Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,657 members, 7,813,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Campus Blues. . . . - Romance (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Campus Blues. . . . (107635 Views)

Five Signs A Girl Is Falling In Love With You On Campus. / Beware Of Dating Kenyan Girls On And Off Campus / Photo Of The Day: Valentine Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 1:50am On Jan 06, 2013

Tega looked at Zare after Carl had left the room with an obviously hurting Dami. The room was perfumed with the sweet smell of the fresh flowers he’d come with, and on the table lay a big box of chocolate where Dami had dropped it rather nonchallantly. It looked very expensive.

'Why are you looking at me like that', Zare shrugged laughing. 'I would have thought that box of chocolate winking so suggestively would have been the one you’d honour with such an intense gaze at a time like this'.

'I was wondering what it was he did this time', Tega answered. 'A man like Carl just doesn’t come with arms laden with gifts, especially such gifts as this guaranteed to thaw a girl’s heart to a reasonable extent. He must have really put his foot in this time…'.

'Are you trying to tell me that any day TJ comes here with gifts for you, I should take it that he did something wrong and is trying to apologise'?

'Don’t get me wrong, Zare. There’s just something about Carl that leaves me cold inside'.

'Yeah, but he apparently makes your friend feel all warm and fuzzy. So who are we to complain'?
'Yeah, I guess', Tega sighed.
'On the other hand, do you know what makes me feel warm and fuzzy? Zare asked, a wide smile on her face.

Tega shook her head.
'Sinking my teeth into a bar of that premium chocolate, mmmmn. Heaven'!
'Amen to that'! Tega laughed and picked up her phone which had just started ringing.

'Hey, what’s up', Tunji asked. 'So what were you laughing about'?
'How did you know I was laughing'? She answered.
'Nigerian like you! Don’t you just love answering questions with questions'? He queried roguishly.
'You mean the same way you’re doing right now'? She replied, chuckling.

'Was I doing that'?

'Weren’t you'? She retorted.
He chortled and she joined in.
'Actually, we were talking about how much we wanted to eat this box of chocolate that Dami was gifted with. Thinking about that chocolate in my mouth is making me see things, Tunji'!
'Oh wow! I wish I was a bar of chocolate right now…'.Tunji answered. 'Because I want to be the one making you see things…'.
There was a brief silence and he could imagine a a frown on her face. He’d said it before he realized the innuendo. He laughed to lighten the mood and quickly changed the topic.

'Actually, an aunt of mine is traveling for some shopping. Would you want me to get you something', he asked. 'From this conversation, I already deducted I should be getting a box of chocolate. Anything else you’d like'?
'The chocolate would do just fine. Thank you, Tunji. And I’m sure my roomies are saying thank you in advance too! We are all chocolate enthusiasts here'.

'OK', he answered, a bit puzzled. He had been prepared to order a blouse or two, some pairs of jeans and maybe some silk scarves. Chocolate!?
'So what are you doing this evening', he asked.
'I’m just going to pop into the ceramics studio to pick up something I ordered and drop it off at fine art's'.

'Great, so can I join you'?
'Not tonight, Tunji', she answered. Images from the last evening they had spent together at the studio flashed through her mind.
'Alright', he answered cheerily. 'Talk to you later, babe'.
'Ok. Bye, Tunji'.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 1:52am On Jan 06, 2013
Dami sat in stubborn silence in the darkness of Carl's car with her hands crossed over her chest.

‘Baby, I’m sorry. I love you so so much and I don’t want to lose you. The mere thought of losing you is what makes me act so crazy, what makes me say the hurtful things I do. You wield so much power over me! I love you, Dami. Doubt that I’m a nice person. Doubt anything. But don’t you ever doubt that I love you! I’m sorry. Babe, forgive me’!

‘I can’t keep taking all this emotional pain you keep pushing my way, Carl! I can’t take it anymore! Always accusing me of cheating on you, insinuating that I’m sleeping with other guys…it’s all too much for me to handle’!

