Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (867069 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Chaze85: Guys do i need to submit appendix 8 eventhough i will submit application online?
Fill it up appropriately and go with it to the application centre. If they don't need it, they will simply return it to you.

As per your statement, why not print from July 4th which will reflect your transaction. Except you made a transaction on July 5th, then it you can go ahead as planned.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:49am On Aug 03, 2014
constance234: @spikesC
Top of the day to you,pls is filling the appendix 8 paper copy necessary after filling the form online?or just the online form is needed.
thanks

Chaze85: Guys do i need to submit appendix 8 eventhough i will submit application online?

justwise:
Yes you can, use this to guide you through out http://www.ox.ac.uk/media/global/wwwoxacuk/localsites/studentgateway/documents/Guide_to_Appendix_8_-__1_August_2013.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 03, 2014
Hello house
I woke up today to see that "your application has been approved and your visa issued"

Thanks everyone especially @justwise and @ spikesC
For your 100% and more counsel

Timeline- Abuja...TB test Mon(21 July)....visa application/submission etc Tue(22 July)......visa approval this am
Goodluck to everyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:25am On Aug 03, 2014
milychocs: Hello house
I woke up today to see that "your application has been approved and your visa issued"

Thanks everyone especially @justwise and @ spikeC

Timeline- Abuja...TB test Mon(21 July)....visa application/submission etc Tue(22 July)......visa approval this am
Goodluck to everyone

Congratulations! nice way to start Sunday morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mun0513: 11:03am On Aug 03, 2014
@Justwise and other gurus

Hope this message finds you in good health,

You all are doing a great job by helping out fellow members regarding their visa application.

I would really appreciate if you can help out with my Tier 4 application.

1) I have given IELTS Test for Postgraduate Course (NQF Level 7) which is stated in my CAS along with scores. What should I write for the fields:
a) Level of Qualification. (is it CEFR Level B2?)
b) Award Date. (is it the test date or the result date mentioned on IELTS Certificate)?

2) Online application form contains a mandatory field 'Place of Issue' which is not stated in my Passport. Is it fine that i have written 'UNSTATED IN PASSPORT'?

3) It would be really nice of you if you can read out my situation and advise me whether I am doing fine or not:

I have deposited the required funds in my account on 7th July and have started counting it from 8th July therefore the 28 day period will end on 4th August. I am planning to get a Bank Letter tomorrow which would state the amount and 28 days period. Once I have received the bank letter I will submit the online application form and pay application fee through debit card from the same account in which i am evidencing my funds. This is because its my old, primary and only bank account.[

Once the transaction is deducted from the funds, Next day I will go to the bank again and get monthly bank statement showing the transaction of my last deposit which completed the required funds and online application fee to UKVI.

After that i will submit both the documents for visa process. Is it fine? Won't there be any problem that my minimum balance for 28 days stated on bank letter will be different than that of monthly statement after deducting visa application fee. Rest assured the amount is more than enough to cover minimum funds required, exchange rate and online application fee of 310 pounds.

Your support and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regard and Best Wishes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:23am On Aug 03, 2014
Good morning Justwise,

Do I need to show 820 (two months maintenance fees) plus 50% balance of my course fee in my account as bank statement? The total course fee is 7500 and I need to pay a deposit of 50%.

Will I be applying for an extension or a new tier 4 visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
princessmoi: Good morning Justwise,

Do I need to show 820 (two months maintenance fees) plus 50% balance of my course fee in my account as bank statement? The total course fee is 7500 and I need to pay a deposit of 50%.

Will I be applying for an extension or a new tier 4 visa?

Since you have an existing visa you don't need to apply for extension, all you need is a new CAS from a new sponsor after canceling your current admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cooljinglepuff: 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hi there, I've submitted my UK visa application and I'm wondering what is the website link to check the status online? I've tried the https://www.vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTracking/ApplicantTrackStatus.aspx but it's only for applicants from Kenya and Nigeria. Where should I go if I'm a Malaysian? Thanks in advance. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
DonOms:
Fill it up appropriately and go with it to the application centre. If they don't need it, they will simply return it to you.

