Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8128296 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:25am On May 27, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:38am On May 27, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 6:45am On May 27, 2016
CovenantBabies:
Ok @Sixx, so ur not taking extra folic acid with the pregnacare. Thought it was said the folic acid in it is little?

Mamas, pls what's the recommended dose of folic acid please & also what combination of prenatals are better? Am thinking of using pregnacare with extra 400mcg or 800mcg folic acid and 1000mg Calcium or folic acid, ferrous, and 1000mg Calcium. They only gave me chemiron at the private hospital I use. I checked, the chemiron has 2mg folic acid in it, but am just skeptical taking chemiron alone as prenatal during pregnancy. I feel they prefer giving chemiron at that hospital cos chemiron is cheap for them.
Please is it wise taking chemiron alone as prenatal or what other better supplements should I do? Abeg na beg a dey beg o, make una no ignore me pls.
I've also been purging with stomach pain since the past two days. Pls is this normal? Although I took dry bread last night to help stop the purge. It worked a little but still having occasional stomach pains.
Pls is this a part of the package & what do I do?

Cc Zaynie, Modath, Ozycy, Chinwendym, Tchiwinnie, Britneystacy, Gaily04, Iomoge2, Feddy27
Yes I heard dt d folic in pregnacare is not enof but I had bought it already n I culdnt gut supplement of jst folic acid alone its always mixed. If I get eventually fyn, if I don't I wait wen I finish ds one I get d one of 800mcg. Me too I hv been purging oo. Toh let's assume its part of d package but sabi mamas will answer u so I can CC too.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutie999(f): 6:58am On May 27, 2016
enkaydewdrop:
Mamas, GenyEbere, Beremx, Chinwendym, chizeal, Amhappy, christybabe, raptor2, thanks a lot.
I'm fine...
Mama zaynie has replied me and is on top of the situation. The SOS was for someone else, it just really got to me and made me sad...
Thanks so much mamas for your concern...
It is well...

Let me crawl back...

Fear eyaff catch me. Pele love. Me sef dey crawl back

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:01am On May 27, 2016
Hajarahbadmus, where are you sis.
How are u?
Pop in abeg

Covenantbabies, you need 400mcg of Folic acid in the first 3 months of pregnancy and 600 mcg for subsequent months.
Overdosing on folic acid has more cons than pros.

The best you can do is eat a lil of liver and lots leafy greens....the darker, the better....they contain natural folate which is easily absorbed by the body and support with 400mcg of folic acid.

Also cramps are totally part of the package until they become unbearable or are accompanied with bleeding.

cc: Sixx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 7:17am On May 27, 2016
Immediately I got my bfp confirmed at the hospital, my doctor placed me on folic acid and ferrous sulphate tabs. My aunt who is a doctor recommended that I add pregnacare plus cos I may not b eating well and my baby needs a lot of vItamins. So in total I have been taking folic acid + ferrous sulphate+ pregnacare plus.

As per your purging issue, I am a first time mum so I don't have so much experience, but one thing I remember is my mum always tells me not to take anything that will make me purge. I have been dealing with constipation which she says is normal (my mum and I have similar pregnancy symptoms), so once it starts she tells me to take fruits but not in excess, so as not to purge. I think other experienced Mamas will enlighten u more on that matter.

Pele dear...It is well.

CovenantBabies:
Ok @Sixx, so ur not taking extra folic acid with the pregnacare. Thought it was said the folic acid in it is little?

Mamas, pls what's the recommended dose of folic acid please & also what combination of prenatals are better? Am thinking of using pregnacare with extra 400mcg or 800mcg folic acid and 1000mg Calcium or folic acid, ferrous, and 1000mg Calcium. They only gave me chemiron at the private hospital I use. I checked, the chemiron has 2mg folic acid in it, but am just skeptical taking chemiron alone as prenatal during pregnancy. I feel they prefer giving chemiron at that hospital cos chemiron is cheap for them.
Please is it wise taking chemiron alone as prenatal or what other better supplements should I do? Abeg na beg a dey beg o, make una no ignore me pls.
I've also been purging with stomach pain since the past two days. Pls is this normal? Although I took dry bread last night to help stop the purge. It worked a little but still having occasional stomach pains.
Pls is this a part of the package & what do I do?

