Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8127484 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 4:13pm On May 26, 2016
JUMAYIN:
gm mamas,plx help us torchlight this matter coz d same is happening to me here,bn waiting to read sabi mamas response o
I ll advise u both visit d hospital if possible plz carry out a test to rule out infection.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 4:18pm On May 26, 2016
Happy birthday to our birthday mamas.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 4:41pm On May 26, 2016
Chinwendym:
Mzfunshy sabi mamas will come and answer you and beremx soon if your lo's can still start the rota at 4months lemme me cc soonest as well.

I read somewhere that its most effective if given b4 15wks of age but since d schedule is to be completed b4 8mths of age, she can giv it a try. Pls confirm from your healthcare provider too.

Greetings to all new mamas, belleful and vigilante mamas here. Una sabi gist sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 4:45pm On May 26, 2016
Thank you all for the birthday wishes, God bless u for me.
You guys won't believe I am typing from hospital bed now, devil wanted to strike again but God is greater than him.
After posting here I decided to bathed in preparation for work,lo and behold water started gushing out of my vagina,it was with haste I woke Dh up and we headed for d hospital. Luckily for me I met d consultant he requested for vaginal examination coz deh were already diagnosing PROM( I reject it for every mothers here ijn), deh later discovered dat wat I was seeing was vaginal discharge coming out in form of water( in fact deh z d discharge is plenty),he ordered for a swab test still waiting for result, I also did scan baby is doing fine, OS is closed and amniotic fluid is adequate bt deh've spoilt my hands with drip coz deh couldn't locate my vein easily. Whether devil like it or not come September 2016 my Testimony ll be perfected.

40 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rosybabyy: 4:51pm On May 26, 2016
Goodday wonderful mamas hope your LOs are doing well; @Anak123 I sent you a PM embarassed embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 4:57pm On May 26, 2016
My madam@ the moment scatterin

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 5:00pm On May 26, 2016
Blessedmum:
You guys won't believe I am typing from hospital bed now, devil wanted to strike again but God is greater than him.
After posting here I decided to bathed in preparation for work,lo and behold water started gushing out of my vagina,it was with haste I woke Dh up and we headed for d hospital. Luckily for me I met d consultant he requested for vaginal examination coz deh were already diagnosing PROM( I reject it for every mothers here ijn), deh later discovered dat wat I was seeing was vaginal discharge coming out in form of water( in fact deh z d discharge is plenty),he ordered for a swab test still waiting for result, I also did scan baby is doing fine, OS is closed and amniotic fluid is adequate bt deh've spoilt my hands with drip coz deh couldn't locate my vein easily. Whether devil like it or not come September 2016 my Testimony ll be perfected.
T devil has already failed concerning u,wen I saw ur post earlier my heart drew strongly to it,i didn't know y but I felt restless bout it. The battle has been won already. Pls if u re a Christian or Muslim start singing praises. U are coming out victorious,enough of sad news on here because d devil has failed. Lotta luv

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 5:01pm On May 26, 2016
Blessedmum:
The devil has already failed concerning u,wen I saw ur post earlier my heart drew strongly to it,i didn't know y but I felt restless bout it. The battle has been won already. Pls if u re a Christian or Muslim start singing praises. U are coming out victorious,enough of sad news on here because d devil has failed. Lotta luv

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 26, 2016
maureensylvia:

pls what is its importance? enlighten me
Its a vaccine that protects babies from a severe form of diarrhea caused by a virus called Rota. Causes include Vomiting, stooling, dehydration and fever which often leads to infant death. The first dose is usually started at 6 weeks and its taken by MOUTH ONLY! (as a drop)not INJECTED!
As babies start to crawl they pick up a lot of things from the ground into their mouth so its important to give your baby this vaccine, another side benefit of it is that your baby will teeth well! That is no sickness or excess crying.
It is expensive sha! When I went for my sons 6 week schedule and the nurse told me that penta1 is 250naira sharperly I say give am cheesy then she said do I want the "specials" thinking it will be like 250 naira as well na so I say give am nah! My mum who was with me screamed when the nurse said its #17500! shocked omo na so we say no o! We don't want thinking dey want to dupe us embarassed grin grin.
I came here and sabi mamas encouraged me to go give him that its the same price everywhere Lolz.

