Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Campus Blues. . . . - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Campus Blues. . . . (107696 Views)

Five Signs A Girl Is Falling In Love With You On Campus. / Beware Of Dating Kenyan Girls On And Off Campus / Photo Of The Day: Valentine Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2011
***************************************************************************************************************
I’m having dinner with Tunji, Tega informed her friends after she dropped the call. Dami was painting her toes a deep, blood red and Zare was flipping through some magazines. Joy (finally back after a few days of disappearance) and Adams (her boyfriend) were on the far side of the bed near the wall. Tega glanced at them coldly, wrinkling her nose in distaste as she spied Adams whispering into Joy’s ears, while she giggled intermittently in response.

‘Doesn’t he have anything better to do’, she mouthed silently to Zare, pointing clandestinely at the couple. Zare rolled her eyes and glanced up, her hands drawn together in silent prayer.

Whenever Adams was around, to leave, BIG PROBLEM! If any of the girls wanted to get dressed, they had to go into the kitchen or bathroom with their clothes, having grown tired of telling him to ‘excuse me, Adams’. He never had the foresight to do it without being asked. Tega had been tempted to tell him off a couple of times about the discomfort he caused the rest of the roommates with his pesky presence, but not to be disrespectful, she had talked to Joy instead. Joy had proceeded to pout and act coldly towards her for two days thereafter, so she’d given up on the hope of grabbing back some much needed privacy from Adams and instead hoped things would taper off somehow. However, it seemed she had to wait for the world to end before something like that would happen!

Dami looked up for a moment; ‘Please, bring takeaway when you’re coming, o’! Thank God say na better person you dey comot with! She eyed Joy and Adams, who oblivious to the implied slur, continued with their whispered gist.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2011
So I’ll now beg him to buy me takeaway after eating? Abegi, I nor fit! Tega exclaimed, selecting a knee length, royal blue dress from the wardrobe and exiting to the kitchen with it.

If she’d known these were the things that were going to come up in her bid to stay with others, she’d have tried to get a place she could afford alone, she fumed silently. She knew deep in her heart though, that it was impossible. Her parents would never have agreed to her staying alone. But it sure felt good to bristle and imagine that she’d had the choice of staying alone!

But how was she to know things like this would crop up? People disappearing for days. Sit-tight boyfriends that overstayed their welcome; boyfriends acting like four girls staying alone equaled trouble and runs…damn, was she tired!

The four of them had stayed together in the same hostel in the previous year and had become fast friends. They’d subsequently planned to secure the self-contain together. Staying together, however, was a whole new ball game. . . .
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
She slid the dress over her head and went back to the room where she got her hooped earrings and clipped them on. She selected a gold-plated bracelet and her gold-coloured sandals from the wardrobe. She just fixed her hair in a pony tail earlier that day. Light makeup and a slight spray of perfume completed the look.

Hmmmn, you look good for someone who’s just going for a casual dinner, Dami commented. Trying to impress a certain fine boy called Tunji, abi?
Which of the Tunjis are you talking about? Adams asked suddenly.

How many do you know? Zare asked rudely, her mouth tight with annoyance.

He wasn’t talking to you, Zare, Joy spat, springing to the defense of her man.

At that moment, Tega heard the honk of a car at the frontage, peeped and confirmed it was Tunji, so she bade her friends, ‘bye’.

As she walked out of the gates and towards him, TJ watched her. The dress fit her to perfection and he could espy the smallness of her waist. The colour was the perfect set off for her brown complexion and she looked breathtakingly beautiful in her simplicity. When she got in the car, he found his senses assailed with her soft perfume. It wouldn’t do to let it show just how much she affected him though.

New hairdo? He asked flippantly.

Yep! She answered, tossing her head. Like it?

Like one hypnotized, he couldn’t help himself; couldn’t resist running his fingers through the glossy softness. She stiffened in response and turned to look at him questioningly. He snatched his hand away and quickly searched his mind for a way to lighten the mood.

‘Suits you, but I think a poor horse somewhere misses its tail….’His voice sounded gruff even to his own ears, but he hoped she didn’t notice. He was relieved when she burst out laughing and smacked him lightly on the right shoulder.

That stings, he complained playfully, rubbing it.

Good, she answered smugly. Perhaps you will remember the sting next time you want to ‘yab’ me. What else do you want me to use for my hair, your moustache?

