Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

Campus Blues. . . . - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Campus Blues. . . . (108334 Views)

Five Signs A Girl Is Falling In Love With You On Campus. / Beware Of Dating Kenyan Girls On And Off Campus / Photo Of The Day: Valentine Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by kaykaybaba(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2011
*subscribing*

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by chinnyonwu(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2011
lola.luv:

Enabo brought in the pot of spaghetti and meatballs from the miniscule kitchen, which he placed on the newspaper he had earlier spread on the rug. Even though it was Tj’s place, his friends sure knew how to make themselves feel at home. Chuks and MD quickly dropped the P.S pads they were holding to get forks from the kitchen.

TJ peered inside the pot and shook his head. The spaghetti looked too glossy to be for real. He was sure some raw vegetable oil had been added after cooking, it wasn’t something out of the jurisdiction of Enabo. The other guys got back with their forks and congregated round the steaming pot, dipping and lifting out huge chunks of spaghetti.

TJ had no intention of joining them. They were experts in eating hot food and that was their strategy in keeping him away after raiding his own kitchen and cooking his own food. If it wasn’t about hot and half cooked food, it would be about Enabo adding weed to the food. There was always one issue or the other with food cooked by them. As a result, he rarely ate with them!

He had on a light, pink shirt, dark pink tie and grey slacks. He had managed to ask Tega out on a date (well, to be sincere, he’d only told her he wanted to come and see her). He was normally more of a casual dresser, but something about Tega made him want to dress to impress.
As he wore one of his patent leather shoes, Enabo glanced at him incredulously.

'Ol boy eh, see this guy o! If person see am for outside, dem go think say na one better interview im dey go. Dem no know say na woman im wan take am deceive! Shuooooo'! They guffawed in merry laughter, mouths filled spaghetti. 
You guys are not serious.
He picked his car keys and left the room.

†ђξ scenario looks like ABU. Ur in Samaru innit?
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Meklex(m): 8:15am On Dec 17, 2011
lola u got game, nice tory, oya knack us more oh
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2011
@every one.

Thanks so much for the support.  smiley

@chinnyonwu
shocked
It's something that could happen in any Uni. Is that what you guys do in ABU?  wink
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by chinnyonwu(m): 9:35am On Dec 17, 2011
^^^Mai shayi, , coke garden , StuFf
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 9:47am On Dec 17, 2011
When he got to Tega’s place, he adjusted his tie and gave her a call that he was outside. She came out and he couldn't resist staring at her as she walked down to the car. She was in masculine knee length camo shorts and a t-shirt. He felt a small stab of jealousy as he wondered if it belonged to a boyfriend. She opened the door of the car and got in front. She was holding his jacket.

Whats up, he greeted, trying not to look down at her legs. So he looked every where except at her.
Hi, she smiled. She twisted to drop the jacket in the back seat and he smelt a brief whiff of her perfume. He cleared his throat.

That's a nice shirt, she complimented. Are you just getting back from an occasion or something?
Well, well. I…em. Not really. Would you like to get some lunch with me or something? He quickly added.
I’m not particularly hungry, she answered. I just had some food. Are you hungry?
I’m famished, he affirmed.
Well, she answered. Why don’t you come on in and get a bite? It’s the least I can do after all you did for me. . . .
Hey! No, wouldn’t want to inconvenience you, he answered.

Nah! You’re not doing that. Except if you don’t like beans and plantain which is what I made, she said firmly.
He had no choice. It was one of his favorite and it had been a while he last ate the home cooked version. He tried making it sometimes but, it always ended up been half done, no matter how long he boiled it.
He locked up and followed her to the self contained she shared with three other girls.
This is Zare, my flatmate and friend, she introduced. The other two aren’t around for now. After exchanging pleasantries, he sat on the only chair he could see and looked round the quaint room. They had piled their student mattresses together to make a wider one. It looked very neat and well kept.
Nice room, he complimented.
Thank you, it's not a lot but at least it's ok. We had to get it when we couldn't secure accommodation.
He watched her out of the corner of his eyes as she walked down to the kitchen. She came back with a tray of food. It looked very inviting and when he tasted it, it didn’t disappoint.

‘Hey, this is really nice’, he complimented.

Really? And just so you know, I didn’t buy it from a food vendor, she joked.
He guffawed. I guess I owe you apologies on behalf of my friends.
She shrugged. Well, I don’t really mind. They don’t know me. Wouldn’t let stuff like that bug me. . . .
He watched her as she spoke.

Gosh, she was lovely. Her face was glowing and make up free. Her hair was packed in a tight bun and he felt like pulling it loose and running his fingers through it. His fingers twitched. He decided to look away from her face in order to break the spell she was inadvertently casting on him. Instead, he found his eyes drawn to her silky smooth legs. He quickly looked into his food.

