Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (809783 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by yungreezy: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hi. Thanks. May I ask what course u studied or your friend at kingston?
Lexusgs430:

I attended middlesex university(Hendon campus)and I can tell you, it's a very good university.
My friend attended Kingston university and he loved it.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by iyb(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
Anybody going for Leicester university this January
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lexusgs430: 10:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
yungreezy:
Hi. Thanks. May I ask what course u studied or your friend at kingston?

I studied Business Law. He studied Computer Sciences.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by chilez(f): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2015
crazydove:

Did you defer your admission?or that was the original admission you applied for
Yh i deferred. Sorry dis reply is coming late.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by chilez(f): 9:52am On Oct 19, 2015
yungreezy:
Hey... Seems you're all set to go.. Still have a way to go
Its never too late, its early enuf dis october, at least 3 months to January. Sorry dis reply is coming late
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by lokia(m): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hello everybody

Please any ideas on stores where I can do cash back in London specifically peckham. Or any other idea on how to get money from your Nigerian account without paying bank charges.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
lokia:
Hello everybody

Please any ideas on stores where I can do cash back in London specifically peckham. Or any other idea on how to get money from your Nigerian account without paying bank charges.

Thanks

Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, any high street shop will do that for you just ask before paying for your shopping.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
lokia:
Hello everybody

Thanks

Azimo
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by lokia(m): 5:47am On Oct 26, 2015
justwise:

Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, any high street shop will do that for you just ask before paying for your shopping.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bamjay: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2015
hello nairalanders. i need your urgent help. i am in the process of applying to a uni in canada. my transcript is the problem. i did a one year diploma program in unilag before crossing over to 200 level. i have my transcript from 200-400level but my diploma transcript seems impossible to obtain. house please what do u advice me to do. the school requires a mininmum of 4 years bsc. but my diploma transcript is not available. can i just use the transcript of only 3 years (200-400level)?. though i have my diploma statement of result. can i use the statement of result in place of the diploma transcript?please ur respnses are needed.help...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 11:57am On Oct 26, 2015
bamjay:
hello nairalanders. i need your urgent help. i am in the process of applying to a uni in canada. my transcript is the problem. i did a one year diploma program in unilag before crossing over to 200 level. i have my transcript from 200-400level but my diploma transcript seems impossible to obtain. house please what do u advice me to do. the school requires a mininmum of 4 years bsc. but my diploma transcript is not available. can i just use the transcript of only 3 years (200-400level)?. though i have my diploma statement of result. can i use the statement of result in place of the diploma transcript?please ur respnses are needed.help...

Why ask this question here?
People here can only guess or give their opinion.

Only your school can give a true answer!
You must ask them, then you will know.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bamjay: 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=worry359 post=39374878]

Why ask this question here?
People here can only guess or give their opinion.

Only your school can give a true answer!
You must ask them, then you will know.[/quot

tnks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by jc2xl(m): 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hi my sweethearts, I just got an offer from Conventry University to do an M.Sc. Please what is the accommodation like?? The accommodation fees I'm seeing online 'no be here ooo'. Please is there a better way I can go around it?? Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
jc2xl:
Hi my sweethearts, I just got an offer from Conventry University to do an M.Sc. Please what is the accommodation like?? The accommodation fees I'm seeing online 'no be here ooo'. Please is there a better way I can go around it?? Thank you.

Also got an offer from Coventry University, what's next pls? I know of TB test and statement showing fees and maintenance money for 28 days, am I missing anything else? How far have you gone?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
jc2xl:

You can get accommodation off campus
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by TheZed(m): 7:47am On Nov 10, 2015
Good morning guys, is it possible for someone that has overstayed his visit to the UK to get an accommodation, have a bank account in the UK?, get bank loans from such banks? ,transfer money to his people through any means?, to own a business and even print a business card?, go to church and even be an active member (a worker)? Am just asking this questions out of curiosity.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 7:51am On Nov 10, 2015
TheZed:
Good morning guys, is it possible for someone that has overstayed his visit to the UK to get an accommodation, have a bank account in the UK?, get bank loans from such banks? ,transfer money to his people through any means?, to own a business and even print a business card?, go to church and even be an active member (a worker)? Am just asking this questions out of curiosity.

