Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982430 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
..thanks man for the advice..am truelly grateful..i wil go wit d holiday excuse even tho as a memeber of an international body,i planned applying to attend one of our conferences in London and travel along wit d whole family just as an excuse..either of d excuses dt is best..holiday or conference..will keep u posted of my final action and documentation b4 i drop my application with them..thanks again for your time..u tried opening a full consultancy sometime?..ie if u dont have one already..uve got a lot of resource at ur finger tips...tc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
chris.a:
..thanks man for the advice..am truelly grateful..i wil go wit d holiday excuse even tho as a memeber of an international body,i planned applying to attend one of our conferences in London and travel along wit d whole family just as an excuse..either of d excuses dt is best..holiday or conference..will keep u posted of my final action and documentation b4 i drop my application with them..thanks again for your time..u tried opening a full consultancy sometime?..ie if u dont have one already..uve got a lot of resource at ur finger tips...tc.

grin grin...haven't really thought about that.

Take your time to gather as much document as possible, feel free to ask questions here if you got hooked at the progress. All the very best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
fados4sure:
Thank you sir

When you opened that link there are a lot of options all with different requirements, go through them and see if you are qualified for any. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
Is there anyon here that applied for a UK visa before or around 13th of December, but has collected their passport back. I have a flight next week but my passport is still with: Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission

@justwise, Anynews about this delay.. Its over 15 working days. I submitted on December, 13th 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
iyke20024: Is there anyon here that applied for a UK visa before or around 13th of December, but has collected their passport back. I have a flight next week but my passport is still with: Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission

@justwise, Anynews about this delay.. Its over 15 working days. I submitted on December, 13th 2012

What type of visa did you apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Skywalker5(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
iyke20024: Is there anyon here that applied for a UK visa before or around 13th of December, but has collected their passport back. I have a flight next week but my passport is still with: Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission

You mean you bought a travel ticket while your passport is still with home office? Wow

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 5:52am On Jan 11, 2013
Am actually still looking for univ....already got admission in a UK Uni but just wanna keep searching for others.

Do you guys know any US univ. (Texas) that offers B.ENG in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I haven't even found one single one, all i found were
B.S electrical engineering.

Again, what of anyone for UK that is low cost. The UK univs i found are really costly. Am looking at London, ipswich or close by london. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tinyboy: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
tinyboy: Please guys! Am new to this forum. I have travelled to UK several times (5x) on a visiting visa and presently having valid 5yrs visa. I work and live in Lagos. Am married and have a boy 1yr 5months. My wife is presently doing her NYSC and i want to apply for both wife and boy to visit my brother (Citizen) in the UK in March. Pls advice me further on this application. thank you.
LondonCool:

Just make the application the same way you obtained your Visit Visa (Family). Letter of invitation, proof of residence in UK/ tenancy agreements/Payslips; purpose of visit, proof that they would be returning back to Nigeria , etc

Thank you very much for your response. I overheard someone that Corpers can not travel during their NYSC service. Is it true? My wife is presently serving in a secondary school assigned by the State. she can get letters (leave or permission) from the school authorities and her NYSC Co-ordinator. I just want to be sure before I process their applications. I will be the sponsor and their welfare will be handled by the host (My brother). No doubt about all necessary documents. Everybody bears the same surname. I will appreciate your quick response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
tinyboy:

Thank you very much for your response. I overheard someone that Corpers can not travel during their NYSC service. Is it true? ]My wife is presently serving in a secondary school assigned by the State. she can get letters (leave or permission) from the school authorities and her NYSC Co-ordinator. I just want to be sure before I process their applications. I will be the sponsor and their welfare will be handled by the host (My brother). No doubt about all necessary documents. Everybody bears the same surname. I will appreciate your quick response.

That is true, i don't think a letter from her employer will work, but she can still try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Marvel606: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2013
Can i get info on what my baby would get as a status in the UK, since she was born there couple of weeks ago and i currently hold a 2yr student visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Marvel606: Can i get info on what my baby would get as a status in the UK, since she was born there couple of weeks ago and i currently hold a 2yr student visa ?
She is a Nigerian so long as you aren't a permanent resident of the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
spikes C: Am actually still looking for univ....already got admission in a UK Uni but just wanna keep searching for others.

Do you guys know any US univ. (Texas) that offers B.ENG in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I haven't even found one single one, all i found were

Again, what of anyone for UK that is low cost. The UK univs i found are really costly. Am looking at London, ipswich or close by london. Thanks
UCL,Kings College, Imperial college, Queen mary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
jay bee:

Bros U harsh o angry shocked. Dude asked of low cost Unis and U r reeling out this heavy weights....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
jay bee:

chai, you want kill me shocked shocked shocked

I already got admission to UEL, 9,900, but am still seraching for more low cost ones.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
@justwise, I applied for a business visa. No news till now.

justwise:

What type of visa did you apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
I dont know why most of you guys still want to spend so much money to study in the uk. Why not try Germany, at least they dont have so much immigration changes that affect immigrant. Secondly, its almost free. Thirdly.. you will learn new language.

Anyway..if you are not bent on london.. or england.. you can try queens university in Belfast, NI, UK. Nice place. no hassles and still in the UK.
spikes C: Am actually still looking for univ....already got admission in a UK Uni but just wanna keep searching for others.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 6:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
iyke20024: I dont know why most of you guys still want to spend so much money to study in the uk. Why not try Germany, at least they dont have so much immigration changes that affect immigrant. Secondly, its almost free. Thirdly.. you will learn new language.

