Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (35374 Views)

Career Women Battle Housemaids’ Sexcapades, Randy Husbands / Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by coogar: 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2012
kbdrim:

When You become Ngozi Iweala, we would consider excusing u from cooking daily meals and from the amount of time u've spent on nairaland already for this topic its obvious u cant be an ngozi. For ur information Ngozi Iweala and Dora Akunyili were on Moments with Mo a couple of years ago and they both admitted their Husbands are their boses at home

i saw the dora interview some years back too. . . . .she admitted she cooks for the husband and her husband is the head.
fashola's wife on teju babyface show also admitted she cooks regularly for her husband.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2012
coogar:

her stinking vomitus!

Give her a break a little. She is getting a hard time from all corners (men and women). Lets wait for her to answer that simple question to see if she has redeemable features. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2012
ronkebp:

@ Queensmith what is wrong with Ngozi Okonjo Iweala running home after a broadcast to cook for her husband

Lets make this a hypothetical, what will Mr Ngozi be doing all this time?
coogar:

i doubt her husband would be cooking for himself as well. . . .it's either the maids do it or ngozi puts herself about and cook for the husband.
no wonder you are still single - no man would put up with your lazy attitude.

I'm not single,.,.,.,.,#thatisall

debrief08:

The Biblical responsibilty and role of a Man is even more than that of the woman. The Chapter of 1st corithians 13 on love is directed at the husband for he was instructed to love his wife, Love is patient love is kind : He should be patient with her and kind to her, Love is not arrogant or rude: No man should be rude and arrogant to his wife, never speak down to her or worse beat her cos he thinks he knows all, Love does not boast and keeps no record of wrong doing: see why i said it was silly and childish for the man to reject his wifes food for 3 weeks, Love bares all things enudres all thing: A husband should bare and endure his wives shortcomings, if you cant have kids you dont go about impregnanting women. If I had all the knowledge in the world could interprete tongues and be like an angel and have no love am nothing.
Because of these instructions to love and how profound it is thats why the bible asks women to be submissive, if a man loves you as instructed above its easy to become proud and concieted, so when he loves you this much you submit to him so no one takses advantage of the other.
Nothing wrong with the Bible, if people could only read it and stop waiting to be spoon fed we will make Gods work in marriages a whole lot easier, save all the fasting and prayers

O God no- I wasnt trying to bring about any definition of a biblical wife/husband David was taking my sarcasm seriously. I don't believe in clinging literally to every word in the bible. We could have a religious debate about this topic that will go on forever. The fact remains, even a bible thumping man cannot pin point anywhere in the it is stated that a man should no join his wife in the domestic duties, especially if she contributes with everything else? I think thats arrogance in itself. So what exactly has a woman gained from being married? Talkless of the physiological burden she will experience when having children. A chore that can in no way be shared? A woman is going through all this for what? and the husband shouldnt pull his weight about the house? I think NOT!
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by coogar: 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

and lady gaga is a virgin!
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

Lets make this a hypothetical, what will Mr Ngozi be doing all this time? I'm not single,.,.,.,.,#thatisall

O God no- I wasnt trying to bring about any definition of a biblical wife/husband David was taking my sarcasm seriously. I don't believe in clinging literally to every word in the bible. We could have a religious debate about this topic that will go on forever. The fact remains, even a bible thumping man cannot pin point anywhere in the it is stated that a man should no join his wife in the domestic duties, especially if she contributes with everything else? I think thats arrogance in itself. So what exactly has a woman gained from being married? Talkless of the physiological burden she will experience when having children. A chore that can in no way be shared? A woman is going through all this for what? and the husband shouldnt pull his weight about the house? I think NOT!

It does not matter what Mr Ngozi will be doing at home, a good woman will always want to know how her husband and family is fairing in every aspect even if she is the president of the Nation. am sure she would have made provisions of what the family will eat even before going for the tv broadcast or wherever.

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

Of course, how could you be single? cheesy
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2012
kbdrim:

When You become Ngozi Iweala, we would consider excusing u from cooking daily meals and from the amount of time u've spent on nairaland already for this topic its obvious u cant be an ngozi. For ur information Ngozi Iweala and Dora Akunyili were on Moments with Mo a couple of years ago and they both admitted their Husbands are their ''boses'' at home.
Queensmith, even ur name gives u up as someone who has an overbloated opinion of herself, QUEEN INDEED,  Signup and let me train u to become a proper wife cos ur parents didnt do a good job, Those white guys no go send u cos if a white man ever picks a black girl to date its because of the very things the white girl wont do for him he will desire in a black woman.

hmmm- is this from a consensus proving everyone on nl is a loser?

