Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,518 members, 7,770,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8046210 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6952) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by amarush(f): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2012
Hi all,

I'm 38 weeks pregnant, with my second child, baby is due on 23 March and my daughter turns 3 on 25 March smiley. I'm hoping for a natural birth this time, i.e. no meds. I had an epidural with my first child, however talk is cheap and i have a low pain threshold, the pain was toooooooo much at 5cms dilated so who knows! Had a check up yesterday and advised that i have high blood pressure, so have to go back for further assessment on Monday.

Nice thread btw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2012
welcome amurush, your already term so if the follow up test confirm pre-eclamsia they will probably deliver you sooner than later, Have a safe delivery, please come back and let us know how the labor and delivery went, we all love birth stories on this thread and my g-d's grace e shall share and hear many. wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2012
There is FREE fertility treatment going on! House Of Grace medical mission in conjunction with medical experts from abuja. today and sunday. House of Grace church Alakija. Call 07043550545 for enquiries. Its free. Pls spread the word!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teewai27: 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2012
I love this topic cos im learning so much from ur experiences ladies.
We have been ttc for two months now and im anxious for any sign of pregnancy.its almost making me too anxious. I would really appreciate people who can remember what their first few weeks of pregnancy felt like. I was kinda suprised dat our first try didnt result in anything even when i knew i was ovulating.wat if sthg is wrong?i use prenatal vitamins, is there sthg else i shld be doing (sex everyday is on my to-do list)lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloria454: 3:43am On Mar 12, 2012
Hi, ladies, I like this thread cause I think pregnancy is one of the most beautiful periods of woman's life, when I was pregnant I enjoyed it, fortunately I had no symptoms except burning heart, so I was a happy one, may be someone is looking for a source were she may find the answers to many questions, so I can say that during my preg I used this calendar https://saymommy.com/weeks/ to know what is going one, I'll be glad if it'll help, good luck! wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 3:54am On Mar 12, 2012
@tewal27 welcome to our thread to answer your questions the early stages of pregnancy feel like, regular monthly menstration, like period cramps, sore breast etc. The best time so have sex is during your ovulation period, that is your most fertile period in the month and the likelihood of conceiving is best. You have not been trying long enough to conclude something is wrong usually infertility is diagnosed after 1 year of ttc and a pregnancy has not been achieved. But if you are in doubt you should go see your doctor. Below i have attached a link to the TTC thread the ladies on their are great we all share advice and support each other in the ttc journey.

https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc/3124#bot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2012
What an interesting trend! Learnt so much. @ rockamania its a pity reading ur story, take heart nd trust God to give u a lasting joy. He will surely pit smile on ur face again. @dudugirl01 wishin u safe delivery in due time. As for d sex never bother my child did same. Whenever i go for a scan she turns her buttoks for d doctor to c.even up to a week to delivery she did same. No need to worry at delivery d sex will surely be revealed.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 7:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
Pls i need advise on how to go abt reducing this pain.my baby is 14mnths and i just realize am pregnant so i hav to stop breastfeeding her. The pain i feel presenting in my breast is so much dat i cant sleep. Pls i need urgent reply dat will help me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2012
@demmykay welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy. Now i am not a lactation consultant but, did you just stop breastfeeding your baby abruptly. Like you did not wean her at all you just stopped all of a sudden? Now the pain you are feeling could be engourgement and the breast being incredibly full, or it could be an infection know as Mastitis, if thats the case it would need to be treated with medications (antibiotics). Now i would suggest you try the following:

1.) You can express the milk @ least 2 times daily for a few days, then gradually go down to 1 a day, and they stop altogether over a week period.
2.) You should also go to your doctor if the pain does not go away after a few days to rule out infection.

Why did you stop breastfeeding your LO, its perfectly safe to do so in pregnancy and wont harm the baby in your womb.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chigsmith: 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2012
..am really very impressed viewing this thread especially the warm contributions so far made. it does not take so much ....to put a smile on ones face...give hope to one who is about to loose it....to drive away fear from one that is trembling as d day draws closer. thanks
all for the contribution though not female but can see the encouragement this thread has and will give to many. and to you specially ...agiboma many thanks to you for initiating this and affecting lives positively

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words, It really means a lot to me, hopefully it will help someone, somewhere at sometime, thats the aim smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2012
@ agiboma tanks a mill for ur response/advise. I had to stop breastfeeding my LO considering the tenderness of d breast in early pregnancy tryin to avoid pains (nt sure). I also thought dat weanin implies stopin d child frm breastfeedin nt mindin it being sudden or not. (put me thru as i want to learn more). The pains in d bosom has also reduced but d breast is stil lookin very big nd kind of strong. Tanks once again, waitin to hear frm u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2012
@demmy weaning is a process, you can choose to gradually wean your baby which is the prefereed method by many moms, where they decrease the amount of breastmilk they give to their babies and start to introduce more solid foods at the same time. The other option is to stop breastfeeding all together. I certainly understand why you stopped as the pain in the breast in early pregnancy is difficult to bear. I had a friend that stopped breastfeeding her 18 month old once she got pregnant, she said it hurt and she did not enjoy it anymore, and to an extent the breastfeeding made her sick. Now how about the pain has it gone away? It sounds like your breast are engourged and you need to get them soft again here are some tips:

1.) try taking a hot shower and let the water run on your breast for a few minutes
2.) you can boil water and use a cloth to place on the breast the warm moisture may make them soft again
3.) Cabbage leaf can also help to ge the breast soft again