Anyway..if you are not bent on london.. or england.. you can try queens university in Belfast, NI, UK. Nice place. no hassles and still in the UK.

yeah, i heard germany too. i'll start some research on them. Hope its cheaper than US.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 6:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Bros U harsh o angry shocked. Dude asked of low cost Unis and U r reeling out this heavy weights....
Low cost uni for an international student?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
spikes C:

chai, you want kill me shocked shocked shocked

I already got admission to UEL, 9,900, but am still seraching for more low cost ones.
bone am kia kia
i'm actually going to advice someone as soon as i leave work on this same course at this same uni. UEL isn't even on the league table when it comes to elect/elect.

BTW: what do you want to specialize in?
You can either specialize in robotics, control, power or electronics and the uni isn't at the fore-front of research in any of these fields.
Trust me getting an engineering job with an elect/elect degree from UEL is almost impossible.
If you going to spend all that money to study engineering then please give yourself a chance of getting a job.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
jay bee:
bone am kia kia
i'm actually going to advice someone as soon as i leave work on this same course at this same uni. UEL isn't even on the league table when it comes to elect/elect.

BTW: what do you want to specialize in?
You can either specialize in robotics, control, power or electronics and the uni isn't at the fore-front of research in any of these fields.
Trust me getting an engineering job with an elect/elect degree from UEL is almost impossible.
If you going to spend all that money to study engineering then please give yourself a chance of getting a job.

I don die na be that. But with ya experience, do you know any other school in Uk (london,ipswich and nearby) that is very good in EEE that is atleast a bit around 10,000.

Intend Specializing in electronics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
Southampton is not far from london and they rank pretty high

You can consider london city uni

What's the main reason behind wanting to study in london/ipswich? Surely studying outside london is going to be cheaper once the total cost is aggregated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2013
jay bee: Southampton is not far from london and they rank pretty high

You can consider london city uni
What's the main reason behind wanting to study in london/ipswich? Surely studying outside london is going to be cheaper once the total cost is aggregated.

well, my brother told me to look for there in particular. He's actually in ipswich but did his MA in UEL. Ok, don't be offended, can you give me a list of cities i should search with, i'll really appreciate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 8:41pm On Jan 11, 2013
spikes C:

well, my brother told me to look for there in particular. He's actually in ipswich but did his MA in UEL. Ok, don't be offended, can you give me a list of cities i should search with, i'll really appreciate it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-engineering-electronic-electrical-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
jay bee:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-engineering-electronic-electrical-

After some researches, i got this list.

University of Essex
Loughborough University
University of East London

University of Greenwich
University of West London
University of Derby

I would take the first 3 in it's particular order
The last 3 is not actually organised in a any order, can't really get references to them.
Remember that i've already gotten admitted in the bolded.

I'll really appreciate it if you can comment on this list. Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
Try essex or loughborough

Essex is highly rated in elect/elect and Loughborough has nuff links with the engineering industry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
Please which areas close to London can one get affordable hotels. Going tru booking.com and kind of confused as to which hotel to book.

I saw some average and affordable hotels within my budget but seems far away from London. What do I need to know before booking a hotel because I wouldn't want to be denied based on inadequate accomodation or location of hotel, I am traveling alone.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
jay bee: Try essex or loughborough

Essex is highly rated in elect/elect and Loughborough has nuff links with the engineering industry

ok, thanks very much man. really appreciate it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
babybird82: Please which areas close to London can one get affordable hotels. Going tru booking.com and kind of confused as to which hotel to book.

I saw some average and affordable hotels within my budget but seems far away from London. What do I need to know before booking a hotel because I wouldn't want to be denied based on inadequate accomodation or location of hotel, I am traveling alone.

Thanks.

Are you a student or tourist?

where's you final destination?

What's your budget

there are affordable hotels in London too if you book early and avoid high season
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
Deleola

Hello pple, pls I need your help/advice on this. I am presently a batchA corper due for passing out on the 14th of Feb. I want to quiclky apply for a UK visa before I pass out. My brother's friend is sending the letter of invite. I already got my letter of identication from my state co-ordinator which was addressed to the british high commission. My brother's friend will be responsible for my accomodation,feeding n every. He is a british citizen and he owns the house he is staying. The school principal already gave me a leave leta wit effect from 27-10th of feb. I want to kno. What oda documents I will need to submit alongside n if I stand a chance.thank u

Erm why don't you just wait ? your chances are very slimg considering you are doing your nysc, you will be passing out next month so the rush why the rush?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
Dis Guy:

Are you a student or tourist?

where's you final destination?

What's your budget

there are affordable hotels in London too if you book early and avoid high season

Thanks Dis guy.

I am a tourist. Destination is London, first timer. Planning to spend just 7 days. I would like A hotel with a total cost of btw 50k and 75k for the 7 nights.
Travel date is most likely mid-march.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adonai36: 10:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
Hello all, I am currently pregnant in the UK and intend to invite my mum over to witness the delivery and spend some few weeks but I am a little bit skeptical about mentioning pregnancy in the letter of invitation ( as this is perceived to deprive UK citizens of their babysitting job). Is it advisable to just go for Visit/Tourist Visa or invite her based on pregnancy?.I need the option that would stand a better chance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:54am On Jan 14, 2013
adonai36: Hello all, I am currently pregnant in the UK and intend to invite my mum over to witness the delivery and spend some few weeks but I am a little bit skeptical about mentioning pregnancy in the letter of invitation ( as this is perceived to deprive UK citizens of their babysitting job). Is it advisable to just go for Visit/Tourist Visa or invite her based on pregnancy?.I need the option that would stand a better chance.
A mother desiring to visit her daughter is enough reason to apply for a visa, so i don't see any reason to give details of your pregnancy: that would be irrelevant.
Besides, there is a high chance that she would be refused the visa (on suspicion that she may overstay her visa) if you make them understand that she would be given the obligation of minding your baby in the UK

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.