be using my hubby's salary acct statement as he is a co-sponsor for my trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
...i 4got to ask whether there was a recommended minimum balance i wld need to have in acct b4 i drop d application..still awaiting ur suggestions..tanx guys..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
babybird82:

No I don't, the bulk of the money/transactions is in my savings account. I will also be using my hubby's salary acct statement as he is a co-sponsor for my trip.

Why not wait for that account to clock 6months since the bulk of the money is there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
chris.a:
...i 4got to ask whether there was a recommended minimum balance i wld need to have in acct b4 i drop d application..still awaiting ur suggestions..tanx guys..

That will depend on your travel budget.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
justwise:

That will depend on your travel budget.
..tanx 4d reply here but u didnt reply to my initila quare?..d original question i mean?..also am budgeting like 500k..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
justwise:

Why not wait for that account to clock 6months since the bulk of the money is there?

Thanks Justwise. Will wait and apply 1st week in feb then. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
chris.a:
hello Justwise...i am lawyer but working wit a company..i intend to travel to d UK for a week's holiday with my wife and two kids...my wife is a final yr student in a university so am d one sponsoring the trip..ive got two life insurance policies,undeveloped property in lagos,salary acct wit abt 2m..,former payslip was 280k gross but new job 470k gross..have a tax card wit d former company not one yet wit d new one(extent of tax returns becoming an issue)..we all first travellers..both kids below 3yrs in playgroup class..have a sista i want to stay wit but not a citizen so wont bring her into d picture...want to apply latest february ending so we cld travel during Easter...pls how do u advise i go abt it and what re my chances..do u also have an idea of tickets cost and reasonable hotel costs as neccessary?..i appreciate ur response to people's enquires..any other person can although advise me even i wrote 'hello justwise'..tanx all..

If you are employed by a company then you don't need to present any tax certificate, the company pays the tax and not you. If you decided not to bring your sister into it then you have to make hotel reservation for the whole family.

You have to calculate how much the whole trip will cost the whole family..from flight to hotel, transport within London, feeding... multiple the amount to the number of days you tend to stay, that will give you the idea of how much you should have in your account.

YouR budget should not go above half of all your total income because you need to have something to fall back at after the family trip to the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
..thanx Justwise....hope d fact dt my wife aint working or producing a bank statement wont b an issue..2ndly what reasons can i give for the visit and how do i back up those reasons..its just a visit so i can 'dis virgin' all our passports..want to get d documentation right cos am a novice abt all these..just a week..i hope d abt 2million should 'look like' to cover all d expenses..pls tolerate my ignorance a little..i dont know it all..many tanx again..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
..and based on all i have written dt i will produce so far..plus my pension and health insurance documents..what do u think are my chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 10, 2013
Please house, is highly skilled migrant visa still available in the UK and what are the criteria to apply for it and the duration of processing? Your humble opinion is highly needed..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2013
Please house, is highly skilled migrant visa still available in the UK and what are the criteria to apply for it and the duration of processing? Your humble opinion is highly needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:35am On Jan 10, 2013
chris.a:
..thanx Justwise....hope d fact dt my wife aint working or producing a bank statement wont b an issue..2ndly what reasons can i give for the visit and how do i back up those reasons..its just a visit so i can 'dis virgin' all our passports..want to get d documentation right cos am a novice abt all these..just a week..i hope d abt 2million should 'look like' to cover all d expenses..pls tolerate my ignorance a little..i dont know it all..many tanx again..

Your wife not working will not be an issue as long as you can afford the holiday have enough left in Nigeria to fall back on after the trip.

There is no other reason other than family holiday but you have to take your time to make a list of places you tend to visit with your family, look for a hotel suitable for family, you also have to write a mini-budget list about the trip, stating how much you tend to spend and on what.

Your application package will include your family pictures, kids birth certificates,marriage certificate, your pension documents, insurance, employment, leave letter...etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:40am On Jan 10, 2013
fados4sure: Please house, is highly skilled migrant visa still available in the UK and what are the criteria to apply for it and the duration of processing? Your humble opinion is highly needed.

You will get all the info needed here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
justwise:

You will get all the info needed here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/
Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.