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2011
chinnyonwu:

^^^Mai shayi, , coke garden ,  StuFf

Mai Shayi's are found almost anywhere and relaxation gardens in most campuses. You try small wink
But I'm not saying the Uni I'm at cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by chinnyonwu(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2011
^^^
Aye! Aye ! Captain!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2011
Is there anything wrong? She queried.
Hmmmn? he questioned, looking up.
You’ve been frowning into your food. Did it by any means offend you?

Nope, he replied laughing. I was just thinking about some stuff. So tell me about yourself!

As they talked, he found out quite a few things about her. She was in her third year at the University, a student of Fine Art. After eating, he looked at some of her artistic works. He was very, very impressed. And admiration was just the least of what he was feeling...

Zare was amused as she watched them clandestinely. Hmmmmn. Maybe someone finally liked a guy. Finally!

When TJ had finally gone and Tega back to the room from seeing him off, Zare turned to her friend.
Interesting, she said, nodding her head in amusement, her eyes twinkling in merry mischief.
What is? Tega asked as she reclined on the mattress, though she had a pretty good idea of what Zare was going to say.
You and TJ na.
What about me and him?

Hmmmmn. Well, sha. I don’t blame you. He’s good looking and…

Bone that o. He’s a new friend I made and moreover, I am not searching!

Don’t worry about you not searching. He’ll do the searching! Zare laughed. I could….

Before she could finish the sentence, the door was flung open and Dami burst into the room, carrying two big shopping bags and tottering dangerously on high heels. She had her phone clutched in her fist and her designer bag in the other.
Hey girls, she trilled. She flopped on her mattress, dropping the two bags by her feet on the rug and her handbag on the bed. She was a tall, slim and lithe with a light complexion greatly helped by her expensive cream.

Dami, what’s with the disappearing act? Tega queried. You don’t even tell us you’re not going to spend the night here, you just disappear! And if we don’t call you, you don’t deem it fit to call and tell us. You know that we’re accountable to everyone because we stay together, right? Same with Joy too, she disappeared!

No vex, abeg. How I for do, na. My Oga was wouldn't let me leave. Gosh, I’m so tired! Fagged out is more like the word. Chai, love will not kill me oooh….

Tega switched off her mind from the conversation. She wasn’t really interested in what she knew Dami was about saying. She found her mind wandering to Tunji for the umpteenth time. It wasn't a secret that he was tops in his class (even though he wasn't a 'jack o meter') and he was handsome too. She wondered if he liked her in a romantic way as Zare had claimed. She couldn’t imagine a guy like him being single. Maybe he was just being nice….
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 10:06am On Dec 17, 2011
Good morning,sweet lola,you kept me waiting yesterday but I forgive you,keep it coming dearie.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:07am On Dec 17, 2011
^^^
Goodmorning to you, delicious cocoa!  wink
Sorry about that. Please make do with the small one I just posted. smiley
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 10:16am On Dec 17, 2011
^
Alright dear.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2011
I af not slept since dat day oooo, i am stil waiting
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by okooloyun1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2011
Ooh my gosh!@ Lola luv your write-up is too yummmmy!!
To your question,a lady had once asked for my jacket when i asked what she needed it for,she paused for a while and said bring your ears and whispered, u know, hmm oooh, yes! am on. it took some time for me to actually decode the message when she noticed that i did'nt get it,she kept pointing to her waist, she was sitting on a wooden bench alone and she did'nt want to stand up in order not to get noticed because the place was a bit rowdy and she wore a light blue 3quarter shorts when i got the message i unbutton my jacket gave it to her and she tied it around her waist and she brought out a face towel clean the spot where she sat with it and put it back in her handbag.since then, have promised myself never to dip my hands in ladies handbag if not asked to,imaging you touching the wet stuff.she thanked me and left running to her hostel,the next day she came to my class thanked me for coming to her aid and pleaded that she did'nt come with the jacket the reason being that she washed it and it has'nt dry when she finally came with the jacket she said she loved the jacket and asked where she could get it,i told her to keep it she said no that she would love to pay for it i just shook my head,the next day, she came to class wearing my jacket gave me some amount of money.mennh! I collected it,though it's not up to the amount i bought it but it's better than just dashing it out to her because am not really into her the reason being that she is a lousy type,too short in height with a rugged face full of pimples her bossom are as big as baby pillow her bakkasi is better imagine than said.Lola luv am waiting for your next update.

