Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (811994 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bookface: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
zerray:
Please how good is University of reading? And university of glasgow? if you are in these schools pls drop your email pls I need your help. Thnks @justwise

I attended Reading. Happy to help with any questions

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bookface: 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
PweedyB:
Pls what's the average price of a winter Jacket in the UK?

You could get something for as low as 20pounds or as high as 750pounds...your choice

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bookface: 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
deniike:
Pls who would be attending Robert Gordon Uni Aberdeen this September?

That's a pretty decent school, 3 of our current interns came from Robert Gordon

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by rotimilax(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2015
Anyone going to university of bedfordshire this september Anyone??
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by rotimilax(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2015
PweedyB:
Pls what's the average price of a winter Jacket in the UK?
Depends on ur pocket. You can go to all those car boot sales and get them at very cheap rates say 5-10 pounds and you could go to M&S and get them for almost 1000 pounds. The choice is yours...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bidosko(m): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
bookface:

That's a pretty decent school, 3 of our current interns came from Robert Gordon
hi bookface, am guessing u finished ur msc in the uk and currently working there. Can you share with us ur experience and how you got your job

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by larrypha(f): 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello guys,

Please I just have a quick question. I'm rounding up my MSc this September and I would be staying in the UK till January. I've been working during my time of studies and therefore auto enrolled for pension scheme. I have access to my pension account online and all but what i want to know is if I will I be able to get my (by force) contributions when I'm returning home in January? Has anyone been in this situation before?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 31, 2015
bookface:

You could get something for as low as 20pounds or as high as 750pounds...your choice
do they hv January intake, I hv mailed them but I need an urgent reply
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by charlesbailey(m): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
moonraker:
Study Study Study!!!!!!!

Network Network Network

Look for part time jobs and do it no matter how little

Opening up ur mind to everything and anything good (Drop the nigerian mentality)

Hard work pays when yu are out of nigeria.

Hard work pays when you are out of nigeria?? you mean it doesn't pay here??
Most people end up doing jobs they won't for any reason take up in their fatherland! God bless your hustle though.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bidosko(m): 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hi all , Any idea on how to get cheap currency exchange rate
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by moonraker(m): 12:14am On Sep 01, 2015
charlesbailey:

Hard work pays when you are out of nigeria?? you mean it doesn't pay here??
Most people end up doing jobs they won't for any reason take up in their fatherland! God bless your hustle though.

I like how you totally ignored the rest of message i was trying to pass along...

Ok let me decrypt what i was really trying to say...

Nigeria (Whether or not you want to admit this, is a society that follows the rule of who you know).

Outside of Nigeria though, that isn't necessary (Again you can chose to believe me or notttt) but as someone who has studied, lived and worked

and is still going thru that, i think I know just enough to know that my point is definitely on point. angry

Sayonara Amigos
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by larrypha(f): 7:17am On Sep 01, 2015
Anyone please? sad

larrypha:
Hello guys,

Please I just have a quick question. I'm rounding up my MSc this September and I would be staying in the UK till January. I've been working during my time of studies and therefore auto enrolled for pension scheme. I have access to my pension account online and all but what i want to know is if I will I be able to get my (by force) contributions when I'm returning home in January? Has anyone been in this situation before?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 8:51am On Sep 01, 2015
larrypha:
Hello guys,

Only your company will answer that, talk to your HR department

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by larrypha(f): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
Okay, thank you.
justwise:

Only your company will answer that, talk to your HR department
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Jossyxx(f): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
Anyone coming to the University of Nottingham this September? Gat a lot to sort out... Accommodation and stuffs. Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Jossyxx(f): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
iyelola:

Hi. I am also going to be studying at the University of Nottingham this september for a PhD in Microbiology. I have seen a few 2 room apartments so we could share together if interested. Lets get in touch. Btw, I did my MSc there in 2013 so I have fair knowledge on how life is there smiley

Hello,
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Petitediva14(f): 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jossyxx:
Anyone coming to the University of Nottingham this September? Gat a lot to sort out... Accommodation and stuffs. Any help will be appreciated.

