Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December (10857 Views)

Saraki Rocks Made In Aba Attire, Cruises Nigerian Made Jeep (PHOTOS) / LASTMA Officials And Bus Driver Battle It Out In Lagos Traffic. Photos / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 11, 2007
evergie:

@almondjoy
     My brother, since this bunch of fools refuse to accept the truth and face reality, i think we should kneel down an pray for their souls. And people like willywilly's home should have august visitor like the then asst. police commissioner that visit okija shrine. Even his/her name connotes evil- willywilly-   
Enemies of Progress,
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by bitrhyme(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2007
hello anybody using motorolal6 pls help mewith the wap setting foran mtn line
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2007
This social misfit dat calls himself FSU abi FS2 ( sorry my dj -- FS2 babi) is even boasting dat he has free internet access. Man, u are too lousy, how many people in your village can boast of ordinary television?, u are too far 4rm reality. U only hide under the igbo cloak to advance a moribund, camatose and utopian idea. At your age, Obasanjo was bahaving exactly like u, that was in 1944.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by bitrhyme(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2007
sb pls help me with motorola l6 mtn wap settings pls
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by bitrhyme(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2007
when will u stop talking like a kid at my age obj didnt have a toy phn talkless of a moto l6
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2007
The internet allows some people display their idiocy and get away with it. In a live scientific conference such as I attend, people like evergie and Ogalanya will only be there to warm the seats and mope. They have nothing to offer.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by bitrhyme(m): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2007
u all cant jst tell nobdy is using a presentable phn isnt that
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by McKren(m): 11:49am On Oct 11, 2007
Afam take it easy with the tribal comments, the original poster of this thread opened the door for such comments in the first place.

why call it an 'Igbo' car, if not to emphasise on the tribal origin? Not that I have anything against that, but when you allow room for something, you give it a chance to manifest.

Most of the comments have simply expressed doubt and lack of faith in anything Nigerian, some borne out of bitter personal experiences, some out of pure and adulterated tribal hatred, and others just tongue-in-cheek.

and with regards to the Power thing, let the Igbos sort themselves out if they can, the other portions will have no choice but to wise up and solve their own problems too. Bart Nnaji is doing a good job with Geometric, Yar'adua seems to consider him important enough to consider an adviser on the power issue.

Once again, we all wait for the unveiling of the car, and the quality of the parts and so on. I hope it turns out to be a quality product. If something is truly good, All Nigerians will embrace it regardless of origin, If not, na only hausa people for dey chop Suya.

To the people screaming maintenance maintenance, Nigeria engineering Works (NEW) Nnewi has been making ceiling fans, A/C's and others for a while, so has Fred Engineering and other concerns. Honda has been manufacturing bikes in Nigeria for a while too, and they function well, so have many other facilities in Nigeria. The fact that we have not 'indigenously' produced our own car doesn't mean we don't have people who can maintain things.

the general society may lack a maintenance culture, but determined individuals who have proper business+manufacturing culture produce quality products and maintain them too. If the budding manufacturer knows his onions, hires capable hands and focuses on quality, I have no doubt the products will be good. I hope those wishing for the downfall of this project are disappointed in the end.

Absolutely spot on, the originator of the thread got it all wrong by his title.

The success of this car is better guaranteed if it is seen as a Nigerian car than an Ibo car

reason: No matter how great a product is, it can only survive if there is a market for it. And I personally believe this product will be more successful if its initial market pool is drawn from the 140million Nigerians than from the 20million Igbos
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2007
FSU in which country was the conference hold?

Like i said before, you need to have your head properly examined, your case could be that of intellectual cirrhosis. i don dieeeee
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2007
evergie:

FSU in which country was the conference hold  grin?

Like i said before, you need to have your head properly examined, your case could be that of intellectual cirrhosis. i don dieeeee

You can't even differentiate hold (present tense) from held (past tense). At this rate, how can I continue discussing with you?

From now on, I ignore you like you do not exist.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2007
If you call the car Nigerian car ( BTW, Igbo is still part of Nigeria) will that make the haters buy it? Natural haters will still ask who the owners of the company are. If they see only Okoro names on the board list, will they buy the car, even if the factory is located in Zungeru?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 1:40pm On Oct 11, 2007
evergie:

@almondjoy
My brother, since this bunch of fools refuse to accept the truth and face reality, i think we should kneel down an pray for their souls. And people like willywilly's home should have august visitor like the then asst. police commissioner that visit okija shrine. Even his/her name connotes evil- willywilly-

That one? willy willy? The type no one should invite to a family get together. I do not even know how to describe that one---666 on the forhead of tribalism!

willywilly:

yes, i'm the happiest okija high priest, Mumu.

See how stupid you are, IBO'S are showing their skills to improve your Block head by this good invention (manufacturing this Jeeps and bus) so that Africa/blackman can feel proud too, instead of you to encourage them, your here showing your Moronic brain.
well!!, i no go blame you, i dey blame (god) wey make you endless Block Head.

