Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (809809 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 7:38am On Jan 21, 2015
Dfavouredone:

I have not register with job agencies. Can you give me any suggested ones please.

As for stipulated working hours, i have not even gotten job not to talk about exceeding hours. But i have my NI number already.

Register with PMP, Blue Arrow, Transline recruitment, Quest, Mpower. They all have branch in MK

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Dfavouredone: 12:27am On Jan 22, 2015
justwise:

Register with PMP, Blue Arrow, Transline recruitment, Quest, Mpower. They all have branch in MK

Thanks boss. God bless you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Dfavouredone: 12:27am On Jan 22, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Simply Google job agencies in cranfield and call them. You can also network with your fellow students, check notice boards and speak to student services.

Thanks boss. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 3:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
Good afternoon all,
I just received a mail notifying the occupants of my flat of not paying for TV license after several warnings. That they will send some people to come check the house for any evident of TV usage which might lead to court prosecution. I along with two other friends just rented that flat last Sunday and we dont use any TV.

I know the mail may have been intended for the previous occupants of the room. I have the option to call them to notify them of this but I still want to ask of the best way to approach such issues.

Furthermore, they stated that even if you watch TV with other devices like PCs and mobile phones, you are still required to pay the license. My question is does this include Live Match Streaming? And maybe Video (Music/Movie) online watching? Cos that's the only thing I and my flatmates do. And we have subscribed for that with our wi-fi provider.

We have some old TVs stored somewhere in the house that I dont know if they are working. Hope this will not be a sort of negative evidence should there be an investigation?

Thanks.

cc Justwise, SpikesC, DisGuy,
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
[quote author=gcey2k post=30091168]Good afternoon all,
I just received a mail notifying the occupants of my flat of not paying for TV license after several warnings.

These are generated and followed up by computers.
It is almost impossible to convince them that no one in your house watches TV or streams video. (especially if it's young people.)
There will be a phone number where you can contact them but it is just like talking to a robot!

You can try to convince them but it will be very very difficult.
You may well get a visit which can be at any time even on weekends when they will try to catch you out.
(They do have right of entry, if you do not let them in they will issue a court summons.)

Sorry it's bad news but this is one of the pleasures of living in the UK.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 7:56am On Jan 25, 2015
gcey2k:
Good afternoon all,
I just received a mail notifying the occupants of my flat of not paying for TV license after several warnings. That they will send some people to come check the house for any evident of TV usage which might lead to court prosecution. I along with two other friends just rented that flat last Sunday and we dont use any TV.

I know the mail may have been intended for the previous occupants of the room. I have the option to call them to notify them of this but I still want to ask of the best way to approach such issues.

Furthermore, they stated that even if you watch TV with other devices like PCs and mobile phones, you are still required to pay the license. My question is does this include Live Match Streaming? And maybe Video (Music/Movie) online watching? Cos that's the only thing I and my flatmates do. And we have subscribed for that with our wi-fi provider.

We have some old TVs stored somewhere in the house that I dont know if they are working. Hope this will not be a sort of negative evidence should there be an investigation?

Thanks.

cc Justwise, SpikesC, DisGuy,

Well the notice is for the previous occupant...but as regards to your case....if you don't have TV then you don't watch one, trying to ask somebody to pay tv license because the person watches some clips on laptop is just crazy and way out of order. They need to break-in to catch you watching tv on your laptop first before asking you to pay jack.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 8:07am On Jan 25, 2015
justwise:

Well the notice is for the previous occupant...but as regards to your case....if you don't have TV then you don't watch one, trying to ask somebody to pay tv license because the person watches some clips on laptop is just crazy and way out of order. They need to break-in to catch you watching tv on your laptop first before asking you to pay jack.

Sorry but you are wrong.
They do not have to "break in"
They will just send a court summons to fine you. It's then up to you to defend it in court. (big cost) even if innocent.
They have lots of power!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2015
worry359:

Sorry but you are wrong.
They will just send a court summons to fine you. It's then up to you to defend it in court. (big cost) even if innocent.
They have lots of power!

No they can't, as no-one is legally obliged to co-operate with TV Licensing, and nobody goes to prison for evading TV license.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 10:41am On Jan 25, 2015
justwise:

Thanks Boss... Will wait for them then!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 10:45am On Jan 25, 2015
worry359:

Sorry but you are wrong.
They have lots of power!