As per your statement, why not print from July 4th which will reflect your transaction. Except you made a transaction on July 5th, then it you can go ahead as planned.

Thanks,i made the transaction on July 4th but i made another transaction in the middle of July so that dey can see that money came in and go dats y i want to print on July 5th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
Chaze85:

Thanks,i made the transaction on July 4th but i made another transaction in the middle of July so that dey can see that money came in and go dats y i want to print on July 5th

Do you have complete maintenance money in your account by the time you made that transaction?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2014

Goodluck to everyone

Congrats dear cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
mun0513: @Justwise and other gurus

You all are doing a great job by helping out fellow members regarding their visa application.

I would really appreciate if you can help out with my Tier 4 application.

1) I have given IELTS Test for Postgraduate Course (NQF Level 7) which is stated in my CAS along with scores. What should I write for the fields:
a) Level of Qualification. (is it CEFR Level B2?)
b) Award Date. (is it the test date or the result date mentioned on IELTS Certificate)?

2) Online application form contains a mandatory field 'Place of Issue' which is not stated in my Passport. Is it fine that i have written 'UNSTATED IN PASSPORT'?

3) It would be really nice of you if you can read out my situation and advise me whether I am doing fine or not:

I have deposited the required funds in my account on 7th July and have started counting it from 8th July therefore the 28 day period will end on 4th August. I am planning to get a Bank Letter tomorrow which would state the amount and 28 days period. Once I have received the bank letter I will submit the online application form and pay application fee through debit card from the same account in which i am evidencing my funds. This is because its my old, primary and only bank account.[

Once the transaction is deducted from the funds, Next day I will go to the bank again and get monthly bank statement showing the transaction of my last deposit which completed the required funds and online application fee to UKVI.

After that i will submit both the documents for visa process. Is it fine? Won't there be any problem that my minimum balance for 28 days stated on bank letter will be different than that of monthly statement after deducting visa application fee. Rest assured the amount is more than enough to cover minimum funds required, exchange rate and online application fee of 310 pounds.

Your support and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regard and Best Wishes

1a: What level of qualification are they asking you for? Is it for the course you're going to study or for the English exam?

1b: The award date is the date you got the qualification been asked

2: Place of issue is the same as issuing authority

You do not need a monthly statement. Just print the 28 days statement and pay your VISA fee. Then submit the same 28days statement you printed. No need for another statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mun0513: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
quote author=spikesC]
1a: What level of qualification are they asking you for? Is it for the course you're going to study or for the English exam?
1b: The award date is the date you got the qualification been asked
2: Place of issue is the same as issuing authority
You do not need a monthly statement. Just print the 28 days statement and pay your VISA fee. Then submit the same 28days statement you printed. No need for another statement[/quote]

@spikesC

Thank you for your response. Really appreciate it.

1a) It is the level of qualification of English Language Test i.e. IELTS, Pearson etc. For my case it is IELTS.

You can also find this field in Appendix 8 form under English Language Section.

3) Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to confirm whether there won't be any issue when the 28 day statement printed shows more amount and current balance is less in real after paying the visa fee while it is in process and UKVI might check for confirmation with bank.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

Do you have complete maintenance money in your account by the time you made that transaction?

No but wen i learn dat my fund is not complete i pay extra school fees and ask for new CAS to make my fund complete,is it ok?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

No i dnt have the enough fund but last week i pay additional school fees and get new CAS just to have the correct funding
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
Chaze85:

No i dnt have the enough fund but last week i pay additional school fees and get new CAS just to have the correct funding

If you don't have a complete maintenance money in your account....each time you pay money into that account you are restarting the 28days accounting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

If you don't have a complete maintenance money in your account....each time you pay money into that account you are restarting the 28days accounting.

I dnt have complete but wen i found out that it's not complete i paid my school fees as an additional to make it complete

Or do i need to withdraw it from the bank?cos i just enter it to see that money enter and go,but without the transaction i made my fund is not enuf but it's complete nw cos i add additional school fees even without that money that i deposit in the middle of the week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
Guys pls i need clarification about oanda conversion is it after i print the statement of account or after paying online application or the day i deposit money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
Chaze85:

I dnt have complete but wen i found out that it's not complete i paid my school fees as an additional to make it complete

Or do i need to withdraw it from the bank?cos i just enter it to see that money enter and go,but without the transaction i made my fund is not enuf but it's complete nw cos i add additional school fees even without that money that i deposit in the middle of the week

It's either you're unconsciously getting us confused here or I personally don't understand you.