He shook his head sadly and exhaled, then took her hand in his for a brief moment, before placing it on his chest.
‘We’ve come such a long way, my love', he pleaded. 'We still have so much to attain together, so many hurdles to cross. Please, don’t give up on me now! I try…I really do. To be a man that would always make you smile. But I lose it when it comes to you, D. When it comes to you I can’t help myself or control myself. Please, baby, don’t ever leave me’.

She sighed and felt a sole tear slip down her face.

Sensing she was softening, he continued;
‘You know I will do anything for you. You are my best friend. What will I ever do without you, Dami? I trust you, I do. I just don’t know why I’m this way with you….’

At this point, he was sobbing and she put her arms around him.
‘Carl, it’s ok…’

‘No, it’s not ok. Tell me why I keep hurting the one I love so much’. He hit the center of the steering wheel with his fist and the horn blared, piercing into the darkness of the still night. He soon replaced his hand with his head, seemingly uncaring that the horn was now continuously blaring.

Dami looked at him for a moment and felt her resolve melting away…again. ‘I won’t give up on you, Carl. But you really need to stop with the way you act. It really hurts me’!

‘I’m sorry, baby. I really am…’

She lovingly wiped his face with her hankie and as he started the car and took the familiar road that led to his place (to show her just how much he loved her, as he put it), she exhaled and muttered a little prayer that maybe this time, things would really change for the better!

As she lounged back in her seat, Carl caressed her thigh with his free hand. She allowed her eyes drift close as the warmth from his calloused hand seeped through her legging. She sighed and bit her lower lip in anticipation.
If there was something positive that always came out of their arguments, it was the make-up loving that always followed. The rawness, the urgency…the way he seemed to worship her body…the primitiveness.

‘What are you thinking about’, he asked, his voice a deep baritone that promised what was to come. She felt something flutter in her stomach.
‘Nothing much’, she answered. ‘What are you thinking about’, she asked back.
‘Taking you home, running you a long bath…taking a soft sponge and running it all over your skin. Kissing your feet, sucking those toes…’
‘Eeeew! That is gross’! She laughed.

‘You’re my woman. Nothing can be too gross for me, he replied.
In the calm that came after the storm, she listened with growing excitement as he described in details just what he had in mind for her….
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Specthatcher(f): 7:56am On Jan 06, 2013
First to coment...Weldone Lola
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by OmoKhary(f): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2013
Who is dat aliphat gan sef?he shouldn't put asunder in wat almighty oluwa has joind 2getha oh!gud job lola,mmmwwwauh
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by yesboss20(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2013
Erm, uhum, it's Sunday oh madame. This Dami/Carl matter ehn...**My virgin eyes**
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by email1(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2013
Subscribing... Stil subscribing. Lovely write-up from lovely Lola. I see you've not lost your touch.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by abioila(m): 11:41am On Jan 06, 2013
Come Aliphat park well o! ***Orders 5 crates of empty coca-cola bottles from Oga fidelis incase of any screw up from Aliphat***
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by IZUKWU(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2013
Lola,baby ! How are you . Happy 2013 , you decided to remember us today. Thank you!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Hoyeenz(f): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
Beauriful n sweet Lola.Tnx 4d update *big hug
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Hoyeenz(f): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
Beauriful n sweet Lola.Tnx 4d update *big hug+HNy
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by latbas(m): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
This aliphat should not come and spoil dis story.@lola i cant wait for d next update
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Charmin1(f): 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nice episode. Why can't you post daily or weekly like others and don't say you don't have time because i know you visit nairaland daily. Hope to see an update before two months. Well done.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by maverick2(m): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
oolala!!

after going through 29 pages, numerous comments, a death threat and intriguing story telling, I'm now upto date with da latest.

I expected dat after Tega "grees" d story will pretty much die but...ur just springing trapdoors and opening windows.

