Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Campus Blues. . . . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Campus Blues. . . . (107615 Views)

Five Signs A Girl Is Falling In Love With You On Campus. / Beware Of Dating Kenyan Girls On And Off Campus / Photo Of The Day: Valentine Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hello all.  smiley
This is the beginning part of a romance tale set in a University enviroment. I want to keep it as real as possible, but at the same time, I want to keep it clean because of my moral beliefs. Thus, while you will be exposed to a lot of stuffs that typically don't appear in typical romance stories, you won't be reading any thing amoral here.

At the end of each update, you will be asked a couple of questions which you should please provide answers to. . . .thanx smiley

I will also like to get to know your various opinions about the story!

[size=15pt]This work is an original, and is copyrighted, 2011![/size]
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2011
It was a night in the month of May. TJ and his friends sat at the ‘Mai Shayi’s joint, warming their hands over hot mugs of tea. The night was chillingly cold, courtesy of a heavy rainfall earlier that afternoon. Clouds of cold vapour wafted out of their mouths as they spoke in hushed tones.

‘I swear the chick was coming out of Dr Musa’s office late in the night, Enabo explained, blinking furiously as he swigged his steaming tea. I wasn’t told; I saw it with my two eyes. I feel sorry for Roger. The guy’s whipped! He’s the only one who doesn’t know she’s been hopping all over town’!

The other guys laughed raucously, warm in the enclave of the ‘Mai Shayi’s shed. It wasn’t a shed so to say. It was a simple house, with electricity, music playing and also very clean too.

‘His woman, his problem’, TJ rationalized as the ‘Mai Shayi’ placed hot plates of Indomie and Suya on the table in front of them. TJ was tall and lean; his dark complexion set off by his bright smile and his dark hair shaved near his scalp. He wasn't conventionally handsome, but he had a ruggedness and mien that girls found attractive.

Guys, una no chow? He asked.
They picked up their plates and started eating hungrily, nodding in content as their sense of taste was assaulted by the spicy deliciousness of the delicacy.

As they bantered, a girl walked into the joint and sat alone by a table. The ‘Shayi man’ went to her and the guys could hear her voice as she ordered for a flask of very hot tea, handing over a stainless flask to the man.

See them! Enabo exclaimed bitterly, gesturing in her direction. She no fit cook! I swear, I no fit marry all these campus girls. When I'm ready, I’m going to my village to look for a fifteen year old that I will groom and grow with. No single wife material to be found in this effed up place!

Enabo (who courtesy of too many cans of beer and energy drinks had grown a moderate paunch) had grown disillusioned with women after his girlfriend (who was ahead of him in school) had graduated and gotten married to someone else. Though his friends were secretly in support of the girl's decision (since Enabo wasn't even halfway through with school yet), they never showed it to him either in words or actions. Every one except Enabo had known the 'relationship' was a temporary one.

The girl he'd referred to looked over at them, and looked away. It was very obvious she had heard Enabo.

The moment she looked over, TJ had a clear view of her face and he was momentarily dumbstruck by what he saw. She was chocolate in colour, with clear skin and wide cat like eyes. He wondered if she was waiting for someone. Then on an impulse, he decided to try his luck.

Guys, I’m going in, TJ announced to his friends, picking up his plate and drink and walking to her table before his friends could respond.
Her head was bent over the table and she was fiddling with something in her hands. ‘Probably a BB’, he thought in his mind. He put on his best, charming smile.
Hi, may I sit with you?

‘The place is not mine, so whatever’, she answered, not even glancing up.
Feeling his friends’ eyes boring into his back, he pulled a chair and sat down.
So what is a beautiful girl like you, doing in a place like this? He asked, switching on the charm. He immediately regretted his choice of words though, too cliched for his liking.

I thought you guys had gotten the answer. I can’t cook. So I’m here to get myself some tea. . .she answered and rolled her eyes.
He was thrown off balance with her answer and he tried to look for a suitable reply but found non.

The ‘Shayi’ man came with the flask and she gave him some naira notes. Then looking at him squarely, she told him; don’t you people have better things to do than to come here and start saying things you know nothing about?

Before he could reply, she got up and walked out of the place. He went back to his friends, greeted with raucous laughter over the fact that he hadn’t even gotten her number!

Guy, you no try at all, Enabo admonished. Common digit, mba! You no even resemble me!!
She didn’t stay long enough for us to strike a conversation and moreover, she overheard what you said, TJ replied, pushing away the now lukewarm plate of Indomie in sudden disgust as his appetite left him.
*************************************************************************************

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hmm!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by pendo89(f): 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2011
just read.pretty interesting.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2011
The very next day, TJ saw her in the Coca Cola garden as he drove in to get some snacks. She was sitting on one of the stone benches staring blankly ahead, a small frown marring the perfection of her pretty face. She looked a little bit worried, and he couldn't help pulling up a little distance away. Moreover, he had to make up for his failure the previous night.

Hi, he said as he walked up to her. She stared blankly at him.
“We met last night, remember? At the hot tea joint. . . .
Oh, she replied coldly.