How do you know im not a queen  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
Your post is an ignorant one but I won't blame you. You hate the modern society as much as I the backwards penisworship african women give their sons. Not withstanding I maintain I'm no-bodies slave, cook, cleaner, however you want to put it. The 'Nigerian' idea of a virtual wife is unrealistic and sad, a woman can never genuinely be happy and stress free carrying out these burdens alone, and if africans were ruling it soo much with marriage they a) won't have such a high aids rate from extensive promiscuity. (meaning whatever the women are doing in the kitchen certainly isnt making the men stay at home!)
b) The OP won't actually have this problem, and I'm sure many of their newly weds do!
I prefer to be with a white man that respects me as person and doesntl treat me like a maid that an african man that thinks he did me favourby making me his bitch

ronkebp:

It does not matter what Mr Ngozi will be doing at home, a good woman will always want to know how her husband and family is fairing in every aspect even if she is the president of the Nation. am sure she would have made provisions of what the family will eat even before going for the tv broadcast or wherever.
I cant.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.I tried but i can't.
I'm speechless.
davidylan:

Of course, how could you be single? cheesy

exactly what kind of assumption kmt- I totally see why you have no woman though! rotflmao!
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
coogar:

and lady gaga is a virgin!

davidylan:

Of course, how could you be single?  cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You guys are too wicked.

We just need to find out if she has redeemable features.

ronkebp:

Wa'shere! (You go do well!)
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

hmmm- is this from a consensus proving everyone on nl is a loser?

How do you know im not a queen  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
Your post is an ignorant one but I won't blame you. You hate the modern society as much as I the backwards penisworship african women give their sons. Not withstanding I maintain I'm no-bodies slave, cook, cleaner, however you want to put it. The 'Nigerian' idea of a virtual wife is unrealistic and sad, a woman can never genuinely be happy and stress free carrying out these burdens alone, and if africans were ruling it soo much with marriage they a) won't have such a high aids rate from extensive promiscuity. (meaning whatever the women are doing in the kitchen certainly isnt making the men stay at home!)
b) The OP won't actually have this problem, and I'm sure many of their newly weds do!
I prefer to be with a white man that respects me as person and doesntl treat me like a maid that an african man that thinks he did me favourby making me his NaughtyWoman
I cant.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.I tried but i can't.
I'm speechless.
exactly what kind of assumption kmt- I totally see why you have no woman though! rotflmao!

You still haven't told us what is your value proposition that will make a decent man abandon the opportunity of a world of fun with many women and then decide you will be the one for him for the rest of his life despite him having eyes to see many beautiful women every day of his life.

What do you bring to the table that make you a catch and even a better proposition than his selecting another average woman?

Why do you think you deserve or are qualified to be married? What will your husband gain from being married to you?
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
My dear you 'can', don't allow ego and pride to set in, they destroy a lot of things, that does not mean you will not still be 'speree', your family becomes no 1, irrespective of any educational attainment, and your home should be your sanctuary.  cool cool cool cool Forget about men that misbehave in marraige, all that aside, you need to be a ''woman'' in that house and not a 'living doll' cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

Your post is an ignorant one but I won't blame you. You hate the modern society as much as I the backwards penisworship african women give their sons.

Oh pls. You must be living on an alternate universe. Millions of white women (your idea of the modern society by the way) dont think anything of cleaning and cooking for their men on a daily basis combined with their day jobs. Pls spare  us the stomach-churning nonsense about how "modern" you are. My friend had a white fiancee who worked 60hrs/week as a medical therapist and still cooked enough to last 4 grown men an entire week every freaking sunday. Get off your high horse madam doctor. Thankfully the married ones here know better.

Have you been to Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's house? I'm sure she puts you to shame in the home-making department.

You're just incredibly lazy, using the "modern society" cliche as a crutch to justify being the way you are.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2012
snthesis:

u completely missed my point, the so called modern woman a.k.a career woman alias queensmith is completely self-conceited. if you make all d money in d world and offer her to quit her job- she wud find a reason to complain.