If the balance of your fees is #100, and your maintenance money is #70, then the money required for you to show as evidence is #170 which must have been in your account for at least 28 days. To avoid confusion for the ECO, print your statement from the date you made the transaction that shows you have your #170 in your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Chaze85: Guys pls i need clarification about oanda conversion is it after i print the statement of account or after paying online application or the day i deposit money?

According to UKVI TIER 4 POLICY DOCUMENT, your APPLICATION DATE is the date you paid your application fees.

When your application is assessed, the rate used for you is said to be the rate on the "day of your application."

Therefore, the OANDA page you should print will be the one that shows the rate on the day you paid "Application Fees."

Before online payment option, everyone paid fees on the date of document submission so there was no confusion. Please, refer to the Policy Document and read about "APPLICATION DATE"

REF: Beginning of Page 51
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/339357/T4_Guidance_08-14.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
Chaze85:

I'm struggling to get hold of your point here.

Ok...how much do you have in your account now.....maintenance money + remaining school fees AND how long has that money complete money (maintenance money + remaining school fees) been in your account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
DonOms:

It's either you're unconsciously getting us confused here or I personally don't understand you.

If the balance of your fees is #100, and your maintenance money is #70, then the money required for you to show as evidence is #170 which must have been in your account for at least 28 days. To avoid confusion for the ECO, print your statement from the date you made the transaction that shows you have your #170 in your account.

It's like this i have 5m20thou naira in my account on July 4 den after 2weeks i enter 20k just for savings unknown to me dat that the first transaction dat i made was lack of funds around 400pounds so after i read about this forum i pay 1000pounds additional to my school fees and updated new CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

I'm struggling to get hold of your point here.

Ok...how much do you have in your account now.....maintenance money + remaining school fees AND how long has that money complete money (maintenance money + remaining school fees) been in your account?

I have 5m20k naira in my account on July 4 by the middle of the week i just added 20k naira,my total school fees plus fund is £19470 but i paid £990 for school fees and £240 for accomodation making £18240,den i learn dat my fund is lacking so i paid anoder £1000 for school fees making it £1990 so now the total amount for funds and school is £17240 and my money in my account now is 5m20k naira plus the additional 20k naira
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise: [/b]

Since you have an existing visa you don't need to apply for extension, all you need is a new CAS from a new sponsor after canceling your current admission.

Okay... So do I have to apply for a new visa with the new CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
princessmoi:

Okay... So do I have to apply for a new visa with the new CAS?

Hmmm......what is the difference between visa extension and applying for a new visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Chaze85:

I have 5m20k naira in my account on July 4 by the middle of the week i just added 20k naira,my total school fees plus fund is £19470 but i paid £990 for school fees and £240 for accomodation making £18240,den i learn dat my fund is lacking so i paid anoder £1000 for school fees making it £1990 so now the total amount for funds and school is £17240 and my money in my account now is 5m20k naira plus the additional 20k naira

Please pay attention to dates its the important thing here.

So at what date did you have that £17240 and what date did you pay that £1000 additional school fees to your school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

Please pay attention to dates its the important thing here.

So at what date did you have that £17240 and what date did you pay that £1000 additional school fees to your school?

Last Wednesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
Chaze85:

Last Wednesday

For both?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise:

For both?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
justwise: [/b]

Hmmm......what is the difference between visa extension and applying for a new visa?

smiley so I don't need to apply for a visa then?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
Chaze85:

Last Wednesday

Then your 28days counting started on the 30th of July because that was the day you have all the money required in your account.

Each time you interrupt the counting by making payment into that account you are restarting the counting.

You only get away with it if you have complete amount of money in that account before making payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2014

Goodluck to everyone

Wow! Congratulations!! Applied on the 23rd at Ikeja....hope mine arrives tomorrow... lol.. where are you headed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.