Are you waiting for someone? He asked.
Yep, for some of my friends. They are in a lecture room though. For the next two hours.
So you’re just gonna sit here waiting for two hours? How about getting some lunch with me? He asked, flashing his signature, disarming smile. Gosh, she was even more beautiful in daylight! Her skin shone with health and vitality, her hair was black and lustrous packed in a tight bun at the nape of her neck. She was in a hug and light blue jean. Her small feet encased in sneakers. . . .
She looked at him again, this time looking him straight in the eyes and then looking past him to glance at his parked BMW. He smiled within himself. Even if she wasn’t swayed by his good looks, his BMW looked enticing enough.
Can you do me a favor? She asked suddenly.
Sure, anything for you, he answered.

For a moment, her face had the semblance of wanting to break into a smile. Then she became serious again.
Do you have a jacket in your car and if you do, can you lend me?
That was the last request he’d expected and he was taken aback. But he walked briskly to his car and got out his jacket. He came back and handed it over to her, his face registering his surprise.
I hope you don’t mind, she asked. I have to tie this around my waist. . . .
He looked at her incredulously.

I’m stained, she informed him, her face a mix of shyness, embarrassment and shame.
OH!!! He exclaimed. He felt his face turn red. Nope, I don’t mind in the least, it’s all yours.
She stood up and tied the jacket, which in turn emphasized the smallness of her waist. Glancing at the stone bench, she got a wedge of tissue paper from her bag, moistened it with water from a plastic bottle in her bag and swiped the bench briskly with it. He watched mesmerized as she wrapped the tissue in a fresh wad and threw it in a waste basket nearby.

Disgusting, isn’t it? She asked as she walked back to him. I wouldn’t blame you if you’re ticked off right now. I mean, who does that to a total stranger? I’m so embarrassed!
Hey, it’s ok. Accidents happen. I guess it comes with being human, he pacified.
She picked her bag. Well, guys don’t have accidents, she exclaimed! I mean you guys don’t have to go through embarrassing situations like we females do. . . .
He smiled in his mind. Well, her person was making him have ‘an accident’ right now, but she didn’t have to know about that. . . .
Thanks a lot for your help and for being so nice about every thing, she told him solemnly. How do I get this back to you? She gestured at the jacket.
I can come and get it, he answered. Just give me your number.

Okay, she answered, calling the number out for him as he saved it on his BB. Her name was Tega.
He felt a sudden reluctance to let her out of his sight.
I could drop you, you know, he offered.

Thanks, but you have done enough for today. My friends were in lecture, I could have been stuck here for hours.

Ok, then. If you say so. By the way, I’m Tunji. My friends call me TJ.

She looked at him again with that small smile. ‘I’ll walk. See you around, Tunji!'

He watched her as she walked off. He felt strange seeing his favorite jacket tied around a girl’s waist. There was something very intimate about that. He also felt other feelings he couldn’t really decipher. But he felt glad that providence had gotten him a way of breaking the ice with the girl, so soon after his first failed attempt. Things were going well indeed!!
He whistled gaily as he went to get some snacks.

********************************************************************************************************************
So, if you're a lady reading this:
1. Have you ever gone through an embarrassing menstrual situation before ( a no/yes answer would suffice).
2. Assuming you were in the same position, would you ask a total stranger for help in this way?

For the guys:
1. What would you think of Tega if you were TJ?
2. What would you have done in his shoes?

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by seedord247(m): 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2011
Grab My Google, sit down on the Couch, Grab a cigret and budlight . .
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
Too short. More updates, please.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
Are you a writer? Damn!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Kslib(m): 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2011
Couldn't read it,but i know it will be interesting!I must definately read it later.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2011
Thanks so much @ everyone who read and left a comment. smiley

@killz
it's a hobby. . . .

But nobody answered my questions! sad
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Yorisb: 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2011
*Loading. . .* angry

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2011
Yes I've been in a situation like that before,I didn't even know I was stained till someone tapped me on my back,I turned and he whispered"sorry just wanted to tell you,you are stained" I felt like vanishing,he had no jacket so(lol) anyways I use style carry my bag cover the thing and he drove me home,of course he gave me a handkerchief to place on the bag before sitting on his car seat,we are still friends till date.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by pendo89(f): 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2011
lola i must commend you. you are a great writer,that's talent and u can make a good blogger.
now t ur questions
1. mmh cant seem to recall any so its no.
2.Definately, after all its nothing unusual.I would only ask a guy if there are no ladies in the vicinity.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2011
1. Pretty, but forms too much! Her fall will be greater than that of Jericho! cheesy
2. Give her space! When she don tire, we go relate! wink Taking things nice and slow has not killed anyone yet! cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2011
@Pendo
Thanks alot, you're far too kind! You're one of the lucky few not to have had a menstrual mishap! smiley

@cocoa
Wow, nice and touching story! I do know how that feels.
It happened to me when I was in my white-white on camp. Then because 'it' came, it also stopped me from going on endurance trek which still pains me! angry

@Yorisb
For the second time today, hope no problem

@killz
welldone oh! So instead of helping a damsel in distress, you will demand your pound of flesh, abi?
angry
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2011
1. Tega is a kool babe from the parts you have just nairated

2. I'ld ve done same thing TJ did atleast it will give me a sure pass of being her friend.

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2011

@ Lola
. . . That's after giving her the Jacket! grin grin grin I go carry am reach house sef! No Lele! cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Woke4all(m): 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2011
cool cool cool cool
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by seedord247(m): 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2011
I don dey wait for this. . . I Nor say one person go get the experience . .  Oh My Gosh . . .