They both laughed. He felt light and free. “Engine” troubles, re-presentations and feverish calculations seemed light years away from him. Gosh, he wanted…NEEDED a girl like this in his life! Even though she’d attracted him the first time with her looks, he was getting attracted by the hour with her person. He liked who she was turning out to be the more he got to know her, and he liked what people had to say about her person. Better Enabo tease him about her having ‘zero sex life’, than her being viewed as a swinging door that every Tom, Joystick and Harry could waltz through. Yes, she suited him just the way she was!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2011
Lola darling,good to see you,thought you were already in the village.

I can swear that "Adam" is my roomate's boyfriend and thank God seun is will not be your editor cos he'll have many people confused at the "tom,joystick and harry" phrase. grin
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
hmmmm, yummy
someone has gat talent
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2011
@Sauer
Are you there? smiley
I'm wondering if I can post a link of this story in the Literature section?
What do you think?

@all
Thank you so much for reading and leaving your various comments. smiley

@Coco
Hey there! smiley
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2011
Hey back at you lola dear.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by pedestal82(m): 10:43pm On Dec 23, 2011
@lola.luv, wow! Pure work of art. No bleeping and u still able to capture nairaland audience. More ink to ur pen.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2011
@lola

D website is alwais on i don't know what's actually wrong, some people can't also access d site i dnt knw who d fault is from though,

about the pics i will do 3 more and when you are ready to see dem i will make dem available to you and you take your choice,

for the mean time lemme post the new episodes on my own site,
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by razznaija(f): 12:06am On Dec 24, 2011

I'm currently reading this with a bucket of popcorn in my hands. Thanks Lola, this is way better than watching a movie.

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2011
Anoda image, jez to show you i am a fan,

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by IbroSaunks(m): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2011
something spontaneous and unexpected needs to happen,
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Funkymallam(m): 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2011
@freecocoa. U v not seen anytin sef, some ladies are worst. I remember my days in sch, my roomie's gurl will come, she will stay for hrs till late @ nyt, nxt passs d nyt. Thinking it was bad enuf, she will end up staying for days. Gosh! Hated that feeling.

@Op. Gr8 job u r doing, keep it up.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 12:00am On Dec 25, 2011
my Brother believe me,my roomy's BF(though EX now) is worst,atleast your own was a girl,in my case this guy doesn't just stay without leaving,he sleeps over sometimes and that means I'll have to sleep on the rug,some days sef I go out to sleep in a neighbor's room,any day I vex and refuse to go,all I'll keep hearing are some kind funny noise and moans,the most annoying thing is that this dude eats our food with reckless abandon yet he doesn't even reciprocate to his girl not me sef,walahi if I decide to write wetin I suffer for that boy hand eh,na novel e go turn,I'm just happy they are not together anymore cos the guy was an azz.
Funkymallam:

@freecocoa. U v not seen anytin sef, some ladies are worst. I remember my days in sch, my roomie's gurl will come, she will stay for hrs till late @ nyt, nxt passs d nyt. Thinking it was bad enuf, she will end up staying for days. Gosh! Hated that feeling.

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 12:59am On Dec 25, 2011
^^^

dat guy is a badt guy, ki zo YIM mana,
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Funkymallam(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2011
freecocoa:

my Brother believe me,my roomy's BF(though EX now) is worst,atleast your own was a girl,in my case this guy doesn't just stay without leaving,he sleeps over sometimes and that means I'll have to sleep on the rug,some days sef I go out to sleep in a neighbor's room,any day I vex and refuse to go,all I'll keep hearing are some kind funny noise and moans,the most annoying thing is that this dude eats our food with reckless abandon yet he doesn't even reciprocate to his girl not me sef,walahi if I decide to write wetin I suffer for that boy hand eh,na novel e go turn,I'm just happy they are not together anymore cos the guy was an azz.

Kai! I give up, u suffer sha. For a guy passing d nyt in a gf's house that v a roomie n d roomie s around, thats d height of irresponsibility. Then enjoying both local n natural 'food', untop ya head, dat one na madness.
Where ur roomie see dat kind guy na?
Sure u v to seek alternative place to sllep, if u really want to sleep, unless ur want headache with dos useless sounds.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2011
Funkymallam:

