Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:25 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8045832 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by champs: 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2012
I hope to be here soon in Jesus name,Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 4:28pm On Mar 09, 2012
@ tessybaby welcome and safe delivery to you, almost term @ 37 weeks you are almost there

@ idprincess i am not sure where that is im in PH city. well we are here for emotional support, it seems that you are able to care for the baby on your own because you are working, wishing you a happy and healthy 40 weeks

@ champs Amen ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2012
Lol sorry. I am in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2012
idprincess:

Lol sorry. I am in Lagos.

idk Lagos very well, but i hope you will sort it out before the baby arrives, so you both will settle in nicely
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2012
Am in love wit dis topic already. Am in my 30th week and honestly I can't wait to give birth. My husband wants a girl while I wanted a boy bt I've jst found out that my baby is a girl. I am so happy and I want to see my baby like now now, labour pain does scare me though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2012
I haven't been thr but I think d way to go about it is to read up on wat to expect and take it whn it comes. Worrying ahead won't make it less painful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sirniyeh(m): 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2012
As many people reading this thread and are pregnant, I decree as an Oracle of God that you shall deliver safely with both mother and baby alive and the spirit of God will not depart from you. To those who shared their encounters in this thread, from now on, the joy of God will not cease from you. To those seeking partners, the power that connects heaven and earth will connect you  before April 1. All in Jesus Name.

There is no sure motive power that removes sorrow, struggle etc like the TRUTH. The truth is that WATER did not come from above with dirts, germs, colour, virus; water becomes polluted as soon as it reaches the soil. This is the case of pregnancy.
God is awesome, He is not a man who will do wicked things, He has no favourite. But when many women encounter severe complications that lead to the story of sorrow, we need to ask ourselves questions. It's written that many perish for lack of knowledge. I pray that you will not perish IJN.
To the issue of pregnancy, there are lots of things to know among which include
1. High level of sugar in the body affects pregnancy. Even it has negative effects on man's sperm as well.
2. Infection either from toilet, while menstrate, during abortion, intercourse while pregnant, has horror effects on pregnancy development.
3. Self medication, patronizing the quarks doctors during anti-natal also has negative effect.
4. Emotional distress, over stress and hectic depression also affect.
5. STI Spiritual-Transmitive-Infection (is it strange?) also affects.
6. Blood group( I dont want to mention a particular BG not to cause family unrest) but research, a BG always has sorrowfull complication unless by His Mercy and Grace.
7. Hereditary.

Finally, this life is all about cause and effect. I can not explain all. But get a book "The Mysteries In Womanity" published in USA by Dorrance Publisher. Available online, in www.amazon.com, www.redleadbooks.com. It is a must read!
May it be WELL with you IJN
enquiry: saintchrst@yahoo.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kayswag100(m): 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2012
@Idprincess am so sorry abt d dad of ur baby @ least u hv ur family. Mine was smhw d other way round I had my hubby's support bt my family was a lot harsh on me bt I thank God they hv finally accepted my daughter and r happy for me. Bt I tell u d first 20wks was nt easy, evrytn will work out in time. I will read abt it thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sirniyeh(m): 8:51pm On Mar 09, 2012
To all women, one unique thing to admit is that, "every woman is a mystery of God, created to transfer the motherhood anointing of God to the offsprings." The supreme covenant on earth is between God and Women. It was this covenant that attracted satan to Eve in the bible and not Adam. Infact, we need divine revelations.
You just get that book, "The Mysteries in Womanity". You hear WEN. You will be expose to some awesome revelations that make every woman super warlord of the earth.
Back to the topic, before, during and after the pregnancy, your health matters most. The condition of your health has a lot to describe expecially when blood is,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sirniyeh(m): 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2012
To all women, one unique thing to admit is that, "every woman is a mystery of God, created to transfer the motherhood anointing of God to the offsprings." The supreme covenant on earth is between God and Women. It was this covenant that attracted satan to Eve in the bible and not Adam. Infact, we need divine revelations.
You just get that book, "The Mysteries in Womanity". You hear WEN. You will be expose to some awesome revelations that make every woman super warlord of the earth.
Back to the topic, before, during and after the pregnancy, your health matters most. The condition of your health has a lot to describe expecially when blood is,