Cc Zaynie, Modath, Ozycy, Chinwendym, Tchiwinnie, Britneystacy, Gaily04, Iomoge2, Feddy27

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 7:30am On May 27, 2016
I don't know o! I always say get all you can at the right age.
Chinwendym:
Maybe dey don't offer it there! Cos if they do it would have been suggested to you. I really don't know if its late at 4 months. Senior lovinam , senior modath abeg shook mouth for this one.
How's my bobosky doing?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:50am On May 27, 2016
lovinam:
I don't know o! I always say get all you can at the right age.
How's my bobosky doing?
Thanks ma'am! He is fine.

Covenant babies 400mcg folic acid is okay for now which the prrgnacare has, you may up it to 600mcg later. Take lots of dark leafy greens to augment the chemiron. Drink milk or eat biscuit bone for your calcium! If you can't stomach them then ask your doctor yo write you a prescription for calcium tabs with the right dosese!. The purging is part of the package and will stop! Drink lots of water( no need for medicine) but if it becomes unbearable with severe cramps see your doctor.

Ma'am Zaynie liver is high on vitamin A (retinol)Which could be toxic for a growing foetus! Let her get her iron supplement from greens and other food sources .
Goodmorn y'all kiss

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 8:22am On May 27, 2016
Blessedmum:

I ll advise u both visit d hospital if possible plz carry out a test to rule out infection.
my doc gave me polygnax pessaries to be taken for 7 days,is this safe? Abeg don't read n pass,its urgent plx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:25am On May 27, 2016
JUMAYIN:
my doc gave me polygnax pessaries to be taken for 7 days,is this safe? Abeg don't read n pass,its urgent plx
Yep! Insert with your hand please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:39am On May 27, 2016
Full of hopes and dream, you are my treasure chest! Amongst everyone out there you are my very best.

Full of laughs and cheer, you are my gift box! With your contagious smile you help me to detox.

Full of love and affection, you are my biggest reward!
For giving me a son like you, I'll always say EkenediriChukwu!

Happy CHILDrens day dear son! Your very first one, I love you to the moon and back Mon Cherie coco cool kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rukkington(f): 8:45am On May 27, 2016
Chinwendym:
Thanks ma'am! He is fine.
Covenant babies 400mcg folic acid is okay for now which the prrgnacare has, you may up it to 600mcg later. Take lots of dark leafy greens to augment the chemiron. Drink milk or eat biscuit bone for your calcium! If you can't stomach them then ask your doctor yo write you a prescription for calcium tabs with the right dosese!. The purging is part of the package and will stop! Drink lots of water( no need for medicine) but if it becomes unbearable with severe cramps see your doctor.
Ma'am Zaynie liver is high on vitamin A! Which could be toxic for a growing foetus! Let her get her iron supplement from greens and other food sources .
Goodmorn y'all kiss

Morning mama
Pls, is 5mg of folic acid enough cos dat is wat am taking presently with other drugs.
I also want to know if it's normal not to feel pregnant. I only feel sleepy frequently and my appetite increase a little. That is d only symptom I am having.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 8:57am On May 27, 2016
JUMAYIN:
I havent heard abt d drug bt am currently on klovina(not sure if I get d spelling right,ll modify once I check),cannestine pessaries is ok as well.

Modified

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mymoneygrows(f): 8:58am On May 27, 2016
Joysa:

hahahaha.. my dh too can fear dat kain tin during 4play but at other times, he delights in tellin me d different body parts popping out.

sounds like an interesting game.
Mine will say ' you see what i have been telling you? These children are beginning to sense what is happening'
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:00am On May 27, 2016
Rukkington:

Morning mama
Pls, is 5mg of folic acid enough cos dat is wat am taking presently with other drugs.
I also want to know if it's normal not to feel pregnant. I only feel sleepy frequently and my appetite increase a little. That is d only symptom I am having.
It's very normal not to feel pregnant! ?Modified* 5mg is above RDA! Sorry for the mixup embarassed what you need is 400mcg! It's very important.

Thank you tchiwinnie and larrytoks! I've modified.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 9:03am On May 27, 2016
Chinwendym:
Full of hopes and dream, you are my treasure chest! Amongst everyone out there you are my very best.

Full of laughs and cheer, you are my gift box! With your contagious smile you help me to detox.

Full of love and affection, you are my biggest reward!
For giving me a son like you, I'll always say EkenediriChukwu!

Happy CHILDrens day dear son! Your very first one, I love you to the moon and back Mon Cherie coco cool kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
What a cutie! muaaah!!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:13am On May 27, 2016
@ Chinwendym, I understand. The explanation is long and I will come over later to explain.