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Olumogun: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2011
TJ's action was what a "gentleman" should do to help a FINE lady

i will do that again & again
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2011
oko-oloyun:

To your question,a lady had once asked for my jacket when i asked what she needed it for,she paused for a while and said bring your ears and whispered, u know, hmm oooh, yes! am on. it took some time for me to actually decode the message when she noticed that i did'nt get it,she kept pointing to her waist, she was sitting on a wooden bench alone and she did'nt want to stand up in order not to get noticed because the place was a bit rowdy and she wore a light blue 3quarter shorts when i got the message i unbutton my jacket gave it to her and she tied it around her waist and she brought out a face towel clean the spot where she sat with it and put it back in her handbag.since then, have promised myself never to dip my hands in ladies handbag if not asked to,imaging you touching the wet stuff.she thanked me and left running to her hostel,the next day she came to my class thanked me for coming to her aid and pleaded that she did'nt come with the jacket the reason being that she washed it and it has'nt dry when she finally came with the jacket she said she loved the jacket and asked where she could get it,i told her to keep it she said no that she would love to pay for it i just shook my head,the next day, she came to class wearing my jacket gave me some amount of money.mennh! I collected it,though it's not up to the amount i bought it but it's better than just dashing it out to her because am not really into her the reason being that she is a lousy type,too short in height with a rugged face full of pimples her bossom are as big as baby pillow her bakkasi is better imagine than said.Lola luv am waiting for your next update.

See your story sef
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2011
see y'all in a couple of days. . .t'was a very busy day, really tired at the moment, can't type sad
so so so sorry embarassed

oko-oloyun:

shocked shocked
Talk of art imitating reality. Sauer, hope u read this. . . .
my tale is not so far fetched after all cool cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2011
lola u re not trying oo, this is the only topic dat makes sense oo
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2011
^^^
Sorry dear. I was really really busy throughout today. Please, a little patience. I really need my beauty sleep this night! smiley
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 10:40pm On Dec 18, 2011
Lola you just dey give person long throat,I go vex o.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2011
ok,
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2011
^
thanx cheesy

@coco
Oya, sorry now!
Will be back in a better, stronger way. Promise!
I just need to rest for today, abeg! smiley
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2011
ehen and abeg drop like 5 or 6 episodes ooo
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2011
I will try my best wink
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 18, 2011
lola.luv:

Talk of art imitating reality. Sauer, hope u read this. . . .
my tale is not so far fetched after all cool cheesy cool
Figured I'd see this while reading the little story. Okay. I accepted long before this. Remember? I bet you happy now smiley
Anywayz, the story is turning romantic by the word. Not bad. . .quite nice too. I'll follow it a bit more. If it turns too romantic however, I'd have to pleasantly take my exit (no offience, lady lola). It'll just turn out not my type. sad
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 12:56am On Dec 19, 2011
^^
wink
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 1:05am On Dec 19, 2011
Babe, whats up? Tega was shaken from her reverie. It was Dami tickling her lightly on the waist. I heard TJ was here? As in, came to check on you?
Oh! Yeah, Tunji was here earlier, she answered, trying to make it sound boring so the topic could be dropped. No success however.
Dami shrieked and gave Zare a high five; she then turned back to Tega. ‘So tell me, when are you 'greeing' for the guy, na!’
What do you mean?

I mean, when are you saying 'yes' to him. No dulling o. That guy has deep pockets; I learnt he spends for his girls a lot. Not like all this "small small" boys!
Listen to yourself, Tega replied in a chilly voice. Are you advising me to go for someone who has “girls” as opposed to “just a girl”?

Dami however, was undeterred as she continued: See this one o, abeg, leave matter for Matthias. Once you’re being taken care of financially, who gives an eff if he’s effing all the girls in school? Get a leg in first of all, and then you’ll deal with your other rivals! Abi how you see am, Zare?
Dami turned to Zare for support but she was busy giggling, so she turned back to Tega again.
Look, girl. You really need….
She was cut off by the ringing of her phone. She quickly picked.

‘Hello, Baby. I’m ok…I’m in the room…no, I came back immediately…no, I didn’t switch off….I’m serious, no, I didn’t. I’m not lying. Zare and Tega are here….’
Dami listened for a bit before extending the phone to Zare. ‘It’s Carl’
Zare spoke to him for a bit and bid him bye, then extended the phone to Tega. Tega collected the phone with an inward grimace. She and Carl were not really the best of friends.
Hello, Carl.
Hi. How are you?
I’m fine. Thank you.
So what are you girls up to?

Tega thought she could detect a sneer in his voice but she wasn't too sure.
We were just gisting. Girls stuff, you know, she replied.
Hmmmn. Not planning to attend any wild parties, I hope? Because you ladies when left alone can get up to all sorts of things.
Tega felt anger rising up in her chest. Her grip tightened on the phone.

I have to go now, she managed to say sweetly. Bye. She handed the phone back to the owner.