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by strita(f): 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2012
Am in my 12th week and this my first pregnancy. I had malaria last week but treated it with artesunate so I was so scared for my baby dat was why I went to hospital today. Anyway I registered for antenatal care today. I did ultrasound and saw my baby doing all types of sports, he(my hubby claims it is a boy, but we couldn't tell anyway) refused to be still all through. It was so refreshing watching him move. He looks so alright. I couldn't help noticing the delight in my husband's voice as he watch. Everybody seems to have appetite except me, I only enjoy local foods like fufu,agidi,abacha,soup I can't eat meat,fish,rice,tea without vomitting it. Seriously hope my baby won't turn to a 'local g' as my family call him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sirniyeh(m): 9:18pm On Mar 09, 2012
The isssue of Twins has to be understood. Since there is no complication, there is nothing to fear about but be prayerful. At 8th month, it's possible to deliver twins easily. That you carry twins does not mean your gestation period will be extended. No! We've hear people giving birth to triplet at 39wk, my mother was an example.
Again, sometimes scan machine gives wrong result of twins. My sister was told after scan carried out to deliver twins, eventually a boy was deliver. Another told one boy but delivered two girls.
The point is do not be troubled by scan result. What is essential is your health. Make sure you are healthy. Monitor your self and seek opinion of competent medical expert. It shall be well with you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 09, 2012
Not a local G but a correct G! Congrats! What did they do apart from d scan? I am yet to start antenatal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by strita(f): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
I carried out all types of blood tests;genotype,hiv,hp b,full blood count,mp,pcv and, urinalysis. I placed myself on fesulate and folic acid for 7wks befor I started taking pregnacare plus. I ws told to come for my first ANC class on wednesday. Until then like me continue eating my fufu.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:52pm On Mar 09, 2012
@ Luviee welcome and congrats on your little girl, let us know how the labor goes, i love to hear birth stories

@ kaysway this is a very complex question, but after being in NNICU for 3 1/2 months i can tell you a few things, where are you located, here are some things to keep in mind.

1.) at 8 months the babies are @ least 32 weeks gestation, but your not out of danger yet, if you are gonna delivery early 34 weeks is the best, @ this point you limit the amount of complications greatly.
2.) Twin pregnancies are always high risk, twins but @ 32 weeks the chance for survival is over 95% so chances are they will be fine, please make sure you get them to an NNICU where they can care for them properly
3.) If they are coming early try to get the steroids for the lungs which allow them to develop faster and get ready for life outside the womb
4.) health of the mother sometimes its better to deliver early to save both the mother and baby(s)
5.) If its a case of ttt then early delivery is a must
@ the end of the day the circumstances behind the early delivery matter, its a decision that is based on survival of mother and baby and what is the best thing to do to make sure everyone survives. I had my son @ 25 weeks and he has NO COMPLICATIONS, he is a happy and healthy, mischevious 19 month old