Badosky and freecocoa, I for just continue dey read una dey blast for here no stress.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Jsplash(m): 8:08am On Jan 23, 2013
@lola luv
wonderful write up. Love thee

@all
Ermm what is happening? How comes everybody is just quite? Are we keeping malice? Or are we having special retreat for anty lola luv...
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by trixandra(f): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2013
The story is not forthcoming. Beautiful work Lola but the story is losing its charm
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nice Job @OP. Keep it coming
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Beckytee(f): 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2013
@lola,u av a 9c write up here bt please continue
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by yemstok(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
What has happened to our Campus Blues? Y has lola.luv left it desolate?
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by nat138: 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
LOLA.LUV, see how you have just left us hanging. Haba babe ko da o.
Danallah, come back and finish this story/novel nau. Biko.
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by greyce: 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
dz thread z so so so dead... angry
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by WackyJ1(m): 1:23am On Apr 27, 2013
na wa oh i ignored this thread for 3 months hoping to come back and see some good things but i saw only a few. i love novels that are based in our society, that is why i like this one so much. it is very good, too bad it is not moving that fast
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by rofemiguwa(f): 4:56am On Apr 27, 2013
This is part of the reason I don't like reading stories on nairaland you start well n end terribly.which kind story do u write for 3yrs since 2011 story neva complete.na serious wa to u.lola u dey fall hand big tym.open blog. If u r scared or u want copyrite.imagine if I dey follow ur story since. 2011.not fair at all.3trs yet unfinished story.Ogah ˚°◦ooo☺º°˚˚°ºo!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 9:27am On Apr 28, 2013
Dami examined the hole in the ground curiously. What could have made it? Interesting!

'Don't you want to know what's in it?' She looked sideways and espied Carl, standing a little to the side.

She giggled and peered into the dark orifice again. 'No, I don't. It looks dark and scary!'

Carl came near and took her palm in his warm hand.
'I'm with you, you shouldn't be afraid'. Slowly, he guided her hand into the opening that was in the ground. Paralysed, she watched.

Watched, until her hand disappeared into it and then she touched something slippery that squirmed under her now-relunctant fingers.

'There's a snake in there', she gasped, trying to snatch her hand out of the opening. But Carl's vice grip, held it in place.

'Please, please', she pleaded, as tears began running down her face. She wanted to run. Her legs had been entwined by a strong cord of sorts. 'Help me! Help!'

She was shrieking and struggling. And now, she was on the ground near the hole, trying to break free of the cords now binding her hands and legs. Something was slithering out of the dark hole and Carl stood afar, watching her quietly.
She screamt!

'Dami! Dami!'
Dami peeled her gummy eyelids apart and squinted, trying to focus her bleary sight.

It was Tega and Zare.
You were crying in your sleep, Zare stated accusingly.
Screaming and thrashing your legs too, Tega added in a soft voice.

Dami sat up and sniffled, nodding as Zare handed her a box of tissue. She blew her nose and sighed, dabbing at the tears that were filling her eyes again.

'I'm ok', she said softly.

'No, you're not, Zare answered. You can lie to us all and you can lie to yourself. But your subconscious knows you're not happy. I'm going to bed, you obviously aren't ready to face facts or confide in us!'

Tega sat in the silence that ensued, watching Dami as she occasionally wiped her eyes.
'Dami, you know I love you and you're my sister. If there's anything going on, I'm here for you! But I can't if you keep shutting me out!
For Pete's sake you were screaming Carl's name in your sleep! What's going on'?

'It was just a bad dream', Dami protested hoarsely.

Ok then, Tega sighed. I'll be off to bed, have an early class today....
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2013
Hi all. Happy sunday. Bn super busy. Bt you r all stil in mind...
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2013
--- --- ---
'Chei. This mumu gehl no fit kill me I swear', Enabo hissed throwing his phone on the bed in disgust.

'Wetin happen', Wizzy asked, looking up from the formula he was 'cramming'. TJ and Yellow also looked up at Enabo expectantly from their game of chess.

'Which girl?' TJ queried.