What is wrong with the guy? Did she look like his girlfriend or something? Wild party? What nonsense! As she got up from the mattress and walked to the kitchen to start with the dishes, she heard Dami explaining something to Carl earnestly. She felt anger rushing thickly through her veins. Who has the time to start mollycoddling grown arze guys and calling them ‘baby’?  Certainly not me! She muttered silently.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 1:06am On Dec 19, 2011
*************************************************************************************
It was a bright, yet partly chilly day. Tega dug her hands deep into her jacket pockets as she alighted from the Taxi. She’d run out of some of her drawing pencils and she needed some putty too. She had a project, an assignment in the studio which she urgently needed to complete for submission. The lecturer had just announced that he’d be getting the assignment on the morrow and she had been dilly-dallying for weeks, not knowing that submission would turn out to be so soon!

As she hurried into the bookshop, she almost collided with TJ. She smiled, unconsciously pleased to see him.
Whats up? What are you doing here? She asked, surprised to see him at the bookshop.
Hello, Tega. Came to get some things, he answered somewhat coldly. Are you going back to school? He asked.
Yep, just spare me a minute. She rushed into the shop, while he unlocked and waited for her in the car.

As they started driving back to school, it occurred to her that he hadn’t been too enthusiastic in his greeting. What was going on? Last time they'd seen, everything went well! What had happened between then and now?

There was an oppressive silence in the car as he drove. She was uncomfortable. She sneaked a side look at him. He had put on dark sun glasses, effectively hiding his eyes behind them. What was wrong with guys? She wondered. Why put on dark shades when you were in your car and not under the sun?
In order to break the silence, she sighed. These lecturers, I’m so tired of their behavior!
What about them? He asked.
Can you believe, one of them just came and asked us to submit an assignment tomorrow. I was like; you’ve got to be kidding me! Why not give us prior warning? What do they think we are? Robots??

He kept silent, a small frown on his face. As the short trip back to school progressed, she made small talk and tried to involve him, but he grunted short answers. Discouraged, she finally decided to keep quiet.
When he parked in front of the studio, she thanked him and attempted to open the door. He placed a restraining hand on her shoulder . . . she turned to look at him and he removed the dark sunglasses.
I know I haven’t been good company this afternoon, Tega. …
No, she told him brightly. There’s no problem. She shrugged off his hand and made to open the door again.
Look, Tega. I’m sorry, he said.
You're sorry. For what? Have you done anything to me?
I had an issue with one of my lecturers this afternoon. It’s giving me concern, I've been running things through my mind, trying to see how I can contain damages.
What happened, she asked. He hesitated.
It’s really nothing! He answered.
She looked at him incredulously. Do you even consider me a friend? This thing is bugging you so much and you want to fob me off with a “it’s really nothing”?
Looking at her, he was tempted to laugh. Especially as she repeated “it’s really nothing” in a masculine voice. But he kept a straight face.

Ok. Don’t nag off my ears, he conceded. Here’s the deal. I was supposed to have a PowerPoint presentation today and I picked off my system from a friend this morning. In class, I switch it on and guess what comes on the screen….

You mean the screen of your lappy? She queried.
No. On the projecting screen on the wall, for the whole class including the Lecturer.
What?
Well, a not-so-nice picture, he explained sheepishly. Kinda dirty. My friend changed my wallpaper and the lecturer didn't seem too pleased with what he saw!

She stared at him for a moment as if she wanted to knock some sense into his head and she didn’t look like she believed that it was his friend that was responsible for the gaffe. He shifted uncomfortably under her scrutiny.

Which lecturer was in class, she asked at last.
There’s this man we call Engine, do you know him?
I know him. You are really over your head in this, she informed him, shaking her head. Of all people, Engine is the worst class you chose to have something like that happen to you! He's a man of high morals. . .I know him. He attends my church too!

Yeah, I know. About the moral aspect, I mean. He walked me out of class. I don’t know if he’s going to allow me re-present another time, TJ confided, letting out a deep breath of frustration. And hey, I'm a man of high morals too, he added, looking straight into her eyes.

She snorted in disbelief. What's my own? She asked. How is it my business?
Well, I'm getting these vibes from you like you think I was careless or I was the owner of the implicating picture!
Does it matter what I think? She asked. . . .
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 1:30am On Dec 19, 2011
A Pornographic movie I guess. grin
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 1:35am On Dec 19, 2011
freecocoa:

A Pornographic movie I guess. grin

same thing running through my mind too

@cocoa are u hausa??
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 1:37am On Dec 19, 2011
^
Hahaha.but that's what its likely to be.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 1:38am On Dec 19, 2011
mashnino:

@cocoa are u hausa??
ka na jin hausa?
Yeah I'm partially hausa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Nude Photo Of Martin Khafafa Bathing With 2 Ladies After Sex Leaks Online / I Unintentionally Exposed My Girlfriend / Ibadan Woman Dies During Sex Romp With Lover Who Drank 'Man Power'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.