Are you one of those elders that act in the village scenes of most Nigerian home videos? You remind me of Amechi Muanagor!!! The ultimate igbo-ramus! angry
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kanto: 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2007
My brothers, you can now appreciate why we advocate for Biafra. When you cohabit in a nation full of lazy empty headed morons like those barbarians up North that only know how to cut off human heads, you cannot expect to make any progress.

They will hold you down with their fear, jealousy, and mental inferiority.

That is exactly what is on display in this forum.

Even with the examples of Igbo made ZINOX computers,  ceiling fans etc some are still talking trash because the true underlying factors are tribal jealousy and  not the maintenance trash they claim.

It is not a secret that even during the civil-war the Igbos built  very effective bombs (Ogbunigwe) , rifles, rockets, tanks etc these things are well documented and some of them can still be found in the war museum in Umuahia.

In Aba, there are grades of products, and some of the goods are of very good quality.All they need is some government investment in infrastructure and capacity and these goods would become world class, but the tribal governments in Nigeria would never do it.

Every technological nation in the world be it Taiwan, or China started like the Igbos, but because Nigeria is like a man who married many wives, each wife is plotting the downfall of the other wife, that is what is going on in Nigeria.

Igbo products will be called Igbo made, because Igbos are not Nigerians. With or without Nigeria the Igbo can sell their goods within their 40 million population and beyond Nigeria in other African countries the same way Igbo movies now sell more in other African nations than in Nigeria .

Afterall the bible tells us a prophet is without honour in his home. Ngozi-Iweala and Oby Ezekwesili was not appreciated at home, today they hold top positions in the world bank appreciated by foreigners. I pray Soludo also quit that useless country to take up a top position in a foreign country where he will be appreciated.

In the same vein if Nigeria does not appreciate Igbo made goods, foreigners will appreciate it, so you guys can go and hang with your useless failed state Nigeria.

There are many slaves and mentally inferior groups in Nigeria who prefer to be subservient to the whiteman. The Igbo begs to be an exception.

BIAFRA LIVES
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ochocinco1(m): 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2007
Kanto:

My brothers, you can now appreciate why we advocate for Biafra. When you cohabit in a nation full of lazy empty headed morons like those barbarians up North that only know how to cut off human heads, you cannot expect to make any progress.

They will hold you down with their fear, jealousy, and mental inferiority.

That is exactlly what is on display in this forum.

Even with the examples of Igbo made ZINOX computers, ceiling fans etc some are still talking trash because the true underlying factors are tribal jealousy and not the maintenance trash they claim.

It is not a secret that even during the civil-war the Igbos built very effective bombs (Ogbunigwe) , rifles, rockets, tanks etc these things are well documented and some of them can still be found in the war museum in Umuahia.

In Aba, there are grades of products, and some of the goods are of very good quality.All they need is some government investment in infrastructure and capacity and these goods would become world class, but the tribal governments in Nigeria would never do it.

Every technological nation in the world be it Taiwan, or China started like the Igbos, but because Nigeria is like a man who married many wives, each wive is plotting the downfall of the other wive, that is what is going on in Nigeria.

Igbo products will be called Igbo made, because Igbos are not Nigerians. With or without Nigeria the Igbo can sell their goods within their 40 million population and beyond Nigeria in other African countries the same way Igbo movies now sell more in other African nations than in Nigeria .

There are many slaves and mentally inferior groups in Nigeria who prefer to be subservient to the whiteman. The Igbo begs to be an exception.

BIAFRA LIVES

Long live Igbo Self Reliance I wonder if it matters if my name is SULE GAMBARI grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2007
Kanto:

BIAFRA LIVES

The bolded portion of the above in quote is informative. Thanks nwanna, Kanto
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2007
a leopard can't hide it's spots.
almond joy,your true personality has emerged and you know I know who you are.
you did fool me a while.

mili,you tried o
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Iman3(m): 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2007
@Nwando

I dey suspect am before but im try well well to hide am grin

But don't you think tribalism dey too much for Igbos of young generation? ;DWhich one be Igbo jeep,Igbo fan,Igbo Zinox PC? grin grin grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2007
I-man:

@Nwando
But don't you think tribalism dey too much for Igbos of young generation? ;DWhich one be Igbo jeep,Igbo fan,Igbo Zinox PC? grin grin grin

You've got no choice man. That's the game that other Nigerians know how to play very well. We can only learn to play with them and get to the big league as fast as we can. For me, I am a realist and not an idealist.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2007
I-man:

@Nwando

Igbo Jeep, Igbo Car is TRIBALISM GREAT!!! So the next time you ask for AMERICAN car, Check yourself !
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2007
Now suddenly the word "Igbo made" is irritating to some people grin Na wa.

I remenber when I was little folks of other tribes used to throw jibe @ me. Anythiing that is of inferior quality they would call it Igbo made or even Aba made to piss me off. I am sure it was other tribes that coined that word to give a dog bad name. grin Even the guy that started this thread is not Igbo ( cos he used the phrase in a derogatory manner undecided) and now we are being accused of being tribalistic.