Anything is possible.
That person will forever be looking out for immigration to catch him and send him home.
Sleepless nights waiting for the door to be opened at 2 am by police and immigration.
No rest for the wicked!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by dechandel(f): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2015
worry359:

Anything is possible.
That person will forever be looking out for immigration to catch him and send him home.
Sleepless nights waiting for the door to be opened at 2 am by police and immigration.
No rest for the wicked!
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by TheZed(m): 10:53am On Nov 10, 2015
worry359:

Anything is possible.
No rest for the wicked!
seriously shocked
worry359:

Anything is possible.
No rest for the wicked!
seriously, cos I was having doubts before.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
TheZed:

Not possible legally because with visiting visa you can't open bank account, rent an accommodation let alone getting a loan. No church will allow you to work for them with visiting visa because they know the consequences.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by TheZed(m): 2:16am On Nov 14, 2015
justwise:

Not possible legally because with visiting visa you can't open bank account, rent an accommodation let alone getting a loan. No church will allow you to work for them with visiting visa because they know the consequences.
That implies the person must be a legal immigrant..
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by yinkeys(m): 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
deniike:
I quite agree no current survival tips here, the students are not really talking things like the favourable bank to set up with or whether it is preferable to swipe cards alone? We don't knw The expensive food items dere, we dnt knw if it would be a waste of time to take some food items, we dont have an updated idea of food items that would be allowed? We don't knw the best telcom to set up with? We dont have enough tips on things 2 look out for when getting dat private accommodation everyone suggets? Apart from reading everyday and plagiarism are there other tips 2 note on "acing" exams? What r doz "new" stuffs dat consume cash quickly what stores are we to avoid? Frm what they've seen with students are there other legal ways to make cash? And there again jobs jobs jobs!!!! We need tips current ones..just 2 give us dat advantage!. Epp!! Make this experience worthwhile
I need to discuss something important with you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
yinkeys:

I need to discuss something important with you

If you have anything worthwhile and legal to say.
Post it here for everyone to learn from.

No to secret messages.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
TheZed:
That implies the person must be a legal immigrant..

Yes legal immigrant but not with visiting visa, to achieve all that you listed you need to hold either student visa, work visa, spouse visa or a permanent resident.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:49am On Nov 15, 2015
jc2xl:

Why not go to another country and study? Why the UK?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:53am On Nov 15, 2015
Alfredd:

Also got an offer from Coventry University, what's next pls? I know of TB test and statement showing fees and maintenance money for 28 days, am I missing anything else? How far have you gone?

Please, unless you are on scholarship, do not come and study in the UK. The government in the UK do not like international students and it is virtually impossible to get a job when you graduate.

For me the essence of international education is to gain some international working experience before you return to your home country.

Please go and study in Canada, Australia or New Zealand. I am saying this from experience

Australia is so accommodating that an engineering graduate from the UK is eligible to apply for an 18 month temporary graduate work permit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by TheZed(m): 8:51am On Nov 15, 2015
justwise:

Yes legal immigrant but not with visiting visa, to achieve all that you listed you need to hold either student visa, work visa, spouse visa or a permanent resident.
alright. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 16, 2015
Thanks for your concern but I will take my chances, plus your reasons for wanting an international education may be different

GeneralShepherd:

Please, unless you are on scholarship, do not come and study in the UK. The government in the UK do not like international students and it is virtually impossible to get a job when you graduate.

For me the essence of international education is to gain some international working experience before you return to your home country.

Please go and study in Canada, Australia or New Zealand. I am saying this from experience

Australia is so accommodating that an engineering graduate from the UK is eligible to apply for an 18 month temporary graduate work permit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2015
Alfredd:

Thanks for your concern but I will take my chances, plus your reasons for wanting an international education may be different

By all means.All the best
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

You may have to calm down with this your ant-UK campaign and allow people to make up their own mind. You have been on this for too long now. People have their reasons for choosing the UK and not Canada, Australia or New Zealand.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.