@OP
suck it in, find a way to make it work, sort ur self out and stop whinning, u arnt d first career woman to get married duh!!

in my house guys arnt allowed in d kitchen, our ancestors def knew whr a woman's place is tongue
I dont get it? So a woman working is now also the problem? hmmmmmmm

A woman should not want to work? Seriously the stone ages were long ago? where on earth do you people get these ideas? dayum!
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by kbdrim(m): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
davidylan:

Oh pls. You must be living on an alternate universe. Millions of white women (your idea of the modern society by the way) dont think anything of cleaning and cooking for their men on a daily basis combined with their day jobs. Pls spare  us the stomach-churning nonsense about how "modern" you are. My friend had a white fiancee who worked 60hrs/week as a medical therapist and still cooked enough to last 4 grown men an entire week every freaking sunday. Get off your high horse madam doctor. Thankfully the married ones here know better.

U watch too many movies sweetheart, A love film last approximately 2 hours and yet you wonder why relationships last more than two hours. Dnt be more English than the English, I've got many white colleagues who cook meals for their men, Everyone here cannot be wrong about this. A wise person yields to counsel. Even the white career women will tell u they wish they do more than they are doing now. they wont scoff at homemaking like u are doing.
Again, U havent even accomplished jack just yet,  DR Queen
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
davidylan:

Have you been to Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's house? I'm sure she puts you to shame in the home-making department.

You're just incredibly lazy, using the "modern society" cliche as a crutch to justify being the way you are.

You have a habit of making up senseless statistics that do everything but prove your point. I know for a FACT (not to even talk of white women to talk of the british culture in its diversity) They DO NOT carry the belief of women sitting at home doing everything the husband says!Even the HOUSEWIVES of a western society is the one that handles the husbands pay check.
Dont try and insinuate white women behave or reason ANYTHING LIKE Nigerian women do, try asking this question on a different forum and see what responses you get.
It goes to show, Ngozi isn't famous for home making skills, and what she's famous for isn't learnt during cookery class.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by AjanleKoko: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2012
LOL.
Women are having challenges with cooking and cleaning time, and here they are complaining on NL grin
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by hbabe(f): 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
Thanks for the tips, I will apply them.

AjanleKoko:

LOL.
Women are having challenges with cooking and cleaning time, and here they are complaining on NL grin
I was not complaing but seeking advice from those who have been able to conquer what I am facing.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2012
white women cook? I laugh in japanese. . . .kmt seriously David your soo full of it it's unbelievable.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by r231(m): 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^^^of cus white woman cook undecided undecided
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by coogar: 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

white women cook? I laugh in japanese. . . .kmt seriously David your soo full of it it's unbelievable.

shaking my head. . . .
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by queensmith: 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
r231:

^^^^^of cus white woman cook undecided undecided

no no no no no- Not in the way African women do. I crave to see the day a full time working white woman spend a whole day in the kitchen,. . .I crave it!

You watch come dine with me? You see the antics these women pull? Throwing sainsburys ready made lasagne into the microwave is not cooking my friend. And yes I realise I'm stereotyping, I've never met a white woman ran like a slave. . . never! Don't get me wrong some of them will do domestics like the olden days but this is commonly the housewives.

The way british households are run- immaculate! absolutely no inequality whatsoever. even if the woman is the one throwing the food into the microwave or whatnot. everybody has a role. Nobody is sitting his arse down waiting for the woman to return to work. Absolutely immaculate!
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by r231(m): 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

no no no no no- Not in the way African women do. I crave to see the day a full time working white woman spend a whole day in the kitchen,. . .I crave it!

You watch come dine with me? You see the antics these women pull? Throwing sainsburys ready made lasagne into the microwave is not cooking my friend. And yes I realise I'm stereotyping, I've never met a white woman ran like a slave. . . never! Don't get me wrong some of them will do domestics like the olden days but this is commonly the housewives.

The way british households are run- immaculate! absolutely no inequality whatsoever. even if the woman is the one throwing the food into the microwave or whatnot. everybody has a role. Nobody is sitting his arse down waiting for the woman to return to work. Absolutely immaculate!

Now you talking TV grin grin
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

You have a habit of making up senseless statistics that do everything but prove your point. I know for a FACT (not to even talk of white women to talk of the british culture in its diversity) They DO NOT carry the belief of women sitting at home doing everything the husband says!Even the HOUSEWIVES of a western society is the one that handles the husbands pay check.
Dont try and insinuate white women behave or reason ANYTHING LIKE Nigerian women do, try asking this question on a different forum and see what responses you get.
It goes to show, Ngozi isn't famous for home making skills, and what she's famous for isn't learnt during cookery class.