This is why we need NurseKaffy o!
Usually, I never recommend drugs, I am all for the natural way of doing things. wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 9:19am On May 27, 2016
Ekene, forever a cutie. I saw a baby girl at KFC yesterday, so fair, fresh and cute. And when she smiled, oh my God, I just wanted to run away with her. She reminded me of Ekene.

In other news, my colostrum has been coming out for some weeks now, only when I squeeze my nipples. Is that normal, I'm due end of august, i don't want the good stuff to finish before my baby gets here o.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 9:29am On May 27, 2016
Chinwendym:
Yep! Insert with your hand please.
thanks ma'am,I really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by larrytoks: 9:35am On May 27, 2016
Thanks sis. May God see us through successfully. No worry I stand gidigba with July wink this bobo must cooperate grin
BritneyStacy:

You never gimme some oo make I give you half seat in my class as your leg dey one in July and one in August oo... wink cheesy grin
The pelvic pains is sometimes part of pregnancy package ooo especially as the pregnancy progresses oo. The growing baby puts alot of pressure on your pelvic area resulting in pains. Avoid sudden and abrupt movements ....like jumping out of bed.
Manage...we will soon bring our babies forth

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 9:37am On May 27, 2016
Gaily04:

Did you also use Obio?
no it was a private hosp
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 9:49am On May 27, 2016
limsycutey:
Ekene, forever a cutie. I saw a baby girl at KFC yesterday, so fair, fresh and cute. And when she smiled, oh my God, I just wanted to run away with her. She reminded me of Ekene.

In other news, my colostrum has been coming out for some weeks now, only when I squeeze my nipples. Is that normal, I'm due end of august, i don't want the good stuff to finish before my baby gets here o.
yes it's normal. before you squeeze out all the colostrum, abeg reserve the one baby go suck o! grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 9:52am On May 27, 2016
mymoneygrows:

sounds like an interesting game.
Mine will say ' you see what i have been telling you? These children are beginning to sense what is happening'

lol @ ur dh.. abi o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 10:27am On May 27, 2016
Beremx:
yes it's normal. before you squeeze out all the colostrum, abeg reserve the one baby go suck o! grin
Lol, OK o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Haleematm(f): 10:47am On May 27, 2016
wonderful mamas good morning how d go dey go? sept mammas how una dey? i dey throway salute!
june mammas hope u are prepared already cos it almost ur turn abeg make it snappy i cant wait to see my prince come sept wink. may God grant us safe delivery. this third trimester is not easy atall. my first and second were free infact i keep asking myself if truely im pregnant but now itslike it now skyrocket to the third. i get very tired easily. cant walk for ten mins wtout breathing hard or complaining of tiredness. sometimes i feel like i cant move my legs atall. my fingers too are painful when i fold dm sometimes. d rate at which i now feel hungry has become something else. ehmmmmm yet i was told its part of d package God will see us through. mother, baby nd daddy alive healthy nd rejoicing

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:00am On May 27, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 11:00am On May 27, 2016

30 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:01am On May 27, 2016
Double post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 11:03am On May 27, 2016
limsycutey:

Mine has been leaking since I was 4months,especially wen I sleep,complained to my doc and he said that's how my body Works. It mostly happens to peeps with smaller breast.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:06am On May 27, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 11:08am On May 27, 2016
Haleematm:
wonderful mamas good morning how d go dey go? sept mammas how una dey? i dey throway salute!
june mammas hope u are prepared already cos it almost ur turn abeg make it snappy i cant wait to see my prince come sept wink. may God grant us safe delivery. this third trimester is not easy atall. my first and second were free infact i keep asking myself if truely im pregnant but now itslike it now skyrocket to the third. i get very tired easily. cant walk for ten mins wtout breathing hard or complaining of tiredness. sometimes i feel like i cant move my legs atall. my fingers too are painful when i fold dm sometimes. d rate at which i now feel hungry has become something else. ehmmmmm yet i was told its part of d package God will see us through. mother, baby nd daddy alive healthy nd rejoicing
If u have already entered ur third trimester,shouldn't u be an August mama,abi how many weeks u take calculate.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:10am On May 27, 2016
CovenantBabies, Pregnacare Max actually has everything. No need to take anything extra. That's what i have been taking. Drs only recommend extra dose of folic acid for those carrying multiples. You can decide to add the folic acid if ure not satisfied with the dose in it. But every other thing is there. Don't overdose yourself sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.