I am coming to university of nottingham this month. Do you have accommodation for rent?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Jossyxx(f): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
Petitediva14:

I am coming to university of nottingham this month. Do you have accommodation for rent?
Not yet, most of the accommodation sites are asking for guarantor details or payment in full. I've seen a good site but they need 2 people in each room (ensuite). So I'm searching for a potential Nigerian roommate, cos those whites have issues.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Petitediva14(f): 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
Jossyxx:

Not yet, most of the accommodation sites are asking for guarantor details or payment in full. I've seen a good site but they need 2 people in each room (ensuite). So I'm searching for a potential Nigerian roommate, cos those whites have issues.

Two people in a room?! Is it a room with two beds and wardrobes? Why two in a room? We can easily look for a two or three bedroom flat or house with another Nigerian or African than two people in a room. Where is the location? I would like one in beeston, very close to the west end gate so that I don't have to enter public transport, just hop on the school bus to my campus which is after QMC.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by iyelola: 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
Petitediva14:

Two people in a room?! Is it a room with two beds and wardrobes? Why two in a room? We can easily look for a two or three bedroom flat or house with another Nigerian or African than two people in a room. Where is the location? I would like one in beeston, very close to the west end gate so that I don't have to enter public transport, just hop on the school bus to my campus which is after QMC.

Hi. I am resuming for a PhD this september. I have a room in a 2bedroom apartment and the 2nd room is currently vacant. The landlord is renting it for £218/month with internet but without other bills. The property is about 10minutes from the Jubilee campus. And for those studying at other campuses, the Uni shuttle can be used to commute.

Here is a link to the property http://www.spareroom.mobi/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=935304&search_id=&city_id=&flatshare_type=offered&search_results=%2Fflatshare%2F%3Ffilter%3Dshortlist%26flatshare_type%3Doffered&

Please contact the landlord if interested his email is legion18@ntlworld.com and phone number is 07989143457 or 07894799220 his name is Mr Anderson.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bidosko(m): 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hi all , will like to ask whether Glo or MTN line roam in the uk
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kennyone: 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
bidosko:
mtn does
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bidosko(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
kennyone:
mtn does
thanks for the info and pls Wc line will be suitable to purchase for BlackBerry
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Petitediva14(f): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
iyelola:

Hi. I am resuming for a PhD this september. I have a room in a 2bedroom apartment and the 2nd room is currently vacant. The landlord is renting it for £218/month with internet but without other bills. The property is about 10minutes from the Jubilee campus. And for those studying at other campuses, the Uni shuttle can be used to commute.

Here is a link to the property http://www.spareroom.mobi/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=935304&search_id=&city_id=&flatshare_type=offered&search_results=%2Fflatshare%2F%3Ffilter%3Dshortlist%26flatshare_type%3Doffered&

Please contact the landlord if interested his email is legion18@ntlworld.com and phone number is 07989143457 or 07894799220 his name is Mr Anderson.

Okay, that is cool but there is no picture of the place. Can you send me some? Thanks. How much would the other bills cost? Can you send me a mail?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by iyelola: 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
Petitediva14:

Okay, that is cool but there is no picture of the place. Can you send me some? Thanks. How much would the other bills cost? Can you send me a mail?

You can email the Landlord and ask him for photos. I do not know how much the bills would cost.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
bidosko:

Glo does and is cheaper than mtn

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by yinkeys(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
deniike:
Pls who would be attending Robert Gordon Uni Aberdeen this September?
hello my dear, bn trying to contact you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by philni055: 5:41am On Sep 06, 2015
Any one in or coming to university of Leeds
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by PweedyB(f): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
worry359:

This shop has reasonable prices and quality.
You can find goods at a local market cheaper, or at fashion stores much more.
http://www.matalan.co.uk/womens/shop-by-category/coats-and-jackets

Posted for advice, not an advertisement!
thanks though I was told the least price I could get it is £60
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
PweedyB:
thanks though I was told the least price I could get it is £60

You can get it less than that depending where you shop. £60 is on the high side though
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by PweedyB(f): 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
justwise:

You can get it less than that depending where you shop. £60 is on the high side though
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by PweedyB(f): 11:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Aus! Would dese immigration guys accept 3cartons of noodles, 4 ziplocks of beans 2 ziplocks of garri 5kg of semo 3 small pieces of poundo yam, frozen palmoil and a paint of yam flour?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.