Which Western society?

queensmith:

Who cooks in most western households?
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by kbdrim(m): 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2012
r231:

Now you talking TV grin grin

No  mind am, She's just been a baby, she go learn, Her life na movie, The west have so lost their cultural identity and dont even know where they are anymore, Divorce rates are higher than ever. Kids have no respect for parents, Just lazying around without a sense of focus leaving off benefits from Govt, The world today is moving towards the east, China, Indian and the south east Nations, See how these countries value family Life and some ediots are so proud of the mordern western culture.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Outstrip(f): 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2012
See delusions. Of course white women cook. They cook balogna sandwiches and their husbands eat it and say thank you. The avearge time it takes to cook an average Nigerian meal is nothing compared to slapping two slices of bread together and adding a slice od cheese. It is not really a matter of if white women cook or not. At the end of the day it comes down to the culture. Western culture is more supportive of equality in a marriage partnership. Those saying that Okongo Iweala and Akunliyi cook for their husbands all I have to say to you is that if they are really spending the time required by their positions then they are 100% not cooking for her their husbands. How long was Okonjo Iweala not even living in the same country as her husband. Something that the typical western woman will never do unless in extreme cases. I see everybodys point but lets just keep it real. When the average Nigerian chick with no children already has thoughts of getting a maid it is Akunliyi and Okonjo Iweala that will not have one. SMH.

Also in the spirit of keeping it real it is a fact that white married women tend to sit home for a while and sometimes and I would even say many times in my experience indefinitely. White women embrace more the idea of staying home and not working even when the husband does not make that much. Typically they also will handle the family expenses. The man knows what they spend based on what wifey says will be spent. I know the typical Nigerian man will see this as bossy but the man himself for the most part just see it as a role in keeping the family above water. This is the reality for the majority of americans. The middle class that a just getting by.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2012
Thank God some of us too are able to go to Obodo Oyinbo and see white people live

Else they would have made us believe whites dont shiit.

Someone asking if white women cook? Then maybe white people dont eat

Contrary to what many people believe, In Texas for example, The real conservative white women are even more domestic than other races.

Actually its the blacks that carry the feminism thing on their head and the worse are those who learn the new concept of feminism without knowing what it entails.

White women cook the food their families eat. They spend hours baking, making all those turkey whatever they eat

As an aside:

Something funny came on TV recently and I remembered some women argument here.

I heard Rick Santorum has 7 children, But if it was a Nigerian man that has 7 kids, Someone would already start saying "Nigerian men turn their wives to baby factories"
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Sagamite(m): 7:24pm On Feb 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Thank God some of us too are able to go to Obodo Oyinbo and see white people live

Contrary to what many people believe, In Texas for example, The real conservative white women are even more domestic than other races.

Actually its the blacks that carry the feminism thing on their head and the worse are those who learn the new concept of feminism without knowing what it entails.

White women cook the food their families eat. They spend hours baking, making all those turkey whatever they eat

As an aside:

I heard Rick Santorum has 7 children, But if it was a Nigerian man that has 7 kids, Someone would already start saying "Nigerian men turn their wives to baby factories"

Thank you for every sentence. grin
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by ronkebp(f): 7:30pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Thank you for every sentence. grin

birds of a feather.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
queensmith:

what a stup[i]i[/i]d and self denigrating comment. Of course white women cook and very well too.

queensmith:

You must be watching too much TV.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
White women dont cook,

Manna falls from heaven into their dining table every day cheesy cheesy

Do white people sleep, Do they bleed, Do they shiit, Do they have babies, Do they sneeze?

And summarily is it true that White people are celestial?
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
They cook, but their husbands are more helpful. cheesy
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
dayokanu:

As an aside:

No mind the id[i]i[/i]ot. I wonder whether she thinks she is speaking to folks who have never left Ibadan in their entire lives.
The ordinary chilli and beef stew takes no less than 4 hrs minimum and sometimes over 24 hours slow cooking. Baking takes hours and i know white girls who bake every weekend. Yeah white women dont cook, they order chinese straight from Shanghai instead.
Re: How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
dayokanu:

White women dont cook,

Manna falls from heaven into their dining table every day cheesy cheesy

Do white people sleep, Do they bleed, Do they shiit, Do they have babies, Do they sneeze?

And summarily is it true that White people are celestial?

western/modern/civilized (AKA white) people cant shit. that is reserved for backward (AKA black) folks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / My Sister Beats My Mum, Guys What I'm I To Do? / Nonuplets: Halima Cisse, Malian Woman Gives Birth To Nine Babies In Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.