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:02pm On Mar 09, 2012
welcome strita smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kinguwem: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2012
Treatment of malaria in pregnancy depends on the gestational age and the severity of the disease. In the second and third trimesters, artemisinin combination therapy (ACTs) is used for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria (coartem, artemether, lonart tablets etc.). Quinine is used for the treatment of malaria in the first trimester and for the treatment of complicated malaria in all trimesters. Intravenous artesunate can also be used for the treatment of complicated malaria in the second and third trimesters. All pregnant women are advised to sleep under an insecticide treated bed net (INT). All pregnant women are also advised to register for antenatal care so that they can benefit from intermittent prophylactic treatment (IPT) with sulphadoxine/pyrimethamine tablets in the second and third trimesters.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kinguwem: 10:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
Treatment of malaria in pregnancy depends on the gestational age and the severity of the disease. In the second and third trimesters, artemisinin combination therapy (ACTs) is used for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria (coartem, artemether, lonart tablets etc.). Quinine is used for the treatment of malaria in the first trimester and for the treatment of complicated malaria in all trimesters. Intravenous artesunate can also be used for the treatment of complicated malaria in the second and third trimesters. All pregnant women are advised to sleep under an insecticide treated bed net (INT). All pregnant women are also advised to register for antenatal care so that they can benefit from intermittent prophylactic treatment (IPT) with sulphadoxine/pyrimethamine tablets in the second and third trimesters.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2012
Wow!A lot of expectant mums here.Well I'm in my 23rd & it's my 1st.I always feel tired n weak,hubby does most of d cooking.I get tired & feel dizzy immediately I finish my meals,I wake up at night to eat too & presently I find it difficult to sleep with my clothes on,Just panties.I did scan & d report says placenta is low lying though baby's positin is fine.Doc says placenta issue is no issue @ my stage now.Just hoping & praying to God to see me thru dis 1st of its kind journey.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2012
@imurboss welcome and congrats, the low lieing placenta is ok @ that gestation, most likely it will move up as the uterus expands further. which i am sure it will, i had an anterior placenta with my son at first by 18 weeks it had moved to posterior, wiching you a happy and healthy 17 weeks to go.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by riac(f): 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
Wen i found out i was pregnant,my joy was unmeasurable being my 1st time.I had my first scan wen d pregnancy was 19 wks $ i discovered i was carring twins,i was very hapy but my problem started wen i was 24wks,i started feelin uncomfortable,hardened stomach,series of lower abdominal pain, back ache.it got 2 a stage wen i cnt sleep again so i had 2 go 2 d hospital tinkin its a minor case.bt on getin dere dey admited me tinkin i was avin premature contraction bt afta 2 days of treatment witout any changes,i had anoda scan $ dey realize i was aving excess water in my uterus<hydranimous> as dey call it, to cut my story short,two days later my water bag broke in d morning $ 4 hrs later i delivered d babies bt dey cldnt make it cuz dey ar very small.d bigest weigh 0.6kg.it happened 2 wks ago <25/02/2012>.i'm filled wit soo much pain right now bt i'm sure i'll get over it.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
@ riac i am so sorry to hear about your loss, I had also lost a baby @ 20 weeks pregnancy, so i know how it hurts. But g-d is faithful he will see you through and bring a smile back onto your face. It's important to know why they came early, so you can avoid this instance in future pregnancies. Did they give you any other reason's for the early delivery, i wish you where in developed country where 24 weeks have a 50-50 chance. My son came early at 25 weeks, but i was in Canada then so i had the chance to get good health care.
At 24 weeks is when a baby is viable it can survive outside the womb with assistance, such as ventilator, feeding tube, heated incubator etc. The lack of this equipment is a big part of the problem.
Sending you love and positive energy to overcome this difficult time, cry onto g-d he hears you oooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
@ Riac, I pray your babies will come to full health. I know they will.

As for me, i went for my first antenatal class today, i dragged husband along, told him it was compulsory. It was very interesting, we were taught about what to expect in labour, when to come to the hospital, options available to us in terms of pain relief, episiotomy etc.

I dont know the sex of my baby, and i opted to find out the sex of my baby myself when the baby is placed in my arms fresh from the womb before even been cleaned up. How exciting. I'd be having a water birth as well.

My only worry is that my husband seems to be nonchalant about the baby, He's not showing any excitement even in my 33th week!! As its my first, i expected everything to be all lovey, exciting and for a positive vibe to be in the air but he doesnt even ask about baby shopping. Even getting him to suggest baby names is a problem. I have to prompt any conversation about the baby before i can get a common yes or no answer from him.  Its very infuriating.

But i wont let his attitude affect my mood. I am very happy for my baby and i cant wait to be a mom. Everyone here has said how wonderful it is to be one so im really looking forward to it (minus the sleepless nights).