'Na dat my cousin sis wey dey camp for Ekiti na. I holla am for BBM, na im she talk say she troway 30k. Shuooo! How come?
She come talk say she keep am for tight wey she wear for body, come forget.
Na im she go piss for night, come troway the 30k'.

The other guys looked each other in amazed silence before bursting out in hearty laughter.

'Na her pant be her bank? That girl well'? Wizzy sputtered, breaking into another round of rib-aching laughter.

'Abi she no get pouch'? Yellow added.

'Make una siddon there'! Enabo answered. 'For my side, we dey protect our property anyhow, anyway. My grouse with her be say, she troway that money. No be where she keep am, concern me'.

TJ guffawed and turned back to the game.

'Come, Yellow. Wetin happen here', he asked after an instant of looking at the board. 'No be this place I keep this one na? Yellow, you touch this game'!

'Aha. Na because you don dey lose, you wan deny your moves. I no play again sef. I get assignment. I dey go house'.

'See this bastard! Try invite me for online game when you don finish your assignment. You sef sabi say, you no fit beat me'. TJ answered.

'I go show you who be bastard when I wire you online, Yellow replied.
Enabo, my condolences to your cousin. Next time make she find beta place keep money'.

'Sharrap', Enabo growled in answer.

'If my gehl tell me that nonsense, I dey give am red card straight up. How chick go put money wey don doti, wey kuturu don handle for pant? She wan catch disease give me'? Wizzy stated sagely.

'Na tight I tell una o. I no know where una see the pant una dey talk'.

'Tight...pant, same ni', TJ incited, chuckling.

Enabo looked at him and shook his head. 'E go be same to you na. I nor blame you. Na because e don tey wey you see woman pant. Tight and pant don turn to the same thing'!

'Ol boy eeehh', Wizzy exclaimed bursting into merry laughter. 'Enabo, you nor well, I swear'!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:53am On Apr 28, 2013
Aliphat sighed as he felt her firm fingers sink into his back.

'Yes, that's the spot', he grunted. 'Put some more balm there'.

'Ok baby', Uche answered, dutifully massaging more balm into his back. 'And when I'm done, I'll oil your scalp too. When last did you get your dreads twisted, baby'?

'I'm thinking of cutting it all off', he answered, his voice muffled by the pillow. 'Tired of getting turned out of classes'.

'My poor baby', Uche crooned. 'Why won't those people let you be? I think you look cool with it, sexy. You have this Lil Wayne vibe going on'!

Aliphat grunted.
He was tired of girls allowing him to do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted just because he had the money to throw around. Damn, to have a bit of a challenge! To chase! To pursue! To tear down defenses and conquer!

He felt a shiver of pleasure run through him at his thoughts and sprang up from the bed.

What's wrong, baby, Uche queried. I'm not done yet!

Well, I'm done! 'I need to go get some things done'.
He peeled some thousands from his wallet and handed them to her. I'll call you.

Ok, baby. She smiled at him coquetishly and kissed him boldly on the lips. When your back is better, we need to hang out and finish some unfinished business, ok?

Yes, we will, he answered, trying to hide his boredom at her contrived act. He wouldn't touch her with a 10 feet pole. She just didn't know it.
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by lolaluv1(f): 10:57am On Apr 28, 2013
I'll see you all on Wednesday by God's grace. Its a promise!
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by WackyJ1(m): 11:08am On Apr 28, 2013
lola.luv:
I'll see you all on Wednesday by God's grace. Its a promise!
Hear Hear grin
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by Charmin1(f): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2013
Welcome

1 Like

Re: Campus Blues. . . . by trixandra(f): 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
finally, welcome back Lola.luv.. Dnt abandon us again o
Re: Campus Blues. . . . by NIGHTFOX: 11:55pm On Apr 28, 2013
mehn!!!! dis tori nah once in a year upload be the package?? anyways wlcome bck its good to have you bck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Handsome Groomsman At A Jos Wedding That Got People Talking / Ladies...let's Share Our No Make Up Picx... / I Unintentionally Exposed My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.