@worry359... your name and posts are so worrysome undecided

I have done nothing wrong. So I will wait and see if this is a lawless society. I'm not worried by their power or anything...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 10:51am On Jan 25, 2015
gcey2k:

Thanks Boss... Will wait for them then!

Don't open door to anybody, that will be your first mistake.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 11:11am On Jan 25, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Don't open door to anybody, that will be your first mistake.

ok Boss... Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Pls does anyone have an idea if £600 is enough for BTA to the uk and what the immigration will ask?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
obipyper:
Pls does anyone have an idea if £600 is enough for BTA to the uk and what the immigration will ask?

Traveling as a student?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
justwise:

Traveling as a student?

No just me and my dad spending a week.. We've already paid for the hotel booking aside the 600
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 9:06pm On Jan 26, 2015
obipyper:

No just me and my dad spending a week.. We've already paid for the hotel booking aside the 600

You have been asking this same question with diferent amounts of money since November last year.
Do you REALLY have hotel bookings? angry

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
worry359:

You have been asking this same question with diferent amounts of money since November last year.
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by drake107: 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
How about finding some cheapest universities in Uk ? I found this http://internationalstudentsguide.org/8-cheapest-universities-united-kingdom-international-students/ do you guys know any more ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
drake107:
How about finding some cheapest universities in Uk ? I found this http://internationalstudentsguide.org/8-cheapest-universities-united-kingdom-international-students/ do you guys know any more ?

Cheap school usually means poor education
and a certificate that is only any good for wiping your bottom with!

You must FIRST check that any school is on the UK list of sponsors and not banned.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/398423/Tier_4_Register_of_Sponsors_2015-01-27.pdf

Then try to find out if anyone from there ever got a decent job.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
worry359:

You must FIRST check that any school is on the UK list of sponsors and not banned.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/398423/Tier_4_Register_of_Sponsors_2015-01-27.pdf

hahaha.....hard truth@worry359..... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by gcey2k(m): 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
worry359:

Nice one worry...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Dfavouredone: 12:59am On Jan 29, 2015
Good day friends.

Is there anyone schooling or staying in Aberdeen? I will like to connect as i will coming to Aberdeen in Feb. for a Conference (Subsea Expo).

If you are Aberdeen, pls halla me lets rub minds
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:38am On Jan 29, 2015
Dfavouredone:
Good day friends.

Is there anyone schooling or staying in Aberdeen? I will like to connect as i will coming to Aberdeen in Feb. for a Conference (Subsea Expo).

If you are Aberdeen, pls halla me lets rub minds
Thanks.

I'm in Aberdeen. Lol. How far?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Dfavouredone: 11:05am On Jan 29, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

I'm in Aberdeen. Lol. How far?

My guy. You see how we dey do am o.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
worry359:

Lol calm down bruh, we are all trying to get insights here.. I'm in woolwich Arsenal atm .. Any niaraland members around this area?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lexusgs430: 7:50am On Jan 30, 2015
obipyper:

Lol calm down bruh, we are all trying to get insights here.. I'm in woolwich Arsenal atm .. Any niaraland members around this area?

I am not too far from Woolwich arsenal. Had a bit of sojourn on Frances street(back in the good old young days).
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mhoreh: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2015
Hello Fam!!!!!!!
Been a while and happy new year and new month to everyone
House, please i want my mum and brother to come visiting by middle of this year how do i go abt it, i resumed last september
Thanks in advance
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mhoreh: 11:49am On Feb 02, 2015
dolapobello1:

GTB rates are quite high. I think it's more cost-efficient to just open a UK account and have your folks transfer all the money into it. I should know. I used a GTB card, switched to Stanbic and eventually had to transfer money from my Nigerian banks to a UK bank. Just imagine how hard it must have been for me to transfer from Nigeria to UK while staying in their UK.
.... my Sheffield friend smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Olola15(m): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
mhoreh:
Hello Fam!!!!!!!
House, please i want my mum and brother to come visiting by middle of this year how do i go abt it, i resumed last september
Thanks in advance

found you here too. pls call me Mhorey. av lost your contact.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
mhoreh:
.... my Sheffield friend smiley

Wow
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mhoreh: 11:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Oga Justwise please help oooooo
mhoreh:
Hello Fam!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lexusgs430: 5:58am On Feb 03, 2015
mhoreh:
Hello Fam!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance

What would underpin their applications? You obviously cannot submit enough documentations to support both applications(not unless you can)!!!
They would have to both apply for visiting or tourist visas and the weight of whatever documentations they might have, would determine which way the applications swing!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.