Make up ur mind people grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Iman3(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2007
Uche2nna:

Even the guy that started this thread is not Igbo ( because he used the phrase in a derogatory manner undecided) and now we are being accused of being tribalistic.

Make up your mind people grin

You mean FSU is not Igbo?I don't think he was the one that put the "Lol" prefix.

Are saying that insurance products from IGI can be called "Yoruba insurance"?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2007
Uche2nna,

Did you follow my arguments all this while? If so, how come you did not read my explanation of ''lol'' as used by me? I am as Igbo as Ojukwu. That much I have made clear here. Please read with understanding.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 8:40pm On Oct 11, 2007
Nope I did not follow ur arguments

I would have to go back and see wat u meant by lol?

Dang , it is tuff keeping up with all dem posts cheesy My bad!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2007
Are you my fellow Igbos afraid of being labelled tribalists in a country such as Nigeria where dog-eat-dog reign supreme? What a shame.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2007
I-man:

You mean FSU is not Igbo?I don't think he was the one that put the "Lol" prefix.

Are saying that insurance products from IGI can be called "Yoruba insurance"?

My bad, I man. Lets just blame it on the rain  wink

However, I believe that no Igbo man will manufacture a product and label it Igbo-made  undecided The Igbo prefix , I believe is a street slang used to depict that that the stuff was locally made and like I said before it was even used in a derogatory manner.
U guys should not worry that the cars will come out and bear "the Igbo made tag".  grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 8:47pm On Oct 11, 2007
Uche2nna,

Are you to define for me the way I used lol? Are you that fixated on the only definition of lol you know?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by denex: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2007
I just came onto this thread to tackle this LOL issue. I really see nothing funny about making jeeps in Nigeria.

I can personally build a car if I had all the necessary equipment and all necessary associated industry that would supply accessories.

I find it very insulting that anybody would find Igbo-made jeeps as an issue to laugh out loud about or to ridicule. May it not be well with you. Bloody imp.

High school students build solar cars in other countries a one idiot it mocking an entire race of industrous people on such an account.

There's a serious problem with BLACK people and NIGGAS. These are the set of idiots that will keep dragging Africans down.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2007
nwando:

a leopard can't hide it's spots.[/b]almond joy,your true personality has emerged and you know I know who you are.
you did fool me a while.

[b]mili,you tried o

Even under the mango tree? undecided

I-man:

@Nwando

See this one! Prove it!!!!!

Uche2nna:

Now suddenly the word "Igbo made" is irritating to some people grin Na wa

I remenber when I was little folks of other tribes used to throw jibe @ me. Anythiing that is of inferior quality they would call it Igbo made or even Aba made to piss me off. I am sure it was other tribes that coined that word to give a dog bad name. grin Even the guy that started this thread is not Igbo ( because he used the phrase in a derogatory manner undecided) [b]and now we are being accused of being tribalistic.[/b]Make up your mind people grin

And why are you pissed off? Are they not inferior goods? Look, I believe any one group of people enterprising enough be it igbo or yoruba or edo or tiv enterprising enought to manufacture anything in Nigeria should be encouraged. But we know the history---the "made in Nigeria" goods including the igbo ones---do not step up the ladder. They keep getting worse! What is the purpose of manufacturing goods and services when you have no mission statements---committed to service excellence and quality improvement? undecided

Name one thing that Nigeria has produced that has improved with time? Now you want to make vehicles in Nigeria by trial and error--school drop outs who believe that it is all a game of hit or miss? Like I said--start manufacturing parts for the ones available first then when the education process is in full swing, we can entrust the Nigerian lives with some home made vehicles. Do we not have enough motor vehicle accidents on our roadways?

Please you guys should stop dreaming!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2007
denex:

I just came onto this thread to tackle this LOL issue. I really see nothing funny about making jeeps in Nigeria.

I can personally build a car if I had all the necessary equipment and all necessary associated industry that would supply accessories.

I find it very insulting that anybody would find Igbo-made jeeps as an issue to laugh out loud about or to ridicule. May it not be well with you. Bloody imp.

High school students build solar cars in other countries a one idiot it mocking an entire race of industrious people on such an account.

There's a serious problem with BLACK people and NIGGAS.   These are the set of idiots that will keep dragging Africans down.

Welcome the real denex back!  Very passionate with insults and zombie logic! You came to tackle the LOL issue? undecided  Please let us know which of the cars you will build in advance so that I and my surviving relatives personally can avoid them like plagues--and opt to ride camels or donkeys instead around Nigeria!  Just sell the "cars" or "coffins" to all your relatives please. Typical of a Nigerian--Jack of all trades and master of none!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by denex: 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2007
These are the BLACK People and NIGGAS that am talking about. I'm keeping count and almondjoy is second in row. Who's next?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2007
Thank you! Welcome back! Fire on! tongue
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by denex: 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2007
Sorry, no double counting.

Next?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 Nigerians Beaten By 30 Malaysians In Kepong, / Plot To Suspend Magu Uncovered / Fashola Shuts Aswani Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.