Kai! I give up, u suffer sha. For a guy passing d nyt in a gf's house that v a roomie n d roomie s around, thats d height of irresponsibility. Then enjoying both local n natural 'food', untop ya head, dat one na madness.
Where your roomie see dat kind guy na?
Sure u v to seek alternative place to sllep, if u really want to sleep, unless your want headache with dos useless sounds.
My dear my roomy was supposedly in love,she's a typical example of the saying"love is blind" but in her own case love was also very stuppid,I really don't know what she saw in the dude,she did practically everything for him,it was just as if they were married with her as the husband and him a lazy and irresponsible gold digger of a wife,I preached and talked to her to quit till I almost lost my voice,her eyes cleared when we caught him with another girl(we both went to my family house and she left her keys with him)we came back to school earlier than supposed cos we heard about a test that was fixed,on getting to our lodge I brought out my key to open the door but it was locked from the inside,I didn't even know she gave him her key sef,I was surprised and she then told me that it was her BF inside,I said nothing and knocked,he opened the door and almost fainted on seeing us,he just stood there blocking the entrance,I was like "comot for road na" the next thing was a voice from our room saying"baby I'm through"the rest is better left to your imagination,no be small thing that day sha. That was how his chapter closed o,na speed I use burn that matress buy another one,the dude was really an ARSE.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2011
lol, am loving this thread, stories are now flowing from every corner
lola, if u lyk no come back again, we now have authors who are droping interesting life experiences
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2011
^
grin cheesy Abi o,experience wey person dey gather for university no be small thing o, she'll be back soon though,Merry xmas to you,I'm sure like 2 chickens don dey buried for your belle by now.

mashnino:

^^^

dat guy is a badt guy, ki zo YIM mana,
Aboki na,ina jiran ka a YIM nyanzu.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by mashnino(m): 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^^^

guy dats true ooo, i have read like 3 life experiences here oo
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Funkymallam(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2011
freecocoa:

My dear my roomy was supposedly in love,she's a typical example of the saying"love is blind" but in her own case love was also very stuppid,I really don't know what she saw in the dude,she did practically everything for him,it was just as if they were married with her as the husband and him a lazy and irresponsible gold digger of a wife,I preached and talked to her to quit till I almost lost my voice,her eyes cleared when we caught him with another girl(we both went to my family house and she left her keys with him)we came back to school earlier than supposed cos we heard about a test that was fixed,on getting to our lodge I brought out my key to open the door but it was locked from the inside,I didn't even know she gave him her key sef,I was surprised and she then told me that it was her BF inside,I said nothing and knocked,he opened the door and almost fainted on seeing us,he just stood there blocking the entrance,I was like "comot for road na" the next thing was a voice from our room saying"baby I'm through"the rest is better left to your imagination,no be small thing that day sha. That was how his chapter closed o,na speed I use burn that matress buy another one,the dude was really an ARSE.

chei! Dat guy na real movie actor abi na producer sef cheesy
He was literally eating his cake and still having it grin grin grin grin grin
Make dat ur roommate no fall in 'lust' again o, e no favour am embarassed
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Funkymallam(m): 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2011
@all of u reading n enjoying pplls life xperiences, make una share una own small na cheesy since op they sentence some chicken, just for d charge of being old enuf on xmas day grin grin grin grin grin

Those ppl go make pesin turn refugee for im own house embarassed
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Sijo01(f): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmm,
Ima luving diz tori oo.

Op, gud jab.
kip it up!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Idowuogbo(f): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
cocoalario so na hia una dey ,dey expose our campus parole.kai i hope our aristos aint reading sha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lola mehnn i came late sumarrize for Bado abeg tongue
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Mr9ndhalf: 12:34pm On Dec 30, 2011
Ah ah, Lola hw far updates na?,
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2012
Watch this space, coz we're back in business baybay!! cheesy cheesy

Will post an update tomorrow by His Grace! smiley
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by IbroSaunks(m): 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2012
lola.luv:

Watch this space, coz we're back in business baybay!! cheesy cheesy

Will post an update tomorrow by His Grace! smiley
grin grin grin , what happened before, shey na effect of fuel subsidy ? cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2012
It was a mixture of plenty things o, including subsidy. cheesy cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Shanay(f): 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
no
It would depend on the vibe I got from the stranger.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 12:41am On Jan 09, 2012
^
What are you replying to? You read the story so?

Lola dear,its about time,I don wait tire.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 1:11am On Jan 09, 2012
^^
kpele! I'll be right on time with this. . . wink cheesy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by freecocoa(f): 1:14am On Jan 09, 2012
^Yayyyy*dancing*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 - ELIMINATION ROUND 1 / I Unintentionally Exposed My Girlfriend / Girl Offers Lagos Guy Sex On His Birthday, Sends Her Boob Pix (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.