If you can afford it please give your baby but take note your baby will have to take the full dose for it to be effective and that's like 17500×3! Unless your hospital has the other type called ROTARIX which is only for 2 schedule.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 26, 2016
Blessedmum the Lord of Host has taken charge! You will carry to term and deliver safely in Jesus name amen! Please adhere to your doctors order o! Your baby is covererd with the Blood of Jesus!!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 5:31pm On May 26, 2016
U will carry to term at blessed mum, fellow team September, ....... D Lord is ur strength

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 5:35pm On May 26, 2016
Wow Chinwedym, ur hospital dey charge for d rota o. I got mine for 7650 per dose.
The first dose shld b given b4 the child s 15wks. pls copy the person who asked d question.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 5:44pm On May 26, 2016
@chinwendym d tin cost shaa but as u talk ah go do after all who no want d best for I'm baby? there is another one u mentioned, penta...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummide: 5:50pm On May 26, 2016
Pls mama's ,any idea on which brand of inverter is d best?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 26, 2016
maureensylvia:
@chinwendym d tin cost shaa but as u talk ah go do after all who no want d best for I'm baby? there is another one u mentioned, penta...
There's Penta 1 2 3! Which is scheduled at 6 10 and 14 weeks along side the others like OPV which is free.
Note that 17500 covers for Pcv and Rota! Rota alone is like 7500.

Tchiwinnie its the same I bundled it up with Pcv cost! Cos my son took the combo. Thanks sis how's Ebube? Hope to see him on tonight's thread cutties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 6:02pm On May 26, 2016
tchiwinnie:
Wow Chinwedym, ur hospital dey charge for d rota o. I got mine for 7650 per dose.
The first dose shld b given b4 the child s 15wks. pls copy the person who asked d question.

Is it possible to get the vaccine in a pharmacy and give the baby myself or I need Community Health attendant to do it for me. I won't mind asking if EBUS has it, but they usually sell with Doctor's prescription.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 6:12pm On May 26, 2016
All this Rota, Rotarix, penta and pcv e.t.c that you mama's are talking about is good sha, at least we upcoming mama's are learning. I have even written them down ....incase of necessity.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 26, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 6:19pm On May 26, 2016
I eventually too half bottle of the castor oil this morning and I poo like 7 times , watery stool. But no contraction and stomach pain. I went back to clinic to tell them about the result , the nurses were annoyed because I was told to use the full bottle but I was scared of the side effects. So she did vaginal examination and told me my cervix is still closed that if I had listened to them , it would have been open by now. So I was told to buy another bottle and this time I must drink the whole content at once on Sunday and I shld also get ready for induction on Monday. Why haven't I seen any signs or show till now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 7:24pm On May 26, 2016
Dont know if am in Vexing mood angry angry or crying mood cry cry
Today is not bumpy Tuesday oo but I just took this selfie and I feel like crying embarassed embarassed embarassed. Is this my skin? Which kind marks be this? This my shea butter doesn't seem to be helping ooo. Somebody tell me it will clear please cry cry cry
Chai....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 26, 2016
shawrygal:
I eventually too half bottle of the castor oil this morning and I poo like 7 times , watery stool. But no contraction and stomach pain. I went back to clinic to tell them about the result , the nurses were annoyed because I was told to use the full bottle but I was scared of the side effects. So she did vaginal examination and told me my cervix is still closed that if I had listened to them , it would have been open by now. So I was told to buy another bottle and this time I must drink the whole content at once on Sunday and I shld also get ready for induction on Monday. Why haven't I seen any signs or show till now.
Don't be offended but are you sure you are using a real hospital? Why ask you to take another bottle of castor oil and then come Monday for inducement? Is castor oil not meant to induce? Will this extra one not be putting too much pressure on your baby? Please go seek a second opinion in another hospital, Monday will make you a full 14 days over due.