Even if dem talk of person wey don F uck death man before . . . she go get that experience  grin grin
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2011
lola continnue na, i want to read something meaningful for once on NL
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by seedord247(m): 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2011
mashnino:

lola continnue na, i want to read something meaningful for once on NL

You never read am for 12th reply abi . . . say he later carry am go home the next day and they are still frnds till naw. cheesy grin
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
seedord247:

You never read am for 12th reply abi . . . say he later carry am go home the next day and they are still frnds till naw. cheesy grin

U dey find her trouble bah, cheesy cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by seedord247(m): 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2011
mashnino:

U dey find her trouble bah, cheesy cheesy

Bros i nor mention name ooooo . . . since you are curios about the ending of the movie . . . I just say make i help you out.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by IZUKWU(m): 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2011
The lady is cool and courageous and i would have helped in any way i can.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Mcleo007(m): 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2011
Nice read. To Ur questions, I would have done same if I was in Tj's shoes.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by 195(f): 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2011
If sex isnt involved then im not interested

I wanna know all the details even to how the dude pulled lola's pant

everything - leave no info out angry angry
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
sexkillz must have an experience of menstrual mishap to share. . .am pretty sure about that undecided
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
lola.luv:

@Pendo
Thanks alot, you're far too kind! You're one of the lucky few not to have had a menstrual mishap! smiley

@cocoa
Wow, nice and touching story! I do know how that feels.
It happened to me when I was in my white-white on camp. Then because 'it' came, it also stopped me from going on endurance trek which still pains me! angry

@Yorisb
For the second time today, hope no problem

@killz
welldone oh! So instead of helping a damsel in distress, you will demand your pound of flesh, abi?
angry
okay. quite nice writing. Feels kinda cool to read this from a lady.
Meanwhile, thought to inform you this will be moved to the section where it belongs. . .probably will

2 Likes

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^^
Thank you very plenty. But, its a romantic story. Can't it fit in here with my peeps in the romance section?  embarassed embarassed smiley
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^No, it can't fit in here. Sorry, baby. . .it's going, going,. . . .gone! angry
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 11:59pm On Dec 15, 2011
Okay, if you say so. . . cry cry

@Mcleo007 and @ Izukwu
Thanks very plenty!!  smiley

@190
You are not serious o!! shocked shocked
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2011
Tega lay in bed, thinking of what had happened in the afternoon. Gosh, why is it that bad occurrences just seem to seek her out?
‘I mean, who the heck gets stained at this level? That shiit is so secondary school’. She mused silently. Who knows, maybe Tunji was gisting his friends right at this moment, having a good laugh at her expense! She’d probably never hear from him again, not that she even wanted to see him anyway. He probably wouldn’t want the jacket back!

It wasn’t really her fault, she kept the dates and she knew when to expect her monthly visitor. But she had been really stressed lately, which had probably brought on an early onset. One moment, she had been feeling cool and funky. The next, she felt the familiar deluge and she had to confine herself to a bench until Tunji of all people had to come to her aid!
Tunji. Of course, she knew him. Who didn’t? He was easily the most popular guy on campus, very intelligent, but with a reputation of being an incorrigible ladies man.

She sighed again. She wondered if she could ever look him squarely in the eye.
What’s wrong with you, Zare, her friend and flatmate, asked with a puzzled expression. You’ve been so quiet!
Do I talk so much? Tega deflected.
No you don't. But today, it’s obvious something is wrong! You’ve been sighing, hissing and what not. Jor oh!
Tega smiled at the Yoruba cliche. Zare was from Katsina and had the Fulani-blooded looks to go with it. She had obviously been learning some new words from her.

As Tega made to answer, her phone started ringing.
Y’ello, she answered.
It’s Tunji. Just wanted to see how you were doing? Hope you’re cool and all?
Yes I am and thanks so much for your kind gesture this afternoon. I’m sorry if you found it embarrassing in any way!
Tega noted that Zare was listening to the conversation in open interest. She turned and faced the wall.
Nope, it wasn’t in the least. I was glad to have being in a position to help. So what are you up to, tonight?
Just resting my weary limbs. . . .She answered.
Ok. Just wanted to check on you. Will give you a call tomorrow.
He dropped before she could answer. She stared at the dead phone for a minute, then  turned to face her friend whom she knew would be waiting to get the gist.
So who’s that, Zare queried.
A friend, Tega answered.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Handsome Groomsman At A Jos Wedding That Got People Talking / I Unintentionally Exposed My Girlfriend / Yes I'm Ugly, I'm Rocking My Ugliness - Nigerian Lady (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.