I hope your still giving the little one formula milk, or regular powder milk. I have my son who is 19 months on SMA Toddler formula and when i run out and cant get to the supermarket i give him peak 123, I actually like the peak 123 better because it has additional iron, which toddlers need up to the age of 2 for proper growth and development.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dammylove4real: 1:42am On Mar 14, 2012
My second pregnancy was stress free until 30wks when i went for my scan unt the sonograhr told me to wait that she needs to get d doctor to talk to me.i was so scared because i knew something wasnt right,she came and told me that my son had passed away.i thought i was going to die,i kept asking questions how,when.she doesnt know but she told me maybe that day.I was placed on pitocin to induce my labor,i had a still birth,could not afford to see him but my family helped me take his pictures,dressed him,i had his certificate,his footh print,he was in my room for 5hrs.Finally we baptized him,working in L&D has helped me overcome my fear i still cry n ask God why it happened to me.
This month is my son's anniverary.I pray that our children will live and grow to declare the works of the lord(amen)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:17am On Mar 14, 2012
@dammy so sorry for your loss, its not easy as you well know. To work in L&D after such an experience that is truely braze. You will certainly have more children as they are already around you and g-d will bless you with as many children as you so desire. I often ask myself why such things happen to good people. I can tell you the pain gets easier to deal with as time goes on.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2012
@dammylove i feel ur pain pls try to put it behind surely God will giv u a replacement and dat wil be a lasting joy.@agiboma tanks d pains are almost gone. D right breast seems ok but d left is still a kind of strong/tender but sure will get better tryin those tips of urs. The LO takes peak 123. But funny enough refuse taking tea these days which makes me wake up at midnight to give her goldenmorn or pap. If only she takes d tea it will hv been much easier for me ie need nt sit up,prepare nd start feeding her. Hop she wil later tak d tea again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:59am On Mar 14, 2012
@demmy probably the teeth is disturbing her, thats why she is waking up dont worry my son still wakes up in the night, i am hoping he gets into a sleeping rountine in the near future.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afrobaby(f): 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2012
Hello moms and mom's to be, pls where can one go for scan in lagos and how much does it cost on the average. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2012
I am not sure where you can go for scan in Lagos, cause im in PH, but the cost generally is anywhere from 1500-200 naira.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2012
Echo scan at Opebi, close to the u-turn facing allen cost 1,500, Mecure @ Oshodi beside BOC gas, cost 4,000...Those are the two places I've used apart from my hospital
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2012
osikhueme: Echo scan at Opebi, close to the u-turn facing allen cost 1,500, Mecure @ Oshodi beside BOC gas, cost 4,000...Those are the two places I've used apart from my hospital

4000 naira shocked shocked shocked what are they doing their for such a cost omg, are they providing more services than just a scan?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 8:20pm On Mar 14, 2012
Pls i need to know how to calculate hw many wks my preg is. Is it frm d last day of my last menstration or when i missed my period? pls i need some clarification
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:04am On Mar 15, 2012
feelin a bit weak
booooobs aches more
lost of appetite
hrt burn
GOD, i dont wanna b sick
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:40am On Mar 15, 2012
@ demmy pregnancy is calculated from the date your last period has finished and the new cycle begins, here is a link to a calculator that may help you, it will tell you how far along you are and also your due date:

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/pregcalc.html

@diamond, ahh the joys of pregnancy lol enjoy momma many more experiences to come smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ib(f): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hi Ladies (and gents),

Quick update on my journey in pregnancy. Im 33 weeks and 5 days. today was just rough! I went for driving lessons today and having sat in the car driving for 2 hours, by the time i got out of the vehicle, my bump was TIGHT! i started feeling nauseous and frustrated with my existence. I got home, went straight into bed for 1 hour, woke up still not joy. I threw up and started having a headache still no luck. Its been 7 hours since ive been feeling like shit. At a point, i was crying from been so uncomfortable...i felt like the baby should just come now let me rest.

right now, i'm feeling a bit of relief from the tightness but i cant eat. i hope this is the last i'd have of this horrible feeling.

enough of my ranting and feeling sorry for my self..lol. Hope all preggers ladies are good? Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:14pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hi IB,

Great update i hope you learnt your lesson today, no sitting for extended hours, wink, ooo we cant wait for the birth story, i love to hear about LO coming into their world and how they choose to make their grand entrance. Safe delivery mommy in 3 weeks time approximatley you will be term so that means you can have your baby @ any time. wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osikhueme(f): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2012
agiboma:

4000 naira shocked shocked shocked what are they doing their for such a cost omg, are they providing more services than just a scan?

Lol!! Na wa o, U can log in and check ur results and blah blah.. Enough effizy sha until I discovered Echo scan cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nekkyrules: 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
God will help us all. Amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
Signed up on dis forum when it was newly launched then but didn't really follow but with dis new thread can't but sign up afresh, it's a very nice one, my hubby actually told me abt it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biddiebest: 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2012
Am 22weeks but looks like am 7months, dis is my 2nd preg, my son will be 2years in May, I actually thought subsequent preg will be a work over, even in my 2nd trimester which is supposed to be without stress, i feel so tired, pains all over my body (been treated 4 malaria), throws up sometimes, very uncomfortable for like 3hrs after lunch, don't really av appetite so i don't eat like most preg women, my hubby even complains, can't wait to get over this with my baby in my arms, still prays it's a twin even though the scan i did some month back says one, D God i serve can do all things.......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (6952) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.