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:22am On Mar 10, 2012
Ib:

But i wont let his attitude affect my mood. I am very happy for my baby and i cant wait to be a mom. Everyone here has said how wonderful it is to be one so im really looking forward to it (minus the sleepless nights).

ahh yess sleepless nights get use to it mommy cause its coming to you soon enough, hence why i am still awake and my son is 19 months, lol, water birth you say omg, where are you located if you dont mind me asking, is such a service available in Nigeria? I have herd so many good things about water births and the benefits to both baby and mom. I hope you will share the birthing expereince with us in time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kayswag100(m): 6:11am On Mar 10, 2012

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by riac(f): 6:58am On Mar 10, 2012
@ agiboma,tnks so much.i wasnt told d exact reason why d baby came early,all dey said was dat i ave excess amionic fluid in my uterus which cause d discomfort.wen i google check wat cld be d cause,multiple gestatn is one of d reasons bt it occured in abt 2% of pregnancy.bt once i'm fully recovered i'll seek good medical care b4 conceivin again

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Luvlee(f): 7:04am On Mar 10, 2012
@kayswag tats so nice of u to be helpin out, my hubby too is as excited as I am $ am so happy he's goin to be helpin out. @riac so sorry abt ur babies, dnt worry u will hv ur own buundles of joy soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 10, 2012
I like this topic. My wife is abt 7 weeks preg. She's been complaining of constant weakness, tiredness and fatigue. Sometimes she's restless at night. She finds it difficult to eat these days and when she does she feels like vomiting, though she never vomits. This is our second child. The first pregnancy was normal. She didn't have any of these problems. In fact she was so strong she travelled long distances and wrote exams within the 1st trimester. So is there any remedy to these problems?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sirniyeh(m): 8:52am On Mar 10, 2012
Sirniyeh:

As many people reading this thread and are pregnant, I decree as an Oracle of God that you shall deliver safely with both mother and baby alive and the spirit of God will not depart from you. To those who shared their encounters in this thread, from now on, the joy of God will not cease from you. To those seeking partners, the power that connects heaven and earth will connect you  before April 1. All in Jesus Name.

There is no sure motive power that removes sorrow, struggle etc like the TRUTH. The truth is that WATER did not come from above with dirts, germs, colour, virus; water becomes polluted as soon as it reaches the soil. This is the case of pregnancy.
God is awesome, He is not a man who will do wicked things, He has no favourite. But when many women encounter severe complications that lead to the story of sorrow, we need to ask ourselves questions. It's written that many perish for lack of knowledge. I pray that you will not perish IJN.
To the issue of pregnancy, there are lots of things to know among which include
1. High level of sugar in the body affects pregnancy. Even it has negative effects on man's Fluid as well.
2. Infection either from toilet, while menstrate, during abortion, intercourse while pregnant, has horror effects on pregnancy development.
3. Self medication, patronizing the quarks doctors during anti-natal also has negative effect.
4. Emotional distress, over stress and hectic depression also affect.
5. STI Spiritual-Transmitive-Infection (is it strange?) also affects.
6. Blood group( I dont want to mention a particular BG not to cause family unrest) but research, a BG always has sorrowfull complication unless by His Mercy and Grace.
7. Hereditary.

Finally, this life is all about cause and effect. I can not explain all. But get a book "The Mysteries In Womanity" published in USA by Dorrance Publisher. Available online, in www.amazon.com, www.redleadbooks.com. It is a must read!
May it be WELL with you IJN
enquiry: saintchrst@yahoo.com

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dudugirl01(f): 9:07am On Mar 10, 2012
Please all, how do I know labor has started? I've less than 5weeks but I want to know when it starts
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:32am On Mar 10, 2012
@kayswag congrats being a daddy
@Riac yes great idea to seek proper medical advice and monitor yourself closely
@excelloque welcome the feeling of Nausea is what your wife is experiencing, it will most likely pass after she reaches 13 weeks, their are medications that you can take for the Nausea, but honestly tell her just try and mange it for now, only a few more weeks until it stops
@duadugirl01 wow are you trying to tell us your gonna be the first baby born on the thread, labor pesents in so many ways in different women and each pregnancy is different. Here is how mine started:
1.) I began to feel pains in my lower back
2.) I began to loose my mucous plug
3.) I then felt pain in my womb, for a few secounds then it would stop as time went on the pain became more frequent, in the advance stages you will feel the need to push thats when the baby is just about to come out.

Hopefully some other mom's that have gone through labour can share their story so we can compare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6952) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Niceapple and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.