Gaily04 vaccines are not bought over the counter! If you find them in a pharmacy chances of it being properly stored is zero! Moreover I doubt its allowed for pharmacies to stock them. Why do you want to administer it yourself?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 7:34pm On May 26, 2016
shawrygal:
I eventually So I was told to buy another bottle and this time I must drink the whole content at once on Sunday and I shld also get ready for induction on Monday. Why haven't I seen any signs or show till now.
Since they have booked you for induction already on Monday you can afford to take the full bottle on Sunday being that you are heading to the hospital on Monday. But dont fail to ask for the induction on Monday ooo. You should be long over due by now....Relax your mind. Baby will come. You will share the Goodnews soon
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by orney(f): 7:42pm On May 26, 2016
Blessedmum:
The devil is a liar,he will never succeed in his plans,u shall deliver safely at your due time in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 7:43pm On May 26, 2016
[quote author=Chinwendym post=45997212]Don't be offended but are you sure you are using a real hospital? Why ask you to take another bottle of castor oil and then come Monday for inducement? Is castor oil not meant to induce? Will this extra one not be putting too much pressure on your baby? Please go seek a second opinion in another hospital, Monday will make you a full 14 days over due.
Am using a govt health centre .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 7:45pm On May 26, 2016
It ws nt easy coughing out that money three times ooooo.ours ws 19.5k *3 but it ws worth it.my baby has 4 tooth n i didnt even see it coming untill it ws out.
My sis e no easy to afford with dis change way dey town.
Chinwendym:
Its a vaccine that protects babies from a severe form of diarrhea caused by a virus called Rota. Causes include Vomiting, stooling, dehydration and fever which often leads to infant death. The first dose is usually started at 6 weeks and its taken by MOUTH ONLY! (as a drop)not INJECTED!
As babies start to crawl they pick up a lot of things from the ground into their mouth so its important to give your baby this vaccine, another side benefit of it is that your baby will teeth well! That is no sickness or excess crying.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 7:49pm On May 26, 2016
Mummide:
Pls mama's ,any idea on which brand of inverter is d best?
Is it d battery or the invater itself?
If its battary i will recommend exulted eagle gel battary n d invater sukam n luminous are good
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 8:02pm On May 26, 2016
@ma'am Chinwendym, felt I could administer it since its not an injection. The pharmacy is very big and trustworthy, that's where I have been getting rhogam. I will call to find out its availability, cos not all PHCs will even have the ROTA and Pneumococal vaccines or some may have not heard about it, I have a CHO that I will make enquiries from.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by airforcewife(f): 8:02pm On May 26, 2016
christybabe:
All this Rota, Rotarix, penta and pcv e.t.c that you mama's are talking about is good sha, at least we upcoming mama's are learning. I have even written them down ....incase of necessity.

That u mentioned writing it, I just did too! U never know
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 8:05pm On May 26, 2016
luscioustrish:

Amen oh..my able captain.

Teamie! Where av u been? It's been a while o...hope you are ok?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 8:10pm On May 26, 2016
BritneyStacy:
Today is not bumpy Tuesday oo but I just took this selfie and I feel like crying embarassed embarassed embarassed. Is this my skin? Which kind marks be this? This my shea butter doesn't seem to be helping ooo. Somebody tell me it will clear please cry cry cry
Chai....
the stretch marks might not clear immediately after birth. abeg no vex o! make baby come out first. grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 8:10pm On May 26, 2016
CovenantBabies:

My dear, me too dey search for the morning sickness o seriously, but truth is I don't want it! The earlier high fever was likely malaria, so went to my gyne & he gave me anti-malaria drug & chemiron & am back to my normal self. If not that I know am preggy, plus occassional cramps, I don't feel anything o.
How ur side? Pls what drugs & supplements are you on now?

Pls mamas is it normal not to have any symptoms yet or morning sickness? How many mg of folic acid shud I be on now & which supplements are recommended? joo o make una no vex abeg we need help.

Am wondering too when the metformin & cyclogest would be stopped.

Cc Mama Zaynie, All sabi Mama
Thnks my sister, am fyn oo. Still no ms but wen I calculated, I ovulated late so my 6 weeks actually starts 2day regardless of af so still waiting n very dizzy. Am currently on pregnacare original, metformin n Vit B6 (for progesterone support). Mamas sed its not bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 8:11pm On May 26, 2016
BritneyStacy:
Chai....

This is called your mark of honour! Keep calm and enjoy it, weda it clears or not is irrelevant! It reminds u of wat it takes to birth a child. Remember pple are willing to do anything to see x10 of those marks!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.